BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting Obama's citizen...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

The U.S. Supreme Court will consider Friday whether to take up a lawsuit challenging President-elect Barack Obama 's U.S. citizenship, a continuation of a New Jersey case embraced by some opponents of Obama's ...
Comments
135,061 - 135,080 of 177,357 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#153955 May 2, 2013
BandMaster wrote:
Looks like Benghazi is catching up to Barack Obama.
Jacques from Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
It is? Please demonstrate.
Well, why did the FBI (White House) release pictures of three suspects SEVEN month after Benghazi attack? Is it because their is a White House whistleblower giving information to FOX NEWS?!?
Ooooo that evil Fox News. They dare investigate the Benghazi attacks! But the Washington Post opened up the Watergate coverup so they were good.
And then we come to you logic of comparing Bill Clintons multiple felonies in the Monica cover up but you thought Bush's cover up about the WMD in Iraq and YOU SAT Bush's was worse because PEOPLE DIED. But if that logic works for Clinton-Bush, then the four deaths in Benghazi should be more important that a faux pas made my Sarah Palin!?!
Yep, Libtradian LOgic at it's best!

Jacqueau Logic
Jacqueau and Wojo rednecks decided that they weren't going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead. The first went in to see the counselor, who told him to take math, history, and logic.
"What's logic?" Poopo asked.
The professor answered, "Let me give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"
"I sure do."
"Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard," replied the professor.
"That's real good!" said Jacqueau.
The professor continued, "Logic will also tell me that since you have a yard, you also own a house."
Impressed, the Poopo said, "Amazing!"
"And since you own a house, logic dictates that you have a wife."
"That be Betty Mae! This is incredible!" The Jacqueau was catching on.
"Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual," said the professor.
"You're absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thing I ever heard! I cain't wait to take that logic class!"
Jacqueau, proud of the new world opening up to him, walked back into the hallway where his friend was still waiting.
"So what classes are ya takin'?" asked Wojo.
"Math, history, and logic!" replied Jacqueau.
"What in tarnation is logic?" asked Wojo.
"Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weed eater?" asked Jacqueau.
"No," Wojo replied.
To which Jacqueau replied, "You be quear, ain't ya?"
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#153956 May 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Also.
Rep. John Bingham of Ohio, considered the father of the Fourteenth Amendment, confirms the understanding and construction the framers used in regards to birthright and jurisdiction while speaking on civil rights of citizens in the House on March 9, 1866:
[I] find no fault with the introductory clause [S 61 Bill], which is simply declaratory of what is written in the Constitution, that every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen...[6]
ngham also said:

“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”

It seems that by 1869 he had changed his mind from what he said in 1866.

More importantly, Senator Lyman Trumball, the actual author of the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment, said:

“By the terms of the Constitution he must have been a citizen of the United States for nine years before he could take a seat here, and seven years before he could take a seat in the other House ; and, in order to be President of the United States, a person must be a native-born citizen. It is the common law of this country, and of all countries, and it was unnecessary to incorporate it in the Constitution, that a person is a citizen of the country in which he is born. I read from Paschale's Annotated Constitution, note 274:‘All persons born in the allegiance of the king are natural born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together.’ Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country as well as of England. There are two exceptions, and only two, to the universality of its application. The children of ambassadors are, in theory, born in the allegiance of the powers the ambassadors represent, and slaves, in legal contemplation, are property, and not persons.”—Sen. Trumbull, Cong. Globe. 1st Session, 42nd Congress, pt. 1, pg. 575 (1872)
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#153957 May 2, 2013
The above should read:

"Bingham also said:"

Location hidden

#153958 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already stated my interests. Poopo thinks Obama's award ceremony was far more important that this murder trial. And apparently the LSM also feels that way.
<quoted text>
It WAS more important, and no on was murdered. No blood, no screams. That alone would make it very boring for you.
Not one of you Libtards has ever explained what Obama did in 2008 to win the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize? Being the first half-black to be elected president is not a reason to be even recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize.
In other words, the Nobel Peace Prize has become a Liberal political football

Location hidden

#153959 May 2, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
[Bi]ngham also said:
“Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen.” Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)”
It seems that by 1869 he had changed his mind from what he said in 1866.
More importantly, Senator Lyman Trumball, the actual author of the citizenship clause of the 14th amendment, said:
“By the terms of the Constitution he must have been a citizen of the United States for nine years before he could take a seat here, and seven years before he could take a seat in the other House ; and, in order to be President of the United States, a person must be a native-born citizen. It is the common law of this country, and of all countries, and it was unnecessary to incorporate it in the Constitution, that a person is a citizen of the country in which he is born. I read from Paschale's Annotated Constitution, note 274:‘All persons born in the allegiance of the king are natural born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together.’ Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country as well as of England. There are two exceptions, and only two, to the universality of its application. The children of ambassadors are, in theory, born in the allegiance of the powers the ambassadors represent, and slaves, in legal contemplation, are property, and not persons.”—Sen. Trumbull, Cong. Globe. 1st Session, 42nd Congress, pt. 1, pg. 575 (1872)
Hey Tootzie, You do know that both of those are a personal opinion and not a court ruling, don't you? Opinions are like azz holes, everyone has one.

