Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
42,141 - 42,160 of 54,845 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45868 May 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
The overwhelming majority of children forced into marriage are forced into monogamy..
Let's see the data, Flunkie. We know you don't have any.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45869 May 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
Why do you wish to ban marriage for polygamists?
That train left the station almost 200 years ago.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45870 May 10, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the nice married lesbian throuple in Massachusetts!
They aren't legally married.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45871 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see the data, Flunkie. We know you don't have any.
Any moron knows there are far more monogamous marriages than polygamous. If you want the data, look it up moron.

If you wish to continue to insist NO children are forced into monogamy, only into polygamy, prove it Miss Thing. Good luck! We won't wait.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45872 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is good that they aren't allowed to legally marry? You couldn't legally marry a man until recently. That wasn't good. Why is bigotry good when you do it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45873 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
That train left the station almost 200 years ago.
It's coming back into the station. Another half-assed try at an argument though. Real proud of you for that.

Polygamy should stay illegal because that train has left the station. Priceless.

Get a real argument.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45874 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
ASSume away, Flunkie.
Silly me! I assumed you were against polygamy. Mainly because you obviously are. But you have absolutely no valid arguments.

Now where have we heard that before? Ah yes. The Great Rose_BlowHole. Thousands of posts and not one valid argument against poly marriage.

All you have is angry ad hominem, straw men, appeals to tradition and other logical fallacies.

But it's fun trying to get a real argument out of you. Causes you to post the same exact stupid bigotry and nonsense they used against gay marriage. Like a puppet.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45875 May 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are born with desires to suck cocks, other learn to do it after then go to church a couple of times. Who cares, it is none of your business what other peaceful individuals do with other consenting adults.
Your refusal to mind your own business is an abomination and a crime against humanity. Too bad you didn't have parents to teach you how to be a decent human being.
Uh-oh! Preparing your announcement, I see! You were "almost" born gay but then the Debil made you do it! Is that going to be the gist of your little Mexican hat dance?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45876 May 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I miss Frankie too Poof. Funny how everything you have ever complained about him, you have done yourself 10 times as often. That makes you a hypocrite doesn't it.
You call people sugar nipples and Frankie calls you fruit loops, the only difference is you are gay and he is straight, and you have decided all by yourself that if gay people do it it is good but if straight people do the same exact thing it is bad. How subjective Poof. No wonder Frankie is always pointing out this double standard and hypocrisy of yours.
And you and Frankie both engage in this metaphorical form of weenie bumping with fervor. What exactly IS the moral of this story anyway? Please tell me it doesn't have something to do with judgeits.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45877 May 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Any moron knows there are far more monogamous marriages than polygamous. If you want the data, look it up moron.
If you wish to continue to insist NO children are forced into monogamy, only into polygamy, prove it Miss Thing. Good luck! We won't wait.
I'm still waiting for you to prove that the "overwhelming majority" are forced into monogamous marriages.

Go ahead. Prove it.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45878 May 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is good that they aren't allowed to legally marry? You couldn't legally marry a man until recently. That wasn't good. Why is bigotry good when you do it?
Um..... where do you see the word 'good' in that response?
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#45880 May 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
It's coming back into the station. Another half-assed try at an argument though. Real proud of you for that.
Polygamy should stay illegal because that train has left the station. Priceless.
Get a real argument.
You write: "Polygamy should stay illegal because that train has left the station," and infer it was my idea..... and then you say "get a real argument?" Evidently you have no concept of what is real.

Just thinking about you taking the G.R.E. to get into grad school makes me giggle.
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45881 May 10, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Being a homophobe is.
Get help.
So says Dr. Topix. Still not interested in the trash talk and I don't co-opt other culture groups like Marines in an effort to be a stand-up comic.

Everyone has to make choices, Marines too. I don't choreograph trash-talk for them anymore than I would for gays. I may have my own witicisms but I won't hype them because they are individual in nature and even eighteen-year-old trained killers in the military have to grow up in many ways.

Being someone else's mouthpiece screws up the process of maturation for yourself and those who you would try to market to the world. Might as well go back to your "Jabba the Hutt" routine. The only other option is to be an alchoholic politician.

Of course, you're already a bit of a two-face so I guess you'd be the final realization of the triune brain(tm). Not sure if brains have much to do with it though. Professional victim/politician/hedonist really IS kind of the ultimate in contradictory personalities.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45882 May 10, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't seen personal attacks yet. I'm from Jersey. You'll know when I'm personally attacking you.
OoooOoOoOOoHh! You're from JERSEY!!! You're an AUTHORITY on personal attacks!

I hate to tell you this, but the normal dialog of civil behavior suggests that you're engaged in a personal attack when the person you're addressing SAYS you're engaging in a personal attack. At that point, you're somewhat obligated to address those concerns unless you really are socially indifferent. Well..... that goes without saying.

BUT you're just here to beat your chest so carry on, Mr. Greenjeans.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45883 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Um..... where do you see the word 'good' in that response?
You have repeatedly implied that it is good that polygamy is not allowed, because children are forced into marriage. So therefore we should keep polygamy illegal.

You have repeatedly implied that it is not good if SSM is not allowed. And that no children are ever forced into monogamy, only into polygamy. Don't you feel silly about your logic fail even a little bit?

