Gay marriage

Full story: Los Angeles Times

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.
Comments
37,181 - 37,200 of 52,176 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
One problem: security programs don't weed out bullshit and lies.
No sh!t, that's why we have to suffer yours.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage is the death of religious liberty in America..
Squawk! Squawk! Squawk!

No, it isn't. You're ever the drama queen. Every piece of legislation that honors SSM specifically exempts Churches from having to recognize, or perform, SSM ceremonies. There are, however, a number of mainline denominations that DO recognize them, primarily the UUC and the UCC, as well as MCC.

You'll go to your grave thinking you've lost something, now that we have equality. Time, however, will tell another story.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
The gay mafia thinks it can force Christians to participate in same sex wedding ceremonies but they still have religious freedom because the Christians can still pray for God's forgiveness.
I'm not sure what right-wing blogs you're reading, but Churches are exempt from having to perform SS ceremonies. Churches have ALWAYS had the right to deny services for weddings. I spent 30 years employed in the UCC, the most liberal of mainline denominations. We denied a lot of people, in our congregation, because the couple weren't members. Had we said yes, in our community, we would have become a wedding mill with multiple weddings per weekend for couples who we would never see again.

The far right needs for you to believe that SS weddings will be forced on all Churches. In fact, Churches have always had the right to choose who they will, or will not marry.

Stop listening to talking points, grampy, and use the brain that God gave you.
Skankie PizzHo

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
"Homophobia is not a phobia. They are not scared. They are just a bunch of as_sholes."
-Jn Gnarr. Mayor of Reykjavk, Iceland.
Please go back to using Frankie Rizzo. It's not going to be so much fun if I have to change my moniker to Skankie.

Thank you.

I'm Skankie Pizzho and I approved this post.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Pietro Armando wrote:
It matters not whether I like it or not, it IS a redefinition,, we both know that. Same sex marriage is demonstratively different, in function, form, and purpose.
Nope, that's merely your opinion.
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

poof wrote:
<quoted text>You need a time out
Polygamy deserves the same respect as your marriage.

Marriage. There is no ONE right way.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?

Respect is earned.

Polygamy is in no way comparable to my marriage, so why would they automatically be entitled to respect?

Respect is earned.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what right-wing blogs you're reading, but Churches are exempt from having to perform SS ceremonies. Churches have ALWAYS had the right to deny services for weddings. I spent 30 years employed in the UCC, the most liberal of mainline denominations. We denied a lot of people, in our congregation, because the couple weren't members. Had we said yes, in our community, we would have become a wedding mill with multiple weddings per weekend for couples who we would never see again.
The far right needs for you to believe that SS weddings will be forced on all Churches. In fact, Churches have always had the right to choose who they will, or will not marry.
Stop listening to talking points, grampy, and use the brain that God gave you.
Yup. It matters NOT if your a STR8 couple, gay couple, interracial couple, they CAN deny ANYONE, they want to.
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Drama Queen Brian.
Polygamy is a more natural lifestyle than monogamy. Monogamy is culturally forced upon us. Look at the problems that causes.

Legalize it. But noooooooo. It might threaten the case for SSM. So you say it is "bad" and you must allow at least one week or whatever between marriages. If they overlap you go to jail. Look at the problems that causes.

"Legalize it, don't criticize it." Peter Tosh

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>KiMare wrote:
Prop 8 was right.
The CEO of Mozilla was right.
Ss marriage is a clear oxymoron.
A defective failure of mating behavior.
At every point of comparison, an abortion of real marriage.
SMile.
<quoted text>
Quite contrary honey.
The closer ss couples get, the more the fraud is exposed.
The desperate, irrational grasp at self-acceptance on a premise of denial never allows YOUR comfort, does it?

Who said anything about ss couples going away? I simply and accurately note that no ss couple equates to marriage.
A defrocked ex Pastor, truck driver
who frocked two of his parishioners
wives,and stole money from the church,
Giving out marriage advise. Ha Ha
Priceless Brucie Willis' ass! Don't
forget,Sandy likes a nice bone after
supper.
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Respect is earned.
Polygamy is in no way comparable to my marriage, so why would they automatically be entitled to respect?
Respect is earned.
That's why I have none for you. Now you're going to say you don't have any for me. And keep this silly game going, because that's all you've got.

