BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 242798 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#190527 May 12, 2014
"The Manhattan Project was a research and development project that produced the first atomic bombs during World War II. It was led by the United States with the support of the United KIngdom and Canada."

Wiki

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

Bristol, CT

#190528 May 12, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
"The Manhattan Project was a research and development project that produced the first atomic bombs during World War II. It was led by the United States with the support of the United KIngdom and Canada."
Wiki
One benefit of the project was that radioisotopes became available for biomedical research.[14]-C,[3]-H and [32]-P became everyday research tools in the biological sciences. Were it not for the Manhattan project, biomedical sciences would not be anywhere near as advanced as they are today.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#190529 May 12, 2014
Actually, as a matter of fact, it is the private sector which funnels MD's into the Veteran's Administration network.
So you see childrens, it is like love and marriage or a horse and carriage, you can't have one without the other.

“impeach now replace later”

Since: Sep 09

Dump Trump now

#190530 May 12, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
They attacked Tim Tebow for talking about faith, but they praised Michael Sam for being gay? Does the media have two different definitions when talking about tolerance? http://fxn.ws/1qvhvb7
Talking about faith doesn't get a person tortured and tied to a fence and died (Matthew Shepard). Talking about faith doesn't get a person stabbed and throat slashed and become paralyzed from the waist down (Scott Jones). Talking about faith doesn't get a person killed by being set of fire at his birthday party (Steven Simpson). The list goes on and on.

When was the last time that you found out that a person died for talking about faith in the United States?

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#190531 May 12, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
They attacked Tim Tebow for talking about faith, but they praised Michael Sam for being gay? Does the media have two different definitions when talking about tolerance? http://fxn.ws/1qvhvb7
Who praised Sam for being gay? Who are they Rogue?

“In today's NFL full of pass-happy offenses and hybrid defensive fronts, football reasons alone can't justify why an award-winning pass-rusher like Sam fell so far in the draft. Playing in the toughest conference in college football, Sam was an anchor on a Missouri defensive line that helped propel the Tigers to a Cotton Bowl victory and the SEC East title. He posted more sacks in 2013 than No. 1 overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney, was a first-team all-American and won the SEC defensive player of the year award”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hank-koebler/mi...

Sounds to me like Sam's praise came from putting in work.

Bristol, CT

#190532 May 12, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Wotard still thinks everything comes from BIG GOVERNMENT which will fund only things that are politically correct like putting shrimp on a treadmill!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cMO8Pyi3UpYXX
No, Rougetards fantasize that I think "everything comes from BIG GOVERNMENT."

The bulk of basic research in the US is funded by the government. Private industry cannot afford to foot the bill for basic research and turn a profit. So government funded basic research is a major driver of technology and therefore the US economy.

It's a fact of life.

(Sorry if this rains on Dufus Dale's parade.)

Bristol, CT

#190535 May 12, 2014
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Who praised Sam for being gay? Who are they Rogue?
“In today's NFL full of pass-happy offenses and hybrid defensive fronts, football reasons alone can't justify why an award-winning pass-rusher like Sam fell so far in the draft. Playing in the toughest conference in college football, Sam was an anchor on a Missouri defensive line that helped propel the Tigers to a Cotton Bowl victory and the SEC East title. He posted more sacks in 2013 than No. 1 overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney, was a first-team all-American and won the SEC defensive player of the year award”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hank-koebler/mi...
Sounds to me like Sam's praise came from putting in work.
It's really odd that some people think some people should be praised or despised for being gay, but gay is how gays were born. If someone robs a bank, does it matter if they are gay? If someone saves a person's life, does it matter if the hero was gay?

The sad truth is most conservative and fundamentalist Christians think gayness is abhorrent to their God, because a "holy book" written thousands of years ago says so. They don't understand the role of ancient culture that shapes their current beliefs. Just like the Muslims in Afghanistan, who believe a man must have a beard and wear a turbine. That's cultural, based on old practices that somehow became "moral". Those beliefs originated in the culture that was extant at the time their religion arose. Same with rules of some religions against eating pork. Thousands of years ago they didn't have meat thermometers and didn't understand that pork is safe if cooked to 145 F. So they made rules that pork was "unclean" (Jewish) or not halal (Muslim).

At least 90% of religion is superstition. 9.9% is speculation. 0.1% is based on uncertainty.

Bristol, CT

#190536 May 12, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Climate Change research where the loony-lefty Congressmen only fund science that agrees with their political agenda?
Really? Cancer research funded by the NIH is loony-lefty that agrees with their "political agenda?"

