Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61394 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8268 Oct 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Unconstitutional bans are anti-democratic. That's why we're getting them overturned one by one. Don't worry, well get rid of the remaining bans likely within 5 years. Be patient.
WeTheSheeple is “Headed toward the cliff”.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#8269 Oct 29, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the end we'll be able to legally marry in all 50 states plus DC and get all the rights & benefits of marriage.
And you'll still be whining about same-sex couples while we all move on, leaving you to play with your dusty crusty musty mangina all by yourself.
Have fun with that.
And even then, still, ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.

AND, even a child will be able to tell the difference between a ss couple and marriage.

Smile.
Equal

Centereach, NY

#8270 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is the ground floor, but the distinctions between SS couples are a skyscraper.
If you can't get past the ground floor, how will you reach the penthouse?
Marriage does not require you to have children!!
Equal

Centereach, NY

#8271 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And even then, still, ss couples will only ever be mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage.
AND, even a child will be able to tell the difference between a ss couple and marriage.
Smile.
Get past the point that we can't reproduce, marriage doesn't require it. And duh, of course children can tell the difference between a male and a female and a lesbian or gay couple, so what's your point?!

Location hidden

#8272 Oct 29, 2013
Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Get past the point that we can't reproduce, marriage doesn't require it. And duh, of course children can tell the difference between a male and a female and a lesbian or gay couple, so what's your point?!
Mom and dad.
Equal

Centereach, NY

#8273 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and dad.
You know you don't need to have a mom and a dad to grow up with. There are plenty of people who lost a parent or are not in contact with them, but why is a single parent sooo much better than gay couples. In my opinion they are all the same if the child grows up in a safe and loving home.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#8274 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts I list are relevant to all marriages. You don't qualify.
The "facts" that you list are NOT relevant to all marriages.

Have your "facts" prevented the progress of SSM equality?
Have your "facts" dissuaded anyone from getting married (SS)?
Have your "facts" dissuaded our friends, family, community, congregations and the federal government from recognizing our union.

You're limp, Greg. Impotent. Ya got nuthin'. You can sit here all day and masturbate your ego, but at the end of the day you're a completely powerless troll, not unlike your non-functioning vagina (which serves no purpose at all).

You want a reasoned opinion? Present a reasoned argument.

Location hidden

#8275 Oct 29, 2013
Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you don't need to have a mom and a dad to grow up with. There are plenty of people who lost a parent or are not in contact with them, but why is a single parent sooo much better than gay couples. In my opinion they are all the same if the child grows up in a safe and loving home.
Because statistically, by far, a child is better with mom and dad, than with any other default situation.

What that means is, we should be working to strengthen the best situation for a child, rather than encouraging, as you are, the worst settings for a child.

You should know these things if you want to argue this issue.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8276 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Mom and dad.
Sometimes it's mom.
Sometimes it's dad.
Sometimes it's mom and mom.
Sometimes it's dad and dad.

Kids don't care; you're the one with SS parents. You're so filled with vitriol that you'd rather have children rot in foreign orphanages than have two loving same-sex parents.

Do you think Jesus would let kids rot in a hell-hole, or would he want them to be loved?

Never mind, because you have NO idea what Jesus would do.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8277 Oct 29, 2013
"you're the one who has a problem with SS parents."

Damn, and I don't even have a shitty iPhone to blame.
Equal

Centereach, NY

#8278 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Because statistically, by far, a child is better with mom and dad, than with any other default situation.
What that means is, we should be working to strengthen the best situation for a child, rather than encouraging, as you are, the worst settings for a child.
You should know these things if you want to argue this issue.
Give me the statistics in a link. And who are you to say that its the worst settings for a child, you need to separate your argument and opinion .So heterosexual couples who are drug attics and dealers make a better setting for a child. YOU should know that there are too many different situations to put a statistic that gay couples are automatically bad. Stop with your opinions.

