BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 192305 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#184838 Feb 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so you think Communist controlled governments are good while all businessmen need to be shot?
I never said, intimated, or hinted that. Those so-called Chinese Communists are as capitalist as our guys, sometimes more so. Our big business people ship jobs overseas and from then on voluntarily shut their eyes on methods used to fabricate their goods or produce their food. Hence the "fake" surprise when it is said that there is slave labour, that employees work long hours for a pittance, that conditions are as poor as they were in Adam Smith's and Ayn Rand's wildest dreams. They know, Rogue. The communists are of course guilty, but so are your guys, my guys. Willful ignorance is not an excuse.

I believe that China has now surpassed Canada as the U.S.'s biggest trading partner. Strange, that you would give such incredible advantages to a closed, dictatorial, non-democratic regime, shorn of human rights that still treats Tibetans like serfs. Is Cuba worse than China, yet a traveller out of Havana can't even bring ONE cigar or a bottle of rum home to the U.S. Do you think that makes any sense?

And quit using that demonic word "communist" every time you have a grievance. That term is old, not unlike your 1950s jokes. Two Communist nations only still exist, North Korea and less and less communist Cuba which is at last, at long last, opening up a tiny bit.

Ottawa

#184839 Feb 3, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
And who caused the stock market to go up ARTIFICIALLY? Bernanke!!! And how did he do it? Quantitative Easing 1, 2 & 3 !!!! And all that did is prop up the banks and the stock market but did NOTHING for the economy'
But, AGAIN, you blame evil rich people when all they are doing is making sound financial decisions? Why my net worth has doubled under Obama!!! But I did not vote for him,
No, not Bernanke. We're talking DJIA here Rogue. Try to stay focused please. The brokers, banks, rich 1% manipulate the DJIA, like they did when they caused the 2008, aided and abetted by the central bank, GWB and his cronies, not to mention deregulation and intentional lack of oversight. Those same 1% are working the DJIA good now. Not to worry for them, they'll make a buck, a solid buck. Look how well they did since 2008, DJIA more than doubled. Also, do you think it can do that and still not run into a correction? And what is a correction? Easy, as it has, the 1% figure, reach its peak and needs to go down, They broadcast inflation fears (why? been doing that 4 years now, still not happening), divest themselves of stocks high , market goes down, they re-buy low. And so it goes.

But hey, so much easier to blame Obama. As you did daily until you realised it made no sense and , ha ha, come back yesterday and tell me that presidents don't decide how goes the DJIA. Laughable, you blamed Obama every time it went down, remained silent or thanked the Rep Congress when it zoomed up. Oh well...
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#184840 Feb 3, 2014
Grand Birther wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe in fairy tales, huh???
I believe you are an idiot!
Yep, I'm SMellen1
“What is a natural born citizen? Clearly, someone born within the United States or one of its territories is a natural born citizen.”(Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on OCTOBER 5, 2004)--Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT).

“Under the longstanding English common-law principle of jus soli, persons born within the territory of the sovereign (other than children of enemy aliens or foreign diplomats) are citizens from birth. Thus, those persons born within the United States are "natural born citizens" and eligible to be President. Much less certain, however, is whether children born abroad of United States citizens are "natural born citizens" eligible to serve as President ..."---- Edwin Meese, et al, THE HERITAGE GUIDE TO THE CONSTITUTION (2005)[Edwin Meese was Ronald Reagan’s attorney general, and the Heritage Foundation is a well-known Conservative organization.]

"Some birthers imagine that there is a difference between being a “citizen by birth” or a “native citizen” on the one hand and a “natural born” citizen on the other.“Eccentric” is too kind a word for this notion, which is either daft or dishonest. All three terms are identical in meaning."---The Wall Street Journal ( http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297... )

"Every child born in the United States is a natural-born United States citizen except for the children of diplomats.”---Senator Lindsay Graham (December 11, 2008 letter to constituents)

