Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61384 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#38142 Mar 21, 2014
http://www.celebromance.com/10-celebrities-re...

Redefining love by having open relationships.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#38143 Mar 21, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the good old days when it was the religious right who were the intolerant bigots?
Only Comrade Rev Al would think those were the good old days...

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#38144 Mar 21, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember the good old days when it was the religious right who were the intolerant bigots?
and today......they are neither religious or right.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#38145 Mar 21, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
http://www.celebromance.com/10 -celebrities-redefining-love-b y-practicing-open-relationship s/?utm_source=zergnet.com& utm_medium=referral&utm_ca mpaign=zergnet_147051
Redefining love by having open relationships.
Oh yeah, people should be taking relationship advice from celebrities.

That's about a stupid as taking relationship advice from a supposedly celibate priest!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38146 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course you didn't.
You proved I don't support marriage for polygamists & incestuous couples.
Considering I've said that all along, it wasn't much of an accomplishment on your part.
Right. Like I said. You don't support marriage equality.

Location hidden

#38147 Mar 21, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
First off....how is it EASIER to prove that more domestic violence occurs in Same-Sex relationships or marriage?
Secondly.......you have opted to hook your rhetoric wagon to a well known troll and you then turn around and call two individuals against Marriage Equality SIMPLY because they HAVE given you reasons for why they are NOT in favor of polygamy......and Sheeple has REPEATEDLY stated that his BIGGEST concern is underage marriages......wow, you really are as pathetic as Rizzo is!!!
I guess that police reports and hospital emergency room visits are not proof for you. The particular reports I cited were put together by gay people for gay people. So because you hate me, the messenger, you have a problem with the message. But it is NOT my message, I only posted the results because Sheepie is insane.

Sheepie has also said that he is opposed to polygamy because if one many has two wives then you won't have one. You'll have to do with out. Are you doing with out? No, I didn't think so.

And no one cares what Sheepie is concerned about because his concerns are not based in fact and evidence. And what makes Sheepie an expert on what the age of consent should be? In California you can go to prison for 3 years if you tell the wrong 17 year old that you are a lesbian. In New York it is perfectly legal. And of course if the DA got a little last night also factors in if he is going to bother with it. Sheepie does not know the age a child becomes capable of being responsible for engaging in sexual activity. He just goes with 18 because he can't think for himself.

Sheepie would have us believe that a 14 year old in Germany is more responsible and mature than an 18 year old in America. Do you believe it? What age do you think the age of consent should be. And please tell us what you really think and not repeat what Sheepie has said just so you can support him and be disagreeable to me.

Since you are supporting Sheepie, then you tell us how many polygamists want to marry underage girls as compared to heterosexual males wanting to marry underage girls.

The other problem is that Sheepie is looking at the Muslims from 3rd world countries where real abuse of children both boys and girls is quite common and accepted and then pretending it is the face of polygamy in America. This is dishonest. You would have us accept Islamic ritual child rape and abuse as what polygamists in America are advocating. And you are wrong about this.

Sheepie refuses to admit that there is a difference. Can you see there is a difference?

You are just like the people who didn't know any Lesbians but told everyone one who would listen all kinds of myths about them. Sheepie knows no polygamists and treats them like they are muslims. To him it is the same thing.

You really need to look deeper into the insanity that Sheepie tries to promote as fact.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38148 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Polyga-marriage is illegal in all 50 states, and will likely remain illegal for the foreseeable future.
What more argument do I need?
That's what they said to you. That stupid circular non-argument won't work in court Squeaky.
Imagine yourself telling the judge "Your honor. Polygamy should stay illegal because it's illegal."

Location hidden

#38149 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Oh, how could I forget this one of Sheeples "reasons" to deny equal rights to people he doesn't approve of - because Frankie is a drunk cripple.
Yeah, let us not gloss over that reason Sheepie gave. Nor the one about there not being enough women in the world, like he cares how many women there are, and polygamy means some men can't get married because there are no wives because other men are pigs and have two.

These liberal social engineers always pretending they can force other people to do things and we'll all be living in a commie paradise.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38150 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to prove anything. Everyone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls.
That's why polyga-marriage is illegal and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.
WRONG. Monogamists harm women and children much more often than polygamists do and "everyone knows it".

Location hidden

#38151 Mar 21, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is stupid.
All of Comrade Sheepies replies are stupid. Stupid does as stupid is.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38152 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And they aren't allowed to marry because it's illegal.
The proof of that statement is if it WERE legal, then they would be able to marry.
QED
Even the mighty Rose No_Ho has pointed out to you that is an invalid circular argument. I gained some new respect for her. Supporting the truth, no matter if it's from a gay or straight.

"Polygamy isn't allowed because it's illegal." Priceless.

Location hidden

#38153 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to prove anything. Everyone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls.
I remember the good old days when it was the religious right who were the bigots. They used to say the same kind of stupid things like you do Comrade Sheepie.

""""Everyo ne already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys""""

Everyone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls. squawk squawk Everyone already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys squawk squawk Everyone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls. squawk squawk Everyone already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys squawk squawkEveryone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls. squawk squawk Everyone already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys squawk squawkEveryone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls. squawk squawk Everyone already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys squawk squawkEveryone already knows polygamists like marrying little girls. squawk squawk Everyone already knows homosexuals like molesting little boys squawk squawk
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38154 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, the overwhelming majority of Americans (85%+) are opposed to polygamy regardless of the sexual orientation of the participants or the advocates.
Red herring. We have been through this. Stop getting drunk before noon.

Location hidden

#38155 Mar 21, 2014
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>and today......they are neither religious or right.
One could make a good argument that they were NEVER religious or right.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38156 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have credibility here because most of the other poster realize I'm just yanking the chains on your wheelchair...
Bullsh!t. You argued and you lost. Now you're being a real pus_sy about it. Be a man admit you have no valid argument against polygamy except ignorance and hate.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38157 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I DON'T need to prove anything.
What are you going to do if I don't?
Legalize incestuous sibling marriages?
Have fun trying!
(yank, yank, yank....)
Translation: "You win Frankie, now I am trying to save face."
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38158 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet all the gay rights issues I support have been winning.
Red herring. I have no argument with that, I support them too.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38159 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, because you're probably drunk yet again?
Don't roll off the pier....
How does it feel to lose to a drunk cripple?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38160 Mar 21, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Now that they have been dealt with for the most part, Sheepie, poof and X-breath et al have stepped right in and taken up the slack.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#38161 Mar 21, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, people should be taking relationship advice from celebrities.
Except if they're gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min loose cannon 242,629
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
Trump and Norcross tell America they have No ch... 9 hr TrumpNorcross 1
News Essential Politics: Deep divisions on display a... 16 hr Pence of Tides 3
News California lawmakers look to free older and you... Sun Well Well 3
News Vaccine Skeptic Message Gets Stronger, Bolder Sun VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun Randy from Wooster 201,882
More from around the web