US consumer spending up 0.4 percent i...

US consumer spending up 0.4 percent in June

There are 5 comments on the KAUZ story from Aug 1, 2014, titled US consumer spending up 0.4 percent in June. In it, KAUZ reports that:

U.S. Rep. Eric Cantor tells a Virginia newspaper he will resign his seat in the House of Representatives months earlier than expected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAUZ.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#1 Aug 1, 2014
The report on spending showed that the gains were led by a 1 percent rise in purchases of nondurable goods such as food and clothing. Spending on services, the biggest spending category which covers things such as utilities, rent and health care, rose 0.2 percent in June.

Wow, the price of groceries and health care went up, so Democrats rejoice that consumer spending went up to meet the increased costs. How progressive.
foster

Ashburn, VA

#2 Aug 1, 2014
RustyS wrote:
The report on spending showed that the gains were led by a 1 percent rise in purchases of nondurable goods such as food and clothing. Spending on services, the biggest spending category which covers things such as utilities, rent and health care, rose 0.2 percent in June.
Wow, the price of groceries and health care went up, so Democrats rejoice that consumer spending went up to meet the increased costs. How progressive.
So did personal incomes by .4% which lead directly to increases in consumer spending. The more money consumers make, they more they spend. Why cant Republicans achieve these kind of results?
theidiotsareunit ed

Mercer Island, WA

#3 Aug 2, 2014
actually I splurged a 200% 100% of my own money and 100% debt. but I'm tapped out for many years to come.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

#4 Aug 2, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>So did personal incomes by .4% which lead directly to increases in consumer spending. The more money consumers make, they more they spend. Why cant Republicans achieve these kind of results?
Personal income did not go up near as much as what goods a household needs and buys......

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#7 Aug 2, 2014
foster wrote:
<quoted text>
So did personal incomes by .4% which lead directly to increases in consumer spending. The more money consumers make, they more they spend. Why cant Republicans achieve these kind of results?
There you go, raise food, utility and health care prices by a half percent, then raise personal income by the same and people spend more on those items and low and behold, consumer spending increases. The working people rejoice, they make more and spend more for the same result. Progressively brilliant economics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Enter 192,383
News California governor signs strict school vaccine... 1 hr FEAR MONGERING 23
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 hr Reverend Alan 60,551
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 hr Earthling-1 53,996
Why do black people hate cats? (Mar '09) 14 hr David 52
News California vaccine bill: Questions and answers 21 hr Matthew 5
Racism Sat Realist 3
More from around the web