Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61389 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8538 Nov 2, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one dumb character.
<quoted text>
Yet the state allows many other variations. Your argument is utterly invalid, and it is a mindless rationalization by a mindless idiot.
<quoted text>
And yet, the state allows them to have children in 45 states. Once again, your argument is idiotic.
<quoted text>
And you clearly can't think.
If you weren't an idiot, you might understand that your argument is so much crap.
Can you be honest on any level?
Does a married couple need to raise children?
The dishonesty and crap is yours reprobate.

No states allowed SS or single parent adoption until recently. Some still do not. That changed when courts began to ignore the best interests of the child.

Other than troll assaults, you have given no reasoned defense of sacrificing the best interests of a child. Oh, other than the perversion of law at the expense of the child.

It would be better for you to have a millstone hung around your neck.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8539 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Do you know what different means? Male and female are different, they are unequal in law and nature. That's why marriage has the perfect 1:1 affirmative action ratio; for diversity and integration.
Same sex marriage is sex segregation marriage, introducing a new standard of disunity.
Black & white are different as well.

It's long past time to treat people equally under the law regardless of any differences.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8540 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Consent will be one of the biggest concerns with same sex marriage in sex segregated populations, like in prisons.
On that point I would agree, which is why prisoners should be banned from marrying each other if they are housed within the same prison. Prisoners give up many of their rights when convicted of crimes.
Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#8541 Nov 2, 2013
I just love destroying passionate feelings, especially 3 t+t's.

http://divorce.lovetoknow.com/Divorce_Statist... Highest of ANY group.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8542 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Reason 10 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Married women suffer less violence in marriage than single. Same sex marriage introduces female/female unions to marriage and law enforcement statistics show more violence in those unions than in male/female marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms women.
Credible link?

I didn't think so.

Btw, the study was specifically comparing MOTHERS raising children- not just women- who were married, to those mothers raising children who were unmarried living alone or cohabitating with another adult.

I saw nothing which specifically looked at mothers raising their biological children married to another woman.

So BANNING same-sex couples from marrying is what harms mothers.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8543 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Oops, should be: Married women suffer less violence than single women and women in same sex relationships.
Correction:

Married MOTHERS raising their biological children suffer less violence than unmarried mothers.

Just more reason to allow & encourage lesbians raising their children to get married.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8544 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is sex segregation marriage, introducing a new standard of disunity.
Brian, that doesn't make a bit of sense.

You have a strange view of love and family, don't you?

Tawas City, Michigan

#8545 Nov 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And what authoritative reference do you have to support this claim?
I did find stats from the NCVS (US DOJ) which tracks violence against women since 1973, but the stats don't say what he claims.

Since same-sex couples have only recently begun marrying, there probably isn't enough data to break out mothers married to a same-sex spouse.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8546 Nov 2, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Reason 10 for keeping marriage one man and one woman: Married women suffer less violence in marriage than single. Same sex marriage introduces female/female unions to marriage and law enforcement statistics show more violence in those unions than in male/female marriage.
Same sex marriage is bad because it harms women.
I've never seen these statistics. Can you provide the link to your stats that show married lesbian couples are more violent to each other then unmarried lesbians who simply co-habitate, or single lesbians?

Thanks.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8547 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The dishonesty and crap is yours reprobate.
No states allowed SS or single parent adoption until recently. Some still do not. That changed when courts began to ignore the best interests of the child.
Other than troll assaults, you have given no reasoned defense of sacrificing the best interests of a child. Oh, other than the perversion of law at the expense of the child.
It would be better for you to have a millstone hung around your neck.
Except of course there is STILL NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that children raised by married same-sex couples fair any worse than kids raised by married opposite-sex couples.

NONE WHATSOEVER.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8548 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the liberal response is, if you don't like it, don't read it.
That's how I normally handle your posts.
However, I will continue to exercise my freedom of religion, and even enjoy it more knowing your passionate feelings.
Smile.
So you're just here to troll, eh? Well, that's your luxury but not the legal system's.

My point is made and your obvious religious hypocrisy is your own burden.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#8549 Nov 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I did find stats from the NCVS (US DOJ) which tracks violence against women since 1973, but the stats don't say what he claims.
Since same-sex couples have only recently begun marrying, there probably isn't enough data to break out mothers married to a same-sex spouse.
Yes, since it seems that context confuses your message, perhaps it would be better to provide links to unbiased data when making such sweeping statements.

True, there's not much history for same-sex couples so perhaps it is best not to even go down those paths.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8550 Nov 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It's long past time to treat people equally under the law regardless of any differences.
Great. Now thanks to Obama care women can go to proctologists and men to gynecologists! Equality abounds.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8551 Nov 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Now thanks to Obama care women can go to proctologists and men to gynecologists! Equality abounds.
Ah, more utter stupidity when you have no reasoned argument, as usual.

Btw, why do you oppose people having the right to go to whatever doctor they think can best provide their medical needs? They're all still MDs regardless of their specialty.

Location hidden

#8552 Nov 2, 2013
Mikey wrote:
I just love destroying passionate feelings, especially 3 t+t's.
http://divorce.lovetoknow.com/Divorce_Statist... Highest of ANY group.
Where have I ever excused divorce, or bragged about the rates among different groups?

I hate divorce. I think it destroys kids and ends up destroying society.

Just what did you 'destroy'????

Location hidden

#8553 Nov 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course there is STILL NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that children raised by married same-sex couples fair any worse than kids raised by married opposite-sex couples.
NONE WHATSOEVER.
Except of course, I posted a government study that proved any default family faired worse in child outcome.

You posted idiotic denial.

Smirk.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8554 Nov 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, more utter stupidity when you have no reasoned argument, as usual.
Btw, why do you oppose people having the right to go to whatever doctor they think can best provide their medical needs? They're all still MDs regardless of their specialty.
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So then you acknowledge differences, and different treatment?

Tawas City, Michigan

#8555 Nov 2, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course, I posted a government study that proved any default family faired worse in child outcome.
You posted idiotic denial.
Smirk.
Nope, you misunderstood the study as usual.

Tawas City, Michigan

#8556 Nov 2, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So then you acknowledge differences, and different treatment?
Every person is different from every other person on the planet.

Differences aside, we are all entitled to equal treatment under the law.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#8557 Nov 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Every person is different from every other person on the planet.
Differences aside, we are all entitled to equal treatment under the law.
Equal treatment doesn't not mean men are treated like women, or vice versa, in every situation, nor should they be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Illegal immigrant accused of stabbing stranger ... 13 min spytheweb 1
News California cities prepare for alleged ICE sweeps 3 hr Solarman 1
News The most powerful California governor will be t... 6 hr trevor extreme 11
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr WelbyMD 243,234
News Fake highway signs jab at new California immigr... 10 hr Paul Syntor 5
News California teen leads deputies to parents' hous... 15 hr Izzy-_- 5
News California officials concerned about possible I... 18 hr Solarman 1
More from around the web