Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 60802 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#6045 Sep 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The People of California voted twice to define marriage as one man and one woman; that's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
The Legislators passed marriage equality twice in this State only to have a Governor veto it twice.........and what is anti-democratic is a proposition being placed on the ballot to eliminate a right from one group of individuals simply because some Religious group DOESN'T like who they are or who they love!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#6047 Sep 30, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
The Legislators passed marriage equality twice in this State only to have a Governor veto it twice.........and what is anti-democratic is a proposition being placed on the ballot to eliminate a right from one group of individuals simply because some Religious group DOESN'T like who they are or who they love!!!
The Governor's veto is part of the democratic process. Courts overturning elections isn't the same thing at all.

That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic, California voted twice to define marriage as one man and one woman.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#6048 Sep 30, 2013
Same sex marriage has nothing to do with who you love, it has to do with marriage laws for everyone.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6049 Oct 1, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen I'm truly not trying to be rude right now, but maybe you need to look up a few things. It's not a rare medical disease to not being able to have children, it's actually quite common. And what about people who get married and choose never to have children? Are you going to suggest the government take away their marriage licence? Like I said I'm really trying not to be rude to you in this post because I feel like you don't notice that not all people have children. And feel free to tell me what other questions I did not answer of yours. I will gladly answer all of them and I'm sorry to say that marriage is going to be legal for all one day for everyone. It's only a matter of when they will allow it.
No, sterility is rare and often treatable.

However, whatever happens, this will always remain;

A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

And there is not one damn thing you can do about it, is there?

Location hidden

#6050 Oct 1, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Too stupid to see that the poem you ripped off is wrong, I see.
Are same sex couples composed of people?
Is marriage a protection of the law?
Are you an idiot?
Here's a hint, the answer to all three is yes.
Too stupid to come up with a reasoned response?

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.
There is not one damn thing you can do about it. That is why it drives you insane.

Smile.

Location hidden

#6051 Oct 1, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And not a bit of your oft-repeated opinions here have anything do do with marriage, or the law.
I know you like to read your writings, but that doesn't make them relevant or logical.
Try again.
Back to a rational state interest in denying gay couples legal marriage. No self-serving pseudo poetry - just simple facts and proof.
Too funny!

A gay declaring what is marriage and so thrown by a list of distinctions between ss couples and marriage, she calls it poetry!

This remains no matter what you say or any judge rules, and there is not one damn thing you can do about it!

Marriage is a miraculous union of two genders,
a union so profound,
it is described as the union of Mars and Venus.
It reunites humanity to the roots of life,
while at the very same time
hosting the best and natural
birth place of future human life.
It is the blend of masculinity and femininity.
The wisdom of logic and intuition united.
Strength and delicacy perfectly balanced.
Protection and nurture combined as one.
A complimentary merging that multiplies the unbiased blend of humanity's genders.

A ss couple cannot equate to a single one of these distinctions.

Location hidden

#6052 Oct 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting a bit maniacal with the repetition.
All I'm getting from it is some strange images, probably not the mysticism you were looking for.
1. Charlie Chaplain balancing on his clenched butt cheeks at a piano, singing about love, LOVE, Love, LOve, yada...yada!
2. Led Zeppelin singing "I can't stop talking about love", kind of a Charlie Manson/date-rape image comes to mind there!
3. Fred Flintstone learning to dance, sticking his nasty bare feet at everything in view.
Shakespeare isn't needed and isn't wanted here. Everyone on this board, including YOU, is only concerned but where the gubbermint money is going. Don't be a fancy-pants!
I suspect you get strange images quite often.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#6053 Oct 1, 2013
Greg Kirschmann wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right, and that's my intellectual property.
<quoted text>
These were merely opinions on a blog. They were never intended as "facts".
<quoted text>
To see if you'd man up and admit where you copied them from.
<quoted text>
That's your schtick; you've been doing it for years.
SecretSmile
Thanks for updating the post and giving credit where credit is due.

FINALLY, an honest and sensible review!