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#184842 Feb 3, 2014
Jacques,
I have been doing some extra-credit reading on the over-exploitation of Madagscar tropical rainforests.
Apparently, from what I have read and discovered, the poor indigenous people who actually cut down the rare and endangered Rosewood trees and drag them to rivers to be rafted downstream earn the equivalent of around 50 cents.
That is just one aspect of an ever enormous problem over there.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#184843 Feb 4, 2014
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said, intimated, or hinted that. Those so-called Chinese Communists are as capitalist as our guys, sometimes more so. Our big business people ship jobs overseas and from then on voluntarily shut their eyes on methods used to fabricate their goods or produce their food. Hence the "fake" surprise when it is said that there is slave labour, that employees work long hours for a pittance, that conditions are as poor as they were in Adam Smith's and Ayn Rand's wildest dreams. They know, Rogue. The communists are of course guilty, but so are your guys, my guys. Willful ignorance is not an excuse.
I believe that China has now surpassed Canada as the U.S.'s biggest trading partner. Strange, that you would give such incredible advantages to a closed, dictatorial, non-democratic regime, shorn of human rights that still treats Tibetans like serfs. Is Cuba worse than China, yet a traveller out of Havana can't even bring ONE cigar or a bottle of rum home to the U.S. Do you think that makes any sense?
And quit using that demonic word "communist" every time you have a grievance. That term is old, not unlike your 1950s jokes. Two Communist nations only still exist, North Korea and less and less communist Cuba which is at last, at long last, opening up a tiny bit.
Obama and you Progressives have been shipping jobs overseas but making it difficult to make things here.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#184844 Feb 4, 2014
Jacques,
Madagascar is one of the poorest countries in the world.
Without touching on ramant political corruption, the local people there really don't want to descimate their unique ecological resources, and even consider it taboo, but many inhabitants are forced to over-exploit the biodiversity of the tropical rainforests because of grinding poverty.

Ottawa

#184845 Feb 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama and you Progressives have been shipping jobs overseas but making it difficult to make things here.
Both parties in power have been doing it for a long time. But for die-hard Republicans like Romney, it has become an art form.

You're being churlish and childish once more. You single out Obama and Progressives as the only job exporters. That is patently untrue and you know it, and the Repub Congress, don't forget , refused to scale down tax credits related to job exports.

Ottawa

#184846 Feb 4, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Madagascar is one of the poorest countries in the world.
Without touching on ramant political corruption, the local people there really don't want to descimate their unique ecological resources, and even consider it taboo, but many inhabitants are forced to over-exploit the biodiversity of the tropical rainforests because of grinding poverty.
As happened to the jungles of the Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Nigeria, and the famous Amazon. Grinding poverty,Western greed and horrendous corruption in both sides,, a great combination in the process to deforest, demineralize, etc.

Madagascar has to be one of the prettiest, most beautiful and potentially-rich countries in the world, and it doesn't need to deforest like that. Sad.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#184847 Feb 4, 2014
Jacques,
Gibson Guitar Corp. may think they are cute and sneaky for the crimes they have committed, but in reality they have given themselves a big black eye.
In a negative way, it changes my whole perspective of the guitar maker and their envirnometal stewardship. And which exposes their callous disregard for endangered tropical hardwoods and the extensive natural habitat it supports.
loose

Location hidden

#184848 Feb 4, 2014
<quoted text>
No president's fault, you know I've always been saying that. Not your way of seeing it, though. They are lopping off that cushion they've created in the last 6 months, like I said yesterday. And the rich 1% are selling off with a huge profit, and will buy back the moment it hits what THEY figure is bottom, at 25% to 30% less than what they sold and not until then. May be tomorrow, may be in 6 months, we'll see. In the meantime, they will buy bonds, making them rise - and will do the same they did to DJIA, sell high, and go back to stocks, low.
Big individual and institutional investors win, the little guy with the mutual or pension fund loses because his capital is small and he has no inside big investor's knowledge and manipulative powers. Plus ça change, plus c'est pareil.
You are so full of scheißen. You blamed Bush on the Housing bubble bursting even though it was caused by Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and lawyers like Barrack H. Obama who represented over two hundred clients who sued those evil bankers who thought they were high ricks.
And you also blamed Bush for the stock market bubble which burst two years later when that bubble two years later which was caused by the housing bubble bursting which in turn was caused by Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton!!!
In fact you are still blaming Bush for the Current economy even though he left office over five years ago. You can never blame another Progressive for anything!!!

Location hidden

#184849 Feb 4, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Jacques,
Gibson Guitar Corp. may think they are cute and sneaky for the crimes they have committed, but in reality they have given themselves a big black eye.
In a negative way, it changes my whole perspective of the guitar maker and their envirnometal stewardship. And which exposes their callous disregard for endangered tropical hardwoods and the extensive natural habitat it supports.
loose
Ah, then why did DoJ return that wood to Gibson???

Location hidden

#184850 Feb 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Both parties in power have been doing it for a long time. But for die-hard Republicans like Romney, it has become an art form.
You're being churlish and childish once more. You single out Obama and Progressives as the only job exporters. That is patently untrue and you know it, and the Repub Congress, don't forget , refused to scale down tax credits related to job exports.
It was Mitt Romney's job to make companies profitable for the share holders and it it made cent$ to move the jobs overseas, he did. But he made those decisions because the EPA, OSHA and DoL made employing people here in the U.S. to expensive.
Just raise the minimum wag to $10.10 per hour and you will see even more jobs go overseas!

