BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit ...

BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

There are 194284 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 8, 2009, titled BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#179161 Nov 12, 2013
Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!! Good try, but no cigar!!
As a sovereign nation we made the decision as to who would be citizens of the US, they are those born/naturalized here and subject only to the jurisdiction, thereof.
As a sovereign nation we did indeed make a decision as to who would be citizens, and who would be Natural Born Citizens, and Bingham and Rawle and ten appeals courts all say the same thing about the definition of Natural Born. It includes EVERY child born in the USA regardless of the citizenship of the parents, regardless of whether the child was a dual citizen at birth (or even a dual citizen when eligible to be president);;

"Therefore every person born within the United States, its territories or districts, whether the parents are citizens or aliens, is a natural born citizen in the sense of the Constitution, and entitled to all the rights and privileges appertaining to that capacity."---William Rawle, A VIEW OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. 2d ed.(1829)

“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”

More reading on the subject:

http://www.fredthompsonsamerica.com/2012/07/3...

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyiname...

http://www.obamabirthbook.com/http:/www.obama...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural-born-cit...

http://tesibria.typepad.com/whats_your_eviden...
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#179163 Nov 12, 2013
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole point of the negotiations with Iran on its nuclear intentions is to keep the Ayatollahs from acquiring nuclear weapons. Do you see anything wrong with that? And the whole international community is in on those negotiations. It's not a Chamberlain thing, as Iran has not invaded anyone yet, far as I know. As a matter of fact, which country has Iran invaded in the last 1000 years? Like Rogue, you prefer that Iran continue its nuclear warheads development. Israel is NOT going to be nuked by Iran. Its leaders are strong on dying for Islam except...when it comes to them. Any strike on Tel Aviv would result in a total annihilation of Iran by Israel which, in case you don't know, has over 100 nuclear warheads. And, just like Iran, they don't even need unmanned missiles to launch them, being so close. A nice Mig 29 or F-16 will do just fine, thank you.
As to me being safe from nuclear strikes, well, no one is. Not Israel nor any other country. ICBMs have seen to that.
I'm of the mindset that we cannot trust the Iranians at all. The more complicated side of this is I know the United States cannot be trusted either because we have a liar running the country. Just ask any of the 5 million who have lost or are losing their health insurance. That is why character matters.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#179164 Nov 12, 2013
Scrutiny wrote:
<quoted text>
No one can live with a nuclear Iran.
No nukes for non-secular nations. There isn't a need to expand on that sentence at all...ever.
Nuclear weapons are here. The only major force in the world that doesn't have em? Japan. The only nation that has experienced what they do.(Those were only atom bombs, nuclear bombs are way nastier) They aren't going away.
Iran is what the muslims want to be the epicenter of an Islamic nation. Islam rules their government. Islam defined by those who will be in power. These people have a burning desire for it all to be over. They would bring on their fabled "apocalypse" like it was their job.
So that whole "mutual destruction" defense can be thrown out the window. They think that is what is supposed to happen. They are warped serfs of a twisted, old testament god.
Israel certainly can't afford a nuclear Iran. These are the same people who look into Israel's television cameras talking about streets flowing with the blood of the Jews. They are fucking insane.
And I don't want to hear any "religion of peace" or "god is love" crap either. The people who are peaceful are never the people in charge. Devout people with nuclear weapons are a direct threat to the continued survival of mankind.
I don't care what percentage of which country is delusional. I care when the people making decisions wouldn't mind meeting their "maker". I mind when they look forward to the end, and are joyfully willing to make that decision for everyone.
Lunatics.
Very direct and to the point. I couldn't agree more.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#179165 Nov 12, 2013
hope this works, she is a pearl. For Libtards (Rogue tm reg'd) only.

http://www.flixxy.com/9-year-old-girl-sings-o...

