Teaching Gay History in California

Jul 9, 2011 Full story: EDGE 12,515

California lawmakers on Tuesday sent the governor a bill that would make the state the first requiring public schools to include the contributions of gays and lesbians in social studies curriculum.

Full Story
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13057 Jan 25, 2013
-Popeye- wrote:
<quoted text>
Many heterosexuals have anal sex. Is that also considered disturbing as well by your standards?
Many heterosexuals have their bag of toys. Is that too considered to be disturbing? You seem to have quite the imagination for the homosexual bed room. Is it just as imaginative for the heterosexuals with the bag of toys?
I think both sides present a valid point of view, I do not agree sex needs to be thrown into the discussion.
Some heterosexuals do. Only the sexual deviants you are really refering to.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13058 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, that is your prejudice in action. Had you been living there at that time, it would have seemed like an important part of the fertility ritual orgies taking place with prostitutes in the temple. You were taught to fear and despise gay people from early childhood, based largely on Paul's misunderstood letters. You live in a different place and time.
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, that is your prejudice in action. Had you been living there at that time, it would have seemed like an important part of the fertility ritual orgies taking place with prostitutes in the temple. You were taught to fear and despise gay people from early childhood, based largely on Paul's misunderstood letters. You live in a different place and time.
Did the bible say that was the reason for the homosexual practices? It says they burned with passion for each other and gave up natural lust for women. Meaning it was refering to homosexuality specifically. Can you prove homosexuality largely took place there?
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13059 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Context.
The context was specific. You have given it a context. The bible was written for anyone, not just for the people in Romans, so everybody should understand it.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13060 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the over 1500 species are wild.
Again, there is no scientific support for your irrational theory. Same sex bonding and behavior are a natural expression of being alive for a minority of the human population and many other species as well.
Same sex bonding is not a natural expression of that. You can't connect with the same sex, you are meant to be fufilled with the opposite sex. How do you know over 1500 of them are wild? When it says species it doesn't mean animal types, but actually types of the sorts of animals. Such as grey cats, species one, brown cats, species two, yellow dogs species 3 ect.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13061 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition to the fact many gay men and most gay women do not have anal sex, everything gay men and women do is practiced by even more straight men and women, as you seem to realize. Yet this is only used to justify discrimination against gay people, not straight ones too.
But the attempt to reduce the lives and loves of gay people to nothing more than a sexual act, is another standard technique intended to demonize and dehumanize in order to justify causing harm.
There is no valid argument to support refusing to treat others as you would yourself under the law. And that is why demonization and dehumanization remain the primary tools used to support discrimination and prejudice.
Anal sex is the only sex gay men are able to engage in.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13062 Jan 25, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that only scientifically way to prove whether someone is gay or not from birth, is to isolate the person from society and then release into society them when they turn 18.
When they are 18, ask them to go into a room filled with people their age. If he/she immediately starts checking out the same sex then its a good bet that they are gay. Yet, if he/she starts checking out the opposite sex then they are straight.
I believe the number one reason someone seeks out same-sex partners is that they suffered rejection from the opposite sex during their K-12 years. What happens is that two rejected men or women seek each other's company (because misery loves company), and they then form an emotion attachment to the other person. Since they cannot get sex from the opposite sex, they make the choice to get sex from the person that they have an emotional attachment to.
For me, homosexuality has always been a choice. By teaching kids the pro-homosexuality viewpoint/theory that homosexuality is a built-in trait then it will only encourage the 'loners' to become homosexuals.
But even then, they could simply be looking for males if released from their home solitairy confinement to find a group they belong to. So the loners would end up thinking they are gay, when they are simply searching for an identity among their peers.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13064 Jan 25, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
Do you even realize just how truly stupid your conjecture makes you seem? I knew what my sexual orientation was at ten years of age and for many it's been much earlier than that. I happened to be masculine and attractive enough to the opposite sex to have been actively pursued by them well into my forties. Now that I'm approaching new decades its starting again and I'm forced to tell them I'm not on the market.
You really have no facts to stand on with your statement. for the most part we no more chose our sexual orientation than we do our skin color. Kids need to have confidence in their own sexuality and attempts by people such as yourself forcing kids to deny their own sexuality is nothing but self serving bigotry backed up by a lot of ignorant misinformation. Get over yourself.
<quoted text>
You didn't realise it at 10. At ten that would mean early sexuality, which according to proper factual resources indicate a child being sexually abused. Early masterbation also indicates this.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#13065 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Did the bible say that was the reason for the homosexual practices? It says they burned with passion for each other and gave up natural lust for women. Meaning it was refering to homosexuality specifically. Can you prove homosexuality largely took place there?
Notice it is addressing lust, not committed relationships based on mutual love and respect.

