Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3562 May 23, 2013
Against the Grain wrote:
Has anyone seen this???
Gay Fla. teen facing charges of having sexual contact with 14-year-old girlfriend
Published May 21, 2013
Associated Press
Kaitlyn, 18, was expelled from school for dating and having sex with her 14-year-old girlfriend, who was a fellow player on her basketball team. Hunt was arrested and charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12 to 16 years.
MIAMI Gay rights advocates are rallying around an 18-year-old central Florida girl who was expelled from school and charged with having sexual contact with her 14-year-old girlfriend.
Kaitlyn Hunt was charged with two felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a child 12 to 16 in February. Prosecutors have offered a plea deal that includes two years of house arrest and a year of probation.
The Hunts say that the relationship was consensual and that their daughter is being discriminated against because she's gay.
But State Attorney Bruce Colton says the arrest has nothing to do with Kaitlyn's sexual preference. He says the law is designed to protect younger children from people who are older and can be more aggressive in forming a relationship.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21/gay-fla -...
Since when does a 14 year old give consent??
Why would 'anyone' rally around a sex offender???
Cute, Get The Fool.
Have some M.P.D.?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#3563 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Cute, Get The Fool.
Have some M.P.D.?
No, I have no 'M'ore 'P'edophilia 'D'ocumentation to present at this time...stay tuned...

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3564 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
No, I have no 'M'ore 'P'edophilia 'D'ocumentation to present at this time...stay tuned...
Doesn't it suck to get caught posting under multiple screen names?

It's certainly disingenuous.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3565 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't it suck to get caught posting under multiple screen names?
It's certainly disingenuous.
It wouldn't let me post under gtf. Not caught...wouldn't have done it if it posted originally...

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3566 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't let me post under gtf. Not caught...wouldn't have done it if it posted originally...
Sorry, Fool, you're all washed up, and you've been caught at your little game.

Perhaps, you shouldn't coy and paste your trolling?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3567 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Fool, you're all washed up, and you've been caught at your little game.
Perhaps, you shouldn't coy and paste your trolling?
Don't you think I would have altered it if I were trying to be somebody else??? Get over yourself! You haven't 'caught' anyone...

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3568 May 23, 2013
I don't know...the case looks like it's going forward.....

Kaitlyn Hunt Update: Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship won't be dropped, despite public outcry, Fla. state attorney says
comments

By Stephanie Slifer Topics Daily Blotter

CBS--SEBASTIAN, Fla.- A Florida state attorney says the charges against Kaitlyn Hunt, an 18-year-old high school student who engaged in a same-sex relationship with a 14-year-old classmate, will not be dropped, despite petitions from the public, CBS affiliate WTSP reports.

Hunt has been expelled from Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Fla. and is charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16 years of age as a result of the relationship.

The case began in February when Hunt was arrested and charged after the younger girl's parents notified authorities, reportedly when Hunt turned 18. Since then, the story has garnered national attention for what some say is a gay rights issue.

Kelly Hunt Smith, Kaitlyn's mother, created a Facebook page to gain support for her daughter in an effort to get the charges dropped, the station says. The page, entitled "Free Kate," had over 30,000 members as of early Tuesday.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3569 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
Don't you think I would have altered it if I were trying to be somebody else??? Get over yourself! You haven't 'caught' anyone...
I don't think you are that bright.
You certainly aren't on topic.
What is the likelihood of someone posting the same article, with the same broken link, the same text from the article, and the same personal comment on the article?
You were trying to make it look like more people supported your view, and you got caught.

Feel free to come back to the topic at hand, although I think your arguments on this topic have all been debunked.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3570 May 23, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
I don't know...the case looks like it's going forward.....
Kaitlyn Hunt Update: Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship won't be dropped, despite public outcry, Fla. state attorney says
comments
By Stephanie Slifer Topics Daily Blotter
CBS--SEBASTIAN, Fla.- A Florida state attorney says the charges against Kaitlyn Hunt, an 18-year-old high school student who engaged in a same-sex relationship with a 14-year-old classmate, will not be dropped, despite petitions from the public, CBS affiliate WTSP reports.
Hunt has been expelled from Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Fla. and is charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16 years of age as a result of the relationship.
The case began in February when Hunt was arrested and charged after the younger girl's parents notified authorities, reportedly when Hunt turned 18. Since then, the story has garnered national attention for what some say is a gay rights issue.
Kelly Hunt Smith, Kaitlyn's mother, created a Facebook page to gain support for her daughter in an effort to get the charges dropped, the station says. The page, entitled "Free Kate," had over 30,000 members as of early Tuesday.
What relevance does this have to the topic at hand?

