Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 59807 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20046 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Does Homosexuality = Sexual Perversion?
No
But homophobia = inabilily to express yourself
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20047 Jan 18, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
In most of the Muslim world, consensual homosexual acts are crimes. But the left doesn't care about the lives and freedom of gays and lesbians; they only care about power. There's more power to be had, rewriting our marriage laws for all Americans, than saving the lives of homosexuals who live outside the USA.
Reason Number Three for keeping marriage one man and one woman; survival. Same sex marriage harms everyone, gays most of all.
No straight people's marriages have ever been harmed by gay people's marriages
No gay people's marriages have ever been harmed by straight people's marriages
No marriages have ever been harmed by anyone else's marriages
So what rational thought process are you using to justify your phobia?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#20048 Jan 18, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
No straight people's marriages have ever been harmed by gay people's marriages
No gay people's marriages have ever been harmed by straight people's marriages
No marriages have ever been harmed by anyone else's marriages
So what rational thought process are you using to justify your phobia?
The best way to answer your question is to look to Massachusetts where same-sex marriage has been law for over ten years. Before the ink was dry on the same-sex marriage law gay activists were forcing school boards across the state to begin teaching "gay friendly" curriculums that portrayed homosexuality and homosexual marriage as "normal" to children.

And now that I've answered your question, here's mine:

Do you agree your "pride" parades promote sexual perversion?
cancr suxs

Owatonna, MN

#20049 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to answer your question is to look to Massachusetts where same-sex marriage has been law for over ten years. Before the ink was dry on the same-sex marriage law gay activists were forcing school boards across the state to begin teaching "gay friendly" curriculums that portrayed homosexuality and homosexual marriage as "normal" to children.
And now that I've answered your question, here's mine:
Gay friendly????????? Oh so you mean teaching kids not to hate and not to be bigots...YEA GOOD THING.

Gay pride is not a perversion....Only to Nazi fascist KKK pigs like you huh hitler boy.

Location hidden

#20050 Jan 18, 2014
cancr suxs wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay friendly????????? Oh so you mean teaching kids not to hate and not to be bigots...YEA GOOD THING.
Gay pride is not a perversion....Only to Nazi fascist KKK pigs like you huh hitler boy.
If gay pride isn't a perversion, explain men in pink spankies, men leading other men on dog leashes, men in penis suits, BDSM, erect penis bannders and masks.
cancr suxs

Owatonna, MN

#20051 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
If gay pride isn't a perversion, explain men in pink spankies, men leading other men on dog leashes, men in penis suits, BDSM, erect penis bannders and masks.
Whats wrong with that? I mean you far righters wear dead animal skin and carry vile nasty guns...

Anyway since this is a FREE nation they have the right to do as they wish...Now I hear Ian would fit your likes better...MOVE NOW OR SHUT UP.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20052 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Two completely different answers to the same question:
Answer 1. Pride parades are business ventures we use for fund raisers
The money is derived from entry fees paid by the commercial floats
*1/3 of the money is given to the city; town; or jurisdiction to put in their treasury to help reduce taxes or pay for various civic projects as they see fit
*1/3 of the money is awarded to qualified local charities
*1/3 of the money is used to pay for security; cleanup; and for permits and setup for the same parade the following year
Here is an example; 1million attendees produced 1 million for charity; 1 million for the city; and 1 million to pay overtime to the city police department; cleanup; seed money for the next parade; and money to finance the daily operation of the Worldwide Headquarters of the Gay Master Race back on our home planet Yagami
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Answer 2. Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation YOUR MOTHER was born with; attracted to men
Ask your mother if she is perverted and see what happens to you ;o)
Nine ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#20053 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Were it not for gay pride parades most of us would have no clue as to what homosexuality does to a person. Gays would have us believe there's no difference between gay pride parades and Mardi Gras, but this is self-serving misdirection.
At worst, Mardi Gras produces a few drunk women on the sideline flashing their breasts. Gay pride parades are an encyclopedia of sexual perversions. Apparently, homosexuality brings about sexual perversion in people.
I sees on here that a lot of the homesexuals says that gay pride stuff is A-OK. I done seen some on the TV. Guys kissing and prancing around, dressed like freques. That is sick. I can't figger out what they thinks they gits from telling everbody what they is and what they dose. Only thing that I can figger is that they is so sorry for theirselves that they has to pretend that they are prould of what they is and what they dose.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#20054 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you attend a parade of 2000 dirty old men wearing brown business suits and florsham shoes?
I think not
How 'bout would you attend a parade of 2000 dirty old men wearing religious costumes?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/12/art...
Possibly
But WE are the experts; sugar. Our Pride Parades are the best in the biz ;o)
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4142/4760275339...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20055 Jan 18, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
<quoted text> I sees on here that a lot of the homesexuals says that gay pride stuff is A-OK. I done seen some on the TV. Guys kissing and prancing around, dressed like freques. That is sick. I can't figger out what they thinks they gits from telling everbody what they is and what they dose. Only thing that I can figger is that they is so sorry for theirselves that they has to pretend that they are prould of what they is and what they dose.
Learn.

