Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61390 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#32048 Mar 2, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Just thoughtfully giving you a heads up that getting all 50 states won't change reality.
Actually it does.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#32049 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He is active on other threads now violating the hell out of Danth's Law and Godwin's Law among his usual pack of lies and his narcissism is in full flareup mode.
Sheepie GOOD!
Frankie BAD! ANTIGAY!!
SSM GOOD!
Polygamy BAD!
I should have gone to church with my girlfriend. She's silly like that. I won't go but sometimes I think I should just for her. I always plan to but...
The roof would fall in if I walked in I tell her. I don't wanna be responsible for 100ish dead Catholics. Old St Peter would have a field day with me.
I go to church when they are having a BBQ or a pot luck. Screw those coffee and donuts things. Damn, those Baptists can cook!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32050 Mar 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course unrelated consenting adult couples should be able to marry.
I've never said they shouldn't.
Why only couples? Why unrelated? We allow first cousins to marry in many states.

P.S. Remember when you said why only opposite sex? I do. I was saying it too because I support marriage equality. You stopped short. Now you don't support marriage equality because you got yours and you don't like the people who would like theirs.

Location hidden

#32051 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
You are out of touch with reality. But we expect that from Oklahoma.
Blame everyone in the State because of one person you can't refute. Not nice Xbreath. Not nice.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#32052 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are truly concerned about AIDS, then you would support gay marriage, which naturally promotes monogamy, which naturally reduces the spread of all STD's.
Otherwise you're a hypocrite.
How does gay (male) marriage "naturally promotes monogamy"? So two men are going to suddenly be monogamous, as opposed to "monogamish", because the state declares their emotional sexual relationship "marriage"?

Tawas City, Michigan

#32053 Mar 2, 2014
Uncle Sam wrote:
homosexuals think by wining the marriage battle they will win the war. traditional marriage was the glue of society. With its demise goes the demise of society.
Oh, the sky is falling, the sky is falling.....

You moronic bigots said the same thing when inter-racial couples could marry.

Location hidden

#32054 Mar 2, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken Little and Henny Penny are one and the same.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henny_Penny
Thank you for explaining that.

Just like Jesus and Satan are the same thing.{ask me and I'll post it} tee hee.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32055 Mar 2, 2014
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Marriage is a legal contract, silly.
Change the name and everyone will be happy. States will be out of the marrying business. It's just too simple, no one would have anything to whine about.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32056 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
That in no way substantiated the initial claim.
Which was what again? So many posts, so little time.

Location hidden

#32057 Mar 2, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It effects everyone's marriage.
Homosexuality is un-natural, un-healthy and is bad for society as a whole
Liar. Homophobia is unnatural, unhealthy and is bad for all individuals.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32058 Mar 2, 2014
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhhhh....yes....I do remember it, but they played Dino.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Acch! Old timers memory. Dean Martin!

Boy I loved that show. Check the name of Tony's boat- Stugots! I grew up around those guys.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32059 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a stupid reply. Of course it goes both ways. You know what is best for you and she knows what is best for her. This is third grade kind of stuff. Let's move on.
It makes your argument moot.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32060 Mar 2, 2014
Tony C wrote:
<quoted text>
Sinatra rules.
Bravo! There's hope for you yet.:)

Tawas City, Michigan

#32061 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade Sheepie should be thanking you for reminding him what he is talking about. No wonder he changes his mind every three days, he just can't remember what he said were his deeply held opinions that long ago in the past. In three days he'll need you to tell him again.
And in 3 days polygamy will still be illegal.

And 3 days after that polygamy will still be illegal.

Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc.........
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32063 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no God, the Universe is doing just fine with out one. The problem is, you are not participating in what the Universe is doing and that is why the earth is a lunatic asylum.
The more sane an individual is, the more he minds his own business.
The science is still out on collective consciousness, but I believe it is headed towards confirming it. This would mean a collective consciousness between all humankind and gives credence to Jesus teaching of us being one with Him and the Father.

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32064 Mar 2, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell me....how has my being legally married to my wife have ANY affect on you or another's marriage? I know that NO one's marriage has ANY affect on mine, nor did marriages have an affect on me before I got married almost 6 years ago!!!
So tell us....how would legal plural marriage have ANY effect on you, or another's marriage?

If that's the argument, then there's no reason to designate any number of consenting adult relationships, "marriage"? Is that the ultimate objective? Everyone gets a "marriage" label?

Tawas City, Michigan

#32065 Mar 2, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Comrade Sheepie has no problem at all with lying. He will not be shamed in the least.
Except I've never lied.

Just because you're too stupid or drunk to comprehend basic English doesn't mean I wasn't being truthful.
Uncle Sam

Beckley, WV

#32066 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see this? It refutes your argument that God makes mistakes:
"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world,.... Having predestinated us...(Eph. 1:4-5),
"... to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be....whom he did predestinate,..." (Rom. 8:28-30),
".... because God hath from the beginning chosen you " (2 Thess. 2:13),
"....we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of God...after the counsel of his own will" (Eph. 1:11),
"For we are his workmanship,....,(Eph. 2:10),
"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps" (Prov. 16:9),
"He will carry out what he has planned for me, and of many such matters He is mindful" (Job 23:14 Mod. Lang),
"Only, let every one lead the life which the Lord has assigned to him, and in which God has called him" (1 Cor. 7:17 RSV),
"...your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be" (Psalm 139:16 NIV),
"Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Prov. 20:24),
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Prov. 19:21 NIV),
"Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed" (Job 14:5 NIV),
What's your point, homosexuality is not a mistake? Is down syndrome a mistake?
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#32067 Mar 2, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame everyone in the State because of one person you can't refute. Not nice Xbreath. Not nice.
Oklahoma is a beautiful state with warm friendly people. X-Rated breath lives in Joisey. Which is another beautiful state that gets a bad rap.

Did you know X-rated Breath lives in Weehawken? Whoa! Right? Upscale! I told him I was real proud of him for that. Real proud. Weehawken. WOW!

When you live in NY the light at the end of the tunnel is only New Jersey!

“Vita e' Bella.”

Location hidden

#32068 Mar 2, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And in 3 days polygamy will still be illegal.
And in three days polygamy will still be legal, but not legally recognized.
And 3 days after that polygamy will still be legal, but not legally recognized.
And 3 days after that polygamy will still be legal, but not legally recognized.

Until the day when it is legally recognized.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr doG mnaDed lyHo i... 64,310
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr loose cannon 243,095
News Countdown clock ticking for Trump, Republicans 15 hr Concave 53
NJ Senator Stephen Sweeney arrested 16 hr joey 1
Ben Morgan of Facebook (Apr '17) 22 hr Kayante 2
News Scientists accidentally admit rapid global warm... Dec 11 Fugooo 2
News Drug companies sue to block California drug pri... Dec 9 Solarman 1
More from around the web