Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13376 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfectly good marriage equality forum. Perhaps if you would get on topic and tell us why polygamy shouldn't be allowed instead of just reciting dumb schoolyard ad hominem it would be a much better marriage equality forum.
But you prefer to troll. And hurl dopey insults.
"Polygamy shouldn't be allowed because Frankie really doesn't think it should be allowed, he's lying." Priceless.
GET AN ARGUMENT.
Obviously our argument is working just fine, since we've gained 8 more states and 4 more countries, all the while keeping polygamy & incest illegal in all 50 states.

Yep, our argument is just fine.

Your's apparently needs some tweaking if you ever hope to legalize incest & polygamy.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#13377 Dec 10, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really into those things!
<quoted text>
LOL. You just post your fantasies.
You like 'em young, huh?
Anyone keeping count of the amount of times this idiot keeps using the same old lines? I mean, the woman claims to have a graduate degree in something (although nobody can imagine what) yet can't seem to post anything but the same lame lines comment after comment.

Say, Rose, you need to file a suit against that place that gave you your bullshit graduate degree (in God knows what). Graduate students are supposed to sound like graduate students not high school dropouts.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tawas City, Michigan

#13378 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Gay and Lesbians, you are now considered the "norm" and have equal protection under the law./
Actually we DON'T currently have equal protection under the law, otherwise we'd be able to marry in all 50 states, and have our marriages recognized by all 50 states. We also wouldn't be able to be fired or be denied service at a business just for being gay,.

So while we are making solid progress, we've got a ways to go yet before we have full equal protection under the law.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13379 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you have it...
We were talking about men in penis suits and this fellow -- Dusty Mangina -- thinks they should be allowed to teach school. The point here is this is the mentality we'll soon have in every classroom in America if the insanity continues. It's the direction these people are taking -- "There's not a single thing wrong with a man in a penis suit marching down Main Street."
Say, Dusty, how about the guy in bottomless chaps who let's his "top" lead him down Main Street on a dog leash?
Would you let him teach school too?
If the woman with her boobs hanging out during Mardi Gras can teach school, then why not?

Free speech is a constitutional right.

So you're anti-American as well as anti-gay.

garylloyd

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#13380 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
If the woman with her boobs hanging out during Mardi Gras can teach school, then why not?
Well, that's just it, isn't it, Einstein?

Women who flash their boobs are not teaching school -- if we find out, they're out the door.

Are you saying that should be the same policy for men who wear penis suits in your gay pride parade, or are you just giving yet another unsolicited public masturbation exhibition?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13381 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Still unproven.
Still 100% irrelevant to marriage equality.
It has been proven. Prove me wrong.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13382 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Still 100% irrelevant to marriage equality.
When someone lies, I call them on it. It's relevant to point out someone is a liar. So you don't trust what they say is truth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13383 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Equal protection of the law only applies to those similarly situated.
Polygamous groups aren't similarly situated to couples; therefore equal protection of marriage laws for couples doesn't apply.
My brothers and sisters are opposed to polygamy & incest.
Your brothers and sisters suck for air.

Equal protection applies to everyone. That's what equal means dummy. Everyone gets it. Even people you hate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13384 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously our argument is working just fine, since we've gained 8 more states and 4 more countries, all the while keeping polygamy & incest illegal in all 50 states.
Yep, our argument is just fine.
Your's apparently needs some tweaking if you ever hope to legalize incest & polygamy.
Your argument against polygamy is what I'm talking about dummy. You don't have one except appleas to tradition and some silly nonsense about arithmetic.

You're gonna have to trust I really support SSM. Or else your part in this conversation is idiotic.

Please remember! I support marriage equality and you do not.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13385 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the logic.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13386 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Polygamous groups aren't similarly situated to couples; therefore equal protection of marriage laws for couples doesn't apply.
Too funny! "therefore equal protection doesn't apply" Priceless.

Walk me through this Flash OK? We all have the right to equal protection except when it doesn't apply?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13387 Dec 10, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Pumpkin,
What, onion?

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#13388 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
You often bring up Mardi Gras as an example, you must think it's a straight only event. How many women have their "boobs hanging out" in a classroom? If a gay wants to teach school, that's fine, as long as they leave their gay activist BS at home.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13389 Dec 10, 2013
garylloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's just it, isn't it, Einstein?
Women who flash their boobs are not teaching school -- if we find out, they're out the door.
Are you saying that should be the same policy for men who wear penis suits in your gay pride parade, or are you just giving yet another unsolicited public masturbation exhibition?
Okay, you can fire every teacher you find out wore a giant penis suit in a gay pride parade.

Go for it.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13390 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been proven. Prove me wrong.
No, it hasn't.

Either way it's still 100% irrelevant to marriage for same-sex couples.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13391 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone lies, I call them on it. It's relevant to point out someone is a liar. So you don't trust what they say is truth.
Which is precisely why no one on here believes you actually support polygamy & incest.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#13392 Dec 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you can fire every teacher you find out wore a giant penis suit in a gay pride parade.
Go for it.
Now you're making some sense. Very good!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#13393 Dec 10, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I very much doubt it, as you don't seem to have one.
<quoted text>
KiMare, you regularly assert matters of faith into a discussion of civil law. You may believe what you like, that has no bearing whatsoever on legal rights or protection.
<quoted text>
There isn't, just as there isn't a legal protection to procreate. Procreation is utterly irrelevant to the legal rights and protections of marriage. Were you not an idiot, you would understand that.
<quoted text>
Once again, procreation is utterly irrelevant to the legal protections of marriage.
<quoted text>
You are correct, this is reaffirmed when you make stupid assertions like that procreation is any way related to the legal protections of marriage.
<quoted text>
Aww, everyone look at the smug smirking imbecile, who doesn't realize they just publicly made a fool of themselves. Aren't they adorable?
It has the leg of natural procreation to stand on. That can’t be eradicated. Marriage laws at their core exist to tie men to responsibility to their children. A gay person cannot be put in this position. He/she cannot abandon his/her offspring that were naturally created with a same sex partner. Marriage is about responsibility, not privilege. Each party has a duty to the other. Traditionally the man had the responsibility to provide and protect and women had to be faithful and nurture. The laws were designed to support the natural order. Homosexual relations cannot be part of this natural order because they do not give life and do not need protection the same way that life giving relations do.

"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

Why is deceit and denial endemic in homosexuals?

Tawas City, Michigan

#13394 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your brothers and sisters suck for air.
Equal protection applies to everyone. That's what equal means dummy. Everyone gets it. Even people you hate.
So a 6 y/o child has the right to vote??

And marry?

And buy a house?

And drive a car?

Similarly situated- learn what it means.

Btw, nice personal attack on my siblings. I'm sure that's going to convince then you support your polygamy & incest goals.

Tawas City, Michigan

#13395 Dec 10, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're making some sense. Very good!
I doubt Garylloyd employs many teachers, much less any that appeared in a giant penis suit during a gay pride parade.

So I'm not really worried he's in a position to fire any. Not to mention the teacher would have a good free speech lawsuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Patriot AKA Bozo 64,155
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr loose cannon 243,009
News California business leaders call on Congress to... 18 hr tomin cali 1
News Judge rules Trump's sanctuary city order uncons... Nov 21 Solarman 1
News Watch these bizarre flies dive underwater using... Nov 21 Faith 5
News Charles Manson, whose cult slayings horrified w... Nov 20 Conspiracies Abound 3
News Cult leader Charles Manson dead Nov 20 CM Was Rat Filth 1
More from around the web