First Prev
of 36
Next Last

“For those about to Hack!”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1 Jun 29, 2007
California, I was born and raised here, and I am raising my two kids here along side my wife who was born and raised here. And here is what pisses me off, we've been working just to make ends meet and can't even afford daycare for our children. We can't afford to buy a house, and can only rent. We went in to talk about maybe getting some "aid" from the state...and we're just over the bracket to get aid whether it be cash aid, medicare (or medi-cal I forget which one) or even food stamps. So, We work and work and work just to make rent and buy food and gas and thats about it. But the part that REALLY chaps my hide, My frickin in-laws, one who is an ex-con, and the other a fat B**** who hasn't worked more than a single week in her life, leech of the welfare system. Her 3 kids eat better than mine, and are dressed better than mine, and the don't even frigging work! So I have to ask, where is the F'N motivation to work? I work because I don't want to be "that person" who leeches... I WANT to earn my way, but California makes it hard for me to even frickin' succeed. Sorry for the Rant, Just wanted to get that out there.
GRRRR
oneways

Glendale, CA

#2 Jun 29, 2007
Whats all that have to do with California?
Sounds like a personal problem

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#3 Jun 29, 2007
Yeah perhaps it is, sorry. I just meant that California rewards those who are lazy and those who actually pay their taxes who may need aid for a temporary period, but have jobs have a harder time receiving such aid.
Example, Although I am working now, I was unemployed and my wife was working at a gas station. No insurance for our kids or us and we had a tough time keeping on our feet. We went to the county for "aid" and her measly wage and my unemployment pay (which wasn't much at all) kept us over the "bracket" for any such aid.
Perhaps I don't get how it all works out and frustrates me, but dang, I've paid my taxes why can't I get a little help when I need it? I don't want to be on the gravy train or anything, just enough to make sure my kids can get the help they need and enough to eat, and to stay frickin' warm.
just me

Nelson, CA

#4 Jun 29, 2007
I totally agree with you ElRavager, its the system that stinks...What incentive is there, when they can pop kid after kid out, get them free lunches at school, get food stamps, and financial help. I only moved to Calif in the mid 80's, grew up back east and we were raised to earn our keep so to speak. So many out here in calif. haven't never been taught that aspect of life, because their own parents did what they are doing now..sucking off all the freebies, from generation down to generation. They don't have to worry about gas and elec bills because pg&e even gives them a break. We've never been without a job, they are out there but ya gotta get off ya arse and go look for one. Sure we had jobs we didnt particularly like or think paid well enough, but we were proud of what we did for our family, we could hold our heads up high.

“Cause Im as free as a bird now”

Orlando, FL

#5 Jun 29, 2007
The cost of living in California is just as high as the cost of living in New York.

I feel for you, but by your family members being lazy and leeching off the system, they aren't setting a good example for their kids.

Your kids see you work hard and I'm sure they respect that very much (or will later on down the road), I guaruntee it.

Keep your head up darling and don't loose sight of big picture.
The Real deal

Fontana, CA

#6 Jun 29, 2007
El Ravager wrote:
California, I was born and raised here, and I am raising my two kids here along side my wife who was born and raised here. And here is what pisses me off, we've been working just to make ends meet and can't even afford daycare for our children. We can't afford to buy a house, and can only rent. We went in to talk about maybe getting some "aid" from the state...and we're just over the bracket to get aid whether it be cash aid, medicare (or medi-cal I forget which one) or even food stamps. So, We work and work and work just to make rent and buy food and gas and thats about it. But the part that REALLY chaps my hide, My frickin in-laws, one who is an ex-con, and the other a fat B**** who hasn't worked more than a single week in her life, leech of the welfare system. Her 3 kids eat better than mine, and are dressed better than mine, and the don't even frigging work! So I have to ask, where is the F'N motivation to work? I work because I don't want to be "that person" who leeches... I WANT to earn my way, but California makes it hard for me to even frickin' succeed. Sorry for the Rant, Just wanted to get that out there.
GRRRR
I hear you, but it`s not just California. This happens everywhere in the United States. I too have been in the same situtation as you, and we were shunned away when we needed help! Yet the sh!tbag who was on welfare, paying with food stamps, gets into his\her brand new car. Go figure!
Funny

Antioch, CA

#7 Jun 29, 2007
How is it you think if they worked:
1) it would be work worth selling.
2) Resources worth wasting
3) there would be jobs to go around.

