BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
165,241 - 165,260 of 176,856 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Not only are the Dems worried, so are the Country Club RINOs!

GOP titans clash in Mississippi's Senate race
Associated Press By EMILY WAGSTER PETTUS 1 hour ago

JACKSON, Miss.(AP)— Mississippi Republican Thad Cochran is facing his toughest primary challenge in nearly 36 years in the Senate, from a tea party favorite who casts him as an out-of-touch Washington insider. But Cochran is meeting state lawmaker Chris McDaniel's barbs with a potent weapon: the Barbour family's political machine.

While Cochran has the backing of the formidable statewide network of supporters led by former Gov. Haley Barbour and his lobbyist nephews, McDaniel is being supported by groups like the Club for Growth and Liberty Action Fund that have fueled challenges to incumbent Republicans.

The result is a clash of political alliances that reflect the broader battle for control of the GOP, with establishment lawmakers who've long delivered federal dollars to their states defending against harder-line conservatives dedicated to smaller government and lower spending.

The June 3 primary in Mississippi also is a test of whether Cochran's promise of continued political clout can sway voters. If Republicans gain six Senate seats in the November midterm elections and regain control of the chamber, he has a shot at once again becoming chairman of the powerful Appropriations Committee.
http://news.yahoo.com/gop-titans-clash-missis...

“Arm the homeless!”

Since: Jul 12

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Thomas Jefferson would approve of abortions? Oh, that is really enlightening ...... killing human beans!!!
Well, I have read a lot about Jefferson. One of my all time favorite Americans.

I can tell you that he would view the subject as a rational man of superior intellect.

Yes, Jefferson would approve of abortion. But certainly not as a form of birth control.

If there were something medically wrong or morally unjust... in a heartbeat.

Unplanned would never be enough.

Abortion is a pretty wide brush to paint with. Impossible to condemn as wrong.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't angry enough to be admitted to the tree house, and if you're not in then that makes you the enemy.
LOL... that is the funny thing about the whole situation.

I am FAR more pissed off than most.

I just realize I am angry at a corrupt machine. Not the people who cheer for it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
Interesting, from Wiki :
Fox News[edit]
See also: Fox News Channel controversies
According to former Fox News producer Charlie Reina, unlike the AP, CBS, or ABC, Fox News's editorial policy is set from the top down in the form of a daily memo: "...[F]requently, Reina says, it also contains hints, suggestions and directives on how to slant the day's news — invariably, he says, in a way that's consistent with the politics and desires of the Bush administration." [63] Fox News responded by denouncing Reina as a "disgruntled employee" with "an ax to grind."[63]
----------
----------
My two cents' worth : Certainly, the mainstream and respectable press is more left than right. It goes as high as 60 to 12% in favour of the so-called left ,though, in my view, there is no such thing as '"left" in the US. There is right and far-right. I digress. Anyhow, the press usually includes people who have college or university degrees. To imagine that these highly-educated men and women could harbor anything but a left-leaning bias would be incomprehensible, sheer nonsense,. If you are educated, and you are to the right of centre, you will be the odd person out, an anomaly.
Let's see, Charlie Reina was with Fox News from 1999 until 2003. In other words, he has been gone over ten years now.
Of course everything seem to be the right pf you because you are a commie. You are as left wing as they get. Any further left, you will fall of the edge of your flat earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Thomas Jefferson would approve of abortions? Oh, that is really enlightening ...... killing human beans!!!
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I have read a lot about Jefferson. One of my all time favorite Americans.
I can tell you that he would view the subject as a rational man of superior intellect.
Yes, Jefferson would approve of abortion. But certainly not as a form of birth control.
If there were something medically wrong or morally unjust... in a heartbeat.
Unplanned would never be enough.
Abortion is a pretty wide brush to paint with. Impossible to condemn as wrong.
I just love Liberals as they always seem to think they know what people would have done. If you mentioned to anyone 200 years ago about a doctor doing any procedure to stop a pregnancy, they would get their hanging rope out!
Yep, and you probably think Lincoln was a Democrat too!

