Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5731 Sep 22, 2013
MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, come on now, Greg. You can do better than that. Or maybe you can't. You certainly haven't come up with anything new in an awfully long time. Your "At its most basic essence..." line that you use over and over and over is past the point of stale and doesn't make anymore sense in recent posts than it did in your early ones. You do have a rather curious way of wanting to exercise your right to free speech "by noting the inherent harm, unhealthiness and demeaning nature of anal sex, and the failure of ss couples to equate to marriage." It certainly is your right, but you sure do seem preoccupied by the topic. Just sayin'...
I should change a point of reality because you are tired of it?

Or because you are trying to shame me into excusing anal sex because I what?

You are desperate, aren't you.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#5732 Sep 22, 2013
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>.
So according to you , normal people who believe in god are freaks and people who get their rocks off by anal sex with someone of the same gender are normal . You really are all twisted fks arent you.
"Normal" people who believe in God don't find the need to shove THEIR version of God down somebody else's throat.

Whether, or not, two gay men are engaging in anal sex is no concern of yours (yet you can't stop thinking about it).

I spend no time contemplating who and what you do in the bedroom. Why do you spend so much time contemplating the dirty, lewd, disgusting, freakish, abhorrent, vile and wicked things that gay people do?????

Grow a pair, already, and get over it. You're just not that important.
teesha

Baldwin Park, CA

#5733 Sep 22, 2013
Tried to be open minded regarding the situation. I changed my mind when I joined a three of my gay friends to relax in their jacuzzi. They turned off the whirlpool so we can sit in the calm water and drink a glass of wine. Honey, we all noticed semen floating on the surface...one of my gay friends demanded to know "who farted". Like, really? I said these people aren't right. I got out, went home and changed my mind about gay marriages honey!
common sense

Box Hill, Australia

#5734 Sep 22, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
"Normal" people who believe in God don't find the need to shove THEIR version of God down somebody else's throat.
Whether, or not, two gay men are engaging in anal sex is no concern of yours (yet you can't stop thinking about it).
I spend no time contemplating who and what you do in the bedroom. Why do you spend so much time contemplating the dirty, lewd, disgusting, freakish, abhorrent, vile and wicked things that gay people do?????
IM not shoving my religious beliefs down your throat and what you do in your bedroom i have absolutely no interest in .Its in fact you freaks that are shoving your sex lives and abnormal way of life down our throats and changing our traditions,cultures and beliefs by making us pretend that your normal .
common sense

Box Hill, Australia

#5735 Sep 22, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I should change a point of reality because you are tired of it?
Or because you are trying to shame me into excusing anal sex because I what?
You are desperate, aren't you.
Kimare i must say i enjoy reading your posts and like the way you stand up to poor unfortunate abnormal individuals with their lies ,distorted truths and twisting of facts.Its good to see somenone on these forums making them look stupid and showing them the reality of the situation.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#5736 Sep 22, 2013
As long as they sue their neighbors for declining to attend same sex weddings; we'll never have tolerance.

Location hidden

#5737 Sep 23, 2013
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, you apparently are unfamiliar with the Great Commission,'go into all the world'...

As to anal abuse, my sphincter seizes up in a violent charlie horse just saying the words... However, when you claim your relationship is just like marriage, the equating of natural healthy intercourse with the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal sex is offensive. When you seek too identify and equate your relationship with the sacred and special relationship of marriage, I won't be silent.

If common sense were not important, you wouldn't bother responding.

Location hidden

#5739 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
As long as they sue their neighbors for declining to attend same sex weddings; we'll never have tolerance.
Good to see you back Brian.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5740 Sep 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words......YOU DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE ANYTHING FOR OTHERS......Yet you want laws tell people who they can and can not marry.....WOW.......
No, my words are that you can freely marry, but the State has no obligation to subsidize yours or anyone else's marriage. Every church can freely decide to accept or reject your application for marriage.

The State should not be in the business of carrying out marriages, especially if they intend to meddle in the code of conduct required to honor such a contract. I suggest that the State should not be in the business of conducting any kinds of religious activity. They should stop sponsoring military and prison services. They should remove the word "god" from all documents, rituals and currency.

You want to have your cake and eat it too. It's ALL about the money!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5741 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Not my opinion. SCOTUS has noted the fact many times.
You are barking up the wrong tree.
SCOTUS also used to judge in favor of slavery any other things that have long fallen by the wayside.

The context is the current day. YOU have declared YOUR opinion. Let SCOTUS do what they do, where they do it. All I'm doing is pointing out to all those who read this forum that you are part of the current generation of Ponzi scammers. You want the next generation to pay for the largess of your generation and you hide behind lies and silence to keep the status quo.