Ottawa

#184851 Feb 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so full of scheißen. You blamed Bush on the Housing bubble bursting even though it was caused by Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton and lawyers like Barrack H. Obama who represented over two hundred clients who sued those evil bankers who thought they were high ricks.
And you also blamed Bush for the stock market bubble which burst two years later when that bubble two years later which was caused by the housing bubble bursting which in turn was caused by Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton!!!
In fact you are still blaming Bush for the Current economy even though he left office over five years ago. You can never blame another Progressive for anything!!!
The Housing bubble was caused by legislation enacted by President Carter 30 years before the said bubble? Are you nuts? I debunked that fable at least 5 times and you keep coming back to it. I've even published parables on traffic lights to show how off and in left field you are, yet you just swallow, hide, and come back with it a few weeks or months later, and repeat the same fables, as you do for others. The bubble, the stock market crash, the greed, the housing crash, the crooked brokers and mtge brokers, they all happened under GWB's watch, not Carter's, not Clinton's.

Let me use your very own words right here, to wit, "In fact you are still blaming Bush for the Current economy even though he left office over five years ago." Don't you look silly now? FIVE YEARS? Yet you go back to Carter, 34 YEARS and Clinton, 14 YEARS, but that's okay. Aren't you even blushing? Hell, the other day, you mentioned WILSON, 93 years.

Location hidden

#184852 Feb 4, 2014
The EPA and OSHA are running out of things to regulate so they INVENT problems like micro-soot from diesel trucks which contributed only about 0.1% to the problem. The average wild fire season make over a thousand times more micro-shoot than diesel trucks yet we are pending over $2B a year to fix just 0.1% of the problem.
Did you know that for every ten gallons of diesel fuel these trucks use the they also use a gallon of DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) which is one third PIG PISS!!!!
Yea, they call it URIS ACID but they get it from ..... pig farms!!!
Well, it is almost pig scheißen !

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#184853 Feb 4, 2014
Jacques,
It is just sacrilegious on so many levels to use Madagascar Rosewood on the fretboard of any electric guitar for no other reason than for vanity and to show off.
Rosewood fretboards on electric guitars do not influence sound quality in any perceptible manner.
They could use laminated domestic plywood and you wouldn't know the difference in a controlled and blind-folded test.
loose

Ottawa

#184854 Feb 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Mitt Romney's job to make companies profitable for the share holders and it it made cent$ to move the jobs overseas, he did. But he made those decisions because the EPA, OSHA and DoL made employing people here in the U.S. to expensive.
Just raise the minimum wag to $10.10 per hour and you will see even more jobs go overseas!
Thank you for admitting that, even though I'm sure it was hardly your intention. So, it's not just the progressives that are exporting jobs. What about Kellogg's? Closing its over-100 years old plants in Battle Creek amongst others and here in Ontario, Same for Heinz, the bastards, in order to move them to Asia, yes, Asia, even though none of the plants that will close has ever lost a single cent. All profitable, but "hey, we can pay $2. an hour in Asia and make even more money, better yet it's overseas, we can lop profits off the top, evade U.S. taxes...". You have the lowest minimum wage of the 34 OECD members. What's that done for you?

Minimum wage will drive jobs overseas? Since when? Some 3rd nation wages are slave wages, often 50 cents to $2. an hour, tops. So you think YOUR minimum wage should be in that range in order to compete? Do you realise that working for minimum wage in the U.S., even at $10.10 per hour, automatically forces the worker to apply for food stamps? In an economy like the U.S., the strongest in the world with a high cost of living, do you really think it's moral, even though it's legal, to pay employees a starvation wage of $7 an hour? And your gods, the big corporations, wouldn't even pay $7 and hour were they not obliged by law to do so.

Ottawa

#184855 Feb 4, 2014
* an hour

Ottawa

#184856 Feb 4, 2014
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, then why did DoJ return that wood to Gibson???
This is all so silly. How many forests have the making of Gibson guitars and banjos devastated? In principle, it's wrong, but Gibson is not deforesting Madagascar.

Ottawa

#184857 Feb 4, 2014
P.S.: Europe and other "rich nations" are dong the devastation.

“On Deck”

French Polynesia

#184858 Feb 4, 2014
Jacques,
The harvesting practices in Madagascar and many points beyond are unsustainable.
Those electric guitars are not marketed for people such as me who have such a refined and sophisticated sense of sound and music.
Those electric guitars are marketed to churn a profit and are geared for the heavy-metal, power bar-chord, mega-death, skull and cross bones rock 'n roll bands.
I know Gibson makes a mighty fine guitar, but they need to act more responsibly and not use endangered species in their instruments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min IBdaMann 53,990
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 3 hr Justise League 60,550
Racism 11 hr Realist 3
News Renewable energy: Ukiah a 70 percent carbon freea 21 hr Solarman 1
News California governor signs strict school vaccine... Fri RiccardoFire 22
News Regulators: California fell far short of water-... Fri RiccardoFire 9
News Redwood Valley ready to fight Dollar General Fri Big Johnson 5
More from around the web