Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#15282 Dec 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
No, actually the First Amendment protects your speac[sic]h from the government, not the rest of the population,
True, but if it's wrong for the government to shut down free speech and the freedom to exercise your religion, why isn't it wrong for a corporation or group to shut down free speech?

Quest wrote:
or your employer.
You mean employers may censor speech wherever they choose?

Quest wrote:
Just try to give an interview to a local paper, and comment that the customers at your place of business are are no better than people who have sex with animals, and see how far it takes you.
I doubt many homosexuals or bestialists are Duck Dynasty fans. If so, that's there problem, not mine. Phil Robertson said nothing about the customers of his place of business or you, he spoke about the religious notion of sin.
The left wants to shut down debate; that's why same sex marriage is evil.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#15283 Dec 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can demand it all you want.
Let's see if you have any clout.
Gary, like KiMerde, is an impotent troll. They both know it...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#15284 Dec 21, 2013
Quest wrote:
No, Dear, he said that being born with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender - certainly not a sin - was the same as having sex with animals.
No, he said nothing about "being born with only the ability to be attracted to the same gender", is that a disability? If not, what is?

Quest wrote:
If that's not an attack, I don't know what is.
Phil spoke about licentious sexual behavior, he said: "It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

Quest wrote:
II'm not saying the man is evil or malicious - he's just ignorant.
I don't believe that, he just believes differently from you and I.

Quest wrote:
IBut that sort of ignorance is harmful to the kids who watch the show and respect this man.
How so? Please provide a quote or citation. I see his expression of religious views as glorious freedom and his indefinite suspension as oppression, where do we disagree?

Quest wrote:
When you do ignorant things in public that harm others, then society needs to speak out.
Here we agree, keeping our freedom to speak and worship is primary. Thanks for helping reinforce this view.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#15285 Dec 21, 2013
cancer suxs wrote:
Her said gay was wrong.,..
No, he said same sex behavior is sin, he didn't mention gays at all.

cancer suxs wrote:
.That is an attack.
No, it's a falsehood, defamation.

cancer suxs wrote:
Phil used a stone age cult myth as reason for his hate and bigotry
The only hate and bigotry comes from the left, calling for employer punishment of free speech and religion.

cancer suxs wrote:
...BELIEF IS NO REASON FOR HATE OR BIGOTRY.
Here we agree, if you are a same sex marriage supporter it isn't right to insult political opponents or call them bigots and haters. You have to quote them, and give examples.

cancer suxs wrote:
Anyway you Nazi pukes are losing and since your old you will be dead soon and then EQUALITY will be law.
Like when they compare us to Nazis like in the quote above.

cancer suxs wrote:
..I am off to family Christmas party...back later to smack you around some more there ADOLPH.
Have fun, see you around.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15286 Dec 21, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the fking lDlOT. Phil wasn't calling anyone names nor did he put anyone in danger. He was talking in general about his beliefs. Was you born stupid or do you work on it daily?
Right...Go on national TV and compare homosexuality to bestiality and promote his religion. Then use the defense -'I'm not promoting hate, bigotry and violence against a group of people, I'm speaking for 'God'..Something is definitely wrong with that picture...Where's a good lion when you need one? Much more entertaining...
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15287 Dec 21, 2013
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Being gay is a mental illness and, by rights should be treated as such. Reminds me of the sci-fi show where aliens invaded the earth and while mostly looking like us, over time, got their people in positions to pass laws and to get things done the way they want. THAT'S THE GAY AGENDA.
Your opinion princess, an ignorant and bigoted one at that. Glad the APA doesn't agree with you. BTW, You watch way too much TV, or maybe not enough..NEXT
Truth matters

Thornhill, Canada

#15288 Dec 21, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
First climb out of your moral bankruptcy. And start using your common sense.
Truth matters

Thornhill, Canada

#15289 Dec 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion princess, an ignorant and bigoted one at that. Glad the APA doesn't agree with you. BTW, You watch way too much TV, or maybe not enough..NEXT
Trust me it is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such. Who is GLAD, they are bigots.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#15290 Dec 21, 2013
Truth matters wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me it is a mental illness and needs to be treated as such. Who is GLAD, they are bigots.
I wouldn't trust you with anything. Go look in the mirror and say ' mental illness'....

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#15291 Dec 21, 2013
Lessons from the Phil Robertson Firing

As I understand it, Robertonson's great crime was saying the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.

Did I miss anything or is that all he said?
proalgib

Pittsburgh, PA

#15292 Dec 21, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……Poop deep on this thread-anals smell

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#15293 Dec 21, 2013
proalgib wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=GNw6oSC-__ U ……Poop deep on this thread-anals smell
I don't have the time or bandwidth, do you have a text transcript?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15294 Dec 21, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
As I understand it, Robertonson's great crime was saying the Bible says homosexuality is a sin.
Yeah, you missed his claims that blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.

