Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61385 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3519 May 22, 2013
common sense wrote:
The reason is that marriage is a union of a man and a woman .How stupid are you that you cant understand that same sex couples dont fit that description and that you cant change that description for a frivolity such as adults with abnormal sexual desires and fetishes as then it becomes something else entirely.
Can you give me the reason for denying incestous couples that are infertile the right to marry?bet you you cant because there is no valid reason ,but doesnt mean that they should be able to marry.
How stupid are you that you can't indicate a compelling state interest by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman?

Without such an interest, such a restriction is unconstitutional.
anonymous wrote:
What you fail to realize is that the feds are addressing a commerce issue.(But that's not really true because the feds discriminate against single people!) The states still freely decide whether or not to endorse gay marriage. The feds only intervene to reconcile the obligations of the states to honor the contracts of other states.
Not even a scrap of this is about Civil Rights. Homosexuality is a choice, and most often a political choice, not a religious choice, and certainly not a biological imperative.
Yell louder!! LOUDER!!!! Go APE NUTS for us all!
It’s all about civil rights, and the fact that you can’t indicate a singe compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman, you are on the losing side of the debate.

The fact that you are still advancing the argument of state discrimination against single people only makes your argument look absurd. THey have equal protection of the law if they may choose to marry. It is not the fault, or problem of the state, if they do not wish to marry, or cannot find anyone who willingly would marry them.
anonymous wrote:
Not even a scrap of this is about Civil Rights. Homosexuality is a choice, and most often a political choice, not a religious choice, and certainly not a biological imperative.
Yell louder!! LOUDER!!!! Go APE NUTS for us all!
You can’t prove homosexuality is a choice.
Even if you could, it would still be irrelevant to the matter of equal protection of the laws.
Political choice is similarly irrelevant.
Religious choice is similarly irrelevant.
Biology is similarly irrelevant.

It appears that you enjoy making irrelevant arguments, in part because you cannot indicate a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.
anonymous wrote:
Privilege!
Translation: Welcome to the IRS BoneUs plan! Now, stop making single people look like lunatics that need to be profiled harshly by insurance companies!
Congratulations, you just made yourself look even dumber, I didn’t know that was possible.
Have you come up with a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry?... I didn’t think so.
amen brother

Fort Wayne, IN

#3520 May 22, 2013
Eileen Jael wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, you don't have a legal right. God said, NO, whether the sodomites like it or not. There is a Judgment Day where we all will have to give an account. NO, MEANS NO, and God doesn't care if we are offended and disagree. Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, died for you, me and the whole wide world to save us from ourselves and the tricks of the devil or Satan (Lucifer). Our sin was nailed to the cross; Jesus Christ took that condemnation on himself to SAVE US. How precious is that love! After Good Friday we can say, as we do every year, HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN, INDEED! God bless you, gay person. May your eyes be opened to the TRUTH! http://nosamesexmarriage.com/marriage/bible_v...
enough said

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3521 May 22, 2013
Here's the Huffington Post admitting they got confidential tax records leaked by the IRS:

"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...

If you don't want your tax records published to intimidate you from making donations, keep marriage one man and one woman. Reason 32, the IRS.
common sense

Melbourne, Australia

#3522 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Dear, you consider yourself to be normal, that tells those of us with common sense that normal is not something one should strive for. <quoted text>Buttercup, you've confused how I write here with who I might be in real life. but that's okay, given your condition. You really need to get out more, I know straight men who are naturally more feminine than most women and straight women more masculine than a heck of a lot of men. Your issues with that, still your problem that you really don't have to feel the need to share. <quoted text>The ONLY confusion here is your own dear. We know who we are, it's you who can't seem to grasp the concepts. <quoted text>If you weren't using a proxy server, this would be where I would be posting you a link to free mental health services in your area. Oh hon, your confusion and it is your confusion, is your problem.
<quoted text>Thinking is clearly a problem for you and your insight into what you fantasize my psyche to be, too funny. Hon, I came out the first time 34 years ago, back in high school. The first of my school mates who had the brilliant idea to bully me for that, was also the last of my schoolmates to think bullying me for being gay was a brilliant idea. You'd be amazed how quickly folk learn when the result of crossing that line is getting pinned to a table by your throat and being threatened with getting your face rearranged with a fist. When I got back from my three day suspension, no one really wanted to share any problems they might have with my coming out.
Ahh Ricky ,stop trying to be so tricky with the way you turn things around to make it look like i need the mental assistance and am obsessed with your sex life.Im sure youre quite familiar with the mental health number you offered me and that they know you and your problems quite well.