Or are you just trolling and posting anything, regardless how irrelevant, that would inflame debate.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3571 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you are that bright.
You certainly aren't on topic.
What is the likelihood of someone posting the same article, with the same broken link, the same text from the article, and the same personal comment on the article?
You were trying to make it look like more people supported your view, and you got caught.
Feel free to come back to the topic at hand, although I think your arguments on this topic have all been debunked.
Well, we 'know' you aren't that bright...

Whatever dude...feel free to not respond if you don't want to talk about it here....this 'is' America....

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3572 May 23, 2013
Kaitlyn Hunt, Florida teen facing felony charges for same-sex underage relationship speaks

Teen arrested, expelled for relationship
ShareThis

Posted: 05/23/2013
Last Updated: 7 hours ago

SEBASTIAN, Fla.- The 18-year-old Sebastian girl who is facing felony charges for her sexual relationship with a 14-year-old female schoolmate broke her silence on Wednesday in front of a crowd of supporters.

When Kaitlyn Hunt first took to the podium, she broke down and was embraced by her mother and father.

Hunt faces two felony charges of lewd and lascivious battery.

"I'm scared of losing my life, the rest of my life and not being able to go to college or be around kids. Be around my sisters and my family," said Hunt.

If Hunt is convicted of having a relationship with a 14-year-old girl, she will have to register as a "sex offender."

Her lawyer, Julia Graves, is asking the charges be reduced to a misdemeanor.

....cont'd.....

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#3573 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
What relevance does this have to the topic at hand?
Or are you just trolling and posting anything, regardless how irrelevant, that would inflame debate.
Maybe if you stop feeding the troll he'll go away.

A good deal of this thread is filled with your responses to the fool whose posts mostly don't deserve responses.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3574 May 23, 2013
"This is a life sentence for behavior that is all too common. Whether male, female, gay, straight. High school relationships may be fleeting but felony convictions are forever," said Graves.

Hunt said the last few days have been a whirlwind.

"Definitely overwhelming to say the least. Scared. I'm scared. Just kind of hopeful, hopeful for the best," said Hunt.

A plea deal is on the table that would include a charge of child abuse, two years of house arrest and one year of probation.

"It takes into account the seriousness of the offense, it takes into a account that it's a violation of Florida law. A second-degree felony and that the plea offer allows her to enter a plea that she will not go to jail and she will not be labeled as a sex offender. So there's no argument that her life is being ruined by this plea offer," said Charles Sullivan Jr., the 14-year-old victim's attorney.

Sullivan said the family of the victim just wants there to be consequences for what has happened. He insists it has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Sullivan also spoke of the condition of his client.

"Not well at all. The entire event has been a significant trauma to her, to the family, to everyone involved," said Sullivan

As the Friday deadline to accept or reject the plea deal looms, Hunt had a message for all of her supporters.

"I would just say thank you and just continue to keep supporting me and my family through this. And just thank you, that's all I really have to say," said Hunt.

The Indian River County State Attorney's office has said they will not bend on the plea deal of a charge of child abuse.

A 'trauma' to HER???? What about the child she molested??? Misdermeanor my #s5! I don't understand why people are acting like she didn't do anything wrong! SHE DID!
Hillbilly Liberace

Prestonsburg, KY

#3575 May 23, 2013

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3576 May 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
A good deal of this thread is filled with your responses to the fool whose posts mostly don't deserve responses.
It 'is' funny how he tells everyone else to ignore me, but he doesn't...but then again, we know he's 'not too bright'...lol!!

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3577 May 23, 2013
Tre H wrote:
<quoted text>
I just toy with them and allow them to spew all manner of irrelevant BS, and make themselves look like a complete and total fool, until such a time as I get bored.

They never say anything that is either on topic or intelligent.

“=”

Since: Oct 07

Appleton WI

#3578 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
I just toy with them and allow them to spew all manner of irrelevant BS, and make themselves look like a complete and total fool, until such a time as I get bored.
Then don't complain about them being off-topic if you're going to constantly encourage them to keep "spewing all manner of irrelevant BS" by ALWAYS responding to every post. You do not "allow" them, you encourage them.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#3579 May 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one that looks like the fool...can't even acknowledge a pedophile when you read about one....because they also happened to be gay...

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3580 May 23, 2013
Here's the quote from the media admitting they got the names and tax return information from leakers in the IRS:

"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3581 May 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Here's the quote from the media admitting they got the names and tax return information from leakers in the IRS:
"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...
Come back to the topic at hand Brian.

Quit posting irrelevant drivel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min ZERO HEDGE 239,355
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Raymond 63,546
Pyramid Schemes Exposed. 8 hr pattyboiman1 1
News Cal-exit? Meet the movement for Californian sec... Wed guest 7
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... (Apr '15) Mar 22 Logic 101 26
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Mar 21 Liberals are dumb 16,064
News Essential Politics: The Supreme Court fight is on Mar 21 07 Mustang 12
More from around the web