Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61362 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#46297 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Gays have marriage equality, but only at the price of having to change the definition and understanding of marriage.
That's like saying you have a car by changing the definition of car to include bicycles, but you still have only a bicycle.
No, the definition remains the same: two non-related, consenting adults.

Tell me, Chuck, what does my marriage take from yours? What have you lost? Be careful how you answer because this is the foundation of why/how we keep winning case after case and judges are over-ruling marriage bans.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#46298 May 12, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, fundie, it's not.
Marriage is a legal contract.
Talk about false...your god!
-
Ok! Marriage is a legal contract that has nothing to do with biology, sex and the sexual roles of the two genders. Do you agree with this?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bruno

Temecula, CA

#46299 May 12, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You dopey jarhead. I am charging him to bang YOU, not me.$20. Might give him a Memorial Day discount.
As long as I keep Unc in hot Marines, he pays me $20 a pop. But even better, he doesn't chase MY squidly bod around the room. That and I souped up my hover round with a 450Watt motor. It runs like a raped ape! I clocked 28MPH on the way to the liquor store. Then I threw my half empty beer at a cop car hit him square in the back window beer foaming all over it.
Just one of those things happened before I gave it proper thought. It seemed like a good thing to do in the millisecond I did it.The cop screeches to a halt backs up and says "WTF?!" I said "Back off man I'm a veteran". He says yeah well, don't throw beer at cars anymore next time I'll arrest you.
Ah good times! Being old and in a hover round has it's advantages.
I can outrun the neighbors' Rottweiler that wants to kill me or f*** me I'm not sure which (and I don't wanna stick around to find out) on this thing. I put flames on the side like a 50's hot rod. And a safety flag that says "I Heart Boobs". Ah good times! Beer cooler and cup holder too. For roadies.
Your uncle Guido is looking for your butt rizzo, hop to it stupid

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#46300 May 12, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Your uncle Guido is looking for your butt rizzo, hop to it stupid
Witty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#46303 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way you can be married to a woman is if you were a man.
Just Saying
Wrong again IDIOT.....I have been married to my wife for almost 6 years.........and every day it has been legal, valid and recognized at the State level and now federally recognized for the last year:-)

And I am definitely NOT a man!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#46304 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
Ummm, nope......I do admit your a frucking idiot though!!!

#46305 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
How do you know what most gay men do? You are a lesbian, and as faraway from men, gay or straight, as you can be. You have no idea what makes men tick,
So, because I'm a Lesbian that means I DON'T have Gay men who are my friends? Or straight men who are friends as well? Man, are you really this stupid? You obviously know NOTHING about what I do or don't know......but please continue to spew your horse shiet.......it makes you look pathetic!!!
Norton

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#46306 May 12, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again IDIOT.....I have been married to my wife for almost 6 years.........and every day it has been legal, valid and recognized at the State level and now federally recognized for the last year:-)
And I am definitely NOT a man!!!
Who pretends to be the husband you or your wife? Who wears the strap-on?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

#46307 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
No, they are not marriages.
We can go back and forth all day long and it still DOESN'T change the fact that I am legally married to my wife and you can call it whatever the hell ya like, it's still a marriage under the eyes of the State and federal Governments!!!

By the way.....California has DIFFERENT requirements for a DP and it costs a lot less than a marriage license does........and they are treated DIFFERENTLY by the State and Federal Governments!!!

#46308 May 12, 2014
R1 wrote:
STFU azzw!pe!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46310 May 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, gays are attempting to redefine marriage.
Words describe reality. Ss couples are inferior to marriage.
That is not bigotry, it is obvious fact.
How's it working out that after all of this legal manipulation, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gender halves of marriage?
Smile.
<quoted text>
You proved nothing.
The color of skin is hardly equatable to a missing gender.
Nor is it 'bigotry' to note that distinction.
Really poor logic.
SMile.
Pay attention and try to follow along. You got sidetracked because I mentioned black people, and you couldn't follow after that, because of your knee-jerk denial.

