BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 240413 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#195417 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummmm, talking about a loony-lefty. I wonder if this jerk will ask an armed robber to leave his gun in his car?
Store Ignores Obvious Signs, Goes Overboard With Its Anti-Gun Policy
The Daily Caller 20 hours ago
A furniture store in Takoma Park, Maryland that calls itself a “Weapons Free Environment” took its policy a bit too far on Independence Day.
That’s when a loss prevention officer at IKEA approached Alan Goldberg, who carried a visible, holstered firearm into the store, telling him he would have to leave the premises or place the weapon in his vehicle, according to NBC Washington.
The request caught Goldberg off guard: he is Takoma Park’s chief of police, and he was in uniform during his visit.
Goldberg was at the IKEA — a popular furniture store founded in Sweden — to shop with his college-bound daughter after having spent the morning working a July Fourth parade. He was also scheduled to work a fireworks display scheduled for later in the evening.
But none of that mattered to the store’s loss prevention officer, who approached Goldberg to inform him of IKEA’s zero-tolerance gun policy.
“He says we have a no firearms policy, and you’re either going to have to leave or you can lock your gun in the car,” Goldberg told NBC Washington.
The 35-year law enforcement veteran said he has never been asked to part with his service weapon before.
“It isn’t the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster,” Goldberg told the station.“And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That’s just ludicrous.”
Goldberg parked his shopping cart and left the store, but not before asking to view IKEA’s written policy. Management did not provide it at the time but released a statement to NBC Washington on Monday.
“We regret that there was a misunderstanding of our weapon policy in our College Park Store,” IKEA said in a statement.“Our weapon policy does not apply to law enforcement officers. We are taking steps to ensure that this is clear for all our co-workers.”
While Goldberg was angry enough over IKEA’s request on Friday to post about it on Facebook, he said he was satisfied by the store’s response on Monday.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
And you used about 400 words for?
Sorry, you need a CQ of at least 90 to "get it"! And that is why I call you a Libtard!

Location hidden

#195418 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Education is "key" of course. Who would dare disagree with that. Fortunately, we can't have a society where everyone is a Phd, where everyone is a doctor, engineer, architect, scientist, etc. Some, through circumstances of birth, I.Q., access to higher education, will hold less demanding but ESSENTIAL jobs - labourers, service industry workers, etc. All I'm saying is, I don't think, as in Cuba, everyone from labourer to CEO to doctor should earn the same wages. No, but everyone should earn a living wage, a comfortable wage where all employees are treated with "fairness". A CEO who does not own the company should not receive a 25% yearly increase in pay plus plus plus while the employee gets by on a 2% annual increase. That is fairness. Fairness is also a departing executive receiving huge departing bonuses whilst employees get laid off.
Yes, in rare cases, as big companies or most of them are not headed by their founders, the employer was there ahead of the employee. So? How does that minimize the employee's contribution?
"All I'm saying is, I don't think, as in Cuba, everyone from labourer to CEO to doctor should earn the same wages." But how much do the Politicos make in Cuba? Yep, they have their Western trained Doctors while the rest of them get doctors who got their degrees in high school!
Oh, and just who decides what fair is?
Oh, I had a friend whose business went under two years ago. The last two years of his business he put no money into his business but bought new cars, made improvements to his house, so he declared his business bankrupt and retired. He had only a dozen workers but you see to be upset with just the CEOs of big businesses!!!!

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#195419 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Obama's Katrina Moment! Since most Libatrds WILL NOT watch Fox News I have also posted USA Today and MCNBC.
Fox News/Democrat: This could be Obama's 'Katrina moment'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Gme1TE492ygXX
USA Today's Susan Page Says Border Crisis is Obama's 'Katrina Moment'
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
MSNBC's Chuck Todd:'Is there a Democrat In The Country That Wants To Talk About Immigration?'
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Obama'a and his administration's response are based entirely on legislation adopted and signed by GWB in 2008. Yes, the House and Senate were democrat, but why did not Bush veto it? Also, and I've said so yesterday, it was a good bill and GWB should get credit for signing it.

Now, the influx from Central America and Mexico has become untenable. Granted, Obama is dithering a lot on this thing, and his refusal to visit the border area is inexcusable. But, tell me, tell us,what would any other president do seeing as once on U.S.land, every illegal has a right to stay until legally deported? Do you want Obama to break the law?

