Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#60549 Sep 3, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Oh Terry........
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-ju...
Louisiana Ruling Breaks Pro-Gay Marriage Streak
Excerpt:
Feldman said gay marriage supporters failed to prove that the ban violates equal protection or due process provisions of the U.S. Constitution. He also rejected an argument that the ban violated the First Amendment by effectively forcing legally married gay couples to state that they are single on Louisiana income tax returns.
Feldman sided with the state, which had argued that the nation's high court, in the Defense of Marriage Act decision, recognized the rights of state voters and legislatures to define marriage.
"Although opinions about same-sex marriage will understandably vary among the states, and other states in free and open debate will and have chosen differently, that does not mandate that Louisiana has overstepped its sovereign authority," he wrote.
Another erroneous ruling by an incompetent judge for the same reasons I indicated in the erroneous ruling by the state judge in Tennessee. It happens. And it will be corrected.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#60550 Sep 3, 2014
cancersux wrote:
I see Kimare is still spewing his Nazi fascist hate and evil.
That was the lesbian in me.

This is the straight man:

Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.

It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.

It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.

It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.

It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.

It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.

It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.

All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.

It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
cancersux

Owatonna, MN

#60551 Sep 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the lesbian in me.
This is the straight man:
Real marriage has always been and will always be a committed relationship between one man and one woman. Demanding it ain't so doesn't make it so.
It is the only relationship that reproduces naturally, a father and mother raising their children.
It is the only relationship that is the birthing place of every single other type of relationship.
It is the only relationship that reunites two completely unique parts. A complimentary union, instead of a duplicated half.
It is the only relationship that sexually fit together by design. There is no abusive violation of design.
It is the only relationship that restores a male and female to the very original roots of our creation, pre-gender.
It is the only union that blends two different genders bringing perfect balance. A same gender union lacks diversity and is off balance.
All this says nothing about the cultural, historic and religious distinctions that marriage wholly embraces.
It clearly has, needs and deserves a special and unique definition. It is absurd and sacrilegious to equate ss couples.
I know you Nazi pigs hate equality. But as you old inbred freaks die off know this. WITHIN A FEW YEARS SAME SEX MARRIAGE WILL BE LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES AND YOU WILL BE DEAD AND YOUR KIDS WILL BE HAPPY THERE SHAMEFUL DAD IS GONE .

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#60552 Sep 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the scientific cause of homosexuality and the evolutionary purpose?
That's speculative. For example, genes which lead to homosexuality may result in improved fitness or likelihood to have children in some members. Women with gay male relatives have more children on average than women who don't. This could be due to those genes being a reproductive positive in one gender, even if they make reproduction less likely in the other gender.
KiMare wrote:
Evolution doesn't have 'obligations', however, mating behavior in two gender life forms is the primary form of evolution.
This is irrelevant to normalcy. Homosexuality exists in numerous animal species. It's certainly more "normal" and "natural" than homophobia.

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Since: Apr 07

Seattle, WA

#60553 Sep 3, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you'r manifesting your own variety of sixties homo-erotica.. whatever that word is!
Not that I'm taking sides here, but I DO like to point out when an argument is being refuted with boorish imagery of class distinction. Just a reminder to everyone that the issues aren't being solved because they just aren't being solved. But, it seems that we have a problem with projecting one issue on top of another issue. Since both sides ARE really up to their armpits in this from of projection, I might as well just let you all act out until the cows come home.
Cud U please get one of your Utter Handlers to translate that from BovineSpeak into English?

Nooooo?!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#60554 Sep 3, 2014
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Another erroneous ruling by an incompetent judge for the same reasons I indicated in the erroneous ruling by the state judge in Tennessee. It happens. And it will be corrected.
Your utter obsession with with All Things Homosexual indicates that you are simply a deranged, self-loathing, self-destructive homophobe.

Honey, THAT'S a dead end street.

Methinks your Exodus training was for naught...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#60555 Sep 3, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the scientific cause of homosexuality and the evolutionary purpose?
Evolution doesn't have 'obligations', however, mating behavior in two gender life forms is the primary form of evolution. Anything else is a 'dead' end.
Like I said, educate yourself about your condition.
Smile.
Altar Boy, when you've finished dripping the Holy HOT Wax over your newly-waxed torso, please clean up after yourself. Your homoerotic fetish is making a mess! You don't want to Father Brian to find OUT about you, do you dear??

“The Sky Is Falling!”

Seattle, WA

#60556 Sep 3, 2014
cancersux wrote:
I see Kimare is still spewing his Nazi fascist hate and evil.
Miss Kimmy is practicing for her routine at the Miss Las Vegas pageant....

The least we can do is flatter her on her choice of Satanic Red lipstick and Eternal Hell Flaming Red hair extensions!