Bigots tend to hate against all minorities; no doubt he's anti-Semitic as well, that just hasn't come out yet.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#15295 Dec 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you missed his claims that blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.
Bigots tend to hate against all minorities; no doubt he's anti-Semitic as well, that just hasn't come out yet.
Blacks were happier under Jim Crow laws.

Stop trying to play Al Sharpton. No reason to drag Jim Crow into the discussion.
Mills

Chicago, IL

#15297 Dec 21, 2013
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Right...Go on national TV and compare homosexuality to bestiality and promote his religion. Then use the defense -'I'm not promoting hate, bigotry and violence against a group of people, I'm speaking for 'God'..Something is definitely wrong with that picture...Where's a good lion when you need one? Much more entertaining...
Phil is right:

Every sodomy law outlaws homosexual and animal abuse, including the law against homosexuals still in effect for all of our military.

2 birds with 1 stone.

Why, sodomy and bestiality go hand in hand like Siegfried, Roy, and the tiger that ate them after one too many nights of playing Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

garylloyd

Location hidden

#15299 Dec 21, 2013
A good analogy is the drowning man grasping for anything that will keep him afloat. At the onset of gay liberation 40 years gays absolutely didn't want marriage or monogamy. The felt both were the antithesis to being homosexual. But 40 years after screwing themselves blue in the face they're finally willing to admit the gay lifestyle is killing them and anything -- even marriage and monogamy!-- must be better.

The problem is, marriage is worse. The "top-bottom" roles help, but two men married together are still two men married together -- top-bottom role-playing only takes them so far before both get fed up with each other.

On paper, same-sex marriage is nice; in practice, its misery personified.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#15300 Dec 21, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
A good analogy is the drowning man grasping for anything that will keep him afloat. At the onset of gay liberation 40 years gays absolutely didn't want marriage or monogamy. The felt both were the antithesis to being homosexual. But 40 years after screwing themselves blue in the face they're finally willing to admit the gay lifestyle is killing them and anything -- even marriage and monogamy!-- must be better.
The problem is, marriage is worse. The "top-bottom" roles help, but two men married together are still two men married together -- top-bottom role-playing only takes them so far before both get fed up with each other.
On paper, same-sex marriage is nice; in practice, its misery personified.
You just keep sh1tting verbal diarrhea. I shouldn't wonder; you're completely full of it.

Your obsession with the lives of others is completely irrational.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#15303 Dec 21, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
And now we have a woman losing her job because she tweeted "hope I don't get AIDS" (She was going to Africa.)
Africa... a legitimate concern.
Vernon

Drøbak, Norway

#15304 Dec 21, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
He also said that he found women more sexually attractive than men.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#15305 Dec 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>That's what free speech means, being able to describe your religious faith the the press without fear of suspension, being locked out by your employer. It also depends on what you say, Phil was answering a question from the press about sin and he quoted and paraphrased the bible.
<quoted text>Phil spoke about the nature of homosexuality and sin, he didn't name people or call them names. He spoke of the sin of homosexual behavior, adultery, bestiality and flagrant sexual conduct, not about A&E or its audience.
When we complain of defamation, they always say truth is a defense. Phil said nothing the bible and the Pope hasn't said in the past.
<quoted text>There are laws against treason; that's not a free speech issue. There was no treason in Phil's words or deeds, he's loved by the biggest audience in cable TV history.
<quoted text>Again, public safety laws and modern thought with the benefits from millenniums spent in philosophical, religious and legal reasoning has settled the "shouting fire" and theater issue. Phil made no threats, advocated no hate and explained his core principle for loving his neighbor.
<quoted text>Free political, philosophical, scientific and religious speech is our primary right, without it all our other rights fall away. Free speech is our single most valuable right and locking out an employee for religious statements that are contrary to the corporate line is harmful to civil discourse.
If you have no job, you might find difficulty feeding your family then how can you be expected to keep up civil discourse? Freedom means the right to disagree without jeopardizing your livelihood and income.
<quoted text>Give a quote, most Americans and the Pope agree with Phil Robertson's biblical interpretation of sin. He didn't call all gays, sinners, but he did speak of sin in context with homosexuality and other sexual preferences. There was no hate against any person or group, as differs from Bashir's vile verbal assault on Sarah Palin. Provide a quote if you disagree, prove the hate isn't from interpretation.
Phil has stood by his words and added:
"I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."
I stand by my defense of Phil, do you still stand behind your hate for our religious and speech freedom?
Great response!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr loose cannon 242,622
News We'll all pay price for California's tunnel vis... 8 hr SolarmanSucks 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
Is Rioatmdevices Legit??? (Jan '17) Fri Matthew 5
News Californiaa s anti-Trump `resistancea bills: Wh... Thu Thank You Doctor 19
News California Attorney General: Constitution, Rule... Sep 20 Wildchild 2
News CommuniCare reports its at risk of losing feder... Sep 20 Concave 4
More from around the web