Gay marriage

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman. Full Story

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#4255 Jun 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The donors names and addresses listed on NOM's Schedule B are confidential, it's illegal to release that information. You don't have the right to see your political opponents tax forms and they don't have the right to see yours.
Same sex marriage supporters are bad because they care more for ersatz equality than privacy. Reason 32 for keeping marriage one man and one woman; the IRS.
The IRS should be abolished ASAP.

To replace the lost revenue, institute a national 19% sales tax on all goods sold. It would save the federal government, i.e. the American taxpayers HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. You would eliminate the entire IRS bureaucracy, and not have to replace that bureaucracy, because nearly all the states already collect their own sales taxes. The states would just collect the additional 19% tax, and send it to the federal government.

There would be no deductions or exemptions to complicate the tax laws, and you wouldn't need the large number of tax accountants and tax lawyers.

States have been charging sales taxes for decades, have the system functioning, and it's a lot less complicated system. That's probably why congress is opposed to it.

Think of all the time, effort and hassles that would be saved by eliminating the IRS and just instituting a national sales tax.

Remember that there WAS a time when there was no IRS, and the U.S. got along fine without it.

ELIMINATE THE IRS !

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4257 Jun 23, 2013
I don't believe in abolishing the IRS; the Constitution allows collecting payroll tax and without a Constitutional Amendment to stop it, I don't see that happening. If you abolish the income tax first, then you can change the IRS, to collect sales taxes from vendors. Until then, I oppose a federal sales tax.
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4259 Jun 23, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
To replace the lost revenue, institute a national 19% sales tax on all goods sold. It would save the federal government, i.e. the American taxpayers HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS. You would eliminate the entire IRS bureaucracy, and not have to replace that bureaucracy, because nearly all the states already collect their own sales taxes. The states would just collect the additional 19% tax, and send it to the federal government.
There would be no deductions or exemptions to complicate the tax laws, and you wouldn't need the large number of tax accountants and tax lawyers.
States have been charging sales taxes for decades, have the system functioning, and it's a lot less complicated system. That's probably why congress is opposed to it.
Think of all the time, effort and hassles that would be saved by eliminating the IRS and just instituting a national sales tax.
Remember that there WAS a time when there was no IRS, and the U.S. got along fine without it.
ELIMINATE THE IRS !
sorry but a flat tax would unfairly burden low income people

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#4260 Jun 23, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but a flat tax would unfairly burden low income people
I don't care.
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4261 Jun 23, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care.
I wouldn't pay it anyway... so I don't care... I live pretty much of the economic grid anyway
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4262 Jun 23, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care.
I buy almost everything thru individuals or black market
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4263 Jun 23, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care.
just bought a new in the box pfaff sewing machine straight cash from a person... new in the box... no tax at less than half retail
Lilith_Satans_Wh o_re

Bellevue, WA

#4264 Jun 23, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care.
gee just got around your flat tax.......

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#4265 Jun 24, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
ELIMINATE THE IRS !
when the IRS bureaucracy is gone, we would need to replace it with another to check that all vendors are actually giving up all the sales tax they garner. the switch over and new start up costs for this new bureaucracy will be enormous, thus costing the US citizens billions of dollars.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#4266 Jun 24, 2013
Lilith_Satans_Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but a flat tax would unfairly burden low income people
how is that unfair? they get the same gov't as everyone else. in fact, they get more gov't than wealthy EARNERS...

it would burden them beyond their means to pay their fair share, and it would not be a sound system for a viable tax base for our nation, but it certainly would be an UNFAIR burden on them...

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#4267 Jun 24, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when the IRS bureaucracy is gone, we would need to replace it with another to check that all vendors are actually giving up all the sales tax they garner. the switch over and new start up costs for this new bureaucracy will be enormous, thus costing the US citizens billions of dollars.
WRONG !

As I pointed out, the states already have that bureaucracy in place. All that would be needed is to have the states collect an additional 19% and forward it to the federal government.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#4268 Jun 24, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Honey, the Huffington Po claims NOM's 2008 Schdule B was leaked by an IRS whistleblower; the donors are victims of a federal crime. Do you want me to post the link to the admission again?
This crime is more than a shame.
And in that story, they link to an HRC webpage, that clearly states that the document in question was an FEC filing for Free and Strong America PAC, which is a Romney PAC.