“Bonjour Hello Buongiorno Hola”

Since: Feb 12

Ottawa

#153962 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
BandMaster wrote:
Looks like Benghazi is catching up to Barack Obama.
<quoted text>
Well, why did the FBI (White House) release pictures of three suspects SEVEN month after Benghazi attack? Is it because their is a White House whistleblower giving information to FOX NEWS?!?
Ooooo that evil Fox News. They dare investigate the Benghazi attacks! But the Washington Post opened up the Watergate coverup so they were good.
And then we come to you logic of comparing Bill Clintons multiple felonies in the Monica cover up but you thought Bush's cover up about the WMD in Iraq and YOU SAT Bush's was worse because PEOPLE DIED. But if that logic works for Clinton-Bush, then the four deaths in Benghazi should be more important that a faux pas made my Sarah Palin!?!
Yep, Libtradian LOgic at it's best!
Jacqueau Logic
Jacqueau and Wojo rednecks decided that they weren't going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead. The first went in to see the counselor, who told him to take math, history, and logic.
"What's logic?" Poopo asked.
The professor answered, "Let me give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"
"I sure do."
"Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard," replied the professor.
"That's real good!" said Jacqueau.
The professor continued, "Logic will also tell me that since you have a yard, you also own a house."
Impressed, the Poopo said, "Amazing!"
"And since you own a house, logic dictates that you have a wife."
"That be Betty Mae! This is incredible!" The Jacqueau was catching on.
"Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual," said the professor.
"You're absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thing I ever heard! I cain't wait to take that logic class!"
Jacqueau, proud of the new world opening up to him, walked back into the hallway where his friend was still waiting.
"So what classes are ya takin'?" asked Wojo.
"Math, history, and logic!" replied Jacqueau.
"What in tarnation is logic?" asked Wojo.
"Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weed eater?" asked Jacqueau.
"No," Wojo replied.
To which Jacqueau replied, "You be quear, ain't ya?"
You keep harping about the Benghazi deaths, as well you should. But, you like to compare the Oval office sex with GWB's Afghanistan and Iraq disasters like they had the same consequences. Now, how about comparing the unfortunate Benghazi deaths with the 11 men killed by BP and your friends Halliburton in the Gulf. That's EIGHT (8) more than Benghazi, yet not a word from you from the time it happened to now. Nothing. Do you see the absurdity of your position now?

As to that joke, it's old old old, Rogue. This is minimum the 4th or 5th time. Was not funny the 1st time,(not witty, not smart - do you know what I mean?) not funny the 5th time either. It does not improve with age.
Grand Birther

Oregon, OH

#153963 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tootzie, You do know that both of those are a personal opinion and not a court ruling, don't you? Opinions are like azz holes, everyone has one.
Maybe you should explain that to your pal Justice Dumbarse.

Ottawa

#153964 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already stated my interests. Poopo thinks Obama's award ceremony was far more important that this murder trial. And apparently the LSM also feels that way.<quoted text>
Not one of you Libtards has ever explained what Obama did in 2008 to win the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize? Being the first half-black to be elected president is not a reason to be even recommended for the Nobel Peace Prize.
In other words, the Nobel Peace Prize has become a Liberal political football
Why do you lie like you breathe? I did comment on the Nobel peace prize when it was awarded and every time since then when mentioned, in Topix and elsewhere before I joined here. It was given much too early in Obama's career and presidency, I think it was a mistake, a hasty decision by the Nobel committee, but not as half a mistake or half as hasty as the Nobel Peace Prize awarded Kinssinger and Le duc Tho, one the carpet-bombing assassin of Cambodia and creator of Pol Pot , the other, a brutal brutish Vietnemese commander who cared not a penny for anyone's life, north or south. Happy, now?
Learn to Read

Camby, IN

#153965 May 2, 2013
Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!! I love it, every time you post, you just show your ignorance! Do yourself a favor, stop posting or learn to read!
Poor Dufus. Every time you post your fable the world laughs. Sucks to be Dufus. Do the world a favor. Get some new material
Learn to Read

Camby, IN

#153966 May 2, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>ngham also said:

“"Who does not know that every person born within the limits of the Republic is, in the language of the Constitution, a natural-born citizen?". Rep. Bingham, The congressional globe, Volume 61, Part 2. pg. 2212 (1869)
I'm sure that Rep Bingham thought his question was rhetorical, but the obvious answer is "only Dufus Dale does not know this most basic of truths"
Ellen1

Arlington, MA

#153967 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birther quoted the personal opinion of Bingham, and then I showed that he had changed that opinion, and I added another opinion.