MORON.

Hey Rougetard, how much of the NIH budget is devoted to climate change?

MORON.

How much of the NSF budget is devoted to climate change? Eh Rougetard?

How much of the DOE budget?

Rougetard.

Bristol, CT

#190537 May 12, 2014
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! And your point is????
It was right there in front of your face, Dale. Can't you read?

Dale, baby, look up "rube".

Jagoff.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>Typically, university researchers do ground-breaking work and then they get funding for spin-off corporation, which is later acquired by the big boys. Dale is a rube.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#190538 May 12, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Rupert Murdoch buy out MSNBC?
hey you old moosehumping fartsack, how's it going up there in the frozen north?

Bristol, CT

#190539 May 12, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
hey you old moosehumping fartsack, how's it going up there in the frozen north?
How is it going in your mother's basement?

Since: Oct 09

Moreno Valley, CA

#190540 May 13, 2014
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really odd that some people think some people should be praised or despised for being gay, but gay is how gays were born. If someone robs a bank, does it matter if they are gay? If someone saves a person's life, does it matter if the hero was gay?
The sad truth is most conservative and fundamentalist Christians think gayness is abhorrent to their God, because a "holy book" written thousands of years ago says so. They don't understand the role of ancient culture that shapes their current beliefs. Just like the Muslims in Afghanistan, who believe a man must have a beard and wear a turbine. That's cultural, based on old practices that somehow became "moral". Those beliefs originated in the culture that was extant at the time their religion arose. Same with rules of some religions against eating pork. Thousands of years ago they didn't have meat thermometers and didn't understand that pork is safe if cooked to 145 F. So they made rules that pork was "unclean" (Jewish) or not halal (Muslim).
At least 90% of religion is superstition. 9.9% is speculation. 0.1% is based on uncertainty.
Or the cafeteria Christian who feasts on shrimp, lobster and crab on Saturday, works all day Sunday then has the nerve to tell you how his gawd hates gays.

Never mind that all shell fish is an abomination as well and the forth commandment was written with gawd's own finger.

English Standard Version
“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination”

Of course since a man don't have the same equipment as a woman it would be pretty much impossible for him to lie with another male as he would with a woman.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

#190541 May 13, 2014
Just waiting to see how bigotboy blames that mean AC for tricking poor Mr Sterling into saying all those silly things that he clearly didn't mean ...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#190542 May 13, 2014
George Bush's comrades eaten by their Japanese PoW guards

By Charles Laurence in New York
(Filed: 26/10/2003)

The former President George Bush narrowly escaped being beheaded and eaten by Japanese soldiers when he was shot down over the Pacific in the Second World War, a shocking new history published in America has revealed.

The book, Flyboys, is the result of historical detective work by James Bradley, whose father was among the marines later photographed raising the flag over the island of Iwo Jima.

Lt George Bush, then a 20-year-old pilot, was among nine airmen who escaped from their planes after being shot down during bombing raids on Chichi Jima, a tiny island 700 miles south of Tokyo, in September 1944 - and was the only one to evade capture by the Japanese.

The horrific fate of the other eight "flyboys" was established in subsequent war crimes trials on the island of Guam, but details were sealed in top secret files in Washington to spare their families distress.

Mr Bradley has established that they were tortured, beaten and then executed, either by beheading with swords or by multiple stab-wounds from bayonets and sharpened bamboo stakes. Four were then butchered by the island garrison's surgeons and their livers and meat from their thighs eaten by senior Japanese officers.

The future president escaped a similar fate because he ditched his plane further from the island than the other crews, and managed to scramble on to a liferaft. American planes launched a hail of fire at Japanese boats which set out to capture him, driving them back, and he was eventually rescued by a US submarine.

When the black hull of the USS Finback surfaced in front of him, he thought he was hallucinating, he told Mr Bradley in a television film made to coincide with the publication of Flyboys. He had been vomiting, bleeding from a head wound, and weeping with fear. He said only four words to his rescuers: "Happy to be aboard."

Mr Bush's part in the raid - for which he won the Distinguished Flying Cross - has long been known to Americans. Not known until now was the grim fate of his downed comrades - none from his own plane - who swam ashore.

Mr Bradley pieced together the horrific truth from secret transcripts of the war crimes trials, given to him by a former officer and lawyer who was an official witness at the time, and the testimony of surviving Japanese veterans.

