Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
7,841 - 7,860 of 53,003 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So you can go to the E.R. and get cancer screenings & high blood pressure screenings & diabetes screening etc?
So you can go to the E.R. for your routine treatment and free medications to treat those conditions?
MORON!
People die because without affordable health insurance they have to wait until their condition becomes an emergency, and by then it's often too late to save them.
MORON!
Yes. You can do all of that. If the symptoms are there you'll be screened. Single moms bring their kids there because they can sleep at night or they have runny noses. All I know about your state is they don't recognize your marriage. Here in MA they put people on Medicaid. Fabulous insurance for little or no cost. Covers everything with no deductibles.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. You can do all of that. If the symptoms are there you'll be screened. Single moms bring their kids there because they can sleep at night or they have runny noses. All I know about your state is they don't recognize your marriage. Here in MA they put people on Medicaid. Fabulous insurance for little or no cost. Covers everything with no deductibles.
That's the problem, by the time you have symptoms from cancer or many other diseases it's often too late to save the person's life.

I don't need Michigan to recognize my marriage; it's irrelevant to my life as long as the federal govt recognizes it- which they do.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you anti-gays couldn't stop us from getting marriage equality in Illinois either!
Up next- Hawaii & New Mexico!!
Now go back to playing with your crusty musty dusty rusty mangina.
There is nothing ANYONE can do to equate ss couples to marriage!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing ANYONE can do to negate our marriages.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet we ARE getting married every day.

And our marriages are recognized in 16 state AND by the federal govt.

What you equate is irrelevant.

Oh btw, you lost Illinois and are about to lose Hawaii tonight as well.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't committed adultery or divorced as many times as you. So yes, Your marriage will never equate to mine.POS

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Girls,

Why the hissy fit if I'm not right on?

The very fact that anyone can see a ss 'marriage' is proof it is not marriage.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

KiMare wrote:
Girls,
Why the hissy fit if I'm not right on?
The very fact that anyone can see a ss 'marriage' is proof it is not marriage.
The very fact that anyone can see an opposite sex 'marriage' is proof it is not marriage....

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The very fact that anyone can see an opposite sex 'marriage' is proof it is not marriage....
Good comeback Potts.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Asking homosexuals to rewrite marriage law is like asking atheists to rewrite your religious services.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
The 19th Amendment is limited to the right to vote. It says nothing about gender equality.
Still trying to make that dog hunt, are you?

Brian, are you an idiot?

Does the 14th Amendment state that:
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

There is not need for an equal rights amendment, the 14th Amendment allready covers the issue, you twit.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Pietro Armando wrote:
Equal protection applies to the individual, not couples.
Can a person marry absent another individual?

Congratulations, Pietro, you've just made yourself look dumber. I didn't think it was possible for you to do so.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
Asking homosexuals to rewrite marriage law is like asking atheists to rewrite your religious services.
Asking for equality under the law is simply asking for what the constitution guarantees.

Have you come up with a way in which allowing same sex marriage infringes upon the rights of anyone who wouldn't enter into such a union, or are you still working on mastering walking and chewing gum at the same time?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
You silly thing - gay folks aren't "re-writing" marriage laws - straight folks did that when they created all of the laws that specifically targeted gay couples for discrimination.

And the majority of folks pushing for positive change are straight.

Can't you at least START with the facts?
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your choice to remain single.
Understood! You refuse to answer the question!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! It's your choice to be gay!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Get that bill introduced in Congress and all 50 state legislatures and I'll support it 100%.
In the meantime I'll continue to support marriage equality in every state.
And I won't! You don't seem to be interested in what is right, just personal ambition. I would not post here if raising the rabble was the formula. I'm only interested in getting things right.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
From what I've read from anonymous, I am not sure it is entirely a choice. I can't imagine they can get anyone interested in dinner, much less a lifelong relationship. Actually, drinks would probably be pushing it.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we have marriage equality in 15 states; that's 30% of the states, including 3 of the 5 most populous states with more than 1/3rd of all Americans living in a marriage equality state.
Hawaii will make #16 when they pass their bill today.
New Mexico will make #17 when their Supreme Court rules later this month.
Add AK, MT, ID, OR, NV, & AZ when the 9th circuit issues their ruling in early 2014.
That puts us to nearly 1/2 of all states.
But you're right, 1/2 is indeed a fraction.
Understood! It's a fraction now, and it will likely be one again because you don't present a legal argument, just a populist statistic that appeals to ignorant voters who just want to break things. Not interested in that battle.
Mikey

Chatsworth, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Judged:

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yes! It's your choice to be gay!
Not a choice.. You choose to be straight?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Bellweather 175,243
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,911
Thousands of Blue Sea Creatures Wash Up on Cali... 14 hr -Lea- 20
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 16 hr seekers 4,900
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 16 hr Pole swap 7,855
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 hr Orange Cove cow licker 200,366
California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 23 hr rain or snow to slow 15,928
•••
•••