Smirk.

Location hidden

#6054 Oct 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The People of California voted twice to define marriage as one man and one woman; that's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Most of the country voted so.

But more so, history, evolution, science and faith all confirm the validity of that vote.

If you call the tail on a dog a leg, what is it?

Location hidden

#6055 Oct 1, 2013
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Ss couples will only ever be a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.

A mating behavior sexual defect.

ss marriage is an oxymoron.
gay rights

Selden, NY

#6056 Oct 1, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll likely not remember you at all. And PLEASE, really, really don't start talking about your sex organ again!
You made a choice. You chose to be gay. You are essentially a pack animal like a dog so don't bother me if you feel insulted.
Tell us more about how you have no choice. OBEY YOUR MASTER!
I'm truly sorry for you and your mental sickness. You should not be allowed to be posting things online. But let me clarify a few things here. One I have never talked about my sex organs on this website. Two, we are not dogs we are people. And even though I understand you must have strong bonds with dogs, We are humans. Three your an @sshole.

Now with those things clarified I can move on to my next subject. We do not choose to be gay or straight. I don't think anyone would choose to be gay if they see how much you people hate us. We are not here to be perverted, we are here to have equal rights. We were born being gay and unless you cannot give any information on the topic we are trying to discuss I suggest that you take yourself, and your dogs and stop contributing to this conversation.
gay rights

Selden, NY

#6057 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
A ss couple will only ever be a mutually sterile pointlessly duplicate gendered half of marriage.
Okay so you must live in a bubble or something because there are many people that cannot have children or do not want children. My uncle and aunt cannot have children because he had chrones and she has diabetes. They each had to get organs taken out of them and now they cannot have a child, and in fact they didn't even want one. My moms high school friends all go with her to the Bahamas once a year with her and they are all married, but do not have children.

How a relationship should be wether it's a friendship or marriage, the two should love each other and be there for one another. Remain faithful in sickness and in health, rich or poor, and sorrow and enjoy. Gay people can hold out our marriage vows. Your just saying you have all these facts, but you don't, your just using these what you think is facts as excuses that you simply do not like us. I cannot change you if you just don't like us

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#6058 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
once again you toss out pure bullshit and get caught in the act...
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/fertile.htm
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#6059 Oct 1, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm truly sorry for you and your mental sickness. You should not be allowed to be posting things online. But let me clarify a few things here. One I have never talked about my sex organs on this website. Two, we are not dogs we are people. And even though I understand you must have strong bonds with dogs, We are humans. Three your an @sshole.
Now with those things clarified I can move on to my next subject. We do not choose to be gay or straight. I don't think anyone would choose to be gay if they see how much you people hate us. We are not here to be perverted, we are here to have equal rights. We were born being gay and unless you cannot give any information on the topic we are trying to discuss I suggest that you take yourself, and your dogs and stop contributing to this conversation.
1. You ALWAYS talk about your sexuality, and thus your sex organ, as if it is the pivot point of your corporeal existence. That's because it is! It's your defense against the alphas with which you feel the need to bond with, yet completely don't understand the bargain.

2. You most certainly do choose to be gay, but you're inclined to obsessive-compulsive behavior and it only takes the slightest amount of controversy for you to lock the machinery up and go into flying monkey mode. Personally, I don't care at all except there are political cause-and-effect issues that the liberals exploit, and I will put an end to it one way or another.

3. That's "Three, you're an @sshole." See how much better it looks when it comes from a pro?

Personally, I DO like dogs, but I prefer the ones that have not overly bonded with humans. They lose their own animal "moral center" when they try too hard to be a peer in the human "pack". Some of those yappy little dogs also become kind of kamikaze when they get around humans who they can't get a bead on, and some humans simply have a good poker face.

Humans are a unique species in terms of denial. They often SHOULD know better but they refuse to anyway. I like my animal analogies because I like animals. Humans are nuts!