I don't personally wish that kind of mess on ANY country.

Ottawa

#195420 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
"All I'm saying is, I don't think, as in Cuba, everyone from labourer to CEO to doctor should earn the same wages." But how much do the Politicos make in Cuba? Yep, they have their Western trained Doctors while the rest of them get doctors who got their degrees in high school!
Oh, and just who decides what fair is?
Oh, I had a friend whose business went under two years ago. The last two years of his business he put no money into his business but bought new cars, made improvements to his house, so he declared his business bankrupt and retired. He had only a dozen workers but you see to be upset with just the CEOs of big businesses!!!!
In Cuba, 99% of the population earns a whopping $18 per month. The other 1%, politicos and other bastards, earn more and spend a lot of their time in Florida where they own villas - did you know that? I can't prove it with evidence, I just happen to know it, and believe me it's true.

Anyhow, I gave Cuba as an example of "equality" not being "equal" at all and looney bin at best. Sure, CEOs and higher brass should earn more than ordinary employees - normal. But not exaggeratingly (sic) so. And,as I said, those big shots do not own, have not founded those companies. GE, Boeing, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Apple, the big banks, pharmaceuticals, etc, are you telling me their owners are running them?

Citing your friend as example is exactly what I meant. Getting rich, living above his means at the expense of his workers, whose only fault was diligently working for him. Yes,I am upset at big companies that set their employees adrift - when not laying them off and exporting their jobs to China or Mexico. GM's recall woes come to mind. Who made those mistakes? The workers? Nope. The leaders of the company, those liars who didn't care their clients were at risk?- forget the key chain, Rogue and who knows, as people buy fewer GM products - who can blame them?- yes, who knows how many workers will be laid off?

New auto workers are being hired at a lower wage than the actual ones. Is that fair? Are new head office staff and executives and directors coming on for less pay?

Ottawa

#195421 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a STARTING wage. Why did the Dems not raise to to $12 an hour back in 2009 when they had both Houses of Congress and Obama to boot? They got through ObamaCare without the Republicans that year so why not ObamaWage two?
The ONLY reason they are bring up the issue NOW is to try an rally their failing base!!!!
STARTING wage? Tell that to a McDonald worker, tell that to a chambermaid, tell that to a ditch digger,tell that to a farm labourer, tell that to a receptionist , tell that to a taxi driver, and I could go on and on.These people are working at their competence level and should not have to accept a wage that does not allow them to live a normal life. In this day and age,$20 is minimum for one to live a quasi normal life.As I said,and fortunately, not everyone can be a doctor or scientist or engineer or political whiz. Indeed, who would do the absolutely necessary but menial jobs that prop up the economies of our respective countries? You have deplored that fact that 50 million U.S. citizens receive food stamps. Don't you know that the majority of those people do have jobs? Yes, minimum wage jobs that don't provide sufficient income for these people.

And big companies have a host of tricks and loopholes to avoid paying a fair wage and benefits. Stories abound here in Canada of fast food industry workers forced to work just below the hours necessary to received social benefits, but thanks to agreements between franchisees, shift these workers from one franchise to another, with no cumulation of hours as the employee is different - all this with the blessing of the McDonalds, Burger Kings, Wendys, etc of this world who of course accumulate more profits from franchises that earn more thanks those this kind of shit.