Ottawa

#179167 Nov 12, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush is someone who believes his polices opened the door for the Armageddon to take place sooner rather than later.
Rumsfeld even had bible verses written on bombs.
The Arab Spring was a direct result when Bush invaded Iraq.
The Japanese scientist can put together a Nuclear Bomb very quickly ( IN DAYS )even though they do not have one.
The NUKE Genie has been out of the bottle for many years and there is very little anyone can do about it.
Make no mistake scrutiny, the Ayatollahs in Iran and the Kings of Saudi Arabia along with Dumbya Bush have set the stage for Armageddon.
The Saudis want regime change in Syria because Iraq made Iran much stronger when the Shiites took over Iraq.
The Sunni/Shia thing is very strong and both hate Gods chosen people the Hebrews.
==========
Bush's Shocking Biblical Prophecy Emerges: God Wants to "Erase" Mid-East Enemies "Before a New Age Begins"
http://tinyurl.com/p5ktmv / 25 May 2009
Bush explained to French Pres. Chirac that the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Mid-East and must be defeated.
The revelation this month in GQ Magazine that Donald Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary embellished top-secret wartime memos with quotations from the Bible prompts a question. Why did he believe he could influence President Bush by that means?
The answer may lie in an alarming story about George Bush's Christian millenarian beliefs that has yet to come to light.
In 2003 while lobbying leaders to put together the Coalition of the Willing, President Bush spoke to France's President Jacques Chirac. Bush wove a story about how the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Middle East and how they must be defeated. http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/42966
I'll bet Chirac was impressed !

Ottawa

#179168 Nov 12, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm of the mindset that we cannot trust the Iranians at all. The more complicated side of this is I know the United States cannot be trusted either because we have a liar running the country. Just ask any of the 5 million who have lost or are losing their health insurance. That is why character matters.
Harsh words, those. You really mean them?

What matters whether Iran can be trusted or not? As I opined to Scrutiny, what if they keep building their bomb while "negotiating" OR build their bomb with no negotiations? Result? The same. So, what's wrong with taking a risk, negotiating and see how it comes out. Intelligent, aware diplomacy will beat diplomacy any time.

To call your president a liar because 5 million our of 310 million will not keep their insurance? Even though Obamacare may offer, not in all cases, no, but in many cases, better insurance coverage? And, this plan is complex. Do you honestly think that Obama, the president, who has other things to administrate, SAW in the obamacare implementation that 5% would not keep their plans as promised , he SAW that and made that promise nonetheless knowing he'd eventually be found out? As I said earlier, are you gonna call the weatherman a liar if tomorrow's promised sun turns into rain?

In international treaties, no nation, including the U.S.A., can be trusted when its national interests are at stake. But, having said that, I would trust the U.S. before trusting Iran. That is why negotiations must be driven from a position of strength and, yes,...compromise. There is no diplomacy without compromise. When it's over, both sides have to have won. There must be no losers.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#179169 Nov 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oregon’s one weird trick to destroy Obamacare
Written by David Freddoso. Posted in 2014 Campaigns, Yep, This Happened
CaptureThere’s been much talk about how the Obamacare exchanges need to attract enough young and healthy people to survive. If a disproportionately old, sick and expensive crowd signs up in any given state, premiums will skyrocket for 2015.
So as you can guess, this move by Oregon — whose exchange doesn’t work but has awesome, freaky television ads — is especially brilliant. Let’s fast-track the sick people while the healthy ones aren’t signing up:
- See more at: http://www.conservativeintel.com/2013/11/07/o...
Oregon is the home of many lost hippies,especially the ones that don't remember the 60's. The star of 'Portlandia' used to play the Obama on SNL.

Ottawa

#179170 Nov 12, 2013
I had never seen this interview,( in two parts).

If you don't like one-sided massacres, slaughters, don't watch this. Bill Clinton KO's poor Chris Wallace to a pulp. Superior inteliigence pitted against Fox Murdoch right-wing prejudice. Just not fair, no contest.