You have no arguments against polygamy except "I don't respect it". That is not a valid argument.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya are Frankie, where you been honey buns!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
<quoted text>
Because you used a racial slur.
The rest of your post was just too rambling...
Wait a minute?..since WHEN is "monkey" a racial slur?

Rose, you seem to like being a self-fulfilling prophecy. I mention monkey and you climb a tree.

Other than my often made observation that gays consider themselves "normal" because IT'S THE BONOBOS!!!" I don't see a potential slur there. Perhaps you're a bit body conscious about some African body feature stereotypes but that was not implied, nor was it my meaning. I refer to "drowning the monkey" because all the monkey knows is how to climb a tree to escape its enemies. I consider the metaphor a "finishing move", so to speak, and umm..... I think I can see the frail ego props you fall back on when such is one's fate.

It's a little late in life for all that, Rose. If you spent your life hiding in the safety of the herd and not experiencing life for yourself, nobody can help you now.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Frankie wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I have none for you. Now you're going to say you don't have any for me. And keep this silly game going, because that's all you've got.
You have no arguments against polygamy except "I don't respect it". That is not a valid argument.
The difference being I never said you have to respect me, yet you keep telling me I have to respect polygamists.

I don't, because respect is earned, and I get to determine who gets my respect.

Whether you believe my arguments are valid is irrelevant. It won't make polygamy legal just because you think my arguments aren't valid.

The proof of the validity of my arguments is that polyga-marriage remains illegal in all 50 states.

Where's your proof?
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

-FRED- wrote:
<quoted text> There ya are Frankie, where you been honey buns!
You are creating a hostile environment and making everyone uncomfortable. You are a festering boil on the ass of LGBT. A glob of putrid ass pus giving LGBT a bad image that it doesn't deserve.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go again....I said nothing about 'Mo money'.. you're just another fool for the plutocracy making generalizations about people you know nothing about...
Mikey, just answer the simple yes/no question. Would you accept replacing all marriage with a universal contract of civil union that provides financial benefits to any small group, whether a couple or a triad or whatever, and does not have any bearing on sexual relationships?

Yes or no.... or you're talking out your @ss.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
All it means is you're bitter, and your perspective ("message") is that of an immature, angst-ridden teenager.
Grow up.
REALLY? That's ALL my post means?

It's really sad to see just how far our liberal quotacrats have fallen in their cultural awareness.
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference being I never said you have to respect me, yet you keep telling me I have to respect polygamists.
I don't, because respect is earned, and I get to determine who gets my respect.
Whether you believe my arguments are valid is irrelevant. It won't make polygamy legal just because you think my arguments aren't valid.
The proof of the validity of my arguments is that polyga-marriage remains illegal in all 50 states.
Where's your proof?
I simply said that polygamy deserves the same respect as your marriage. You are either confused or don't know what a hypocrite is. It is you who demands respect for your marriage which you gleefully deny to people you don't approve of. You don't have to agree to respect it but you can't use that as a reason to deny it. Many people don't respect SSM. They are wrong just like you are wrong. You want respect? You need to give it first.

So sorry. Tough sh!t. Don't like it? Don't do it.

Ah good times!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Aricept...... it's for Alzheimer's Disease. And from your post, it seems you need it desperately. Babble on.....
That's OK. You seem to have that element covered for all of us.
Frankie

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2014

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your proof?

That's circular reasoning. Invalid and silly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 min Anonymous 200,325
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min SpaceBlues 45,771
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,515
Fire season in West so far is below expectations 2 hr LRDII 1
Santa Ana winds cause little damage throughout ... (Oct '13) 3 hr Fhandler 3
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 17 hr Ocean 7,835
victim of police abuse (Dec '07) Tue Sneaky Pete 15
•••
•••