Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61391 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#30582 Feb 25, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill wrote:
<quoted text>
Get used to feeling like a victim.
By the way, dumb sht, I explained that bit about "refuse service to anyone" and you could not even manage a substantive reply, such as, "Oh yeah, I knew that," or, "You're wrong because...," or, "Thanks for the correction."
Because you're stupid and hellbent on stayin' that way.
....and you are mentally ill, obviously damaged beyond the point of self-healing and you really don't care if anyone else is a victim. It's ALL about YOU!

So noted! All you lurker wannabe Democrats! Your douche-bag party is showing its true colors. Your only goal is personal ambitions by the maniacally obsessed. You KNOW that your only destiny is to server your master and you will never succeed unless your master succeeds more. Is that the basis of any kind of "culture"? I think NOT!

The only way to succeed is to put the community first. You need a mission statement and you need to LIST what types of behavior are and are not acceptable. The phony Libertarian crap is OVER! You need to abandon that worthless party and make something new that can do good things again.....that is, IF you ever were interested in such things to begin with!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#30583 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey sick cretin, the post of mine you quoted was not directed to you.
Go back to your unhinged, endless solo dialogues.
Alan is a twitch away from coming out of the closet and you're here foaming at the mouth over his comments?

Tick tock! Tick tock!

Alan will drag this out because of you, but his need for attention will overcome all. Be a good sock puppet and play this out right. Don't forget the magic words; NAZI, KKK, denial, projecting, 14th Amendment, close scrutiny, and maybe go and patronize Blacks a bit but only when talking about penis size. We want to troll for phony Christian drunks, not rational arguments, right?

Drive on, soldier!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
d pantz

United States

#30585 Feb 25, 2014
tha Professor wrote:
Marriage is marriage. If you have the legal right to be a gay couple, you have the legal right to be a gay MARRIED couple. End of debate.
Let's climb out of the 19th century, folks.
sanctity is a belief. Personal beliefs and the state (tax codes, insurance laws) should always be separate. I'm a single straight male who came to the decision (by thinking as a free individual) that I don't believe in sanctity. I also think the government shouldn't recognize any marriage with monetary rewards. I'm not against marriage though, just the government rewarding married couples. If ssm is legalized federally and all the tax code and insurance laws of the like that homosexuals say discriminate against them now are just discrimination of single people who made a free choice to be single. Let's be honest here.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#30586 Feb 25, 2014
Poof: Why? According to Al, you don't need any special treatment.

ALAN: Why do you change my words? That is not what I said at all. What I said was, I should not be forced to provide for anyone I do not want to provide for. I would be happy to bring Charlie a beer if my kitchen was too inconvenient for his wheel chair so he could get in there. That is what a gentleman does.

Last summer I was driving down the road and I saw my neighbor and his 6 months pregnant wife trying to move a couch into the back of a truck or something. Clearly she was not up to the task. When I saw they needed help I stopped and said, "let me help" and I helped the husband get the couch into the back of his truck. They were very grateful. Now how likely would I have been to help if 5 brown shirts told me my neighbor needed help and it was my turn to help someone?

Each year we host a couple kids from foreign countries to spend 6 weeks here in America. We are not paid anything for this. We make them part of our family and we give them the American experience. Obviously their "American experience" at my house is a lot different than if they would have stayed at your house.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30587 Feb 25, 2014
Fundies R Mentally ill: You don't know the difference between being purposefully stupid and wondering.

ALAN: And you do not know when someone is 'pulling your leg','putting you on,''playing with you' and 'kidding around.'

FRM: A business may throw someone out for some cause, such as the customer behaving like a rube homophobe to other customers. Or being a sloppy drunk. A business may not refuse service to some customer just because the customer belongs to a certain protected group.

ALAN: We know all of this, we have been over it about a brazillian times. The question is, do you as an individual have the right to say no and do you lose your rights when you open a business.

FRM: Everyone knows this. You can't be here spreading your bigotry for six hours a day all year and not be aware of these basic, definitional issues. Unless you wish to be ignorant to further your anti glbt defamation.

ALAN: Someone who supports gay marriage and gay rights is a homophobe just because you do not get their sense of humor? Someone who is invited to gay couples homes is defaming the GLBT community? Gee, why not tell me there is a God.

