Gay marriage

There are 20 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Earl

Austin, TX

#18043 Jan 9, 2014
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't buy that for one minute.
I believe that a small percentage of people really were born with a defect that made them gay. But I believe the majority of gays turned to homosexuality later in life as a result of a variety of reasons - molestation, brainwashing, indoctrination, convenience, etc.
I find that the majority of these liars are women. A good example is this actress (can't think of her name) who recently "came out" as a lesbian in her sixties and "married" her lesbian lover. She came out as a lesbian mind you, NOT bisexual.

Anywho, it turns out this lesbian has been married to three different men over the years and gave birth to 5 children among those different husbands. But she was born gay right? COME ON!

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#18044 Jan 9, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks DO have to contend with bigotry. I wanted to show you the puppet show but you resisted,.....like a White person would. And that IS the problem. American blacks are mostly hybrids.
The point went over your head. Let me try and make it simple:
Why would gay people claim they were born gay if they weren't?
anonymous wrote:
You didn't wonder why I used Will Smith and Morgan Freeman as stereotypes.
Din't notice you mentioned them. Maybe if your posts weren't so long, rambling, off topic and pretentious...
anonymous wrote:
It was because of the unique ways that they cope with their multi-racial nature. Will largely grew up in White neighborhoods and took on a bit of the class clown as a personality, but he makes it his image to talk too much on purpose in order to keep from being sidelined. Morgan actually is more comfortable in the personality of a traditional Black patriarch, but he puts a bit of polish into it so it has meaning for the White audience. Tragically, he is a bit of an Uncle Tom in that he inevitably is compelled to keep his silence when he can't pick his battles.
Morgan is the kind of person who criticizes Obama for his lack of commitment to the Black community. Morgan does not understand Obama's perspective. Will is the kind of person who would celebrate Obama's presidency regardless of his actual deeds. These are the social traps that they have all created for each other. They all lose their voice within the White community and the White community is free to go on exploiting Blacks.
What the Black community in America needs at this point in time, is self-awareness more than Affirmative Action. They need to understand their own complexities, and not be patronized as childish because those complexities may take them a longer time to mature into. Nobody else can do that for them.
Now, the big question! Are YOU part of the problem or part of the solution? Or are you just another forum yahoo looking to be entertained by some Jim Morrison cluck dancing for you like a dimwitted Chippendale stooge? If shoving money down somebody's undies is your ideal for equality, I think you've missed the problem and the solution. There's not much point in debating homosexuality with you if you can't figure THIS simple social problem out for yourself.
Zzzz....
Oh, did you have some kind of point?

North Hollywood, CA

#18045 Jan 9, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Parse Bunny!
You must want me to repost my wonderful wisdom! AS I SAID in the complete context of the original post, you may have made many tiny decisions since your childhood, but it was still a choice. Even if the choice was to run from a very large bully rather than fight and lose, you are mostly a product of your experiences. Synaptic algorithms account for a statistical trend, but there is no "gay" algorithm. Sexuality is purely the result of pain/pleasure response, not conceptual thought...snip...
Oh, dear Lord....(there are no atheists reading your posts)
People have sex fantasies. That's enough to show conceptual thought is part of sexuality.
You've never had a fantasy about having sex with someone?

North Hollywood, CA

#18046 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Then how about a cite proving "born this way"
You won't present one because there isn't one. What you'll do instead is what you always do, Dusty -- waste everyone's time.
Ask a gay person. The fact they say they were born that way is the most important proof there is. Any studies would be based on asking gay people about their experiences.
I'm straight. I know I was born that way. Didn't sit down one day and decide, "Hmmm...boys or girls?". It just hit me, "Boys!". And that was before I even knew what sex was.
Don't see why it would be any different for gay people, except the feeling would be for the same sex. My dad just taught me that some men like women, some like men.(And the police hassled those men, so they moved to West Hollywood.)

North Hollywood, CA

#18047 Jan 9, 2014
Norton wrote:
Queers say they are born gay and that they are ONLY sexually attracted to the same sex.
Why is that you find so many homosexuals with children from previous marriages to the opposite sex? Only later in life did they decide to become gay (as a sexual deviance) and leave their spouse to go indulge in the gay lifestyle.
If someone were truly born gay and only attracted to the same sex, how and why would they get married to the opposite sex and have children? How were they able to have sex with an opposite sex person and go all those years having sex with the opposite sex then all of a sudden now "come out"?
Gay is not the same thing as sterile, stupid.
Sexual orientation is like handedness. Just because you are right handed, it doesn't mean you can't use you left hand at all...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18048 Jan 9, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that the majority of these liars are women. A good example is this actress (can't think of her name) who recently "came out" as a lesbian in her sixties and "married" her lesbian lover. She came out as a lesbian mind you, NOT bisexual.
Anywho, it turns out this lesbian has been married to three different men over the years and gave birth to 5 children among those different husbands. But she was born gay right? COME ON!
It's not about the label, we just choose to accept the labels that folks place on themselves, because it would be too invasive and expensive to test everyone's orientation.

However, why would you take an example of a "late-bloomer" as proof that no one is born with a set orientation? That's not logical.

I have worked with "late-bloomers", and if you want to understand how and why it happens, just ask honestly. Though never married, I was one myself. But using any one person's life story as proof that a million others are lying to you is never rational.

North Hollywood, CA

#18049 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit it was a master con turning homosexuality into a civil rights issue, but people are beginning to see through this scam. Part of your problem is your filthy and degenerate "pride" parades They show what you people truly are and what they show is as ugly as it gets.
You people are a menace to society. You break-up families and promote disease wherever you go.
BFD about the pride parades. Don't like 'em? Quit spending 27 hours a day looking for pictures of them.