I love it when Clinton tells him right in his Foz face that Fox has asked him, Clinton, more questions on Bin Laden, 9/11 and Afghanistan than they ever did GWB or his flunkies. Anyways, here they are, and it my link doesn't work, just google "Chris Wallace Fox interviews with Clinton,2006). But birthers won't do that, now will they?

Search Results

Bill Clinton Kicks the Crap out of Fox News Part 1 - YouTube

&#9658; 7:18&#9658; 7:18

www.youtube.com/watch... ;

Sep 24, 2006 - Uploaded by prezjackie
Clinton agreed to a 15 minute one-on-one interview with Fox News only on the condition ... Bill Clinton ...

Bill Clinton on Fox News Sunday (Part 2 of 3)- YouTube

&#9658; 8:29&#9658; 8:29

www.youtube.com/watch... ;

Sep 24, 2006 - Uploaded by orbusmax
Statistics Report. Uploaded on Sep 24, 2006. Chris Wallace interviewing Former President
Frank

Spokane, WA

#179171 Nov 12, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never heard the term 'Revolving Door'?
Politics 101: Listen Up!
Cheney was in government all of his life.
Then, became the CEO of Halliburton and then back to government as Vice President of the USA.
This is called Conflict of Interest IMO.
----------
DON’T BAIL OUT WALL STREET CROOKS
Sen. Bernie Sanders, Robert Scheer and Dean Baker on the Proposed $700 Billion Bailout of Wall Street, the Largest Government Bailout of Private Industry in US History / September 22, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/3j789r
It’s being described as the largest government intervention in private markets since the Great Depression. The Bush administration has asked Congress to swiftly approve a massive $700 billion package to rescue the crippled financial institutions on Wall Street. Some analysts say the final cost to taxpayers could top one trillion dollars. Over the weekend, the size of the proposed bailout grew as the Bush administration said foreign banks, including Barclays and UBS, should be eligible for the bailout.
http://www.democracynow.org/2008/9/22/sen_ber...
-----
BAD MONEY: RECKLESS FINANCE, FAILED POLITICS, AND THE GLOBAL CRISIS OF AMERICAN CAPITALISM
September 19, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/4lkyle
BILL MOYERS: If you read only one book on the route to this financial meltdown, I recommend this one: BAD MONEY: RECKLESS FINANCE, FAILED POLITICS, AND THE GLOBAL CRISIS OF AMERICAN CAPITALISM. The author, Kevin Phillips, has a history of being way ahead of the curve. As a young man working for Richard Nixon, he wrote THE EMERGING REPUBLICAN MAJORITY, a book that uncannily predicted how the GOP would regain power in Washington. Kevin Phillips saw our current crisis coming a long time ago. And in one book of historical insight after another, laid out the clues he was tracking. As recently as last spring in the AMERICAN PROSPECT magazine, Phillips wrote that what he thought was about to happen would be "unusual and potentially tragic."
In the preface of his book, he has written that these things usually come to fruition in August and September. And sure enough, here we are coping in September with the effects of bad money. Kevin, it's good to see you again.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/09192008/wa...
If we used ethical standards to determine who would be working for the White House, Obama would have no one there. He is the most corrupt occupant of The White House,ever. The Obama administration is the text book example of cronyism.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#179172 Nov 12, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush is someone who believes his polices opened the door for the Armageddon to take place sooner rather than later.
Rumsfeld even had bible verses written on bombs.
The Arab Spring was a direct result when Bush invaded Iraq.
The Japanese scientist can put together a Nuclear Bomb very quickly ( IN DAYS )even though they do not have one.
The NUKE Genie has been out of the bottle for many years and there is very little anyone can do about it.
Make no mistake scrutiny, the Ayatollahs in Iran and the Kings of Saudi Arabia along with Dumbya Bush have set the stage for Armageddon.
The Saudis want regime change in Syria because Iraq made Iran much stronger when the Shiites took over Iraq.
The Sunni/Shia thing is very strong and both hate Gods chosen people the Hebrews.
==========
Bush's Shocking Biblical Prophecy Emerges: God Wants to "Erase" Mid-East Enemies "Before a New Age Begins"
http://tinyurl.com/p5ktmv / 25 May 2009
Bush explained to French Pres. Chirac that the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Mid-East and must be defeated.
The revelation this month in GQ Magazine that Donald Rumsfeld as Defense Secretary embellished top-secret wartime memos with quotations from the Bible prompts a question. Why did he believe he could influence President Bush by that means?
The answer may lie in an alarming story about George Bush's Christian millenarian beliefs that has yet to come to light.
In 2003 while lobbying leaders to put together the Coalition of the Willing, President Bush spoke to France's President Jacques Chirac. Bush wove a story about how the Biblical creatures Gog and Magog were at work in the Middle East and how they must be defeated. http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/42966
Do you believe in UFOs? I do and I know what they are. They are ... Unidentified Flying Objects .... and I have see some. "WTF was that?"

