Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61405 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#39825 Mar 30, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
What is "informed" consent? If a tail wagging is sufficient, it's just YOU who isn't trying to cope with our progressing world. Just being a KKKristian who doesn't think dogs are your fellow men, aren't you?
Has any court of law ever heard oral testimony from your bitch?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39826 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take a man's d!ck up your ass then you're pretending to be a woman.
Did you set out to insult women, or was that an ironic byproduct of your stupidity?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#39827 Mar 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, angry people die sooner than clam people. That article about the gay couple raping their 2 month old son was not to put down gay people but to shock Sheepie. I am sorry that it might of harmed you or offended you but it was for Sheepie and that is all.
You might want to deal with Sheepie's insanity about polygamy being child rape because it is that insanity that I posted that article to. And I have hundreds more to post if Sheepie keeps up his intentional antagonistic authoritarian statest nonsense.
Seriously, you need to deal with Sheepie not me. I support marriage equality and he does not.
No more than I'm shocked then a straight couple does it.

YOU are the crazy anarchist who thinks people have the right to do whatever they want.

So why didn't the couple have the right to rape their 2 month old son?

Who are you to say they don't have that right?

Tawas City, Michigan

#39829 Mar 30, 2014
Dirty Sheprick wrote:
<quoted text> I reads that a lot of lesbanes wanted to be a boy when they was kids. And a lot of gays wanted to be a girl. I don called a retired teacher and she told me that a lot of boys wanted to play with the girls and that she nowed that when many of them growed up they was gays. I thanks that you is blowing smoke. Is you a man if you puts another man's thang in your mouth or if you lets him put it in your butt? You mite thank you is, but really one of them that dose that is taking it in and that is what the woman dose when a man and woman dose it. Look here Sheep. If you claims that he is the husbane ain't you the wife? When you was a kid did you want to be a girl? Dose both husbanes thank that they is mostly womens?
You can thinks whatever you wants.

Your gender stereotypes have no meaning to me.

Tawas City, Michigan

#39830 Mar 30, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They can use test tubes and such like you guys do. Surrogates and j_izm, stuff like that.
Doubtful. His sperm will likely be as dead as her eggs, and her uterus would be unable to support a pregnancy.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#39831 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care what someone else does? And by the way, it makes him NO such thing!!!

Tawas City, Michigan

#39833 Mar 30, 2014
Harris wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe YOU are....

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39841 Mar 30, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
Some gays on here is saying that same sex marriage won't led to other types of digerent mariages. I read about this old rich woman what left a lot of money to a cat. Some farm boys dose it with sheep, cows, goats and even hen chickens. What if junior likes his goat and wants to marry it when he grows up? Ain't he gots rites? Oh, some of you gays says that it ain't normal to have sex with a goat and that goats can't have humane babies. I ain't normal. In fact is is down rite digerent. Just as digerent as two mens shacking up.
Take your bitch to the court-house, or a church, and try to get married. Let us know how well that works out for you.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39844 Mar 30, 2014
Nine ball wrote:
<quoted text> You gays ain't maid rite and nobody ever pooped or burped up a baby.
You've manage to sh!t yet another turd of a post. Crap-tastic.

Say, if you're constantly wanting to enjoy "normal" sex, how is it that you have so much time to spend here at the Homo Haven?

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#39845 Mar 30, 2014
Dirty sheprick wrote:
<quoted text> What you talking about? I ain't gonna marry no dog. I is telling you that you has opened the door to digeranant thangs because you is doing digeranant thags. Dose you git that. Monkey see monkey dose. What I thanks is digarantant you done't. What you thanks is digarantaqnt that dog lover don't. If Obomer and old Lady Clinton can git a vote they will support it, just like they is for the same sex marriage thang. Why dose you call yourself a mangina if you ain't one?
Slippery slope argument. Epic fail, Buford.

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#39846 Mar 30, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe on bizarro world, but here on planet Earth in the U.S. of A., it does.
<quoted text>
Sex between men and women makes babies....it even made you and Rosie.
So what? You don't have to be able to reproduce in order to marry.
Pietro Armando wrote:
<
It is a function and purpose of marriage though.
No. Marriage as absolutely no effect on a person's ability to reproduce.
And people marry for all sorts of reasons.