The government is about to default or go into debt so deep that we won't be able to dig ourselves out.. The president is eager to get us into another war. The world can't stop bickering and a minute fraction of our population goes on earning 90 percent of the wealth while you are quite content to cripple the youth of this country who face chronic personal debt as well as the collective debt of the country.

You are irresponsible AND a flaming hypocrite!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5742 Sep 23, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not WE THE PEOPLE of the USA...Also we have the Constitution which [protects us from religious rule.
As long as you expect government money and quotas, I don't consider you "we the people" either.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#5743 Sep 23, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, you apparently are unfamiliar with the Great Commission,'go into all the world'...
As to anal abuse, my sphincter seizes up in a violent charlie horse just saying the words... However, when you claim your relationship is just like marriage, the equating of natural healthy intercourse with the inherently harmful, unhealthy and demeaning act of anal sex is offensive. When you seek too identify and equate your relationship with the sacred and special relationship of marriage, I won't be silent.
If common sense were not important, you wouldn't bother responding.
Your sphincter seized up when asked to answer a yes/no question.

Your views on marriage strike me as likely to also be quite the one-way street. Is that why you spend so much time on the forum?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#5744 Sep 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you expect government money and quotas, I don't consider you "we the people" either.
You don't believe that it's okay for taxpayers to receive some of their own tax money back under certain circumstances? I mean, ALL "government" money comes out of our pockets.

Straight married couples demand such things on a daily basis. I doubt they are going to offer to pay even MORE in taxes, just to please you.

Location hidden

#5745 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Just like those pesky black people who REFUSED to leave those lunch counters! They had no respect for the moral and religious views of those honest business owners that refused to serve them based on their beliefs!
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5746 Sep 23, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my words are that you can freely marry, but the State has no obligation to subsidize yours or anyone else's marriage. Every church can freely decide to accept or reject your application for marriage.
The State should not be in the business of carrying out marriages, especially if they intend to meddle in the code of conduct required to honor such a contract. I suggest that the State should not be in the business of conducting any kinds of religious activity. They should stop sponsoring military and prison services. They should remove the word "god" from all documents, rituals and currency.
You want to have your cake and eat it too. It's ALL about the money!
I agree with you. Marriage should have never been a government deal. And no one should be forced to do anything other then not stomp on other rights.
This nation was doing great until we started adding the In god crap/ Our nation as formed as a secular nation. Christians cant stand that.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5747 Sep 23, 2013
Anonymous....t as long as government is into civil contract marriage it should be for all people..

Location hidden

#5748 Sep 23, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
IM not shoving my religious beliefs down your throat and what you do in your bedroom i have absolutely no interest in .Its in fact you freaks that are shoving your sex lives and abnormal way of life down our throats and changing our traditions,cultures and beliefs by making us pretend that your normal .
So, you see gay people having sex everywhere you turn? Why haven't I seen any such thing?

Perhaps, what you mean to say is that you can't stop obsessing about the sex you fantasize gay people are having, and can't keep sex out of your mind whenever you hear about gay people marrying.

You really can't see that this is perversion that is coming "straight" out of YOUR mind? Your obsessions? YOUR inability to stop imagining other people having sex.

Location hidden

#5750 Sep 23, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read your own post? First, you claim NOT to having any interest in other people's sex lives, and then you go into a rant about the sex you imagine gay people are having, and how they are forcing it on you by valuing marriage..

You have a problem. When gay folks marry, you should not immediately start fantasizing about the sex they might be having. It's downright creepy.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5751 Sep 23, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Get lost you pathetic [email protected] piece of illiterate sh!t.
It would be funny to watch you crap your pants and run if you faced me and tried to make me.....RUN OFF PUNK BEFORE YOU GET HURT..I am a real adult man,not a little child like you deal with right pervert.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#5754 Sep 23, 2013
Florida Gator wrote:
<quoted text>
Real men don't su;ck d!ck or take one up their a:ss, like you.
I have told you before I am not gay or even bi.....But even if I was I could still snap your inbred neck without any work. I mean your what 50+ years old huge beer belly weak wimpy noodle arms and a bad heart from eating piles of greasy food and drinking beer for decades...

You see I am a real man. Your a old out of shape wimp...RUN OFF NOW PUNK.

By the way I do know 4 gay men......They all could rip you apart without breaking a sweat punk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 214,656
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 6
Jess Chapman 12 hr I wanted you back 1
Need Urgent Financial assistance or Loan? Conta... (Jun '13) 16 hr Lisa 15
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 hr The Donald_ 59,545
fun with kimmie 18 hr Gold6242 1
News As Lake Mead dwindles, can an interstate water ... 18 hr Three Psyche 3
More from around the web