One doesnt need to obsess and fantazise about your deviant sex lives because you put it out there on your gay mardi gras , gay parades and gay pride marches,much to our amusement as we get a good laugh at how ridiculous and depraved you all are.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3523 May 22, 2013
common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh Ricky ,stop trying to be so tricky with the way you turn things around to make it look like i need the mental assistance and am obsessed with your sex life.Im sure youre quite familiar with the mental health number you offered me and that they know you and your problems quite well.
One doesnt need to obsess and fantazise about your deviant sex lives because you put it out there on your gay mardi gras , gay parades and gay pride marches,much to our amusement as we get a good laugh at how ridiculous and depraved you all are.
Ridiculous and depraved? Have you ever seen any Spring Break or Mardi Gras footage? Heterosexuals can be just as ridiculous and depraved as anyone else.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#3524 May 22, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you that you can't indicate a compelling state interest by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman?
Without such an interest, such a restriction is unconstitutional.
<quoted text>
It’s all about civil rights, and the fact that you can’t indicate a singe compelling state interest served by limiting marriage to being between a man and a woman, you are on the losing side of the debate.
The fact that you are still advancing the argument of state discrimination against single people only makes your argument look absurd. THey have equal protection of the law if they may choose to marry. It is not the fault, or problem of the state, if they do not wish to marry, or cannot find anyone who willingly would marry them.
<quoted text>
You can’t prove homosexuality is a choice.
Even if you could, it would still be irrelevant to the matter of equal protection of the laws.
Political choice is similarly irrelevant.
Religious choice is similarly irrelevant.
Biology is similarly irrelevant.
It appears that you enjoy making irrelevant arguments, in part because you cannot indicate a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you just made yourself look even dumber, I didn’t know that was possible.
Have you come up with a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to marry?... I didn’t think so.
So Parse Bunny! You're saying that a single person who isn't pretty or rich deserves to be taxed more to subsidize breeding?

Well, you're half right... about you not thinking, that is!

This debate is dead. I'm outta here.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#3525 May 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Here's the Huffington Post admitting they got confidential tax records leaked by the IRS:
"In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/30/mitt...
If you don't want your tax records published to intimidate you from making donations, keep marriage one man and one woman. Reason 32, the IRS.
A member of NOM traced Romney's discrete contribution, ratted out Romney and chose a Gay Rights group to send the dirt to.

"Romney is far from the only national politician to take advantage of Alabama's lax campaign finance and disclosure laws. Several others have set up PACs in the state, for the purposes of raising money."

This is sleazy and shows lack of loyalty within the Conservative ranks, but it's NOT a violation of the law by the IRS.

Do you even READ before you post?
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#3526 May 22, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridiculous and depraved? Have you ever seen any Spring Break or Mardi Gras footage? Heterosexuals can be just as ridiculous and depraved as anyone else.
Oh? How so?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3527 May 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? How so?
Just use your imagination.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#3529 May 22, 2013
common sense wrote:
Ahh Ricky ,stop trying to be so tricky with the way you turn things around to make it look like i need the mental assistance and am obsessed with your sex life.
Buttercup, you are the one who makes it look like you need the "mental assistance" and are obsessed with other folk's sex lives. I'm just here to help you out.
common sense wrote:
Im sure youre quite familiar with the mental health number you offered me and that they know you and your problems quite well.
Sweetie, I didn't provide you the links you so obviously need, because you're hiding behind a proxy server and I can't be sure where to send you. I'm familiar with your problem though, they let far too many of your ilk wander around without adult supervision.
common sense wrote:
Buttercup, since I seriously doubt you have ever been to a "gay mardi gras" or a "pride march", it is just you obsessing and fantasizing. You're easily amused because you are an idiot. I thought you knew. By the by bunny, I'm sure that you were taught the proper use of punctuation, if you don't wish to be talked to like a moron, it's best not to act like one.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3530 May 22, 2013
They illegally used the IRS to intimidate conservatives with harrassment and leaking tax return data to the media.

