Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12774 Dec 7, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. I graduated with a MS.
You didn't.
You are a total failure.
Your hotel failed because you are too stupid to be able to run a business.
It's that simple.
Businesses do fail for other reasons, but that's why yours failed.
And you have no character, so you blame gay men for your failure. All gay men.
I'd give you more details about my family, but you might try to hunt me down. But know, I'm laughing at you, and how wrong you are.
MS in what? Simple question. This should be good.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#12775 Dec 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
The system was also set up to join a man and woman as husband and wife, but some states have rejected conjugality. So why not jettison monogamy too?
Because no harm comes from 2 men marrying or 2 women marrying.

But there is a LONG history of harm to women & children inherent in polygamous "families".
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12776 Dec 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't.
I was pointing out polygamy is/was illegal, but being married to some one of the same sex has never been illegal.
Not been illegal but you couldn't do it. Effectively the same thing.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12777 Dec 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, I support polygamy remaining illegal because of the LONG history of abuse of women & children inherent in polygamous "families".
Until there are some significant changes made to address that, I will be unable to support decriminalizing polygamy.
Legalizing polygamy and bringing it out of the shadows will reduce crimes associated with it. Really. Supporting it's illegality fosters crime.

Tawas City, Michigan

#12778 Dec 7, 2013
GodSmacked wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant analogy kudos to you, Dear.
Thanks.

I've been in this rodeo numerous times before and have encountered every stupid argument the anti-gays have come up with.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12779 Dec 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not. Polygamy is illegal because of the LONG history of proven harm to women & children inherent in polygamous "families".
Ditto for incest.
Legalizing polygamy and bringing it out of the shadows will reduce crimes associated with it. Really. Supporting it's illegality fosters crime.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12780 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Please explain how the marriage of three consenting adult men is a crime against women and children. We won't wait.
Frankie, it appears that you wish to continue to reiterate that you are an idiot.

You've already admitted that three is greater than two. The argument you are making is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Would you care to offer an argument that doesn't
make you look like an idiot?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12781 Dec 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I think we'll just keep polygamy AND incest illegal and not worry about it.
That's what they said about SSM. You are now they.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#12782 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Effectively the same thing.
If one is an idiot.

Hey Frankie, have you grown up enough to offer a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex individuals from marrying, or are you still in your childish phase of arguing irrelevant drivel?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12783 Dec 7, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because no harm comes from 2 men marrying or 2 women marrying.
But there is a LONG history of harm to women & children inherent in polygamous "families".
No harm comes from three men marrying either.

“The Topix Legend of "GS8"!”

Since: Sep 10

United States, North America

#12784 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to take it to court. I simply want to discuss marriage equality on this marriage equality forum without your fear, insults and attempts to censor me.
"without your fear, insults and attempts to censor me" please expand how I am doing this in anyway? You need to take it to court if you truly want it to change because it truly has nothing to do with SSM at all.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It will have to adapt or we won't have true freedom. Your choice. I say we adjust and allow good people marriage. Marriage is good for society. ALL marriage. Even ones you hate.
If you have such an issue with it, please, by all means, file a claim with the courts. I personally don't hate anything concerning polygamy and I am simple pointing out the facts about how it is viewed by the law and courts in the United States of America.
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "it would be expensive" argument against someone elses marriage is not valid. Neither is the "it would be too complicated" argument Sorry!
Yes the expense to changing the current marriage system in the United States of American is certainly a valid point because the system has for over 150 years be setup to accommodate one person marrying one person. Look no further than social security. Most polygamists receive tens of thousands in federal and state welfare and I am certain they have no desire to give that up.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12785 Dec 7, 2013
Gay and Lesbians, you are now considered the "norm" and have equal protection under the law. How about helping your brothers and sisters who are seeking the same, instead of mocking them? This could be part of your lasting legacy of liberation of institutional bigotry.

http://www.chicagonow.com/rare-chicago/2013/0...

Tawas City, Michigan

#12786 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason I expect you're talking about consenting adults when you talk of SSM. It's a simple concept really. You are trying to use crime as an argument against good peoples marriages.
In my book "good people" don't commit crimes.

#12787 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what they said about SSM. You are now they.
And what did SSM do? They filed a claim with the courts and had the law overturned.

#12788 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No harm comes from three men marrying either.
Depends on what it does to Social Security, Medicare and other state and federal benefit programs that are specifically setup as one person marrying one person.

Tawas City, Michigan

#12789 Dec 7, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
A man and a woman are not interchangeable androgynous beings either.
<quoted text>
But not the same as. A man and a woman are, surprise, different. Different situations call for different solutions. Distinctions, can, and are made.
Correct, but a man and a woman are legally equal in spite of their obvious differences and therefore entitled to equal protection of the law.

There is simply no way to make 3=2, or 4=2, or 5=2.

#12790 Dec 7, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie, it appears that you wish to continue to reiterate that you are an idiot.
You've already admitted that three is greater than two. The argument you are making is utterly irrelevant to the topic at hand.
Would you care to offer an argument that doesn't
make you look like an idiot?
I agree however keep in mind the idea is to make egregious posts that causes others to responded emotionally and is all part of Frankie's mentally deficient personality

Tawas City, Michigan

#12791 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell SCOTUS. Polygamy shouldn't be made legal because Frankie's an idiot.
The SCOTUS already knows, as does every lower court; that's why polygamy remains illegal in every state and federally as well.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#12792 Dec 7, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
If one is an idiot.
Hey Frankie, have you grown up enough to offer a compelling governmental interest served by denying same sex individuals from marrying, or are you still in your childish phase of arguing irrelevant drivel?
Why would I want to? There are none. Which is why I have always supported marriage equality.

You're stuck on the mistaken belief that my support for polygamy is some sort of trick against SSM. I can't help you with that. Maybe valium? Prozac? I dunno. There is probably help for your paranoia. But it doesn't concern me much. Good luck!

#12793 Dec 7, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Gay and Lesbians, you are now considered the "norm" and have equal protection under the law. How about helping your brothers and sisters who are seeking the same, instead of mocking them? This could be part of your lasting legacy of liberation of institutional bigotry.
http://www.chicagonow.com/rare-chicago/2013/0...
Like SSM these groups need to file a claim with the court system to have the law overturned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Buster Steinbeizer 216,721
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 60,093
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Barbi A 201,865
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 6 hr Joe Fortuna 1,333
News California can't hide police misconduct any more 6 hr Go Blue Forever 1
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... 12 hr White guilt 7
AT&T subscriber in california Sun Jam 1
More from around the web