Ottawa

#195422 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Hummmm, talking about a loony-lefty. I wonder if this jerk will ask an armed robber to leave his gun in his car?
Store Ignores Obvious Signs, Goes Overboard With Its Anti-Gun Policy
The Daily Caller 20 hours ago
A furniture store in Takoma Park, Maryland that calls itself a “Weapons Free Environment” took its policy a bit too far on Independence Day.
That’s when a loss prevention officer at IKEA approached Alan Goldberg, who carried a visible, holstered firearm into the store, telling him he would have to leave the premises or place the weapon in his vehicle, according to NBC Washington.
The request caught Goldberg off guard: he is Takoma Park’s chief of police, and he was in uniform during his visit.
Goldberg was at the IKEA — a popular furniture store founded in Sweden — to shop with his college-bound daughter after having spent the morning working a July Fourth parade. He was also scheduled to work a fireworks display scheduled for later in the evening.
But none of that mattered to the store’s loss prevention officer, who approached Goldberg to inform him of IKEA’s zero-tolerance gun policy.
“He says we have a no firearms policy, and you’re either going to have to leave or you can lock your gun in the car,” Goldberg told NBC Washington.
The 35-year law enforcement veteran said he has never been asked to part with his service weapon before.
“It isn’t the most prudent thing to do to walk around the store in uniform with an empty holster,” Goldberg told the station.“And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That’s just ludicrous.”
Goldberg parked his shopping cart and left the store, but not before asking to view IKEA’s written policy. Management did not provide it at the time but released a statement to NBC Washington on Monday.
“We regret that there was a misunderstanding of our weapon policy in our College Park Store,” IKEA said in a statement.“Our weapon policy does not apply to law enforcement officers. We are taking steps to ensure that this is clear for all our co-workers.”
While Goldberg was angry enough over IKEA’s request on Friday to post about it on Facebook, he said he was satisfied by the store’s response on Monday.
<quoted text>
Sorry, you need a CQ of at least 90 to "get it"! And that is why I call you a Libtard!
So, an employee seemingly made a mistake, what's the big deal, big news? Store even apologized.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#195423 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue,
Don't be such a libtard your whole life.
It is called climate change. And according the first U.S. Department of Defense Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap, the DoD expects climate change to challenge its ability to fulfill its mission in the future.
loose

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#195424 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
STARTING wage? Tell that to a McDonald worker, tell that to a chambermaid, tell that to a ditch digger,tell that to a farm labourer, tell that to a receptionist , tell that to a taxi driver, and I could go on and on.These people are working at their competence level and should not have to accept a wage that does not allow them to live a normal life. In this day and age,$20 is minimum for one to live a quasi normal life.As I said,and fortunately, not everyone can be a doctor or scientist or engineer or political whiz. Indeed, who would do the absolutely necessary but menial jobs that prop up. the economies of our respective countries? You have deplored that fact that 50 million U.S. citizens receive food stamps. Don't you know that the majority of those people do have jobs? Yes, minimum wage jobs that don't provide sufficient income for these people.
And big companies have a host of tricks and loopholes to avoid paying a fair wage and benefits. Stories abound here in Canada of. fast food industry workers forced to work just below the hours necessary to received social benefits, but thanks to agreements between franchisees, shift these workers from one franchise to another, with no cumulation of hours as the employee is different - all this with the blessing of the McDonalds, Burger Kings, Wendys, etc of this world who of course accumulate more profits from franchises that earn more thanks those this kind of shit.
Jock-Quez, again and again you show your ignorance? Educate your sorry self? Jobs at fast food joints were not meant to be permanent, except for the supervisors? Now it shows that you are a Canadian bleeding heart lieberal? Education in the United States is free for primary and secondary students. Anyone with a high school education can find a job. Within the convifines of a starter job, anyone can make themselves indespensable, by doing a good job. Some companies will pay for your education, which not only helps the employer but helps the employee to do a better job. Duh,Jockquez you should avail yourself of the opportunity.....

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#195425 Jul 9, 2014
Jacques,
Those jets really produce an ugly note.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#195426 Jul 9, 2014
Jacques,
Have they found that Boeing 777 at the bottom of the Indian Ocean yet?
Have they heard any more pings?

Location hidden

#195427 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
So, an employee seemingly made a mistake, what's the big deal, big news? Store even apologized.
Sure the store apologized and they should have fired the employee for being an idiot!!! A UNIFORMED police officer told to disarm himself? The employee is a flaming idiotard.
And you wonder why people like Prof. Gates gets arrested!!! When I drove over the road trucks I dealt with law enforcement officers on a near daily bases and even when they were jerks I went along with them and then filled my complaints.
Again, the day before I graduated flight school a family friend, who was a colonel, pinned my warrant officer bar on my collar and as he did so he said to me, "Remember, you will always have more RESPONSIBILITY than authority". I did not understand what he said for a few years but it is true and goes for store managers, shift managers, etc.
Engage BRAIN, then open mouth!!! Libtards have a hard problem with that.

Location hidden

#195428 Jul 9, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Have they found that Boeing 777 at the bottom of the Indian Ocean yet?
Have they heard any more pings?
Why, are YOU hearing "pings"? Maybe you should call Australia and tell them where they are.