Abe Lincoln Is A Democrat, According To A Plaque On NIU's Campus That Actually Isn't Wrong
The Huffington Post | By Tyler Kingkade Posted: 11/06/2013

There's a plaque on the campus of Northeastern Illinois University that refers to Abraham Lincoln as a Democrat.

Recently, a few websites noticed a plaque on the Frank Lloyd Wright Building, which houses Northeastern's Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, that reads "This building is dedicated to public service honoring the memory of Abraham Lincoln - Democrat."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/abe-...

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
I presume someone said ::
"he is one of the smartest presidents we have ever had in our history" ?
Who said it? I'm curious.
Even Obama would disagree with that statement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
Subjective? let me refresh your memory:
Kindly point to where Columbia University stated that the media is "left wing".
http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf...
Obskeptic: "Even Columbia University reports that the media is left wing."
Then he erroneously declared delay of some provisions of ACA to be unconstitutional, but got his butt handed to him, with facts and law.
Subjective: existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
Even if the quote were correctly attributed, which I highly doubt, it doesn't change the fact that OB was flat out wrong in his assertions. Objectively, factually, incorrect.
So he resorts to childish name calling. Sad, very sad.
<quoted text>
And Sally says it best. It does not matter if your Dems facts, ideas or data is correct, it all depends if your emotions are correct!!!!
[Sally] Kohn labeled the idea with a catchy term: emotional correctness.“What I’ve realized is that political persuasion doesn’t begin with ideas or facts or data—political persuasion begins with being emotionally correct.”- See more at: http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf...

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, Charlie Reina was with Fox News from 1999 until 2003. In other words, he has been gone over ten years now.
Of course everything seem to be the right pf you because you are a commie. You are as left wing as they get. Any further left, you will fall of the edge of your flat earth.
1. Wake up, smell the bacon. Commies are gone, pfffft, only semi-commies in Cuba and nutty commies in North Korea. The rest? Extinct. So find another attribute, "commie" is "passé", Rogue;

2. I haven't a cue who Charlie Reina is or was and somehow do not wish to know;

3. You have not refuted thing I said - thanks for silently approving.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Has anyone heard any good Obama jokes lately?
I certainly haven't. All the Obama jokes I hear are way to scary to repeat.
Obskeptic wrote:
How about "he is one of the smartest presidents we have ever had in our history". Thats a joke.LOL!
<quoted text>
Context, context, context there Jacqueau!!!

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I just love Liberals as they always seem to think they know what people would have done. If you mentioned to anyone 200 years ago about a doctor doing any procedure to stop a pregnancy, they would get their hanging rope out!
Yep, and you probably think Lincoln was a Democrat too!
Abe Lincoln Is A Democrat, According To A Plaque On NIU's Campus That Actually Isn't Wrong
The Huffington Post | By Tyler Kingkade Posted: 11/06/2013
There's a plaque on the campus of Northeastern Illinois University that refers to Abraham Lincoln as a Democrat.
Recently, a few websites noticed a plaque on the Frank Lloyd Wright Building, which houses Northeastern's Carruthers Center for Inner City Studies, that reads "This building is dedicated to public service honoring the memory of Abraham Lincoln - Democrat."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/abe-...
Rogue, Rogue, how often do I have to repeat? Would Abe Lincoln associate, even give the time of day to the garbage pail of republicans you have hanging around today? How about GWB, how about Dick Cheney, how about Carl Rove, how about Rumsfeld, how about Oliver North, about about Richard Nixon, how about Barry Goldwater, how about Ryan, how about Romney, how about Trump, how about Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, God-anointed Perry, Saint Santorum et al. President Lincoln, a fair and brilliant man, wouldn't be caught dead with that assortment. Except for maybe LBJ (Vietnam), he'd gladly be seen with FDR, Truman,JFK, Carter, Clinton, Obama. Any time. Yes, call him a Democrat, that's what he'd be today.
Learn to Read

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... that is the funny thing about the whole situation.

I am FAR more pissed off than most.

