Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60849 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15276 Dec 21, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You are gloating in the middle of another Chick-fil-a moment???
Oh they have a manipulated piece of paper, but they should be charged with false advertising. Even YOU can tell the difference between ss couples and marriage.
Smile.
Yes, I'm gloating that you couldn't refute anything I posted as usual.

Same-sex couples ARE getting married on the exact same "manipulated" piece of paper as opposite sex couples.

I can't tell the difference between a married & unmarried couple unless they're wearing wedding rings. Doesn't matter if they're same or opposite sex couples.

Your jibber-jabber is as irrelevant as ever, but it IS fun to point that out to you because you obviously don't know it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#15277 Dec 21, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as the gay marriage is of the opposite sex, I agree.
What you agree to is obviously irrelevant, which is why the Utah judge overturned the ban on same-sex couples marrying in spite of your disagreement.

Hopefully you anti-gays will never realize how totally ineffective your standard arguments of tradition & procreation & child rearing & the slippery slope really are.

There IS one effective argument for banning same-sex couples from marrying, but not a single anti-gay has presented it in court yet.

Tawas City, Michigan

#15278 Dec 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Phil Robertson is the patriarch of America's favorite cable TV show. He gave an interview to GQ magazine and answered the question, "What, in your mind, is sinful?" His employer, A&E locked him out for his protected speech to the press about his religious beliefs.
Phil didn't say anything most of us don't agree with, nothing the Pope hasn't said before. He listed homosexual behavior and other sins, quoting the bible. I personally don't agree with him, I've always written there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality. But that doesn't mean I won't protect Phil's freedom to speak without fear of losing his job.
I don't blame Phil, I blame A&E, GLAAD and the media for trying to bully political and religious opponents for speaking out about our values.
If you don't want employers locking out employees for their religious beliefs; keep marriage one man and one woman.
Actually it was his comments about blacks which got him shitcanned.

Tawas City, Michigan

#15279 Dec 21, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I get your point now.
If you call me a homophobe I can demand your boss fire you.
That the way it works?
Yes, you can demand it all you want.

Let's see if you have any clout.
Truth Hurts

Stafford, VA

#15280 Dec 21, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
<quoted text>So no one should be fired for what they say???

You mean if a boss hears an employee slaming him calling him names and saying his wife is a slu* that employee should not be fired?

Oh and if an agent for FBI tells a China agent secrets he should not be fired?

And a man should be able to walk into a bank and yell I have a bomb without even being arrested?

FREE SPEECH IS FINE....WE DO HAVE TO STAND BY OUR WORDS THOUGH IDIOT...

What Phil said was bigoted hate speech. Now he has to stand by it.
You're the fking lDlOT. Phil wasn't calling anyone names nor did he put anyone in danger. He was talking in general about his beliefs. Was you born stupid or do you work on it daily?
Truth Hurts

Stafford, VA

#15281 Dec 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Not really sure what point you are trying to make....yes, we do subsidize genetic weaknesses in the hope of a cure. BUT to compare epilepsy and being gay is insulting and bigoted. Maybe that's why you get ignored on here. AND to state that I'm riding on mob psychology is asinine, all you have to do it read this topix thread for proof. Look I'm not asking for much, just the same basic rights that you have, to be able to marry the person of my choice regardless of gender. It's really not that hard to comprehend and it has nothing to do with you. Go, re-populate the species, idolize your women whatever, my marriage will not keep you from doing so.
Being gay is a mental illness and, by rights should be treated as such. Reminds me of the sci-fi show where aliens invaded the earth and while mostly looking like us, over time, got their people in positions to pass laws and to get things done the way they want. THAT'S THE GAY AGENDA.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#15282 Dec 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
No, actually the First Amendment protects your speac[sic]h from the government, not the rest of the population,
True, but if it's wrong for the government to shut down free speech and the freedom to exercise your religion, why isn't it wrong for a corporation or group to shut down free speech?

Quest wrote:
or your employer.
You mean employers may censor speech wherever they choose?

Quest wrote:
Just try to give an interview to a local paper, and comment that the customers at your place of business are are no better than people who have sex with animals, and see how far it takes you.
I doubt many homosexuals or bestialists are Duck Dynasty fans. If so, that's there problem, not mine. Phil Robertson said nothing about the customers of his place of business or you, he spoke about the religious notion of sin.
The left wants to shut down debate; that's why same sex marriage is evil.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#15283 Dec 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can demand it all you want.
Let's see if you have any clout.
Gary, like KiMerde, is an impotent troll. They both know it...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#15284 Dec 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
No, Dear, he said that being born with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender - certainly not a sin - was the same as having sex with animals.
No, he said nothing about "being born with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender", is that a disability? If not, what is?