http://video.pbs.org/video/1889649613/

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#20057 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're not perverted, explain why men in pink spankys, men leading other men on dog leashes, men in penis suits, BDSM, erect penis banners and masks give you a micro-chubby? You spend more time thinking about this stuff than anyone I know.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20058 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
No.

You're welcome.

Does Homophobia = Pervision?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20059 Jan 18, 2014
perversion*
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#20061 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Were it not for gay pride parades most of us would have no clue as to what homosexuality does to a person.
Oh puh-leez...... parades are your only source of information? You are an idiot.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#20062 Jan 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. But you can't.
How many times do I have to post that link before you get it?
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#20063 Jan 18, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just mad because I make you have trouble concealing your hypocrisy. You want to keep polygamy illegal because you hate fundies.
No, I'm not mad. You didn't expose anything other than your own blatant stupidity, Frankie. I'm laughing.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20064 Jan 18, 2014

Location hidden

#20066 Jan 18, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Two completely different answers to the same question:
Answer 1. Pride parades are business ventures we use for fund raisers
The money is derived from entry fees paid by the commercial floats
*1/3 of the money is given to the city; town; or jurisdiction to put in their treasury to help reduce taxes or pay for various civic projects as they see fit
*1/3 of the money is awarded to qualified local charities
*1/3 of the money is used to pay for security; cleanup; and for permits and setup for the same parade the following year
Here is an example; 1million attendees produced 1 million for charity; 1 million for the city; and 1 million to pay overtime to the city police department; cleanup; seed money for the next parade; and money to finance the daily operation of the Worldwide Headquarters of the Gay Master Race back on our home planet Yagami
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Answer 2. Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation YOUR MOTHER was born with; attracted to men
Ask your mother if she is perverted and see what happens to you ;o)
Talk about a weird factor -- Rod Serling is doing back flips in his coffin.
Gay guys are born with the same sexual orientation YOUR MOTHER was born with; attracted to men. Ask your mother if she is perverted and see what happens to you ;o)
Playing the dozens? Yeah, he does that too. Of course playing the dozens requires skill and logic. You give us a set-up, but where's the punchline, fella?

Look, I wasn't trying to insult you; that's too easy. All I was saying is that you guys do things we used to call perverted. You seem to be defending sexual perversion. You also seem to be saying anyone who calls what's seen in these parades "perverted" is a homophobe. Here's a comment by a gay guy on the issue. Is he a homophobe too?

==========

Has Gay Pride lost it's way?
Postby Cachasa Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm

Pride season is almost over. But lately I'm feeling as though it's lost. It just seems like that most of the big Pride parties in Toronto, Montreal, San Francisco, ect. are just that, parties. Taking a stand on issues and fighting for rights doesn't seem to be a part of Pride anymore. What does getting really drunk or high while doing a bunch or really dangerous designer drugs have to do with gay pride?