I just realize I am angry at a corrupt machine. Not the people who cheer for it.
Well there is still time for you to redirect your anger where it belongs. I suggest you clench your fists, stomp your feet and yell "CON, CON, CON, CON" for 10 minutes a day. After about 6 months you'll be ready for J's party

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Has anyone heard any good Obama jokes lately?
I certainly haven't. All the Obama jokes I hear are way to scary to repeat.
Obskeptic wrote:
How about "he is one of the smartest presidents we have ever had in our history". Thats a joke.LOL!
<quoted text>
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
Context, context, context there Jacqueau!!!
I think you've just revealed that you don't know what "context" means, especially in the present "context", lol lol. Which is why I can't answer you as I don't comprehend what you mean. Educate me, please, and while we're at it, I'd be grateful, seeing as Obskeptic can't back up what he said (again, as per Columbia), can YOU tell us who said that about Obama? Thank you. You must surely know as you chimed in. Don't forget to pull your chain, we're out of air freshener.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

LOL... Saint Santorum!

He is originally from PA.

Perfect example of an educated moron. I have seen some stuff come out of his mouth that left me speechless. I am so glad he moved. I felt shame for my whole state.

Seriously, it is like watching your obviously intoxicated "crazy uncle" stand up intending to speak at a wake.

“Arm the homeless!”

The internet

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to slam Obama because he isn't among the brightest of American presidents.

I said he would disagree because I have heard him acknowledge the awesome power of Jefferson's ability for critical thinking.

I believe he said upon assembling some kind of "think tank"...

"The last time there was this much brain power in this room at one time... Jefferson was drinking alone."

Paraphrase... from memory.

“Facts trump speculation”

Since: Dec 08

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And Sally says it best. It does not matter if your Dems facts, ideas or data is correct, it all depends if your emotions are correct!!!!
[Sally] Kohn labeled the idea with a catchy term: emotional correctness.“What I’ve realized is that political persuasion doesn’t begin with ideas or facts or data—political persuasion begins with being emotionally correct.”- See more at: http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf...
Rougetard, Sally's comments have nothing whatsoever to do with the subject matter.

RU on drugs, Rougie?

Rougie Baby, please point to where your buddy's favorite article said the media is left wing. Puh-effing-lease!
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf ...
Then he erroneously declared delay of some provisions of ACA to be unconstitutional, but got his butt handed to him, with facts and law.
Subjective: existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
Even if the quote were correctly attributed, which I highly doubt, it doesn't change the fact that OB was flat out wrong in his assertions. Objectively, factually, incorrect.

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, Rougetard, Sally was not saying objective truth or falsity of a statement depends upon "emotional correctness". She was talking about the strategy of political commentators to persuade listeners based on a perceived sense "emotional correctness."

MORON.

Grow up Rougie, you're out of your league.
wojar wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.cjr.org/feature/and_from_the_leftf ...

RationalState

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Judged:

Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh, how dare journalists and public figures use the most basic of rhetorical devices.
DUHHHHH
Sadly the Rougetard FEELS you're emotionally incorrect, though he doesn't consciously realize or understand it.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Goes without saying. Wish our friend would tell us who said it. Waiting.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
LOL... Saint Santorum!
He is originally from PA.
Perfect example of an educated moron. I have seen some stuff come out of his mouth that left me speechless. I am so glad he moved. I felt shame for my whole state.
Seriously, it is like watching your obviously intoxicated "crazy uncle" stand up intending to speak at a wake.
You nailed it.

Ottawa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2014

Judged:

Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to slam Obama because he isn't among the brightest of American presidents.
I said he would disagree because I have heard him acknowledge the awesome power of Jefferson's ability for critical thinking.
I believe he said upon assembling some kind of "think tank"...
"The last time there was this much brain power in this room at one time... Jefferson was drinking alone."
Paraphrase... from memory.
He is not the brightest nor the dumbest. History will decide his place.

As to Jefferson, bright, yes. Amoral, yes. He was the Clinton of his day, which would not prevent me from voting for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••