Location hidden

#195429 Jul 9, 2014
<quoted text>
Education is "key" of course. Who would dare disagree with that. Fortunately, we can't have a society where everyone is a Phd, where everyone is a doctor, engineer, architect, scientist, etc. Some, through circumstances of birth, I.Q., access to higher education, will hold less demanding but ESSENTIAL jobs - labourers, service industry workers, etc. All I'm saying is, I don't think, as in Cuba, everyone from labourer to CEO to doctor should earn the same wages. No, but everyone should earn a living wage, a comfortable wage where all employees are treated with "fairness". A CEO who does not own the company should not receive a 25% yearly increase in pay plus plus plus while the employee gets by on a 2% annual increase. That is fairness. Fairness is also a departing executive receiving huge departing bonuses whilst employees get laid off.
Yes, in rare cases, as big companies or most of them are not headed by their founders, the employer was there ahead of the employee. So? How does that minimize the employee's contribution?
Being sober and clean is the "key"!!! Having a CQ of over 90 helps two.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#195430 Jul 9, 2014
"Ping"

Ottawa

#195431 Jul 9, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Jock-Quez, again and again you show your ignorance? Educate your sorry self? Jobs at fast food joints were not meant to be permanent, except for the supervisors? Now it shows that you are a Canadian bleeding heart lieberal? Education in the United States is free for primary and secondary students. Anyone with a high school education can find a job. Within the convifines of a starter job, anyone can make themselves indespensable, by doing a good job. Some companies will pay for your education, which not only helps the employer but helps the employee to do a better job. Duh,Jockquez you should avail yourself of the opportunity.....
Another birther hiding behind a third of fourth moniker with undisclosed location. I don't reply to cowards, specially to cowards that don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Ottawa

#195432 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure the store apologized and they should have fired the employee for being an idiot!!! A UNIFORMED police officer told to disarm himself? The employee is a flaming idiotard.
And you wonder why people like Prof. Gates gets arrested!!! When I drove over the road trucks I dealt with law enforcement officers on a near daily bases and even when they were jerks I went along with them and then filled my complaints.
Again, the day before I graduated flight school a family friend, who was a colonel, pinned my warrant officer bar on my collar and as he did so he said to me, "Remember, you will always have more RESPONSIBILITY than authority". I did not understand what he said for a few years but it is true and goes for store managers, shift managers, etc.
Engage BRAIN, then open mouth!!! Libtards have a hard problem with that.
No, the store should NOT have fired that employee. Based on your criteria for firing employees and on your incessant insipid rants on this thread, it's obvious you would have been fired more than once in your entire career. He was not, and I assume you were not. Should you have been?

Ottawa

#195433 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Being sober and clean is the "key"!!! Having a CQ of over 90 helps two.
So, are you insinuating that most minimum-wage workers are drunk and dirty? Love your stereotyping.

Ottawa

#195434 Jul 9, 2014
P.S. and no common sense? Wrong on all counts.

strange how you attack the little guy, which I reckon is you and me, and worship the CEOs of this world and their multinationals.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#195437 Jul 9, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
So!?! What caused the Recession of 1969-70? In 1966 I had at One for $0.90 an hour( was 15 y/o) and the following Summer I has a job that paid $1.35 an hour (I was 16).
So it answered your question.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>A $10.10 minimum wage is still less than the 1968 minimum wage of $1.60 after adjusting for inflation.

Ottawa

#195438 Jul 9, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"Ping"
I get the impression you're telling the 239 passengers and crew of that Malaysian flight "That'll teach you to fly". Is that it?

If not, quit mocking them, they're dead. Maybe I'm off my rocker, but I think it's terribly traguc and sad.

I also get the impression you're some kind of ER doctor. If so, shame on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California says oceans could rise higher than t... 8 hr American 1
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr The Computer Class 16,066
News Caravan Against Fear Wraps Up 3,500-Mile Trek A... Fri Law and Order 1
News Miley Cyrus smokes suspicious cigarette in swim... (Aug '15) Fri ThomasA 5
its bad if trump would not Thu trump fired flynn 1
Quail Valley Blue Baby Scam Apr 27 Libi A Uremovic 2
News Muslim Day: Bay Area faithful come to Sacrament... (Apr '15) Apr 27 Haba Daba 48
More from around the web