Gay marriage

Gay marriage

There are 61392 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Mar 28, 2013, titled Gay marriage. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court is considering two controversial cases involving whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry: Proposition 8, California's 2008 ban on gay marriage, and the Defense of Marriage Act, which since 1996 has defined marriage for federal purposes as a union between a man and a woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Since: May 09

Nonya!

#2778 Apr 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman; every gay was born of opposite sex union. Same sex cohabitation rights exist now; we don't need special rights to rewrite marriage laws based on sexual orientation.
Ignore the troll that will follow your every response...no one cares about what he thinks...

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2779 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
We should never have fallen into the civil union trap. It was all a stepping stone to ssm....
Or, as some would say, equality.

Opposition is futile, equality will come to pass.
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Richmond, IN

#2780 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
We should never have fallen into the civil union trap. It was all a stepping stone to ssm....
Your posts clearly demonstrate what happens when first cousins reproduce!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2781 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignore the troll that will follow your every response...no one cares about what he thinks...
No one care about what you think, because you are incapable of thought.

Feel free to reenter a conversation and indicate a legitimate reason to deny equal protection of the law for same sex couples to marry. I don't think you can. in fact, each new post proves you cannot.

one wonders what you will do if the US Supreme Court legalizes same sex marriage? Have you thought about relocation to Canada? Oh wait, they too have same sex marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2782 Apr 26, 2013
Legal marriage is a privilege; same sex couples don't meet the standards. So sorry.

Civil unions and domestic partnerships are perfect compromise. That way, we get the rights same sex couples deserve and need without changing the definition of marriage.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2783 Apr 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Legal marriage is a privilege; same sex couples don't meet the standards. So sorry.
Civil unions and domestic partnerships are perfect compromise. That way, we get the rights same sex couples deserve and need without changing the definition of marriage.
Nice rationalization, but you are wrong. Legal marriage does provide rights and protections, and has been ruled not only a right, but a fundamental right by the US Supreme Court on 14 separate occasions. They have separately held that fundamental rights may not be put to a vote. The definition of marriage is irrelevant if it unconstitutionally is made up to exclude US citizens from equal protection under the law absent a compelling state interest.

Thank you, for airing your ignorance in public.
http://www.afer.org/blog/video-14-supreme-cou...
http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bene.ht...
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/histori...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#2784 Apr 26, 2013
Would you say the state has a vital and compelling interest for keeping same sex marriage out of gender segregated institutions like prisons?

Then note, one of the 14 occasions lides cited above includes the right for a prisoner to marry another prisoner. Same sex marriage would be a disaster for everyone, prisoner and guard alike.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2785 Apr 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Would you say the state has a vital and compelling interest for keeping same sex marriage out of gender segregated institutions like prisons?
Then note, one of the 14 occasions lides cited above includes the right for a prisoner to marry another prisoner. Same sex marriage would be a disaster for everyone, prisoner and guard alike.
No it wouldn't. And the US Supreme Court has already held, as you have indicate that prisoners have a right to marry.

Funny how you attempt, frankly even funnier if you did this inadvertently, to equal same sex marriage with criminal activity.

Grow up.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2786 Apr 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Well, I tried to warn you...his posts will be irrelevant, irresponsible and unresponsive to yours....ignor him...it's actually pretty easy to do...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2787 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I tried to warn you...his posts will be irrelevant, irresponsible and unresponsive to yours....ignor him...it's actually pretty easy to do...
You are too funny fool. If you were as intelligent as you are funny, you would be a genius.

As fate would have it, however, you don't even appear to be able to make an on topic argument. Preferring instead to live in your fantasy world promoting same sex incest and polygamy.

Do you really mean to argue FOR those things, you do you honestly believe that you are making a valid point against same sex marriage? Because if you really believe your arguments are relevant, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2788 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
..even when he tries to bait you by posting after you...you just laugh and move on...he's just soooo irrelevant...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2789 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
..even when he tries to bait you by posting after you...you just laugh and move on...he's just soooo irrelevant...
Did you notice that you just posted and didn't say anything relevant to the topic? Yeah, that's being irrelevant, which is a step above your usual posts that are simply insane.

Feel free to indicate a legitimate state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry. Thus far, you haven't been able to do so.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2790 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2791 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
LOL!!
What kind of moron replies to their own posts?

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2792 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
LOL!!!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2793 Apr 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of moron replies to their own posts?
Take a wild guess...

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#2794 Apr 26, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
Take a wild guess...
Fool has long since prove they have, at best, a tenuous grasp on their sanity.

“You Get My Truth Here!”

Nonya!

#2795 Apr 26, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a wild guess...
Stupider! How nice to hear from you on a Friday afternoon...got any plans for the weekend???
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2796 Apr 26, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you, 12? If not, stop acting like a juvenile.
<quoted text>
I've never argued pursuit of happiness, nor need I do so, even though it was a founding principal established in the Declaration of Independence.
So long as the constitution contains equal protection of the law, such an argument is unnecessary.
Feel free to present a rational argument to the contrary.
You're parsing my comments.

There will be no further response to your statements so take your "adult" dominance game elsewhere.
anonymous

Barberton, OH

#2797 Apr 26, 2013
Get That Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an interesting take...because if in fact we limit it to two consenting adults..why not two brothers??
Devil's advocate?

Well, that's not the problem. The problem is that the government is subsidizing marriage. Anyone can "marry" another as long as the meaning behind it is just a symbolic promise. When the government turns it into a financial contract with tax breaks, they are endorsing and decreasing the tax burden of a political point of view. That's what makes it unconstitutional.

Even if you call it a break for breeders, since when is it the government's job to keep up the livestock that make up the labor force? Bad intentions and bad results, because every good ol' boy system will only work if it only profits a select few. You either break the democracy or you ruin the value of the kickback you promised.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 214,640
Need Urgent Financial assistance or Loan? Conta... (Jun '13) 13 min Lisa 15
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr The Donald_ 59,545
fun with kimmie 2 hr Gold6242 1
News As Lake Mead dwindles, can an interstate water ... 2 hr Three Psyche 3
If Hillary Elected, Putin Says He Will "Prepare... 2 hr RuA 4
Investing in Russia 2 hr RuA 1
More from around the web