You GO gurl!!
GAWD

San Jose, CA

#60557 Sep 3, 2014
Whoa hold the applause and the trumpets and drums i said whoa.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Sergeant at Arms

San Jose, CA

#60558 Sep 3, 2014
ANNOUNCEMENT *** ANNOUNCEMENT *** ANNOUNCEMENT
BROTHER BUBBA IS ABOUT READY......... THE BAR IS OPEN FIRST ROUND ON THE HOUSE TONIGHT'S SPECIAL IS 1/2 gallon PITCHER OF WHITE LIGHTING FOR ONLY 5 DOLLARS AND FREE POPCORN. WILL BE BROADCASTING ON THE Gay marriage thread and on the Gay biggest lie thread smoke'm if you gott'em

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Drakmar

Czech Republic

#60559 Sep 3, 2014
Well lets get this party started!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#60560 Sep 3, 2014
eyeful wrote:
Your utter obsession with with All Things Homosexual indicates that you are simply a deranged, self-loathing, self-destructive homophobe.
Honey, THAT'S a dead end street.
Methinks your Exodus training was for naught...
Methinks you should pay closer attention to whom you post and the context of their posts as I'm gay and was commenting that the federal judge who upheld Louisiana's prohibition on same sex marriages was incompetent. Oops.

“Common sense prevails.”

Since: Mar 14

3rd rock from the sun.

#60561 Sep 3, 2014
Bills Still Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go Debra,I hope this helps ! It seems that these phobes can't get it into their thick bigoted skulls that the vast majority of child molestations are in fact committed against young lady's in their youth,statistics show one out of every five ! Never a mention of this from the trolls are there ? So in fact,the vast majority of molestations are committed by heterosexual identifying pedophiles on young girls.
www.crisisconnectioninc.org/sexualassault/sex...
You're right and thank you for the link. It's very interesting and I've got it bookmarked.

No the trolls are far too busy obsessing about male/male sex, scatological humour and slippery slope predictions too watch out for young girls, much less young boys.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#60562 Sep 3, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
But all of that is normal and natural. 2 men or 2 women isn't.
It isn't natural for you and it isn't natural for me. I can't really, deep down understand the attraction of one woman to another because I'm not wired that way. We both know that it exists, but unlike you, I can accept it and also accept the simple fact that people are born who they are. Every one of us deserves to pursue our attractions and live our lives with what is normal and natural to us.

No one is hurting you, certainly no one is asking you to be gay. I don't know why live and let live is so hard for you, fortunately many of us don't have your hang ups.

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#60563 Sep 3, 2014
Gunther wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh duh ..........parlor' brain fart!!
Finish the story, after the eighth grade for the third time the same man (pedophile) approached you at the zoo dropped to his knee and ask you to marry him. Seeing how you are a homely sexless slag fat gurl you said ''I do!!'' And to this day you put your hair in pig-tails and little pony boots with knee socks and skip every where you go with a box of colored chalk. To arouse your husband (pedophile) you get all the dolly's naked break out the tea set and play ride the pony. Cali Gurl 2014 also married her first pedophile encounter.
Sorry, Columbus. Your twisted fantasies are your own, spew on if it pleases you. Reported;0)

“Common sense prevails.”

3rd rock from the sun.

#60564 Sep 3, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
Oh Terry........
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/federal-ju...
Louisiana Ruling Breaks Pro-Gay Marriage Streak
Excerpt:
Feldman said gay marriage supporters failed to prove that the ban violates equal protection or due process provisions of the U.S. Constitution. He also rejected an argument that the ban violated the First Amendment by effectively forcing legally married gay couples to state that they are single on Louisiana income tax returns.
Feldman sided with the state, which had argued that the nation's high court, in the Defense of Marriage Act decision, recognized the rights of state voters and legislatures to define marriage.
"Although opinions about same-sex marriage will understandably vary among the states, and other states in free and open debate will and have chosen differently, that does not mandate that Louisiana has overstepped its sovereign authority," he wrote.
YAWN, and so it goes to a higher court. Stalling tactics notwithstanding.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#60566 Sep 3, 2014
Myself,as a gay black man,I'm quiet partial to white men. Have you ever seen men finer than white guys. I absolutely adore them. Can't help it.
Cali Girl 2014dal

Northridge, CA

#60567 Sep 4, 2014
DebraE wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Columbus. Your twisted fantasies are your own, spew on if it pleases you. Reported;0)
Hey Gunther-
Go suck a rock

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#60568 Sep 4, 2014
eyeful wrote:
<quoted text>
Altar Boy, when you've finished dripping the Holy HOT Wax over your newly-waxed torso, please clean up after yourself. Your homoerotic fetish is making a mess! You don't want to Father Brian to find OUT about you, do you dear??
What disgusting, perverted gay troll behavior!

Stay away from children!

Smile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

#60569 Sep 4, 2014
Oh, goodie, Topix is working again. Let the petty bickering begin anew.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min Earthling-1 47,585
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min Frank 179,657
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Rama 201,197
Maude 16 hr Maude 1
Mexico's Take Over Of California: Complete By 2... (Jun '09) 16 hr domax 27,505
GOP's 41st senator gets movie star's greeting (Jan '10) 22 hr strokeofirish 224
Retiree claims $425.3-million Powerball prize i... Tue norma74 3

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE