Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#54530 Jul 10, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at this map you idiot.
http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx...
America has by far the most serial killers of all nations.
America: 208
Germany: 17
Why does America produce so many Serial Killers?
The second most serial killers are from (what a surprise) from Britain (50).
Do you have any explanation for this?
That is a very interesting question. I didn't know that. I do want to verify that it is true.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54531 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a very interesting question. I didn't know that. I do want to verify that it is true.
Not just cereal killers, rapists too. Captain Crunch's nude body was discovered in a drainage ditch in North Hollywood.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54532 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you factor in the Nazis, and you should, Germany has way more serial killers than the USA has. Some real pieces of work.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wacky Germans

Elkhorn, WI

#54533 Jul 10, 2014
<quoted text>
How stupid is that?
In Germany, the victim agrees to be eaten. You Germans do like it kinky.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54534 Jul 10, 2014
<quoted text>
I think you meant "Fahrvergnügen".
<quoted text>
That's typical American. It is never useless to speak foreign languages.
There is no need for me to speak English. Despite of all I practice my English even though I don't like English and I prefer Dutch and Turkish. Honestly Dutch isn't a real foreign language for me because I grew up in the near of the border of Germany and the Netherlands and I have some relatives in the Netherlands. Therefore I picked up some Dutch in my childhood. The Dutch are very close related to the Germans.
Nobody cares.

Stay on topic or be ignored.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#54535 Jul 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just cereal killers, rapists too. Captain Crunch's nude body was discovered in a drainage ditch in North Hollywood.
Covered in lucky charms! I knew that leprechaun was no good....ever since he introduced marshmallow rainbows......

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54536 Jul 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Look at this map you idiot.
http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx...
America has by far the most serial killers of all nations.
America: 208
Germany: 17
Why does America produce so many Serial Killers?
The second most serial killers are from (what a surprise) from Britain (50).
Do you have any explanation for this?
Which country has more Hitlers? Do you need a map for that? How many did he kill?

Is this why you have this bizarre psychological need to denigrate other countries, because you are so self-conscious about the atrocities of your own? If you aren't, you should be.

The topic is gay marriage. Go.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#54537 Jul 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
One man and one woman as husband and wife. Equal protection. Applies to all men and all women.
<quoted text>
One man and one woman as husband and wife. Equal protection. Applies to all men and all women. Ethnicity is irrelevant. Husband AND wife.
Not anymore.

The ability for me to marry a woman is as useless as the ability for you to marry a man.

Stop telling me I have something I don't. It's disingenuous and stupid.

You lost. It's over. Marriage is what I say it is, not what you say it is. Deal with it.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54538 Jul 10, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Which country has more Hitlers? Do you need a map for that? How many did he kill?
Is this why you have this bizarre psychological need to denigrate other countries, because you are so self-conscious about the atrocities of your own? If you aren't, you should be.
The topic is gay marriage. Go.
You tell him Tony! Up his snout with a can of kraut!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#54539 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as inventive as a gay Christian at an orgy. The reason Germans speak English is because of WW2 and not because of how the Europeans treated the Native American Population. You forget that there were English, German, Irish, Italian, Swedish etc etc etc before there were Americans. American cities still have European ghetto's, Little Italy, Chinatown, etc etc etc etc.
The reason so many American's have no interest in foreign languages is because Government is in charge of public education. It is almost like the desire to achieve is beat out of children when their parents deliver them to the Indoctrination Centers.
We have a home in Mexico and for the most part I meet more English speaking Mexicans in Mexico than I do around here where I live in California. The last lady I lived with taught English as a Second Language. I love it when I am in Mexico, the people are warm, friendly and inviting. The ocean water is warm the beaches are clean, it really is paradise. Germany is a little too cold for me.
Our last housekeeper had a daughter who grew up with both Spanish and English and in school she studied French. She was offered a job in Spain, she told us they asked her, well of course you speak Spanish and English, do you speak any foreign languages?
My cousin when she first moved to Germany had a similar situation, Well of course you speak German and English, do you speak any foreign languages. English is not considered a foreign language.
I disagree with your assessment of American education entirely. The main reason why America is bad at many aspects of education is primarily because we are a diversity saturated culture to begin with. Ego defenses build barriers against unnecessary subtleties and dominance behaviors that are a part of a language's role in a culture. We are far more obsessed with being "cool" than with actually understanding what actually is "cool". Otherwise, we are about the same as any other culture. We really don't scratch the surface on actual empathy and therefore aren't likely to genuinely transcend to understand a foreign culture.

Case and point, I'm a bit old and prone to a bit of a struggle in hearing. I work regularly with Indian and other ethnic groups in the technology field. I get EXTREMELY frustrated with working with many Indian techs who seem to deliberately slur their speech when they do not feel secure in their knowledge of a situation.

My background is largely military and my reflexive response is to metaphorically chase the scared puppy who tries to flee when I don't get, but must have, lucid information. I know that my intuitive response is not accepted in the civilian world but it is the response that I know works as long as an adult is addressing the world as an adult, as I understand one to be an adult.

That probably doesn't fly in a caste driven culture. A member of a higher caste does not cruelly demand things of a lower caste. It is beneath them. At the same time, the honor I wish to respect in the individual is being denied by the act tolerating slurred language and letting the individual lapse into known behavior patterns of subservience. It's not very military to accept mediocrity. Western honor invites one to correct their mistakes. Eastern castes simply avoid putting burdens on those who have been classified as below the challenge.

European attitudes are far different in the area of language. It's considered an honor to be able to function in the local culture without help. In truth, I don't think that many people reach that area of making the quantum leap to "feeling" or the emotional nature of language, but for most Europeans, simple etiquette is a dignity that surpasses most any other cultural value.

Americans don't get the culture thing, but then again, "American" doesn't mean a subset of "European" in almost any American definition, nor should it! YOU tell ME what should define "American".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truth aka Varitas

Opa Locka, FL

#54540 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is an excellent video. I hope it gets lots of hits.
I'm glad to know changing my name gets me a positive start. I don't understand why when I post my views with a new name that I get , different responses than I usually do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cosmo

Anonymous Proxy

#54542 Jul 10, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz wrote:Why does America produce so many Serial Killers?

Serial killers heritage happens to be German. Do your homework.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Cali Girl 2014

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#54543 Jul 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>You tell him Tony! Up his snout with a can of kraut!
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54544 Jul 10, 2014
Truth aka Varitas wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad to know changing my name gets me a positive start. I don't understand why when I post my views with a new name that I get , different responses than I usually do.
I post "Nice weather today" and get 50 negative judge-its. Ah good times. By the way, nice weather today.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54545 Jul 10, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!
Ah good times! Screw Adolf.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cosmo

Anonymous Proxy

#54546 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but the question was about if in English when you quote something if the punctuation, in this case a question mark goes inside the quote or after it. For instance he quoted "hided?" like that and I am saying the question mark should have been last, like this "hided"?
I am saying he made fun of someone's English and then I believe he made a mistake.
When we quote something and we add punctuation to it, doesn't the punctuation go after the quote?
"hided?" or "hided"? Which is correct? The word quoted is in a sentence so the '?' is not part of the original sentence and I believe it should be AFTER the quote and not included with in it.
google

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
HMT 123

Honolulu, HI

#54547 Jul 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest mistake I see Americans making with English is writing 'your' when they should write 'you're'[you are] instead. Another often repeated error is 'there' instead of 'their'.
You should have used 'hid' instead of "hided" but I believe the one who criticized you for it was incorrect when he wrote "Hided?" instead of "Hided"? I would like some comment on which is correct. Does anyone in here know for sure which is the correct English? Please say so.
I write ur for you're because it takes too long to write and punctuate.
even though I type I HATE the keypad! too slow- it's like it was made upside down and deliberately counter-intuitive.
I've read about the qwerty system where they say it was designed for .....
hold on, i'm gonna go educate myself more on this-

luv u ALL !
8:17 PM pst

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cosmo

Anonymous Proxy

#54548 Jul 10, 2014
deutscher Nationalstolz drunk about now laying in a puddle of his urine and vomit, wear the same clothes three four more days.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54549 Jul 10, 2014
Shots and beers! Dabs! Tennessee whiskey, Pabst Blue Ribbon and OG melt. Ah good times.

Girlfriend out of town maybe get an out call midget hooker later. One with bodacious ta-tas and a juicy snapper! Who wants to party with Frankie!

Ah good times. Will send photos.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#54550 Jul 10, 2014
Cosmo wrote:
deutscher Nationalstolz drunk about now laying in a puddle of his urine and vomit, wear the same clothes three four more days.
LMAO!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 hr Justice Dale 243,089
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,291
News Drug companies sue to block California drug pri... Sat Solarman 1
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Sat REM 24
nanci pelosi bringing God's judgment on california Dec 8 upsidedown 3
News Man rescues rabbit from California wildfires, i... Dec 7 Solarman 1
News The Latest: Thousands flee Southern California ... Dec 7 Martha 3
More from around the web