Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60846 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8617 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove two things with your post.
First, gays don't give a rip about anything but themselves.
Second, you are an idiot
<quoted text>
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is why they are unconstitutional and should be removed.
How is a man peeing in the stall next to a woman going to "sacrifice the safety of our nation"?
A woman can pull the trigger just as easily as a man can.
Hardly. Your comments are so stupid, it is evidence you wouldn't be able to comprehend an answer, and no one else needs one.
Snicker.
Yep, you just admitted you couldn't answer the questions.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8618 Nov 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So men don't have to be civilized to one another, only to women?
Courtesy & custom aren't reasons to deny the right to marry to same-sex couples.
Yes, women should have to register for the draft.
I'm pro-family as well, which is why I support treating ALL families equal under the law, including those families headed by same-sex couples.
You're just not for equal treatment for those who have not chosen to start a family yet. You want to keep them from accumulating capital because you've taking on responsibilities and you envy those who would wait until they are ready for them.

Maybe you think you've done the right thing to procreate when you have. Maybe you just couldn't tie a knot in it! Maybe you're just another lying #%$#%$ who just wants gubbermint money for sharing your bedroom full time. But no matter the case, you are denying others the right to choose when they can afford a family by endorsing financial discrimination against the unmarried.

That is ALL that is going on here.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#8619 Nov 4, 2013
fr KiMare:

>Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so....<

My MARRIAGE to my WIFE is very real. Have your preschool teacher explain to you why the adults don't want you butting into the grownup's conversation.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8620 Nov 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So men don't have to be civilized to one another, only to women?
Courtesy & custom aren't reasons to deny the right to marry to same-sex couples.
Yes, women should have to register for the draft.
I'm pro-family as well, which is why I support treating ALL families equal under the law, including those families headed by same-sex couples.
Sounds good. Let's not forget plural marriage families.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8621 Nov 4, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
KiMare, arguments like this one are beyond juvenile.
Equating marriage, which is a protection of the law in every state in the union, with public restrooms that are segregated by gender, doesn't really prove much of anything. Except for, perhaps, that you have a dubious grasp of reality and reason.
Would you care to join the adults now?
It illustrates the point that the state can and make distinctions based on gender/sex.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8622 Nov 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, we might end up with equality!
Your fellow bigots claimed just as vociferously that race differences matter.
Two different characteristics.....but thanks for trying.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8623 Nov 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you have no clue what equal treatment under the law means.
Men are treated like men, and women like women.
Equal treatment doesn't mean women have to be forced to use urinals.
Nor be treated like men.
That probably explains why you bigots keep losing these lawsuits based on equal treatment.
"Bigots"?...this from a person who gets his panties in a bunch at the mention of the word "polygamy"

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#8624 Nov 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, you are an idiot
<quoted text>
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
How is a man peeing in the stall next to a woman going to "sacrifice the safety of our nation"?
Hardly. Your comments are so stupid, it is evidence you wouldn't be able to comprehend an answer, and no one else needs one.
Snicker.
It would appear that you didn't comprehend the question, ergo you are completely unable to answer (particularly in any fashion that would allow comprehension).
Your mental capacities diminish with each and every post.
It won't be long before the only thing you'll be able to do on Topix is drool.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8625 Nov 5, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr KiMare:
>Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so....<
My MARRIAGE to my WIFE is very real. Have your preschool teacher explain to you why the adults don't want you butting into the grownup's conversation.
Unless you are a man named Patty, you are not married.

Location hidden

#8626 Nov 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, you are an idiot
<quoted text>
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that you didn't comprehend the question, ergo you are completely unable to answer (particularly in any fashion that would allow comprehension).
Your mental capacities diminish with each and every post.
It won't be long before the only thing you'll be able to do on Topix is drool.
Good, I get dumb and dumber with one stone.

Normal people know that it is not just genders peeing that is a n issue, but sleeping and showering together that is a problem. And that says nothing about battlefield conditions.

Normal people know that it is not just pulling a trigger that women contend with men about. It is the physical and mental ability to contend with war that real men don't let women face.

You both prove your depraved idiocy over and over.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8628 Nov 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, you are an idiot
<quoted text>
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Snicker.
<quoted text>
Good, I get dumb and dumber with one stone.
Normal people know that it is not just genders peeing that is a n issue, but sleeping and showering together that is a problem. And that says nothing about battlefield conditions.
Normal people know that it is not just pulling a trigger that women contend with men about. It is the physical and mental ability to contend with war that real men don't let women face.
You both prove your depraved idiocy over and over.
Do us all a favor and STAY OUT of the debate. Nobody needs your stereotyping claims posted as scientific fact. It's hard enough to simply classify a percentage of the gay population as possessing a minor behavioral disorder without you crashing into the debate with lunacy that gays don't give a rip about anything but themselves.

First, NOBODY here seems to give a rip about anything but themselves. Second, if everything is so "obvious" then go ahead and tell us about the obvious, as in science obvious, not dumb-@ss Venus and Mars idiocy!

If you want to talk about sex in the military, you could talk about all the irresponsible tricks people pull to get out of doing their jobs, like shooting one's self in the foot to avoid combat. That would get a person dishonorably discharged or worse in days past. Nowadays, a person can get pregnant and BOOM!, selfish Christians think the world has to sacrifice a cow in the name of motherhood!