Why are nudists and fetishists and poly-people marching in a Gay Pride parade? Last I checked Pride was not about choice so why the hell would some BDSM daddy there? Not that a BDSM daddy is a bad person, or that BDSM is wrong, but it's not a sexual orientation or a gender orientation. It's a lifestyle choice. Who cares what a perons choices are?

The whole community seems to be lacking a moral center, other wise would a poly-person be there? Why would pubic sex acts, fake or real be done during the parade? What's wrong with judging people and saying, "I'm right and that behavior is wrong". That's what gay activists had to do in the old days. They saw that the we were being treated badly for being who we are so they fought to try and change it. Now it just seems like gay activism has turned into a relativistic non-issue movement, "there's no right or wrong so let's not judge anything. Let's do whatever the hell we want no matter what it is because judgeing and takeing a stand on an issue is bad".

Then there's also the Corperateization... The Pride Parade in my home town this year was called the "TD Canada Trust Pride Parade" TD is the Toronto Dominion Bank, It's one of our national banks. They were the major sponsor this year so the pride parade was renamed for them...

I probably sound like I'm ranting...:oops:
Cachasa

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20067 Jan 18, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about a weird factor -- Rod Serling is doing back flips in his coffin.
<quoted text>
Playing the dozens? Yeah, he does that too. Of course playing the dozens requires skill and logic. You give us a set-up, but where's the punchline, fella?
Look, I wasn't trying to insult you; that's too easy. All I was saying is that you guys do things we used to call perverted. You seem to be defending sexual perversion. You also seem to be saying anyone who calls what's seen in these parades "perverted" is a homophobe. Here's a comment by a gay guy on the issue. Is he a homophobe too?
==========
Has Gay Pride lost it's way?
Postby Cachasa Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:47 pm
Pride season is almost over. But lately I'm feeling as though it's lost. It just seems like that most of the big Pride parties in Toronto, Montreal, San Francisco, ect. are just that, parties. Taking a stand on issues and fighting for rights doesn't seem to be a part of Pride anymore. What does getting really drunk or high while doing a bunch or really dangerous designer drugs have to do with gay pride?
Why are nudists and fetishists and poly-people marching in a Gay Pride parade? Last I checked Pride was not about choice so why the hell would some BDSM daddy there? Not that a BDSM daddy is a bad person, or that BDSM is wrong, but it's not a sexual orientation or a gender orientation. It's a lifestyle choice. Who cares what a perons choices are?
The whole community seems to be lacking a moral center, other wise would a poly-person be there? Why would pubic sex acts, fake or real be done during the parade? What's wrong with judging people and saying, "I'm right and that behavior is wrong". That's what gay activists had to do in the old days. They saw that the we were being treated badly for being who we are so they fought to try and change it. Now it just seems like gay activism has turned into a relativistic non-issue movement, "there's no right or wrong so let's not judge anything. Let's do whatever the hell we want no matter what it is because judgeing and takeing a stand on an issue is bad".
Then there's also the Corperateization... The Pride Parade in my home town this year was called the "TD Canada Trust Pride Parade" TD is the Toronto Dominion Bank, It's one of our national banks. They were the major sponsor this year so the pride parade was renamed for them...
I probably sound like I'm ranting...:oops:
Cachasa
Wow, a man with an opinion. Let's let him speak for the entire gay community.

Just when I think your posts can't possible get any more pathetic, you somehow manage to do it.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#20068 Jan 18, 2014
possibly*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min woodtick57 190,345
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 53,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 13 hr Pietro Armando 201,811
Why California sucks. (Jun '07) 22 hr California Sucks 706
biologist Yvette Marion Handfield looking job ... Thu Bennet Colorado 1
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... Thu fedupwiththemess 24
News Good news: Planetary alignment won't cause Cali... May 27 wait and see eh 1
More from around the web