Congratulations, Brian, you have found some less than stellar reporting. You have not found any link between HRC and the purported leak of confidential tax papers.
Brian_G wrote:
Just as L_S is a known defamer of her political opponents. Is it OK for the IRS to harass the administration's political opponents because you don't like them? How does openness in governance equate to illegally leaking confidential tax returns to the HRC, a PAC?
You've yet to prove this assertion, even the head of this office stated under oath before congress that the actions were only in the Cincinnati Office, and were not instructed from Washington or the Executive Branch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

Apparently you are more apt to believe the lies of the likes of Daryl Issa, than to search for the underlying truth.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#4269 Jun 24, 2013
Peace and Love wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it about time for your semi-annual aids check? Don't hurry, give it time to eat away.
Queers are the most disgusting thing on earth. And too stupid to see it. I woudn't piss on one of you if you were on fire.
Why does it upset you that someone's sexual orientation is different from yours?

“Building Better Worlds”

Europa

#4270 Jun 24, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does it upset you that someone's sexual orientation is different from yours?
They're jealous !:)

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4271 Jun 25, 2013
So a friend of mine says he's in a mood. I ask him why and he say's he's had his favourite lunchtime treat ruined. He'll occasionally go to this sandwich shop where they do any variety of sandwich you can imagine. He always gets his favourite which also happens to be their biggest seller. Today he was in the queue chatting with this guy about all sorts of small talk from the weather to sports. He said they were getting along fine and he was a pleasant person. My friend orders his sandwich but as he's leaving with it he hears this other guy at the counter ordering some other sandwich. He said he'd been sure the guy was going to order the same, and he was outraged that he didn't.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4272 Jun 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
The donors names and addresses listed on NOM's Schedule B are confidential, it's illegal to release that information. You don't have the right to see your political opponents tax forms and they don't have the right to see yours.
Same sex marriage supporters are bad because they care more for ersatz equality than privacy. Reason 32 for keeping marriage one man and one woman; the IRS.
No, they are not, half-wit.
"Tax-exempt political organizations may also be required to file Form 990 , including Schedule B. Political organizations must make both of these forms available to the public, including the contributor information." http://www.irs.gov /pub/irs-tege/eo_d isclosure_faqs.pdf

Your assertion that the IRS targeted only conservative groups is also incorrect.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/irs-...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#4273 Jun 25, 2013
I never claimed the IRS targeted ONLY conservative groups, I claimed they targeted conservative groups and leaked confidential tax return information in violation of law. Also note, if the IRS made the schedule B "available to the public", they are in violation of the regulation quoted by lides above; only the filer makes tax filings available, not leakers, the HRC with their excuse of another source or the Huffington Post.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#4274 Jun 25, 2013
"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#4276 Jun 25, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
I never claimed the IRS targeted ONLY conservative groups, I claimed they targeted conservative groups
Which is it Brian, you did claim they targeted the groups, or you didn't. You seem to want to have it both ways. In addition to being fundamentally incorrect as far as your assertion regarding form 990 Schedule B's for political organizations (of which, NOM is one) you have also failed to prove a conspiracy by the IRS to target any political groups. The reality is that there are campaign finance laws, Citizens United opened the door for massive potential abuse, and the IRS is rightly investigating groups, both liberal and conservative, to ensure that the rules are being complied with. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/irs-...

You can't fundamentally prove that the IRS has done anything but it's job, which is essentially what came out during Rep. Issa's witch hunt. Why do you think this issue went away so quickly? It's because they were doing exactly what they are supposed to do.
Brian_G wrote:
and leaked confidential tax return information in violation of law. Also note, if the IRS made the schedule B "available to the public", they are in violation of the regulation quoted by lides above; only the filer makes tax filings available, not leakers, the HRC with their excuse of another source or the Huffington Post.
Find the regulation kiddo, otherwise you're out of gas.
"Tax-exempt political organizations may also be required to file Form 990 , including Schedule B. Political organizations must make both of these forms available to the public, including the contributor information." http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eo_disclosure...

How does it feel to be used as a shill to post and re-post misinformation because you have been lied to, not by the IRS, but by NOM and Rep. Issa.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#4277 Jun 25, 2013
Was it a conspiracy involving the White House, as lides suggests? I don't think that matters, first justice by prosecuting the guilty, then we can get the defense's stories.

I don't blame Obama, I blame liberalism.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min IBdaMann 51,450
19 F skype 2 hr Sugarhoney1230 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr ACTUALLY 184,888
Michael Jackson's mom taking lawsuit to Calif. ... 4 hr Jesse Pinkman 12
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,373
US new home sales fall slightly in January 19 hr Jesus Latter Day ... 7
Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick... 23 hr Le Duped 1
More from around the web