Quest wrote:
If that's not an attack, I don't know what is.
Phil spoke about licentious sexual behavior, he said: "It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Quest wrote:
II'm not saying the man is evil or malicious - he's just ignorant.
I don't believe that, he just believes differently from you and I.

Quest wrote:
IBut that sort of ignorance is harmful to the kids who watch the show and respect this man.
How so? Please provide a quote or citation. I see his expression of religious views as glorious freedom and his indefinite suspension as oppression, where do we disagree?

Quest wrote:
When you do ignorant things in public that harm others, then society needs to speak out.
Here we agree, keeping our freedom to speak and worship is primary. Thanks for helping reinforce this view.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#15285 Dec 21, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
Her said gay was wrong.,..
No, he said same sex behavior is sin, he didn't mention gays at all.

cancer suxs wrote:
.That is an attack.
No, it's a falsehood, defamation.

cancer suxs wrote:
Phil used a stone age cult myth as reason for his hate and bigotry
The only hate and bigotry comes from the left, calling for employer punishment of free speech and religion.

cancer suxs wrote:
...BELIEF IS NO REASON FOR HATE OR BIGOTRY.
Here we agree, if you are a same sex marriage supporter it isn't right to insult political opponents or call them bigots and haters. You have to quote them, and give examples.

cancer suxs wrote:
Anyway you Nazi pukes are losing and since your old you will be dead soon and then EQUALITY will be law.
Like when they compare us to Nazis like in the quote above.

cancer suxs wrote:
..I am off to family Christmas party...back later to smack you around some more there ADOLPH.
Have fun, see you around.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15286 Dec 21, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the fking lDlOT. Phil wasn't calling anyone names nor did he put anyone in danger. He was talking in general about his beliefs. Was you born stupid or do you work on it daily?
Right...Go on national TV and compare homosexuality to bestiality and promote his religion. Then use the defense -'I'm not promoting hate, bigotry and violence against a group of people, I'm speaking for 'God'..Something is definitely wrong with that picture...Where's a good lion when you need one? Much more entertaining...
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15287 Dec 21, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is a mental illness and, by rights should be treated as such. Reminds me of the sci-fi show where aliens invaded the earth and while mostly looking like us, over time, got their people in positions to pass laws and to get things done the way they want. THAT'S THE GAY AGENDA.
Your opinion princess, an ignorant and bigoted one at that. Glad the APA doesn't agree with you. BTW, You watch way too much TV, or maybe not enough..NEXT
Truth matters

Thornhill, Canada

#15288 Dec 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
First climb out of your moral bankruptcy. And start using your common sense.
Truth matters

Thornhill, Canada

#15289 Dec 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion princess, an ignorant and bigoted one at that. Glad the APA doesn't agree with you. BTW, You watch way too much TV, or maybe not enough..NEXT
Trust me it is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such. Who is GLAD, they are bigots.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15290 Dec 21, 2013
Truth matters wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me it is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such. Who is GLAD, they are bigots.
I wouldn't trust you with anything. Go look in the mirror and say ' mental illness'....

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15291 Dec 21, 2013
Lessons from the Phil Robertson Firing

As I understand it, Robertonson's great crime was saying the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.

Did I miss anything or is that all he said?
proalgib

New Kensington, PA

#15292 Dec 21, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……Poop deep on this thread-anals smell

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#15293 Dec 21, 2013
proalgib wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=GNw6oSC-__ U ……Poop deep on this thread-anals smell
I don't have the time or bandwidth, do you have a text transcript?

Tawas City, Michigan

#15294 Dec 21, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
Lessons from the Phil Robertson Firing
As I understand it, Robertonson's great crime was saying the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.
Did I miss anything or is that all he said?
Yeah, you missed his claims that blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.

Bigots tend to hate against all minorities; no doubt he's anti-Semitic as well, that just hasn't come out yet.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15295 Dec 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you missed his claims that blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.
Bigots tend to hate against all minorities; no doubt he's anti-Semitic as well, that just hasn't come out yet.
Blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.

Stop trying to play Al Sharpton. No reason to drag Jim Crow into the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min IBdaMann 54,536
Best Mortgage Company 1 hr Chrisrock12 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Deeper than Truth 201,863
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Joe Balls 196,919
News Cigarette tax: California voters overwhelmingly... 9 hr Anither day Anoth... 1
Mexico will reconquer California, Arizona and t... (May '12) 15 hr Armenian 35
IT IS TIME To BUILD A WALL To KEEP OUT The CANA... 15 hr Armenian 2
More from around the web