Location hidden

#190543 May 13, 2014
A radio operator, Marve Mershon, was marched to a freshly dug grave, blindfolded, and made to kneel for beheading by sword, testified a Japanese soldier, named as Iwakawa, at the war crimes trial. "When the flyer was struck, he did not cry out, but made a slight groan."

The next day a Japanese officer, Major Sueo Matoba, decided to include American flesh in a sake-fuelled feast he laid on for officers including the commander-in-chief on the island, Gen Yoshio Tachibana. Both men were later tried and executed for war crimes.

A Japanese medical orderly who helped the surgeon prepare the ingredients said: "Dr Teraki cut open the chest and took out the liver. I removed a piece of flesh from the flyer's thigh, weighing about six pounds and measuring four inches wide, about a foot long."

Another crewman, Floyd Hall, met a similar fate. Adml Kinizo Mori, the senior naval officer on Chichi Jima, told the court that Major Matoba brought "a delicacy" to a party at his quarters - a specially prepared dish of Floyd Hall's liver.

According to Adml Mori, Matoba told him: "I had it pierced with bamboo sticks and cooked with soy sauce and vegetables." They ate it in "very small pieces", believing it "good medicine for the stomach", the admiral recalled.

A third victim of cannibalism, Jimmy Dye, had been put to work as a translator when, several weeks later, Capt Shizuo Yoshii - who was later tried and executed - called for his liver to be served at a party for fellow officers. Parts of a fourth airman, Warren Earl Vaughn, were also eaten and the remaining four were executed, one by being clubbed to death.

The parents of all the airmen are now dead, but Mr Bradley contacted all their families. "The first reaction was a stunned silence, a hush. But I think that at last knowing how these men died, however horrible their deaths, has allowed closure and in a word I heard from them, healing," he said. Mr Bush's first reaction was also to say nothing. "There was a lot of head-shaking, a lot of silence," the author told The Telegraph. "There was no disgust, shock or horror. He's a veteran of a different generation."

The former president returned to Chichi Jima with Mr Bradley for the first time since his rescue for the CNN documentary broadcast last week. Mr Bush looked sombre but never visibly upset, and ventured into the water in a modern liferaft to re-create his experience.

He recalled that while on the submarine he asked himself why he had survived. "Why had I been spared and what did God have in store for me? In my own view there's got to be some kind of destiny and I was being spared for something on Earth." Earlier he had told Mr Bradley: "I think about those guys all the time."

Location hidden

#190544 May 13, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
Just waiting to see how bigotboy blames that mean AC for tricking poor Mr Sterling into saying all those silly things that he clearly didn't mean ...
No one ever elevates himself by trying to know someone else down. If you are trying to apologize, just apologize and nothing more.
Unhyphenated-Ame rican

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#190545 May 13, 2014
What do blacks really think about messiah?

Learn to Read

United States

#190546 May 13, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>No one ever elevates himself by trying to know someone else down. If you are trying to apologize, just apologize and nothing more.
If you find yourself saying "I probably shouldn't say this" then for once in your life stop and take your own advice

Location hidden

#190547 May 13, 2014
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
If you find yourself saying "I probably shouldn't say this" then for once in your life stop and take your own advice
Cumming from someone like you, that is funny.

Location hidden

#190548 May 13, 2014
Poppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the cafeteria Christian who feasts on shrimp, lobster and crab on Saturday, works all day Sunday then has the nerve to tell you how his gawd hates gays.
Never mind that all shell fish is an abomination as well and the forth commandment was written with gawd's own finger.
English Standard Version
“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination”
Of course since a man don't have the same equipment as a woman it would be pretty much impossible for him to lie with another male as he would with a woman.
Or the atheist who like to quote scripture yet seems to be able to get it;s meaning. BTW, I have never stuck my love tool up anyone's azz as I know which hole it goes in. Oh, and my azz-hole is still virgin and I plan on keeping it that way.
Oh, the Bible was not originally written in English. The Catholic translation to English is the most accurate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,004
News California becomes 'sanctuary state' as governo... 4 hr Trump 2020 6
News Too many Californians are barely scraping by Sat Solarman 1
News Steve Bannon brings message of Republican revol... Sat RustyS 15
News CONFIRMED: Man Connected To Starting California... Sat Noe 4
News Bannon brings message of Republican revolt to C... Sat Solarman 1
News California declares emergency to fight hepatiti... Sat hmmmm 16
More from around the web