Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45108 May 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>How did I miss this gem?
"ALAN: I do not believe that polygamy is the issue Frankie is bringing up but instead the issue, as I see it, is he is bringing up polygamy to show that gays are NOT for marriage equality, as they often frame gay marriage, but only for gay marriage or same sex marriage. Many straight people support gays in their fight to get the government to recognize their same sex marriages, and yet many are opposed to three or more getting married for all the same reasons bigots are opposed to same sex marriage."
"... all the same reasons?" really? Hmmm....
I've NEVER used the phrase "marriage equality." It replaced the phrase "gay marriage" for PR purposes I'm sure. I don't like either. Whatever, it's still about a couple. 50-50 . Legally, it is a completely separate issue. To think that all the bigamy laws would be struck down by the court because of the "moral disapproval" argument, is to be completely na´ve.
Look at the existing countries where polygamy is legal!!!!!!! Is THAT the kind of society you want to live in? Move to Nigeria.
I think 'marrage' for ss couples would be an apropo identification.

SMile.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#45109 May 5, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU !!
Well, that is certainly a breath of fresh air.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45110 May 5, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol --- don't waste your time explaining anything to butt boi rizzo. He only knows being bent over t he kitchen table with his face in a plate of speggetti while is uncle Guido is stuffing his sausage in his exit hole. Sorry for the graphic explanation, but some people just don't get it. rizzo is a dumb jackass
I just wasted my time reading your post. Won't happen again.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45111 May 5, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, you and Frankie are both batshiet crazy, WTF are you smoking?
Call me crazy all you want. The obvious fact is that you do not deny using the judge-its when you were the only one online at the same time as me. That is because you know I have PROOF! If only two people are posting in this thread, and I didn't use the judge-its you are the only one who could have. I didn't, you did.

Every site you go to and what you do there leaves your isp address. Don't be surprised when the NSA pays you a visit. Do you know what you were doing at 8am this morning? The NSA does.

Are you enjoying all the up grades to the internet this last week? Surprise, your computer may be faster than ever but so is what people know about what you do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#45112 May 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you never stepped foot in anything but horseshit. Your link is about girls in polygamous countries being sold into marriage. You made MY point.
Now let's hear the spin.
Spin class! YUK! YUK! YUCK! Good times, free willy.
No spin. Way more girls are forced into monogamy than into polygamy. WAY more. The problem is not polygamy's fault. More monogamists do it than polygamists but you don't want to ban monogamy. Do you understand this simple concept Miss Thing?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45113 May 5, 2014
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a fundie? Dude back away from the crack pipe, you don't have the brain cells to spare. I don't force religion on anyone. I have an Idea, take your traveling Skeptics road show to the Christian threads, or are you a chicken shiet?
You accused me of being bat shit crazy. You claim I hate America. If anyone is sucking the crack pipe it is you. If people want to know about me they can read my posts they do not need a deceitful dishonest authoritarian state-ist like yourself to tell them about me.

I have visited the Christian threads, they make you Mary, look like Mary Poppins. Christians hate facts more than gay authoritarians do.

Do you know of any discussions where only normal gays partake? I am sick of all you revenge filled, hateful, over-reacting hot headed low IQ'd Sissy-Mary's posting one insult after another.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#45114 May 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wasted my time reading your post. Won't happen again.
Bruno is a dopey jarhead, he secretly likes me. I let him call me gay etc because he was in the battle of Khe Sanh. I'd buy the homophobic jarhead a beer for that. I think he easily gets a crush on sailors, all Marines do. But why'd he have to pick me? Ah good times!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#45115 May 5, 2014
Cali Girl 2014 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can anyone live on Catalina? Do
you have to "apply" to live there?
People like Bruno are usually banned after one visit. Can't imagine anyone wanting him living there. Normal people can purchase homes that are for sale. Its a bit pricy for what you get.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#45116 May 5, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you never stepped foot in anything but horseshit.
YUK!YUK!YUK! A big 300 lb Samoan gay guy once kicked my ass so bad I sh!t my pants! Then he stepped in it and got even madder. Ah good times! We became sorta friends. He just didn't understand me. His bad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Apr 11

Panorama City, CA

#45117 May 5, 2014
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol --- don't waste your time explaining anything to butt boi rizzo. He only knows being bent over t he kitchen table with his face in a plate of speggetti while is uncle Guido is stuffing his sausage in his exit hole. Sorry for the graphic explanation, but some people just don't get it. rizzo is a dumb jackass
Ever notice how the homophobes like to type out their detailed gay sex fantasies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Panorama City, CA

#45118 May 5, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Poofy misses the point, "gays and lesbians", as individual men and women, can already marry.
Just like black and white people could sit on the bus during Jim Crow.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Panorama City, CA

#45119 May 5, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
So there's only two races, as there are sexes?
<quoted text>
Nature's law, sex between men and women makes babies.