If you read it in context, and consider the context of the time and place it was written, you can see he was talking about pagan ritual orgies which involved temple prostitutes of both sexes.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13066 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice it is addressing lust, not committed relationships based on mutual love and respect.
If you read it in context, and consider the context of the time and place it was written, you can see he was talking about pagan ritual orgies which involved temple prostitutes of both sexes.
Homosexuals it said burned with passion for each other. Covers it! And homosexuals can't love each other!

AOL

#13067 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex bonding is not a natural expression of that. You can't connect with the same sex, you are meant to be fufilled with the opposite sex. How do you know over 1500 of them are wild? When it says species it doesn't mean animal types, but actually types of the sorts of animals. Such as grey cats, species one, brown cats, species two, yellow dogs species 3 ect.
Wow! I hate to use the word "ignorant" due to its negative connotations, but your lack of basic information is surprising.

Have you not attended high school biology? All house cats are one species. A quick search of the definition would have helped you avoid such a basic and blatant mistake.

Most species are wild.

Every mainstream medical and mental health organization in the country agree being gay is a natural expression of human love and bonding for a minority of the population. Gay people are fully capable of forming connections as strong as any heterosexual couple. Your prejudice is not supported by science or history.

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

North Olmsted, OH

#13068 Jan 25, 2013
Human beings are not perfect. Each of us has some kind of defect of character or personality. I believe homosexuality is a defect because since every human being is born with the ability to procreate then they should want to procreate.

In my opinion, it is having a defective character/personality that makes a person not to be attracted to the opposite sex and lacks the desire to procreate.

I believe that nobody should be proud of a defect and it is why Gay Pride is a mystery to me.
Jane Dodo

Hoboken, NJ

#13069 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals it said burned with passion for each other. Covers it! And homosexuals can't love each other!
...snore...

Confusing your stupid opinion with fact, AGAIN? You define incorrigible.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13070 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I hate to use the word "ignorant" due to its negative connotations, but your lack of basic information is surprising.
Have you not attended high school biology? All house cats are one species. A quick search of the definition would have helped you avoid such a basic and blatant mistake.
Most species are wild.
Every mainstream medical and mental health organization in the country agree being gay is a natural expression of human love and bonding for a minority of the population. Gay people are fully capable of forming connections as strong as any heterosexual couple. Your prejudice is not supported by science or history.
Cats have several species. Like tabby cats. And homosexuality spreaded to wild animals after a while, got a chance to spread to 1500 demonic wild animals.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13071 Jan 25, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Human beings are not perfect. Each of us has some kind of defect of character or personality. I believe homosexuality is a defect because since every human being is born with the ability to procreate then they should want to procreate.
In my opinion, it is having a defective character/personality that makes a person not to be attracted to the opposite sex and lacks the desire to procreate.
I believe that nobody should be proud of a defect and it is why Gay Pride is a mystery to me.
Proud about a disorder?

Psychatric patient: "I've been diagnosed with narcissist personality disorder, and proud about it!".

AOL

#13072 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Anal sex is the only sex gay men are able to engage in.
Again, wow! Lack of information!

Many gay men do not practice anal sex at all.

Some only occasionally. Some prefer frottage. Some prefer oral. A combination of oral and frottage is popular.

AOL

#13073 Jan 25, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, wow! Gay people can love each other as strongly and as long as any one else. History and literature demonstrate this clearly. Your prejudice is not founded in reality.

But if you read that passage, you should see it is addressing lust, not committed relationships based on mutual love and respect. Your prejudice is blinding you.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13074 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Some only occasionally. Some prefer frottage. Some prefer oral. A combination of oral and frottage is popular.
No, most engage in anal.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#13075 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, wow! Gay people can love each other as strongly and as long as any one else. History and literature demonstrate this clearly. Your prejudice is not founded in reality.
But if you read that passage, you should see it is addressing lust, not committed relationships based on mutual love and respect. Your prejudice is blinding you.
PROOF IT FOOL! I CANT LOVE SOMEONE EQUAL!

AOL

#13076 Jan 25, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Your opinion is not supported by any mainstream scientific organization. Being gay is a natural expression of human love and bonding for a minority of the population.

Gay people can and do procreate.

Some straight people are born with reproductive problems that render them sterile. That is a defect.

There are many other birth defects people are born with. Yet we do not deny any fundamental rights to those persons as a result. While being gay is not a defect, even if you ignore the science and continue to rely on your scientifically unsupportable belief, you still have no excuse for denial of equal treatment under the law.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13077 Jan 25, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made my breakfast come up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min red and right 50,466
Amgen Tour of California route to traverse Neva... 16 min Sylvia 1
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 44 min Cali Girl 2014 57,237
Some doctors won't see patients with anti-vacci... 1 hr BAD DOCTORS 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 183,921
California DMV inconveniences citizens to help ... 1 hr whenagendapeoplea... 1
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 4 hr garagehero 27,521
More from around the web