Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Mikey

Fullerton, CA

#40488 Apr 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is proud of his work.
There are literally millions of people who are Ex-Gay.
Look it up for yourself.
Perversions are like any other mental condition you can overcome them.
I'm sure you've met everyone of them 'toe tappin' at the truck stop,. Eh Princess?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40490 Apr 3, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to give a warning before posting this stuff......damn good thing I wasn't taking a drink of water.....lol!!!!
TMFI!!!
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do idiots like you think using a bunch of exclamation points makes up for your inability to reason?
Hi Norcal!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40491 Apr 3, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They're issued marriage licenses because they got married.
They aren't issue "gay marriage" licenses, because they didn't get "gay married".
They were gayga-married?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40492 Apr 3, 2014
poof wrote:
<quoted text>I talked to my friend , Ron White today, he looked at your posts. He told me not to try, stupid is forever. Does it hurt you to be that dang stupid. Does stupid make your head hurt?
Yeah right. Ron White is your friend.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#40493 Apr 3, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't issue "gay marriage" licenses, because they didn't get "gay married".
About as much as being of the same sex has anything to do with the ability of a man and a man to accept each other as husband and husband, be recognized as husband and husband by the state, interact as husband and husband, including but not limited to consummating their marriage through the first act sexual intimacy.
The understanding of marriage constantly evolves.
Husbane and husbane? consumitating the marriage. Ain't that a cracker jack? Naw, the understanding of marriage don't evolves. What you thank that marriage is is evolving in your mind. Just as I ben riting on here. Them homeysexuals is thanking if marriage between two lesbanes and gays is thought of as just another marriage then the normal people is going to thank that the homeysexuals is just as normal as ever body else. They ain't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#40494 Apr 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
People get AIDS from having unprotected sex with someone infected with HIV.
Yes indeedie they dose. They sells them thangs in Walmart what you put on your doo whacky so you won't git no disease and if you uses one on a woman you probably won't start a baby. Some wants to go bare back. If it is a gay, then if either one of them has aids he is more likely to get or give it. Putting your thang up somebody's butt can make both the thang and the butt bleed. When you squirt that stuff in a bleeding butt you can give Aids. So be careful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#40495 Apr 3, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if your 'psychiatrist' can turn gays straight; then he can turn straights gay
So when he turns YOU gay invite us to your wedding; sugar
Little Boy Blue, I ain't sure about this hear being born a homeysexual or the other way. I has nowed sissy boys what ain't grown up gays and he man boys what is now a gay. I thanks that a feller can be influenced to be a gay and maybe even to be a normal. If a young kid is messed with by gay feller he mite like what it feels like when the gay feller plays with it or dose the mouth thang. He may decide to try it out. Some of these womens can mess with a boy's mind when he is growing up so that he don't no part of any other woman. Then there could be a boy what thinks that he likes other boys but meets a girl and finds out that he reilly digs her. I thanks that this becoming a gay is more complicated than just thanking that a feller is born one way.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#40496 Apr 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for they tip. We are so grateful when illiterates offer political advice.
Ain't no tip, Sweet Thang. Just the truth. That Obomer and Old Lady Clinton is pulling your strang. They wants your vote so they talks up this hear marriage stuff. They is buying your vote same as a feller what sells his vote for a paint of Old Grandad.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#40497 Apr 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hi Norcal!
Rose NoHo and I AREN'T the same poster......just FYI!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nine Ball

Harrodsburg, KY

#40498 Apr 3, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
The salient feature distinguishing same-sex weddings from heterosexual ones is the sexual orientation of its participants. Only same-sex couples engage in same-sex weddings. Therefore, it makes little sense to argue that refusal to provide a cake to a same-sex couple for use at their wedding is not “because of” their sexual orientation.
Summary
The undisputed facts show that Respondents discriminated against Complainants because of their sexual orientation by refusing to sell them a wedding cake for their same-sex marriage, in violation of § 24-34-601(2), C.R.S. Moreover, application of this law to Respondents does not violate their right to free speech or unduly abridge their right to free exercise of religion. Accordingly, Complainants’ motion for summary judgment is GRANTED.
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/asse...
I tells you this Sweet Evening Breeze: You is squeeling for what you calls your rites. I agrees you should git them. I ain't got no problem with two gays pairing up with all them rites of a normal couple what marries. But the pairing up of hetrosexuals and homeysexuals is diffarant. There needs to be diffarant ceremony. That is all. Now about this cake business. You wants your rites but you wants keep the cake man form having his rites. You don't want your shair of the marbles you want all of them. Ain't that a hoot.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#40499 Apr 3, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
It is naive to think if there are no laws, there will be peace.
What is more likely is people will take things into their own hands. The bakery that won't serve African Americans will be picketed, harrassed, etc. Good luck avoiding fist fights and what not.
Same with a bakery that won't serve gay people. They probably shouldn't have windows on the building, because they'll have lots of bricks thrown through them.
Lack of a law enforcing equality doesn't neutralize resentment; it feeds it.
Wrong on every point.