I was not equating skin color to sexual orientation (although I absolutely will.) But for now, so as not to distract you and your limited capacity to follow along, I will point out that I was talking about the institution of marriage (and other institutions.)

When you broaden the demographics of people who can be included in any institution, you do not "redefine" the institution.

Why didn't you dispute that legal recognition of interracial marriage did not "redefine" marriage?

Certainly the people like you at the time screamed that it did.

We know it didn't.

You're the same as they are, a defective bigot. You irrationally claim a redefinition of marriage when it is simply a broadening of participants in the institution.

Be careful, your head may explode.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46312 May 12, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
We are talking about the horrific position children are put by the fraud of gay marrage.
Today, there will be a child with two 'moms' and no dad.
On purpose.
One of those women will be the favorite. The other will have the deepest sense of rejection a woman can feel. Especially if she is the birth mother. YOU put a child in that position.
On Father's Day, that child will be painfully aware of what YOU deprived them of.
And gays are okay with that.
Sad and sick.
<quoted text>
Just 'stuff it'? Is that your solution???
Others 'make' children notice they don't have a mother to hug, or a father shouting on their behalf? How stupid do you think children are??? They have to be taught to miss that???
Stay away from kids freak!
Your recent posts are indicating your lack of intelligence and ability to think and reason (even more so than usual.)

Yes, they have to be taught to miss that. Ask a 4 year old raised by her mother if she misses her father. She doesn't.

Stop acting hysterical.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46313 May 12, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way you can be married to a woman is if you were a man.
Just Saying
You need a reality check.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46314 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
So, you admit that most gay men are pederasts, and lesbians have penis envy. Okay……
Have you given up?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46315 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
You are the example of what defeat in argument looks like.
In your dreams, bigot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46316 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Hey! Rose! If I had same-sex attractions, don't you think I'd feel same-sex attractions? But, I don't feel any same-sex attractions. How do you explain that?
The same way I don't feel any opposite-sex attractions. You don't get any bonus points for that.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46317 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
No, they are not marriages. They are no more marriages than a can of coned beef is pickled herring just because it is labelled pickled herring. Calling "domestic partnerships" "marriage" is simply false labelling, and if it were a commercial product, the producer could be sued. If you examine the underlying assumptions of marriage in same-sex marriage states, you'd find these are the same pertaining to domestic partnerships. In fact, the rulings of courts in favor of gay marriage even explicitly invoke these same assumptions. So, you are completely wrong.
We're not calling "domestic partnerships" marriage. We're calling marriages marriage, dumbass.

You are the one attempting to deny the reality in front of your face because you are too weak to handle it like a normal man. Normal men are not threatened by gay people or their marriages.

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46318 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Yes, your marriages are different. The proof is that same-sex couples are not equal to opposite-sex couples, because men and women are not sexually equal to each other. Unless, you are referring to your domestic partnerships that are falsely labelled "marriages."
How bad of a mental deficiency must you have to so desperately need to believe that?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46319 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
It is false labelling, whatever you want to call it.
It is pure denial on your part, because that is what it is called.

You are one of the last bastion of people who can't seem to learn. You pointlessly resist the inevitable and the factual.

You have to ask yourself why? What's wrong with you that puts you in that position?

Fort Lauderdale FL

#46321 May 12, 2014
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>-
Gays have marriage equality, but only at the price of having to change the definition and understanding of marriage.
Only to stupid people who can't grasp simple concepts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California now world's 5th largest economy, sur... 15 min Gray Water 15
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Chicagoan by Birth 243,607
News California: The Crazy State 1 hr guest 343
News Is a new Southern California job worth a $24,40... 13 hr ThomasA 2
News California bans state travel to Oklahoma over i... Fri Annie Oakly 13
News Disabled Veteran's Life Ruined By Illegal Immig... Fri davy 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri TheFartingClintone 64,852