Los Angeles, CA

#39849 Mar 30, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever head on over to Lake Havasu? Some ladies go topless. Guys only get hassled if they play with themselves and the cops see it. Nudity is accepted there, although only a few do it.
Lots of college students and almost zero dirty old men. The cops keep a tight check on things so if you are going to drink you need a designated driver who can pass a breathalyzer test. Too many drunks who do not know how to use a boat and they kill people. The water is warm, come on in Rose!
Sounds fun.:)

Los Angeles, CA

#39852 Mar 30, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
cc: Rose/Well
Normal marriage has the likely potential of bearing fruit. In fact, protection is needed NOT to procreate!
Monster, you don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
KiMare wrote:
Ss couples are a barren failure. They NEVER porcreate.
KiMare wrote:
In fact, gay couples need protection just to abusively imitate the intimacy and union of real marriage!
Even if you try to equate ss couples to the exceptions, couples with medical problems, old couples and couples with a choice, ss couples STILL are an epic fail!!!
KiMare wrote:
The freak
Looks who's talking!
KiMare wrote:
is an attempt to eliminate children from consideration and dumb down marriage to a contract.
Get your own relationship, all you will do is accentuate your sense of innate defect in this foolish attempt to equate a counterfeit to real marriage.
Smile.

Los Angeles, CA

#39853 Mar 30, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If gays kept to themselves they pose no threat
If gays demand radical changes in the Laws of the Land they are threatening every aspect of our culture.
Another fundie with a "plague of locusts" argument.
Come on, tell us a single aspect of our culture that has been harmed by gay marriage.
SevenTee wrote:
You obviously no nothing about the structure of the family which is the foundation of our society. If you seek to destroy the family structure you seek to destroy society as a whole.

Gay marriage will destroy society as a whole...LOL
Well, I guess if you are stupid enough to believe that fundie god and Jesus stuff, you're stupid enough to believe that.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#39854 Mar 30, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep deluding yourself. We've already won. It just has to be rolled out coast to coast.
Keep on with your blah blah blah, it won't make any difference.
Polygamists have also already won, it is just going to take some time for the rest of America to catch up.

Location hidden

#39855 Mar 30, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by the same logic, husband and wife and wife is constitutional. So is husband and dog. Animal rights activists have already been demanding citizenship status for apes taught to talk.
Just another phony libertarian who thinks everyone should obey the law but when HE or SHE has to obey the law, it's the 14th Amendment. That's why the Supreme Court precedent has always restricted that amendment to "opportunity" not guaranteed, and only to groups that have been acknowledged as protected groups, racial and religious minorities and women. The government simply can't spend the resources on placating every obsessive/compulsive in existence.
For now, the Liberals are going against precedent for the politics. They will pay for that mistake.
Sheepie is NOT a libertarian, he is a fascist who believes in all power belonging to the government.

Location hidden

#39856 Mar 30, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who?
Everyone with an IQ higher than yours.

Los Angeles, CA

#39857 Mar 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage means ignoring gender differences. Keep marriage one man and one woman for integration.
No, stupid, it does not.
It focuses on it. It shows gender differences are important, and that the individual (not the government) should choose the the gender of the person they marry, because it's important to them.
You mom and dad didn't keep marriage one man/one woman, they divorced. So, if you are really concerned about keeping marriage one man/one woman, argue against divorce. Gay marriage won't get rid of a single one man/one woman marriage, divorce gets rid of most of them.

Los Angeles, CA

#39858 Mar 30, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
In your twisted opinion, does a straight married couple who adopt children have a lesser effect on society vs. a straight married couple who procreate?
Charlie Feather and others like him haven't really thought this trough. They are just copy/pasting what they have read.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#39859 Mar 30, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
If gays kept to themselves they pose no threat
If gays demand radical changes in the Laws of the Land they are threatening every aspect of our culture.
You obviously no nothing about the structure of the family which is the foundation of our society. If you seek to destroy the family structure you seek to destroy society as a whole.
I hope you can understand this some day but I doubt you have the courage to face the truth.
Oh puh-lease.

Our society is based on freedoms dumbshit. Freedoms that produce no viable harm.

Your "culture" belongs with the Klu Klux Klan friend. And that's not a culture I want to be associated with.

I',m not gay myself and at one time I searched high and low for harm gays may have caused in my fight against them.

That's what changed my mind. I couldn't find any. They harm no one and in many cases are upstanding citizens whom often outperform me and others in contributing to society.

Don't talk to me about courage in the safety of the internet friend. Courage takes place outside of this format and I hate to tell you many gays had more courage than me in their "coming out" in many cases.

You need to drop the hate friend. It's a weight you shouldn't carry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Joe Balls 219,134
News Victorville ranked No. 9 on 'California's most ... 10 hr Lulubelle Fire 5
Why do black people hate cats? (Mar '09) 12 hr That girl 54
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr Frankie Rizzo 201,877
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 hr litesong 60,655
News Wally the dead whale finally laid to rest in So... 23 hr Ed Muntin 5
Moving to SF from the Nordics? Fri zettez 1
More from around the web