Generally, I prefer the company of cats though. They are much more self-reliant and lower maintenance than dogs. They also have a genuine collaborative benefit in that they catch mice, which is useful here in the country.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#6060 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect you get strange images quite often.
Smirk.
I like the arts, but I work as a computer technician. It's an unmarketable trait but for the most part, computers follow a set logic where garbage in = garbage out. I wish I could say the same for the arts. They seem to attract so much politics.

Drugs? Tried some a few decades ago. Didn't pretty much anyone who was a teen in the seventies? Didn't like them much. More importantly, I didn't like people who were on drugs, but that's a much longer story.

I'm still trying to figure out the almost complete disappearance of the art culture when Reagan came into power. I'm not sure if the Boomer generation realized that they were full of themselves or if they just became greedy yuppies, but there's something important about that time that I have yet to discover. Either that or I've already discovered it and it's about as trivial as a teenager caught playing his rock-n-roll guitar in the bathroom.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#6061 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for updating the post and giving credit where credit is due.
FINALLY, an honest and sensible review!
Smirk.
OK. Got your nutty sock puppet thing going on now, do you?

What do you hope to prove? Are you convinced that people are ganging up on you only as an illusion created by one gay?

For the record, I'm just me. I don't post alter-egos. I debate with my logic, not tricks designed for complete idiots who mean nothing to me to begin with. The sheep aren't going to vote. Heck! I'M not going to vote either. I don't choose the lesser of two evils. I refuse to do ANYthing to encourage a sock puppet loony!

That includes gay loonies too, but it seems that you think you need an edge over the loony-ness that they brought to the table from the get-go. That's not a mark in the plus column for you.

Location hidden

#6062 Oct 1, 2013
gay rights wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay so you must live in a bubble or something because there are many people that cannot have children or do not want children. My uncle and aunt cannot have children because he had chrones and she has diabetes. They each had to get organs taken out of them and now they cannot have a child, and in fact they didn't even want one. My moms high school friends all go with her to the Bahamas once a year with her and they are all married, but do not have children.
How a relationship should be wether it's a friendship or marriage, the two should love each other and be there for one another. Remain faithful in sickness and in health, rich or poor, and sorrow and enjoy. Gay people can hold out our marriage vows. Your just saying you have all these facts, but you don't, your just using these what you think is facts as excuses that you simply do not like us. I cannot change you if you just don't like us
Honey, I'm sorry but your awareness of two couples that have some measure of infertility does not negate the thousands of couples you know that are fertile. Nor equate SS couples who are totally barren and desolate.

Additionally, I don't hate you, I just feel sorry for your confusion and sexual defect.

Nothing you demand will equate a SS couple with marriage. The closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more obvious it is.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#6063 Oct 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
" One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." -West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage has nothing to do with who you love, it has to do with marriage laws for everyone.
It has to do with equal protection of the law.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#6064 Oct 1, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm sorry but your awareness of two couples that have some measure of infertility does not negate the thousands of couples you know that are fertile. Nor equate SS couples who are totally barren and desolate.
Additionally, I don't hate you, I just feel sorry for your confusion and sexual defect.
Nothing you demand will equate a SS couple with marriage. The closer a counterfeit gets to the real thing, the more obvious it is.
Your twisted buybull cult belief is just lies.
oh and your belief and religion are not mine so don't care and wont follow your BS.

Now run along don't you have KKK or Nazi party of America to get to.

Location hidden

#6065 Oct 1, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your twisted buybull cult belief is just lies.
oh and your belief and religion are not mine so don't care and wont follow your BS.
Now run along don't you have KKK or Nazi party of America to get to.
Honey, your hateful bigotry is exposing your ignorance. Nothing I posted has anything to do with the Bible. And the ugly bigotry you spout aligns YOU with Nazism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Rogue Scholar 05 194,515
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min litesong 54,354
News Rock Royalty Ava Sambora's Guide to the Best Su... 18 hr Emma 3
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... Wed Dem Pipedreamers 119
Does the university of California degree very h... Wed jaea001 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,846
News Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Wed Just the Truth 1,975
More from around the web