Are you going to continue to lie that no children are forced into monogamy Miss Thing? You might actually believe that. No one else does.

Children are forced into monogamy yet you don't want to ban monogamy. So you now take the position that NO children were ever forced into monogamy. See where your bullsh!t leads you? Own it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#45884 May 10, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
And you and Frankie both engage in this metaphorical form of weenie bumping with fervor. What exactly IS the moral of this story anyway? Please tell me it doesn't have something to do with judgeits.
The moral of the story is that many SSM supporters are bigots and hypocrites. They use the same dumb arguments against polygamy that were used against SSM.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#45885 May 10, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, let us say you are right and everyone who enjoys gay sex chooses to enjoy it. The Constitution of the United States protects your right to engage in any peaceful non-violent activity with other consenting adults when everyone agrees, voluntarily to engage in it.
It matters not if one is born gay or if one just wants to do it. It still is none of your business and you are the offensive one for telling other people they are making the wrong choice.
Why is having sex with a man a wrong choice? What is wrong with it? And please do not repeat all your old stale wholly unconvincing assertions that have all been rejected already. The bottom line is if someone wants to stick his dick in someones mouth who wants to have it in his mouth the Government has the responsibility to protect their right to do so, and has the responsibility to stop you from trying to preventing them from doing so.
Wouldn't you rather be having a good time instead of trying to make people feel bad? There is something really sick and perverted about what you do here.
When you abuse your body in that way for a "good time" it is absolutely wrong.
Sex should be between a married man and woman, not two filthy drunk messed up in the head dudes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45886 May 10, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Conspiracy, paranoia, delusion...cray-cray!
P.S. You are entirely impotent to do anything "in the name of nastiness," no matter how crazy you are.
Next stop: rubber room.
You do realize that World War 2 happened within the lifetimes of many people still alive to this day. Unfortunately, I think there will be a great loss to the collective identity of our global culture when that generation is gone. It seems that they are the only people left who realize that things can get as crazy as they did and that most of the people back then were very much caught up in the thick of it.

Whether or not you see things the way I do really doesn't matter. What matters is that thing that I describe as bad karma running full circle and not correcting itself. Alan has run full circle MANY times and his bad karma has not caught up with him, but it will!

In your case, you're a social outcast to begin with. You might find a home among the next generation of metaphorical brownshirts and then again, you might not. I won't predict it. I will simply be a catalyst for your bad karma. Maybe I'll tempt you into making really bad choices that you will have to pay for. Maybe I'll scare you away from that abyss.

THAT is the problem that you simply cannot overcome. You depend on the fallacy that a human being has a vain emotional commitment in the things they do and you try to exploit their decadence in your helter-skelter world of gay politics.

The reality is that I am like every other human being who has to adjust for changing circumstances. Sometimes that results in bad choreography, but I'm not some Daddy Warbucks who can buy his audience off, and thus I don't try! In short, there's nothing crazy about avoiding a fight that one can't win.

The only REAL moral defense you have is in fact, attention to that morality. Thus far, you have demonstrated that you are fully decided that morality is implicitly linked to your own financial prosperity, and you are fully willing to take that monomania to a radical extreme. The bad karma HAS run full circle but you're still too timid to take it to the next level so you're projecting. Rather than acknowledge your own crazy moral and social break, you're projecting in hope of appealing to the selfishness of others, regardless as to whether or not your collective selfish agendas can co-exist.

This is a win-win for me. I demonstrate your mental illness to those who matter and I turn up the mania a notch for those in the funny farm. What do you have left? Going to correct my grammar and spelling? Going to recite the old conservative adage that "it's better to keep silent and let people think you're a fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt"?

Silly Billy! You're on a discussion forum! You're either here to talk or you're just trolling. Checkmate, three times over!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Fremont, CA

#45887 May 10, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The moral of the story is that many SSM supporters are bigots and hypocrites. They use the same dumb arguments against polygamy that were used against SSM.
Too bad Alan has just as many bad arguments. He has to reconcile his absolute belief in Libertarian philosophy with the genuine need to maintain order in a largely criminal world, something I think he has VERY little exposure to.

In your case, you just seem interested in screwing up the Gay logic. Whether or not you genuinely care aboout the polygamists of the world doesn't seem to enter into your debate.

My question DOES kind of apply to you as much as Alan. Are you just metaphorically boinking weenies for fun here or are you being a bit of a disingenuous troll who's playing innocent? If you are a troll who wants to hose up the gay marriage agenda, why do you keep playing along with Alan when you know that he's in the closet?

There isn't a clear rational argument coming from either of you and if I'd rather have a less muddied playing field when I'm making a point about the social dysfuntionality at work in the gay community. I'm not trying to put you off balance but you're kind of in the thick of it!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45888 May 10, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of them are, and there's no reason, to use the logic of the SSM movement, to deny lesbian throuple's the right to marry.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 13 min eJohn 11
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 min Brian_G 46,302
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,361
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 200,577
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Macko mono 5,000
Britain, California to Work Together on Global ... (Aug '06) 5 hr SpaceBlues 5
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 13 hr Tank ever 7,926
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••