They don't care about the First Amendment, instead they take the Fifth:

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/2...

May 22, 2013, 1:35 pm []
Remaining Silent on the I.R.S.
By DAVID FIRESTONE

Lois Lerner, the director of exempt organizations for the Internal Revenue Service, asserted her Fifth Amendment rights this morning when asked to testify before a House committee. As she walked out the door, she took with her potentially valuable information about why the I.R.S. singled out conservative groups that requested tax exempt status, subjecting them to extra scrutiny.

It was a huge loss for anyone who really wanted to know what happened. But under the circumstances, it’s not surprising that Ms. Lerner’s lawyers advised her to invoke her right against self-incrimination, and that she took their advice....
common sense

Box Hill, Australia

#3531 May 22, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
We pale in comparison to you guys.
common sense

Box Hill, Australia

#3532 May 22, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>Buttercup, you are the one who makes it look like you need the "mental assistance" and are obsessed with other folk's sex lives. I'm just here to help you out. <quoted text>Sweetie, I didn't provide you the links you so obviously need, because you're hiding behind a proxy server and I can't be sure where to send you. I'm familiar with your problem though, they let far too many of your ilk wander around without adult supervision.
<quoted text>Buttercup, since I seriously doubt you have ever been to a "gay mardi gras" or a "pride march", it is just you obsessing and fantasizing. You're easily amused because you are an idiot. I thought you knew. By the by bunny, I'm sure that you were taught the proper use of punctuation, if you don't wish to be talked to like a moron, it's best not to act like one.
Thats ok Rick ,i know you gays wish and hope that we would obsess and fantasize about your sex life but believe me ,nothing disgusts us more.You are right though,ive never been to a gay mardi gras or parade but have seen them on tv and they're definately not very enticing for me.

Just wondering ,are all over the hill queers as bitchy and bitter as you.?

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3533 May 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
So Parse Bunny! You're saying that a single person who isn't pretty or rich deserves to be taxed more to subsidize breeding?
Well, you're half right... about you not thinking, that is!
This debate is dead. I'm outta here.
Wow, you are a moron, aren't you. Thank you for going out of your way to make a cartoon of yourself in order illustrate how stupid you are.

The reality remains that you still lack the ability to indicate a reason why same sex couples should be denied equal protection of the laws. You also seem to suffer from the delusion that single people don't have equal protection of the law to choose to marry. It isn't the fault of the state if they can't find a consenting partner.

Only an imbecile would think otherwise.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3534 May 22, 2013
common sense wrote:
We pale in comparison to you guys.
Apparently, on every level.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3535 May 22, 2013
This issue is bigger than Obama, it's about liberalism. They abuse the power they have now and want more power to rewrite marriage law for all.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3536 May 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
This issue is bigger than Obama, it's about liberalism. They abuse the power they have now and want more power to rewrite marriage law for all.
Are you a moron? Want to talk abuse of power? Let's talk WMDs, Gitmo, enhanced interrogation techniques, etc.

Liberals are seeking equal protection of the law in accordance with the US Constitution.

Congratulations, you've proven that you are none too bright.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3537 May 22, 2013
Let's talk the war on Libya, drone strikes on American citizens, Benghazi, spying on the Associated Press and IRS harassment. Bush has been gone for five years, wake up.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Home, sweet home.

#3538 May 22, 2013
There is no gender equality right in the US Constitution. The 14th Amendment explicitly states males are unequal to females.

lides

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#3539 May 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Let's talk the war on Libya, drone strikes on American citizens, Benghazi, spying on the Associated Press and IRS harassment. Bush has been gone for five years, wake up.
Let's talk irrelevant hypocrisy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min WelbyMD 237,840
News California raises smoking age to 21, tightens v... (May '16) 1 hr Say What 56
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Rshermr 63,403
News California lawmakers eye statewide immigration ... 19 hr Oklady 13
Election Who are you voting for in the California Govern... (Oct '14) Fri Well Well 15
News Parents, care providers criticize Inland Region... (Sep '10) Feb 24 katy88 23
News California lawmakers eye statewide immigration ... Feb 22 Battle Tested 97
More from around the web