Location hidden

#8279 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it's mom.
Sometimes it's dad.
Sometimes it's mom and mom.
Sometimes it's dad and dad.
Kids don't care; you're the one with SS parents. You're so filled with vitriol that you'd rather have children rot in foreign orphanages than have two loving same-sex parents.
Do you think Jesus would let kids rot in a hell-hole, or would he want them to be loved?
Never mind, because you have NO idea what Jesus would do.
There is not a shortage of people willing to adopt kids in foreign orphanages.

Ss couples rarely adopt from orphanages.

Kids do know the difference. Only a gay would claim otherwise.

Like I said, someone looking out for the best interests of a child would work for them to be with their mother and father, or at least a mother and father.

You are not looking out for the kids, you are futilely attempting to make an imposter marriage with a pretend family. The price of that deceit is horrendous to the child.

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#8280 Oct 29, 2013
MentalHelpNow wrote:
<quoted text>No, I mean help centers. Staffed with loving, caring therapists to guide you into a beautiful world of normalcy. Don't dispare, we care!
I don't need any help.

Sure sounds like you do though, Looney Tunes. Why don't you go and get it.

Location hidden

#8281 Oct 29, 2013
Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me the statistics in a link. And who are you to say that its the worst settings for a child, you need to separate your argument and opinion .So heterosexual couples who are drug attics and dealers make a better setting for a child. YOU should know that there are too many different situations to put a statistic that gay couples are automatically bad. Stop with your opinions.
No.

Are you that helpless?

Did you look up child well being and default family statistics?

Do you know what the 'Cinderella Effect' is?

If you don't know these things, how in hell do you know what is or is not an opinion???

Soooo Blonde...

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8282 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Kids do know the difference. Only a gay would claim otherwise.
Like I said, someone looking out for the best interests of a child would work for them to be with their mother and father, or at least a mother and father.
Again with the reading comprehension skills. I didn't say that kids don't know the difference; I said that THEY DON'T CARE!

Why are you so dense, Pastor Greg Kirschmann?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8283 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

Soooo Blonde...
Like your vagina? Does the carpeting match the drapes?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8284 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Citations, please. And if you whip of Focus on the Family's poster a-hole (Regnerus) you KNOW you're going to get your ass kicked.

Citations, Greg. Citations.

Yeah, I though so..........
Equal

Centereach, NY

#8285 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Are you that helpless?
Did you look up child well being and default family statistics?
Do you know what the 'Cinderella Effect' is?
If you don't know these things, how in hell do you know what is or is not an opinion???
Soooo Blonde...
Wow thanks for wasting my time and not putting up an actual argument. Now that I definitely k is that you didn't look up and statistics and use your opinion, your argument is bullsh!t to me, prove your argument. Are you really that helpless?

“It's Time. . .”

Since: Jun 13

New Holland

#8286 Oct 29, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
The "facts" that you list are NOT relevant to all marriages.
Have your "facts" prevented the progress of SSM equality?
Have your "facts" dissuaded anyone from getting married (SS)?
Have your "facts" dissuaded our friends, family, community, congregations and the federal government from recognizing our union.
You're limp, Greg. Impotent. Ya got nuthin'. You can sit here all day and masturbate your ego, but at the end of the day you're a completely powerless troll, not unlike your non-functioning vagina (which serves no purpose at all).
You want a reasoned opinion? Present a reasoned argument.
That's it! He knows he can stop nothing, that's why he gets more obnoxious by the day. Greg the UC.

In the meantime; SSM becomes more and more common, in more and more countries.

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#8287 Oct 29, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Procreation is the ground floor, but the distinctions between SS couples are a skyscraper.
If you can't get past the ground floor, how will you reach the penthouse?

Look, stupid, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Democratic states wary as Trump embarks on vict... 34 min Taste2106 20
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr clay 231,210
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr panties9688 62,354
News California drought bill victory could be short-... 3 hr Rider1043 3
News Colleges pushed to note sexual misconduct on tr... 3 hr Lips9945 9
News OK, so, pota s legal. Now what? 7 hr ThomasA 22
Youth Track & Field Teams in Los Angeles County (Oct '11) 11 hr El Camino pete 19
More from around the web