Please do not miss my sarcasm and claim I believe in God.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
d pantz

United States

#30588 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Hey stupid filth, I explained the distinction you freeeks well understand to you again. You're anti rational.
A right to "refuse service to anyone" does not mean a business can discriminate against ......., or in an increasing number of places because that customer is gay.
It's simple. But too complex for shtheads such as yourself.
here we go. What law are you basing that on? You might be as ill as the "Fundies".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30589 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I doubt a devout Islamist would refuse to treat a wounded Christian. It would be a silly job choice if that were so. I could be wrong. I know little of religion I readily admit. I was lucky to have largely escaped it in childhood and gladly so seeing the scars of it on others. It seems on the surface a good thing but look at the trouble it's caused us throughout history. But it's not entirely the religion, it's the dogmatic people.
In the case of the baker there were hotheads on both sides of the counter who purposely created the problem.
I can't find any story where a muslim, devout or otherwise refused to treat non-muslims. Some one is making up stories so they can avoid dealing with the ones that actually exist. I too escaped religion growing up except to see how it made people insane. Then I became interested and now I shove the Bible down the throats of bigots. I am not so sure the baker was as much of a hot head as was the gay couple. Gays are wanting to compare being murdered for not moving to the back of the bus with the slight of being told, I'll happily make brownies for your reception but I don't make gay wedding cakes. It is truly amazing how blown out of proportion this has become and how gays are acting as if they were taken from their parents and sold or being hosed with fire hoses for walking down the street. All one can do is shake ones head in utter amazement at the silliness of it all.

And the number of negative judgits I get will confirm how intolerant gays are of opinions different from their own. I expect at least 45. How many have you got Frankie for any one post?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30590 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I doubt a devout Islamist would refuse to treat a wounded Christian. It would be a silly job choice if that were so. I could be wrong. I know little of religion I readily admit. I was lucky to have largely escaped it in childhood and gladly so seeing the scars of it on others. It seems on the surface a good thing but look at the trouble it's caused us throughout history. But it's not entirely the religion, it's the dogmatic people.
In the case of the baker there were hotheads on both sides of the counter who purposely created the problem.
You only got 15 negative judgits for that post Frankie. I beat you with 18 on my last one. I am going for 20.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#30591 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way to limit any other marriage to consenting adults. We don't need special laws to limit just polygamy to consenting adults. The laws already exist.
No, the laws DON'T exist.

Adults CAN marry children in EVERY state.

That's the whole point.

Location hidden

#30592 Feb 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens, I don't think he likes me either.
I got 36 negative judgits for that one Frankie, what is the most you have ever got? Sheepie must have been busy, real busy to spend so much time on that. What a loser he is.

I only got 15 negative judgits when I said gays have the right to get married.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30593 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I grate on some people. It's why the party poopers throw me out.
I have only been thrown out of bars twice. Each time it was a gay bar and because I was with a woman. I didn't even get to order a drink before they kicked us out and not very nicely either. One was in Hayward if memory serves and the other was The Tool Box that I have mentioned several times. I just remembered the other one. My cousin had met this really believable drag queen and the four of us were going to go out but stopped in at his local gay bar first to show off his new hair color. Once they saw that Lynn was a real girl they refused us service.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30594 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor I am not but ugly, only physically. I do fine. Too good actually... When you get my age they are all young women! Ah good times! The last one had a dead husband was a real cheapskate he saved all his pennies then died. So we spent them in Jamaica! Nice vacation Jamaica mon!
If I am mistaken for being gay here in America because of my many gay friends and especially my gay cousin I sure as hell would not be going to Jamaica!

""""" Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) persons in Jamaica face legal and social issues not experienced by non-LGBT people. Sexual acts between men are punishable with up to ten years imprisonment. Sexual acts between women are legal.

Jamaica has been described by some human rights groups as the most homophobic place on Earth because of the high level of violent crime directed at LGBT people.[1] The United States Department of State said that in 2012, "[h]omophobia was widespread in the country".[2] The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in 2012 said that "discrimination based on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression is widespread throughout Jamaica, and ... discrimination against those in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and intersex ... communities is entrenched in Jamaican State institutions. Those who are not heterosexual or cisgender face political and legal stigmatization, police violence, an inability to access the justice system, as well as intimidation, violence, and pressure in their homes and communities."[3]:page: 95 Human Rights Watch said in 2012 that because of homophobia, "human rights defenders advocating the rights of LGBT people are not safe in Jamaica".[4]"" """

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30595 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I say they both created the problem. The baker wanted to make it a problem the customers wanted to make it a problem so a problem it became.
Its true. The Baker wanted to go to prison for a year so as to bring attention to the government forcing him to bake gay wedding cakes. Going to prison for a year for refusing to bake a wedding cake not only pissed off all the religious fanatics but many friends of the gay community as well as many members of the gay community themselves.