Why is it there is an assumption work is hard,
I would work for nothing at most jobs just to be among friends and active.
I used to be a landscaper and people would jog by.
I would offer them my hoe to get up some sweat but Oh, NO!
Work is attitude!
Good people are hard workers! They laugh and have a life.
People who are lazy should be pitied. I think only people who work should be allowed to have a baby but that is cause people need to stop having kids but no one sees the harm they cause, YET.

Too many people with meaningless lives. Work is fun.
A privilege if you ask me.
I just hate commuting past all the ghettos the government builds.
The government is a welfare system, except for the politicians they ought to be locked up for the kind of work they do.
I have done both and I'd rather work!
oneways

Glendale, CA

#8 Jun 30, 2007
The Real deal wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you, but it`s not just California. This happens everywhere in the United States. I too have been in the same situtation as you, and we were shunned away when we needed help! Yet the sh!tbag who was on welfare, paying with food stamps, gets into his\her brand new car. Go figure!
On welfare AND get a brand new car?
Who exectly is that?
oneways

Glendale, CA

#9 Jun 30, 2007
Lizzie Style wrote:
The cost of living in California is just as high as the cost of living in New York.
I feel for you, but by your family members being lazy and leeching off the system, they aren't setting a good example for their kids.
Your kids see you work hard and I'm sure they respect that very much (or will later on down the road), I guaruntee it.
Keep your head up darling and don't loose sight of big picture.
You left out don't blame California,
which is what this thread is about
oneways

Glendale, CA

#10 Jun 30, 2007
El Ravager wrote:
Yeah perhaps it is, sorry. I just meant that California rewards those who are lazy and those who actually pay their taxes who may need aid for a temporary period, but have jobs have a harder time receiving such aid.
Example, Although I am working now, I was unemployed and my wife was working at a gas station. No insurance for our kids or us and we had a tough time keeping on our feet. We went to the county for "aid" and her measly wage and my unemployment pay (which wasn't much at all) kept us over the "bracket" for any such aid.
Perhaps I don't get how it all works out and frustrates me, but dang, I've paid my taxes why can't I get a little help when I need it? I don't want to be on the gravy train or anything, just enough to make sure my kids can get the help they need and enough to eat, and to stay frickin' warm.
Who do they reward that are lazy?
Can you ariticulate?
oneways

Glendale, CA

#11 Jun 30, 2007
just me wrote:
I totally agree with you ElRavager, its the system that stinks...What incentive is there, when they can pop kid after kid out, get them free lunches at school, get food stamps, and financial help. I only moved to Calif in the mid 80's, grew up back east and we were raised to earn our keep so to speak. So many out here in calif. haven't never been taught that aspect of life, because their own parents did what they are doing now..sucking off all the freebies, from generation down to generation. They don't have to worry about gas and elec bills because pg&e even gives them a break. We've never been without a job, they are out there but ya gotta get off ya arse and go look for one. Sure we had jobs we didnt particularly like or think paid well enough, but we were proud of what we did for our family, we could hold our heads up high.
Wo is "THEY"
and "THEM"?
Get Educated

Orange, CA

#12 Jun 30, 2007
I also live in Ca. I live in a nice house and have a new car. I do work 2 jobs, but I figure that is a given to live the way I do. I was a widow at 22 with 2 babies. But I refused to play victim and got up and brushed off my knees and fought my way out of the hole I was in. I never bothered to look at how everyone else was living, I just thought about how I could make it beter for me and my children.

If your wife is working in a gas station, I assume you are working non-skilled jobs. I suggest one or both of you go back to school. I know time is stretched, but take a few classes at a time. Eventually you can get a better paying job. Skilled jobs in CA are all over the place. Have you tried applying for a better paying job? Have you looked at Monster.com or careerbuilder.com ?

Break the cycle. Make your kids do their homework. Read to them. Insist they study before they go outside. Insist they take AP classes and tests as they get older. Send them to the best college by filling out the FAFSA and getting grants. The best college in the country will only charge you what you can afford thanks to grants if your child qualifies to be there.