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!!!

Can I make things ANY MORE CLEAR? You CAN'T have it both ways!!! Just like gays can't have it both ways. Either accept civil unions that have no basis on sexuality or forget the whole goodie-two-shoes show! We don't have to support anyone's sexual habits and I certainly should not be paying for anyone's breeding!

IS IT PERFECTLY CLEAR YET??

Location hidden

#8629 Nov 5, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Do us all a favor and STAY OUT of the debate. Nobody needs your stereotyping claims posted as scientific fact. It's hard enough to simply classify a percentage of the gay population as possessing a minor behavioral disorder without you crashing into the debate with lunacy that gays don't give a rip about anything but themselves.
First, NOBODY here seems to give a rip about anything but themselves. Second, if everything is so "obvious" then go ahead and tell us about the obvious, as in science obvious, not dumb-@ss Venus and Mars idiocy!
If you want to talk about sex in the military, you could talk about all the irresponsible tricks people pull to get out of doing their jobs, like shooting one's self in the foot to avoid combat. That would get a person dishonorably discharged or worse in days past. Nowadays, a person can get pregnant and BOOM!, selfish Christians think the world has to sacrifice a cow in the name of motherhood!
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS!!!!!
Can I make things ANY MORE CLEAR? You CAN'T have it both ways!!! Just like gays can't have it both ways. Either accept civil unions that have no basis on sexuality or forget the whole goodie-two-shoes show! We don't have to support anyone's sexual habits and I certainly should not be paying for anyone's breeding!
The only thing perfectly clear is your condition.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8630 Nov 5, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Just like gays can't have it both ways. Either accept civil unions that have no basis on sexuality or forget the whole goodie-two-shoes show! We don't have to support anyone's sexual habits and I certainly should not be paying for anyone's breeding!
We'll do that when the rest of the country agrees to it. Promise. Until then, we'll go for equality under the law.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8631 Nov 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing perfectly clear is your condition.
The only thing perfectly clear is that you lie out your @ss for money. You're like a cheap hooker, or a lobbyist. Same difference.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8632 Nov 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll do that when the rest of the country agrees to it. Promise. Until then, we'll go for equality under the law.
Until then, I promise to have homosexuality defined as a medical condition, barring gays from active duty military service, and barring them from any kind of state protection other than as part of those with disabilities.

Really! No joking! I consider this equivalent to the temperance movement. People got their stupid on as if it's going to change the political landscape. They won't like that change. Putting it right will cost you much more in the long run.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8633 Nov 5, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you already have, as a woman, like any other woman "equality under the law".

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#8634 Nov 5, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Actually you lie again.
Where did I lie? Be specific.
KiMare wrote:
Actually you have censored the discussion to a manipulated legal constraint because it fails in the real world.
I have censored nothing. A fact that is plainly evident if one simply bothers to read any of the irrational drivel that you have posted.
KiMare wrote:
Actually, we were not talking about public restrooms. But you knew that , and simply seek to divert from another losing point.
Now who is lying? http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TCR09D1CU...
"Separate housing and bathrooms ARE based solely on gender. "
Are housing and bathrooms protections of the law?
Is marriage a protection of the law?
Do you see the difference?

If not, then that is your shortcoming. Well, one of them anyway.
KiMare wrote:
Actually, one who judges falsely is usually the one guilty of the offense.
You are stunted in so many ways lides.
I am not judging falsely. I am advocating that we follow the mandates of our constitution and provide all people within a state's jurisdiction equal protection of the law.

How is your hunt going for a compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to opposite sex couples that would render such a restriction constitutional?

Given your regular return to aspecific accusations, mindless off topic drivel, and obsession with public restrooms, one can only infer that it is not going well.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#8635 Nov 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Gender differences matter:
Nobody said they didn't.
Brian_G wrote:
same sex marriage would make government view marriage as if unisex.
No, it would simply require the government to offer same sex couples the same legal rights and protections they offer opposite sex couples.
Brian_G wrote:
What else would change when government stops seeing men and women, boys and girls and starts ignoring gender differences?
The only thing that would change is that same sex couples would have access to the same legal rights as everyone else.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#8636 Nov 5, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
None of your rationalizations are a valid reason to deny men and women the equal protection of the law to marry, enter into a legally recognized union of husband and wife, recognized by every state in the Union.
Pietro, can you offer a compelling governmental interest served by limiting legal marriage to opposite sex couples that would render such a restriction constitutional?
Carl from Pittsfield

Pittsfield, MA

#8637 Nov 5, 2013
See me nail David last night HAHA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min TRUMPS TAX PLAN 196,933
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Trey LaTrache 54,497
News $2 more for cigarettes? California tobacco tax ... 7 hr Algonquin J Calhoun 4
Racism 11 hr DrGreenthumb 4
Can the people of California get rid of the go... Thu witness 1
News Cigarette tax poll: California voters overwhelm... Thu witness 4
News Minimum-wage hike and oil-drilling ban are amon... Thu politicians are c... 1
More from around the web