it's only 20 minutes long. Please watch it. Then you will understand what anarchy really is.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40500 Apr 3, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose NoHo and I AREN'T the same poster......just FYI!!!
Of course I know that. I'm just wondering why Rose never insults you for abusing exclamation points. Just sayin'. More to her than to you. But she's not speaking to me. Ah good times! You'll probably stop speaking to me soon too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40501 Apr 3, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> Yes indeedie they dose. They sells them thangs in Walmart what you put on your doo whacky so you won't git no disease and if you uses one on a woman you probably won't start a baby. Some wants to go bare back. If it is a gay, then if either one of them has aids he is more likely to get or give it. Putting your thang up somebody's butt can make both the thang and the butt bleed. When you squirt that stuff in a bleeding butt you can give Aids. So be careful.
Sheeples is touching his woo hoo.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#40502 Apr 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheeples is touching his woo hoo.
I thought he said he didn't have one?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#40503 Apr 3, 2014
Nine Ball wrote:
<quoted text> There needs to be diffarant ceremony. That is all..
It's over, Buford. We have federal recognition of marriage equality. That is all.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40504 Apr 3, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, gays & lesbians are able to exercise their right to marry someone of the same or opposite sex based on being citizens entitled to equal protection- not based on their sexual orientation.
You contradicted yourself.
Heterosexuals are able to exercise their right to marry someone of the same or opposite sex as well.
Again, you contradicted yourself.
Bisexuals are able to exercise their right to marry someone of the same or opposite sex as well.
Apparently their sexual orientation is included in the marquee, just for show.
Sexual orientation has nothing to do with the right to marry someone of the same sex.
Sure it does, otherwise, why change the law, why redefine marriage?
But sexual orientation DID have a lot do to with the BANS on marrying someone of the same sex.
No bans existed. The definition of marriage as a union of one man and one woman, as it had existed in this country since before the birth of the Republic, was constitutionally defined at the state level.
That's where the animus came into play.
It started with four judges in Massachusetts deciding to overturn the understanding of marriage in American marital jurisprudence.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#40505 Apr 3, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Hi Norcal!
Thanks for pointing that out Frankie....I noticed the same thing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#40506 Apr 3, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they "married" someone of the same sex.
About as much as being of the same sex has anything to do with the ability of a man and a man to accept each other as husband and husband,
Meaning what exactly?
be recognized as husband and husband by the state, interact as husband and husband,
Meaning what exactly?
including but not limited to consummating their marriage through the first act sexual intimacy.
Ohhhhhhh......sure....and what might that be? Don't forget to use birth control.....unless of course you want to get pregnant on you wedding night.
The understanding of marriage constantly evolves.
The two basic ingredients, male female, stays constant.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“equality for ALL means ALL”

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale FL

#40508 Apr 3, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong on every point.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =xMoPBDz5ycAXX it's only 20 minutes long. Please watch it. Then you will understand what anarchy really is.
Refute the points or don't.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#40509 Apr 3, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for pointing that out Frankie....I noticed the same thing.
Norcal has the rainbow card so she is immune to Rose_NoHo's scolding. You see, only the dreaded fundies and straights are dumb when they abuse exclamation points like a tweeny girl. It's cool if you're gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Dudley 64,116
News Why are gas prices so high in California? 8 hr Mr Ludd 8
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 16 hr freebird 18
California Holiday Events Sat howefortunate 1
News Trump gains local support in possible shrinking... Sat Kate 3
News Trump is accused of tweeting about the WRONG ma... Sat Get a Grip 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) Sat loose cannon 242,994
More from around the web