Lastly, there must be some kind of fraud going on. AFDC gives very little to a family of 4 in CA. I cannot imagine living on what it pays. I pay more for my car payments. Pick up the phone and report her.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 30, 2007
Haven't figured out how to copy quotes yet sorry, but yes "Get Educated" I wrote "Was working at a gas station" we both have better jobs now. It's not like I was looking for a handout, I just wanted to make sure that I could take care of my kids properly, isn't that the right thing for a parent to do? And my kids aren't even in school yet (too young):).

And "Oneways" Articulate: My sister in law who has worked for maybe a week in her entire life (and she brags about it) and got on the welfare system and leeches off it along side her ex-con husband. I just don't think it's setting the right example for their kids and shouldn't be so easy for them to retain on the system for so long.

Thanks for listening.
Hate Idiots

Orange, CA

#14 Jun 30, 2007
El Ravager wrote:
Haven't figured out how to copy quotes yet sorry, but yes "Get Educated" I wrote "Was working at a gas station" we both have better jobs now. It's not like I was looking for a handout, I just wanted to make sure that I could take care of my kids properly, isn't that the right thing for a parent to do? And my kids aren't even in school yet (too young):).
And "Oneways" Articulate: My sister in law who has worked for maybe a week in her entire life (and she brags about it) and got on the welfare system and leeches off it along side her ex-con husband. I just don't think it's setting the right example for their kids and shouldn't be so easy for them to retain on the system for so long.
Thanks for listening.
I knew you were not looking fir a handout. It s obvious you are hard-working and proud.

But you WILL succeed with hard work and education. Your sis in law will never move any higher than she is. One those kids are gone, she will have to rely on a $505 Genral Relief check.

Again, I stress to you... get really involved in your kid's edcation. Buy books now and read to them. Teach them to read before they get to school and force them to study.
Hate Idiots

Orange, CA

#15 Jun 30, 2007
Sorry about the typos. My fingers haven't absorbed the coffee in my system yet.
Soldier Steve

Stockton, CA

#16 Jun 30, 2007
El Ravager wrote:
GRRRR
I have know American Citizen who gave up their citizenship because he was able to get grants and loans that a American Citizen who was also a wonded war veteran could not get. In Fresno county some of the Mexicans on Welfare have paid housekeepers to clean their house while they drive around in their welfare supplied cars.
In Yolo county 7 out 8 houses has the price increased by several thousand dollars so they can reduce the price on the 8th for a mexican.
The real deal

Fontana, CA

#17 Jun 30, 2007
oneways wrote:
<quoted text>
On welfare AND get a brand new car?
Who exectly is that?
Lets just say a certain race. I`ve seen them doing this since the 70`s.
Why CASucks

Vallejo, CA

#18 Jun 30, 2007
California is the most racist state in the nation. It even beats Waco on truck night. California does certain exceptions for SAUDI's though... holding their racist tendencies when the subjects are Wealthy Oil-Laden Terrorists. ha ha, Oil Laden... get it!
Ebony

United States

#19 Jun 30, 2007
El Ravager wrote:
GRRRR
I know how you feel. i work part time jobs that pay well and I still can barely afford a car! I am looking for a third so I can afford insurance. I don't get health insurance and most of the full-time jobs want your whole life (which i can't do because I am in college so I can be employable) or are for people who already have the skills I am in school for! Parents are poor so not much help there! I got strep from one of my students (i'm a teacher's aide) and the ER bill was over 700 dollars! they didnt even give me medicine! i sat there throwing up and then they just looked at my throat with a tongue Depressor. how is that worth 700 bucks??

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#21 Jun 30, 2007
California could be a lot better...It needs a tat of cleaning up..
But it is great for what it offers...nature wise..I think anyways..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 36
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min jimi-yank 53,060
News The underground world of cockfighting (Dec '08) 5 min Un agenda 21 and ... 158
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Guru 187,890
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 59 min Belle Sexton 59,651
New psychological research 17 hr SYS 1
News New California parole team targets sex offenders (Nov '10) Mon Sgt Kronk 19
News Robert Kennedy, Jr. is right about vaccines: A ... Mon VACCINES MAIM KILL 11
More from around the web