Mexican colleges look to expand in U....

Mexican colleges look to expand in U.S. to serve immigrants

There are 27 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Nov 4, 2013, titled Mexican colleges look to expand in U.S. to serve immigrants. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

In an ethnically themed shopping center called Plaza Mexico just south of Los Angeles, a public university from the Mexican state of Colima has planted its flag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Kingston, Jamaica

#2 Nov 5, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
I wonder if they will eventually offer Masters degrees. Once they're accredited I'd consider a Masters from such a school.
LOL, ridiculous ideal that will never happen. Mexico has never been known for producing intelligent or high;y skilled people.
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#3 Nov 5, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, ridiculous ideal that will never happen. Mexico has never been known for producing intelligent or high;y skilled people.
Oh and Jamaica has, right?
kennedy

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Nov 5, 2013
Sounds interesting. Might be a good idea and produce positive results in the long run.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 5, 2013
Fake diplomas will flood US.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 Nov 5, 2013
The Latino Education Crisis - ASCD
They're the fastest-growing ethnic group but the most poorly educated. Do we have what it takes to close the gap?
http://www.ascd.org/publications/educational-...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Nov 5, 2013
Zanonii wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like your diploma? Oh wait, you don't have one.
How come when it comes to education Latinos suck as much as Blacks?
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#12 Nov 5, 2013
Oh I'm so smart! I'm sooooo smaaaaart! I'm smarter than you! Look how smart I am.

So what if almost all of us are on Welfare and Section 8? We're smarter than you!

We're so smart we're quickly going to become the minority!
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#13 Nov 5, 2013
OMG, I just can't believe how smart we are!!!!!

Wait, I have to blow my nose, can I use your diploma? I already used mine.
Sam

Kingston, Jamaica

#17 Nov 6, 2013
Unregistered Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and Jamaica has, right?
I reside in California you moron. Not all of us are unable to travel or lack world exposure. BTW; in response to your comment, yes Jamaica has produced a few exceptional world reknowed people.

Examples: Colin Powell, Bob Marley, Marcus Garvey, Patrick Ewing, Usain Bolt, Lennox Lewis, Jody-Anne Maxwell and many many more.
Ask A Mojado

Palm Desert, CA

#18 Nov 6, 2013
Mojados recieve their free masters baboso degree's while incarcerated at the university of San Diego county jail, border detension center, Los Angeles County jail....
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#19 Nov 6, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I reside in California you moron. Not all of us are unable to travel or lack world exposure. BTW; in response to your comment, yes Jamaica has produced a few exceptional world reknowed people.
Examples: Colin Powell, Bob Marley, Marcus Garvey, Patrick Ewing, Usain Bolt, Lennox Lewis, Jody-Anne Maxwell and many many more.
OMG! And Mexico has not! You just blasted me! NOT!!!!!!

I will not even present evidence, you can just kiss my azzzz!!!!!!
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#20 Nov 6, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
I reside in California you moron. Not all of us are unable to travel or lack world exposure. BTW; in response to your comment, yes Jamaica has produced a few exceptional world reknowed people.
Examples: Colin Powell, Bob Marley, Marcus Garvey, Patrick Ewing, Usain Bolt, Lennox Lewis, Jody-Anne Maxwell and many many more.
Actually, I know of only two of yours. Colin Powell and Bob Marley. The others, I don't know.

But if you really don't know any well known Mexicans, it's because you're out of the game! That's why you're not going to be included in the nueva raza mestiza!
Unregistered Troll

Oakland, CA

#21 Nov 6, 2013
Ask A Mojado wrote:
Mojados recieve their free masters baboso degree's while incarcerated at the university of San Diego county jail, border detension center, Los Angeles County jail....
What about the non-mojados?
sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#22 Nov 7, 2013
It is logical that he doesn't know any outstanding Mexican. His gringo books and media never mention them, so for him they simply do not exist.

We have Wikipedia now, but I guess that the are things that we simply do not know (ignorance) and things we don't know because simply we don't want and even brag of it (imbecility).

Like in a gringo saying "where is Mexico?". As if they could ignore one of their two land borders.
sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#23 Nov 7, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, ridiculous ideal that will never happen. Mexico has never been known for producing intelligent or high;y skilled people.
If you have come saying "I think that Jamaica is super-beautiful, the best land in the world, etc... you would have our symphaties... instead, you said that thing above without provocation, in a thread that had nothing to do with you.... this is the tiny, crime cripled island of Jamaica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamaica

.... and you think it is somehow better than Mexico? Don't make me laugh.

Next!:-)
sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#24 Nov 7, 2013
" Some areas of Jamaica, particularly cities such as Kingston, Montego Bay and Spanish Town, experience high levels of crime and violence.[1] Jamaica has had one of the highest murder rates in the world for many years, according to United Nations estimates.[2] Former Prime Minister P. J. Patterson described the situation as "a national challenge of unprecedented proportions".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Jamaica

Jamaicans beliving themselves better than Mexicans.... los patos dispatandole a las escopetes... what's next?

No doubt the US anti-Mexican propaganda is very efective... but more disconnected as time passes.
sirius

Querétaro, Mexico

#25 Nov 7, 2013
Ask A Mojado

Palm Desert, CA

#26 Nov 7, 2013
Unregistered Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the non-mojados?
Hmmmmm....? non-mojados are citizens of the Estado Unidos, or mexicoons who stay in mexiho...
ima lezbo Myka Ashanti

Oakland, CA

#27 Nov 7, 2013
Ask A Mojado wrote:
Mojados recieve their free masters baboso degree's while incarcerated at the university of San Diego county jail, border detension center, Los Angeles County jail....
Shut up stupid!

I have huuuuge purple strap-on! You don't want to mess with me!!!
Sam

Kingston, Jamaica

#29 Nov 8, 2013
Unregistered Troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I know of only two of yours. Colin Powell and Bob Marley. The others, I don't know.
But if you really don't know any well known Mexicans, it's because you're out of the game! That's why you're not going to be included in the nueva raza mestiza!
Reality: There has NEVER been a great and/or world renowned Mexican aka Mexicant. There has also never been a significant Mexicant achievement beneficial to the world. Mexicans are simply very talentless, unexceptional people.

Nueva Raza Mestiza ? Sounds like a ridculous gang. Far from famous or world renowned, thus helping to illustrate my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Dr Guru 214,604
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... 2 hr Fumblementally ill 3
News Toxic Dust from a Dying California Lake 6 hr Three Psyche 1
News As California's Largest Lake Evaporates, A Coun... 6 hr Three Psyche 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
News Evidence scant California's licensed illegal im... 15 hr tomin cali 4
Bullet train or desalination plants? 16 hr Tebow_Obama 1
More from around the web