I say the government created the problem. I blame the government for making gays feel that they are so repulsive that the government must step in and force people to serve them. That no one in their right mind would give them the time of day and the only way gay people can live in America is why the government forces people to serve them.

How proud gays must be to walk into a bakery and say, I know I am a disgusting, perverted piece of shit but you still have to serve me because the government will fuck you up if you don't.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
d pantz

United States

#30596 Feb 25, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the laws DON'T exist.
Adults CAN marry children in EVERY state.
That's the whole point.
thankfully custody laws prevent most of that. And consent law.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30597 Feb 25, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone is going to be ADA at some point in their life if they live long enough
Perhaps that explains the large numbers of stickers, the population is aging.
I blame the abortion industry for murdering an entire generation of young people.
Well if abortion is so horrible, and I believe it is, then why didn't God bother to say anything about it in the Bible? God is very clear that slavery is perfectly acceptable and gives rules about how it is to be run. And that homosexuals are so abominable that they must be put to death. But silence is all we get about abortion. Why is that?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#30598 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
My hog leg pistol says you don't have the right to kill my dog. I don't have a dog but if you try to kill my pet rat "Fruitloops" I just might use it!
Rats could teach people a lot about getting along. Fruitloops is highly intelligent. Amazing! Doesn't have a mean bone in his body. He roams free on my boat and I always wake up with the silly little fu**ker on the pillow next to my head. Freaks out my girlfriends.
My gold fish Mona is highly intelligent. If Comrade Sheepie ever tried to kill her he'd be in big trouble. Is Comrade Sheepie going to be the next Jeffery Dahmer?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#30599 Feb 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its true. The Baker wanted to go to prison for a year so as to bring attention to the government forcing him to bake gay wedding cakes. Going to prison for a year for refusing to bake a wedding cake not only pissed off all the religious fanatics but many friends of the gay community as well as many members of the gay community themselves.
I say the government created the problem. I blame the government for making gays feel that they are so repulsive that the government must step in and force people to serve them. That no one in their right mind would give them the time of day and the only way gay people can live in America is why the government forces people to serve them.
How proud gays must be to walk into a bakery and say, I know I am a disgusting, perverted piece of shit but you still have to serve me because the government will fuck you up if you don't.
How proud you must be to fabricate scenarios about gay people and then argue about them.

No one forced the baker to make cakes.

"Respondents choose to stop making wedding cakes altogether to avoid future violations of the law; that is a matter of personal choice and not a result compelled by the state."
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/asse...

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#30600 Feb 25, 2014
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Polygamy is off topic but dick size isn't.
Dreaming about either won't make it so.....
d pantz

United States

#30602 Feb 25, 2014
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only been thrown out of bars twice. Each time it was a gay bar and because I was with a woman. I didn't even get to order a drink before they kicked us out and not very nicely either. One was in Hayward if memory serves and the other was The Tool Box that I have mentioned several times. I just remembered the other one. My cousin had met this really believable drag queen and the four of us were going to go out but stopped in at his local gay bar first to show off his new hair color. Once they saw that Lynn was a real girl they refused us service.
really? I went with a girlfriend a few times when we were in our 20's and they let her and I in for free. I don't know how many dudes bought her and I drinks too. Most of them stopped though when they tried to touch me. Kinda awkward and kinda why anybody who isn't gay would want to go there anyway. Unless you like guys buying you drinks and trying to molest you. Welcome to what its like for women at night clubs. It is a bar and you have to expect adult situations.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#30603 Feb 25, 2014
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dreaming about either won't make it so.....
You found that out eh? You're not that old and used up, maybe some big dicked lunkhead will rock your world yet! Don't give up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Patriot AKA Bozo 60,087
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Coffee Party 216,697
News Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, ren... 2 hr White guilt 7
News Violence follows California Trump rally, about ... 3 hr Denny CranesPlace 1,330
AT&T subscriber in california Sun Jam 1
Bill Clinton "Did it " with Mondale's daughter ... Sat NoClinton 1
News High Desert residents struggle with wind turbin... (Mar '10) Sat Solarman 25
More from around the web