Ottawa

#179173 Nov 12, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>If we used ethical standards to determine who would be working for the White House, Obama would have no one there. He is the most corrupt occupant of The White House,ever. The Obama administration is the text book example of cronyism.
Whose ethical standards? Birthers'? Yours? If for just a moment you put YOUR "Obama" hate aside, you'd probably want to rethink your ridiculous, unfounded and unproven birther statements such as "He is the most corrupt occupant of The White House, ever. The Obama administration is the text book example of cronyism." Truly childish, puerile, infantile, can't find the right word. Oh,there it is : BIRTHER.

Location hidden

#179175 Nov 12, 2013
I saw this on Fox News this morning. A WHITE guy running for office in a black district in Houston, TX has some brochures printed that only shows black people and the black people voted for him thinking he was black.
And you call white conservatives racists?!?

White Man Pretends to be Black to Win Election!
By Onan Coca / 12 November 2013

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2850/white-man-pretend...

Location hidden

#179176 Nov 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Oregon’s one weird trick to destroy Obamacare
Written by David Freddoso. Posted in 2014 Campaigns, Yep, This Happened
CaptureThere’s been much talk about how the Obamacare exchanges need to attract enough young and healthy people to survive. If a disproportionately old, sick and expensive crowd signs up in any given state, premiums will skyrocket for 2015.
So as you can guess, this move by Oregon — whose exchange doesn’t work but has awesome, freaky television ads — is especially brilliant. Let’s fast-track the sick people while the healthy ones aren’t signing up:
- See more at: http://www.conservativeintel.com/2013/11/07/o ...
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Oregon is the home of many lost hippies,especially the ones that don't remember the 60's. The star of 'Portlandia' used to play the Obama on SNL.
I know, I have a sort of adopted aunt who has lived there for 50 odd years. My mother's parents took her in at age 12 and foster raised her. The last time I saw her thirty years ago and she is a loony-tooney lefty.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#179177 Nov 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
I saw this on Fox News this morning. A WHITE guy running for office in a black district in Houston, TX has some brochures printed that only shows black people and the black people voted for him thinking he was black.
Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2850/white-man-pretend...
Actually he mislead and deceived. Going so far as to get an endorsement with the same name as a leading black politician.

Deceive and mislead to win an election.....sounds like a typical republitard.

Location hidden

#179178 Nov 12, 2013
Hummm, the second shoe has hit the floor ..... and Obama has screwed himself! Sooner or later the Clinton's were going to get their revenge for 2008 and it just looks like they did.

Bill Clinton: Obama should fulfill ‘keep your plan’ vow
Olivier Knox, Yahoo News
By Olivier Knox, Yahoo News 2 hours ago

Bill “Secretary of Explainin’ Stuff” Clinton said in an interview broadcast Tuesday that President Barack Obama should fulfill his promise to Americans that “if you like your health care plan, you can keep it” even if it means modifying the law popularly known as “Obamacare.”

