Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#7509 Oct 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is neighbor suing neighbor.
For what?

If that neighbor is denying them public accommodation with regard to that neighbor's business, then suing is appropriate.

But I don't think suing neighbors is primarily a gay thing - I believe that most lawsuits are between straight neighbors.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7510 Oct 19, 2013
equal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even get what the hell you are even arguing about! I posted the link to show you that we don't affect children any differently, if we raise them.
Oh thank you so much once again for saying that we are perverted. It really makes me feel great and yes a gay couple can raise a child, just like a straight couple.
So here's your whole argument, I'll make it easy for you
You don't think that we should have gay marriage because:
-we can't reproduce
-you think that all gay couples are off balanced because we can't have 'straight' sex.
-you just don't like us
If a study makes a claim different from the one you are trying to make, guess what?

Moreover, you are not addressing specific questions I present about what the claim asserts.

Nor are you providing the methods the study used to establish it's validity.

Instead you make up a list of what I am saying, not even having the courtesy to quote me directly.

Honey, I'd suggest you wait until high school and dye your hair, and then come on a debate site.

SMile.

Location hidden

#7511 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was being serious. That is a really brainless response. If you went to college, get your money back!
You are really blonde, aren't you?
equal wrote:
<quoted text>
your really an idiot, aren't you. I mean are you freaking joking get off this website because you can't handle it. Instead of presenting any proof to your claims, you decide your going to call people names.
LOL, your grammar says it all Blondie...

Location hidden

#7512 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

But closer to home, you are saying any Tom or Dick is the same as mom and dad? Don't you think that is really gay not to mention perverted???
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Trolling.
Noting the difference between mom and dad, and other people is 'trolling'? No wonder you have trouble identifying marriage...

Snicker.

Location hidden

#7513 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
I can tell the fakes in an instant. Anyone can.
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
They are still legally married and I'm glad that pisses you off.
Ss marriage is still an oxymoron. Reality trumps a fraudulent piece of paper.

When I see it, it doesn't piss me off, it makes me laugh at the idiocy of the claim.

Location hidden

#7514 Oct 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You may also enjoy looking like a complete fool when you write that stupid evolutionary-mating-behavior garbage.
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...

You were saying something about looking like a fool?

Snicker.

Location hidden

#7515 Oct 19, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I couldn't care less about what your imaginary playmate blesses.
I wasn't talking to reprobates. Mind your own emptiness.
Bama Yankee

Missouri City, TX

#7516 Oct 19, 2013
http://youtu.be/wr8K6wFnhAA

sorry wrong ULR

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#7517 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss marriage is still an oxymoron. Reality trumps a fraudulent piece of paper.
When I see it, it doesn't piss me off, it makes me laugh at the idiocy of the claim.
Reality: we have that piece of paper and so much more.
Reality: we have federal recognition of our relationship.
Reality: we have the recognition of friends, family, and community.
Reality: we don't need your recognition or acceptance.
Reality: you're irrelevant and impotent.

THAT pisses you off, which is why you spend your time denigrating gay people and SSM.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#7518 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss marriage is an oxymoron.
That's the opinion of a senile old troll with three titties, a micro penis/clitoris, non-functioning vagina, psychotic alter-ego and three forged certificates of "sanity".

And you think that OUR marriage is an oxymoron.....

Why don't you go read a crappy little blog to occupy your time.

http://www.watchmann.blogspot.com/

Oy, the poor woman in that blog photo. Her husbands face looks like Bruce Willis's ass.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#7519 Oct 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is neighbor suing neighbor.
Only if the neighbor is a bigot, and has broken the law.

Why do you defend lawless bigots, Brian?

Location hidden

#7520 Oct 19, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the opinion of a senile old troll with three titties, a micro penis/clitoris, non-functioning vagina, psychotic alter-ego and three forged certificates of "sanity".
And you think that OUR marriage is an oxymoron.....
Why don't you go read a crappy little blog to occupy your time.
http://www.watchmann.blogspot.com/
Oy, the poor woman in that blog photo. Her husbands face looks like Bruce Willis's ass.
Do you ever have a response of substance? You denial and ad homoan attacks are tiresome and boring.

Location hidden

#7521 Oct 19, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if the neighbor is a bigot, and has broken the law.
Why do you defend lawless bigots, Brian?
Why do you pervert law and deny science and nature?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7522 Oct 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No solidarity with your gay brothers eh? Nice!
I don't have any gay brothers; my 4 brothers are all straight- and all divorced.

No, I don't support polygamy- not for gays or straights or any combination thereof.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7523 Oct 19, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
What 'compelling governmental interest' does same sex marriage serve?
Allowing same-sex couples to marry gives us the legal rights & protections for our families. That makes for healthier, happier, and more productive members of society. That's a compelling government interest.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7524 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Too funny. I used simply used the gay arguments, exposing how contradictory and foolish they are.
I agree with you, they are childish and offensive to people.
Intact families are a compelling interest. Always have been.
Even you know the proper use of an extension cord. And the distinct types. Which means you know SS couples do not equate to marriage.
Smile.
Correct, intact families- whether headed by a same-sex or opposite-sex couple- IS a compelling govt interest.

That's why the NJ Supreme Court just ruled UNANIMOUSLY that same-sex couples in NJ have the right to marry.

I guess they didn't buy your arguments either!

So your losing streak continues.

Up next- New Mexico, Hawaii, & Illinois.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7525 Oct 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, a rerun of your "I don't need to argue why it is illegal because it's illegal" argument. Priceless.
Why don't you just come out and say you want it illegal because you don't like it. Like the bigots against SSM do. At least they have the balls to say I hate you. You should work on growing a tiny pair.
It has nothing to do with a personal like or dislike.

I oppose polygamy & incest because of the proven harm it causes to women, children, & society.

Btw, I have a nice large hairy pair, thanks for asking.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7526 Oct 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no arguments to refute fruitloops. It's illegal because it's illegal? It's illegal because two doesn't equal three? What's to refute? You're stupid.
Any that's why polygamy/incest will remain illegal.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7527 Oct 19, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that harm. Just like in the case for same sex marriage, don't ask us to prove there is no harm, you need to prove there is harm.
And your bigoted bullsh!t just doesn't cut it. There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you ignorantly associate with polygamy. If someone in a same sex marriage commits these same crimes should we make same sex marriage illegal?
It was already proven in court, which is why they have repeatedly upheld the bans on polygamy & incest.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7528 Oct 19, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you are never ever more than a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
That's the real fact that disqualifies you from real marriage and leaves you with a worthless, meaningless piece of paper.
And yet that piece of paper qualifies me & my family for all the same rights & benefits opposite-sex couples get.

Oh dear, you anti-gays lost again.

Most recently in New Jersey.

Up next, New Mexico & Hawaii & Illinois.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California is No. 2 in - judicial hellhole' ranks 3 hr Concave 1
News Firefighter fatality reported at huge Californi... 3 hr Concave 1
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans 3 hr Concave 54
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 hr loose cannon 243,095
NJ Senator Stephen Sweeney arrested 20 hr joey 1
Ben Morgan of Facebook (Apr '17) Thu Kayante 2
More from around the web