<quoted text>
Good thing sex makes babies, and not the Constitution.
<quoted text>
Men and wome married long before the constitution was penned, and the constitution doesn't address marriage.
<quoted text>
After a great bloody Civil War was fought, and equal protection had nothing to do with marriage, nor altering its legal definition of one man and one woman as husband and wife.
<quoted text>
Nature's law, there are two sexes. Sexual identiy labels are a modern invention.
You post a lot of stupid, irrelevant stuff.
The Constitutions grants all persons equal protection.
Anything to say about that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Panorama City, CA

#45120 May 5, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as that man, or woman, is of the opposite sex, they can.
That's like saying as long as they are of the same race they can.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<
In other words, a lesbian is still a woman, and as such she can legally marry like another woman.
But a man can't. That violates equal protection as both men and women are persons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Panorama City, CA

#45121 May 5, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
People like Bruno are usually banned after one visit. Can't imagine anyone wanting him living there. Normal people can purchase homes that are for sale. Its a bit pricy for what you get.
:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Panorama City, CA

#45123 May 5, 2014
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Tony C, I have a serious question for you and any of your gay buddies who whould like to chime in.
How do I explain to my eight year old about gayness?
I'm straight, this is how my dad explained it to me:
"Some men like women, some like men."
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
Is gayness right or wrong, good or bad? Since you types are so "open" these days please let me know how to explain this to a young boy?
"Some men like women, some like men."

You homophobes are the ones who think you need to go into morality and give kids detailed explanations of particular sex acts.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45125 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Tony C, I have a serious question for you and any of your gay buddies who whould like to chime in.
How do I explain to my eight year old about gayness? Is gayness right or wrong, good or bad? Since you types are so "open" these days please let me know how to explain this to a young boy?
It's more likely that your 8 year old can explain it to you. Well, he/she can try anyway.

Panorama City, CA

#45126 May 5, 2014
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, you have no children and graduated at the bottom third of your public high school class.
You're right about the first thing, I was smart enough to figure out how to use birth control.:)
I pass gas smarter than you.
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
There is no such thing as homophobia
Yes there is.
Look at all the homophobic posts in this forum.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#45129 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can only say this about fear of homosexuals. I would NEVER allow a gay man to be around my boy alone without constant adult supervision. And if a gay man even laid a finger on my child I would either be dead or he would be hurt very very badly.
Enough Said
News flash, old man. Gay men are actually LESS likely to be pedophiles than their straight counter-parts. Go do some research, because you don't believe me.

Did you son explain SS attraction to you yet? You'll get it, in time.

Panorama City, CA

#45131 May 5, 2014
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I can only say this about fear of homosexuals. I would NEVER allow a gay man to be around my boy alone without constant adult supervision.
The fact you've molested your child doesn't mean anybody else would want to.
SevenTeeIQ wrote:
And if a gay man even laid a finger on my child I would either be dead or he would be hurt very very badly.
Enough Said
What makes you think anybody would want to touch your kid? Other than to pick it up and toss it into the garbage bin to help improve the gene pool.

Panorama City, CA

#45132 May 5, 2014
Why is "SevenTee" so confused? Some men like women, some like men. Some women like men, some like women.
Wow. Pretty simple stuff.
There is no more reason to believe a gay man would be sexually interested in a boy than there is to believe a straight woman would be.
Let me see..
Which image makes me think about sex...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/young-boy-seri...
No

http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/upl...
Yes

Why would a gay man feel any differently?
Come on, one of you homophobes should be able to come up an answer...
The reality is homophobes are just trying to demonize gay men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans 5 min Wheres your pony 38
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min hojo 64,307
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,090
News Scientists accidentally admit rapid global warm... Mon Fugooo 2
News Drug companies sue to block California drug pri... Dec 9 Solarman 1
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Dec 9 REM 24
nanci pelosi bringing God's judgment on california Dec 8 upsidedown 3
More from around the web