Obama made that pledge again and again, both in the run-up to the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and in the 2012 campaign — but it was false. Republicans determined to roll back Obamacare have pounded away at this broken promise, even as thousands of Americans have been receiving word that insurers are scrapping their current policies.

“I personally believe — even if it takes a change in the law — the president should honor the commitment the federal government made to those people and let them keep what they got,” Clinton told the online magazine OZY.

The former president — who riled Obama’s re-election team in June 2012 by praising Mitt Romney’s “sterling business record”— came out on balance as strongly in favor of the health care overhaul.

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-clinton--obama-sho...

Location hidden

#179179 Nov 12, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2850/white-man-pretend ...
ActuaIIy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually he mislead and deceived. Going so far as to get an endorsement with the same name as a leading black politician.
Deceive and mislead to win an election.....sounds like a typical republitard.
You mean the black people did not realize he was not black? And you call me "tard"? Hey, I have some beach front property on the French island of Saint Pierre. It is a great winter get-a-way and not to many people know about it too!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Pierre_and...

Location hidden

#179180 Nov 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Saudi Arabia, nukes, no protection from the U.S.? Are you totally out of your senses again?
Won't protect it ? What about bowing to Saudi Arabia and getting involved in the Gulf War? They were next. How about again bowing to S. Arabia and invading Kuwait? Won't protect it? Come again6
And is Saudi Arabia not the faithful ally that continues to funnel funds to Al Qaeda and the Taliban? Is Saudi Arabia not the trusted ally that had SIXTEEN (16) out of EIGHTEEN (18) terrorists on board those 4 jets on 9/11 and 2 days after blackmailed GWB into letting hundreds of Saudis fly out of the U.S. even though there was a total interdiction on flying?
You're going to bat for those people, the very same people who are using YOUR dollars to finance terrorists and to acquire nuclear weapons which, and don't kid yourself, is a regime much more Islamist and extremist than Iran. Women can drive in Iran, women don't have to hide themselves from head to toe in Iran, etc.
Wake up and smell the turnips, Rogue.
Are you blaming Bush again? And you think a Muslim country that does not make their women cover up is NOT a threat to us?
If there was a "total interdiction", just how did they fly out? Oh, they are not using MY tax dollars. They are using money from their petroleum industry that they get partially because America refuses to produce their own petroleum!
You seem to forget Saudi Arabia has only recently started to look to by nukes and Bush retired FIVE years ago so don't blame him!

Location hidden

#179181 Nov 12, 2013
Oh, I don't think the Saudi Arabian government had anymore to do with 9/11 than the U.S. government had to do with Timothy McVeigh.

Location hidden

#179182 Nov 12, 2013
hope this works, she is a pearl. For Libtards (Rogue tm reg'd) only.
http://www.flixxy.com/9-year-old-girl-sings-o...
Well, I am not into opera but she seems to sing it very well ... for an adult .... and for a child .... she probably has not equal.
Soooo why do you think it was for Libtards only? I am not a big country fan but I do listen every now and then. I don't understand what this guy is singing it but it did make a big hit here in America.

Since: Feb 11

Nearer than you would like

#179183 Nov 12, 2013
Did we invade Syria yet?

It seems that Republicants love whining about things that have not happened.

If your healthcare provider made you switch plans because of the new law, blame them. The University of Chicago released a study a while back that showed that 90 of insurance plans cover less than what the new law demands. They will charge some people more in order to do that. If you don't like it, too bad. The President ran for re-election based on that program. He won. get over it. It is his mandate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min OzRitz 54,328
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Justise_League 201,848
News Higher minimum-wage proposals gain ground in Ne... 8 hr swedenforever 76
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Feb '09) 10 hr Majikmon 5,191
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 13 hr Reverend Alan 60,789
News Salt Is Slowly Crippling California's Almond In... Sun Timothy Turnstone 1
News Saakashvili signs deal with U.S. for regional s... Sun George 9
More from around the web