Your hotel business failed because you are an utter moron, not because of a gay conspiracy. Even the smartest people can fail at a business, but they learn what really went wrong,instead of fixation on a group of people they imagine is behind their failure. The keyword here is "learn".
I'd suggest you get mental help, but you are so vile, I'm glad you are suffering. I'd tell you to man up and take responsibility for your failure, but I know you are a spineless coward. LOLSER!

North Hollywood, CA

#18050 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
All anyone who wants to know the difference between pride and Mardi Gras parade need do is google them both. But, even if they were identical, how does that mitigate the filth and degeneracy seen in "pride" parades?
I'm sure both people on earth who actually care have already done that.
(Writing to gary, and the number I have to type to post is "5150". Coincidence?)
Pierre

France

#18051 Jan 9, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay is not the same thing as sterile, stupid.
Sexual orientation is like handedness. Just because you are right handed, it doesn't mean you can't use you left hand at all...
I'm right handed and I like women. I can use my left hand but I am better with and prefer my right for most things.

Now if you are asserting that I can also sometimes stick my d!ck in some man's ass YOU'RE INSANE! THAT That will NEVER happen.
Pierre

France

#18052 Jan 9, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a movie once where this chick kept flip-flopping back and forth from men to women. This guy asked her - "I thought you gays were born gay?" She said "That's for men - for women it's a choice".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#18053 Jan 9, 2014
Pierre wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm right handed and I like women. I can use my left hand but I am better with and prefer my right for most things.
Now if you are asserting that I can also sometimes stick my d!ck in some man's ass YOU'RE INSANE! THAT That will NEVER happen.
Do you realize that YOU are the one who has anal sex on your mind? The post you are responding to did not mention it.

North Hollywood, CA

#18054 Jan 9, 2014
Earl wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe she was, but felt pressured to hide that fact, even to the point of getting married and having kids. People can have sex with people they aren't attracted to. Think hookers are turned on by all of their Johns? I'm guessing they aren't, and are more likely to fell contempt for them.

North Hollywood, CA

#18056 Jan 9, 2014
Lamar wrote:
<quoted text>
So suppose that 40 years ago society was accepting of homosexuals like now. Do you think she would never have fallen in love, gotten married and had those five children. Do you think she regrets having her five children and wishes she cold have "come out" back then and never had those children who love her as their dear mother? Would she have been happier as a lesbian with no children. What do you think her children think about that? What if Mommy said youknow kids, if I could go back in time I would have married Doris over here and been happy and never have given birth to you!
What if up had been down? Would she have needed a bra? Forty years ago, society was not as accepting as homosexuality as it is now. And what happened happend.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#18057 Jan 9, 2014
Here are those photos of gay guys again. Missing are the "before" photos when they were straight. We're supposed to look at these photos and see some kind of perverted beauty instead of the wrecked human beings we immediately see.

Liberals, this is how your sons will turn out if you continue to let the LGBT con you:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/07/nir-...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#18058 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Liberals, this is how your sons will turn out if you continue to let the LGBT con you:
You mean, intelligent, photogenic, and tolerant of others?

Why do you hate equality under the law, mom, apple pie, and the US Constitution, Gary?

North Hollywood, CA

#18059 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Here are those photos of gay guys again. Missing are the "before" photos when they were straight. We're supposed to look at these photos and see some kind of perverted beauty instead of the wrecked human beings we immediately see.
Spend a lot of time googling images of "photos men beauty"?

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#18060 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
Where in the article does it STATE that the men are Gay? From what I read at the end it say this:
portraits of male muses and dizzying depictions of dancers in motion.

You are the one that claims these are pictures of Gay men, but how do you know this?

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#18061 Jan 9, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Spend a lot of time googling images of "photos men beauty"?
Gary seems to think about little else than anything homosexual.

Would that momma would only accept him as he is, maybe he could cease being a troll?

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#18062 Jan 9, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the article does it STATE that the men are Gay? From what I read at the end it say this:
portraits of male muses and dizzying depictions of dancers in motion.
You are the one that claims these are pictures of Gay men, but how do you know this?
Good point. I mean, for all we know those guys we see in penis suits and erect penis hats in your pride parades could be straight too. And how about those boys in bottom-less chaps being led down the street on dog leashes by their "tops"?

They could be straight too, right, you jackass?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RULING IN JUNE”

Since: Aug 08

WILL FUEL PRIDE WEEK :-)

#18063 Jan 9, 2014
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Good point. I mean, for all we know those guys we see in penis suits and erect penis hats in your pride parades could be straight too. And how about those boys in bottom-less chaps being led down the street on dog leashes by their "tops"?
They could be straight too, right, you jackass?
They could be, but that's NOT the point......the point is that you CLAIMED the men in this article were GAY and there is NOTHING that indicates that.......and frankly, ONLY you seem interested in what folks do in a Pride Parade.......I certainly don't as I DON'T attend them!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Learn to Read 187,892
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Earthling-1 53,064
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 4 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 158
New psychological research 21 hr SYS 1
News New California parole team targets sex offenders (Nov '10) Mon Sgt Kronk 19
News Robert Kennedy, Jr. is right about vaccines: A ... Mon VACCINES MAIM KILL 11
Need Urgent Financial assistance or Loan? Conta... (Jun '13) Mon Ali Ahmed 10
More from around the web