As for a Supreme Court ruling, well, that ALSO shows that the meaning of Natural Born Citizen refers to the place of birth. Here is the key ruling, the ruling in the Wong Kim Ark case (which, btw, was AFTER Minor v. Happersett):

"

It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.

III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established."

That quite clearly shows that the majority in the Wong Kim Ark case (and it was six justices to two, one not voting) held that the meaning of Natural Born Citizen came from the common law ("by the law of England for the last three centuries") and that it referred to the place of birth, not the citizenship of the parents. It also said that the same rule was used in England and in the 13 colonies and in the early states and UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. And it said that Natural Born Citizen includes all the children born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats.

Location hidden

#153969 May 2, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you lie like you breathe? I did comment on the Nobel peace prize when it was awarded and every time since then when mentioned, in Topix and elsewhere before I joined here. It was given much too early in Obama's career and presidency, I think it was a mistake, a hasty decision by the Nobel committee, but not as half a mistake or half as hasty as the Nobel Peace Prize awarded Kinssinger and Le duc Tho, one the carpet-bombing assassin of Cambodia and creator of Pol Pot , the other, a brutal brutish Vietnemese commander who cared not a penny for anyone's life, north or south. Happy, now?
Okay, just how did Kissinger "carpet-bomb" or "assassinate" Cambodia? This I have to hear how you Libtards figured out that one!
LRS

Shreveport, LA

#153970 May 2, 2013
Learn to Read wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Dufus. Every time you post your fable the world laughs. Sucks to be Dufus. Do the world a favor. Get some new material
Off yourself immediately and the world will laugh, not with you but at you! Sparky, the world will never laugh with you because you've never said anything remotely funny. They're laughing alright......AT you! Like me, see...LMAO! squidiot

Ottawa

#153971 May 2, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The birther quoted the personal opinion of Bingham, and then I showed that he had changed that opinion, and I added another opinion.
As for a Supreme Court ruling, well, that ALSO shows that the meaning of Natural Born Citizen refers to the place of birth. Here is the key ruling, the ruling in the Wong Kim Ark case (which, btw, was AFTER Minor v. Happersett):
"
It thus clearly appears that, by the law of England for the last three centuries, beginning before the settlement of this country and continuing to the present day, aliens, while residing in the dominions possessed by the Crown of England, were within the allegiance, the obedience, the faith or loyalty, the protection, the power, the jurisdiction of the English Sovereign, and therefore every child born in England of alien parents was a natural-born subject unless the child of an ambassador or other diplomatic agent of a foreign State or of an alien enemy in hostile occupation of the place where the child was born.
III. The same rule was in force in all the English Colonies upon this continent down to the time of the Declaration of Independence, and in the United States afterwards, and continued to prevail under the Constitution as originally established."
That quite clearly shows that the majority in the Wong Kim Ark case (and it was six justices to two, one not voting) held that the meaning of Natural Born Citizen came from the common law ("by the law of England for the last three centuries") and that it referred to the place of birth, not the citizenship of the parents. It also said that the same rule was used in England and in the 13 colonies and in the early states and UNDER THE CONSTITUTION. And it said that Natural Born Citizen includes all the children born in the USA except for the children of foreign diplomats.
Ellen wrote : "The birther quoted the personal opinion of Bingham, and then I showed that he had changed that opinion, and I added another opinion."

Everyone read, knew, and understood that. Except Rogue. Comprehension does not come quickly and easily to Rogue, as he's so often shown.

We shan't hear anymore from him on that one.

Location hidden

#153972 May 2, 2013
We, at no time, carpet bomb any populated area. We did carpet bomb the tunnel area of Cu Chi and the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Cambodia and Laos.
Cu Chi tunnels
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cu_Chi_tunnels

Oh, and the Phoenix Program started in 1965 under LBJ but continued until 1972 under Nixon. That is like if we today murdered every village chief in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Phoenix Program was by and large, just plain murder.

Phoenix Program
The program was in operation between 1965 and 1972, and similar efforts existed both before and after that period. By 1972, Phoenix operatives had "neutralized" 81,740 suspected NLF operatives, informants and supporters, of whom 26,369 were killed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program

BTW, the VC and NVA were doing the same thing but two wrongs do not make a right. In any event, Kissinger may have know about it but he had nothing to do with it.

Ottawa

#153973 May 2, 2013
Rogue Scholar 05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, just how did Kissinger "carpet-bomb" or "assassinate" Cambodia? This I have to hear how you Libtards figured out that one!
Ever hear of the secret carpet bombing of Cambodia and Laos as planned and engineered by the Nixon/Kissinger duo?(was it you who said LBJ and McNamara micro-managed the war? HA!). And how that brought the weak puppet Lon Nol to power in another of those CIA-blunder-engineered coups and how easily he was deposed by Pol Pot and how that initiated the "killing fields"? You're not too good at this, are you? Stick to driving helicopters, small planes and keep your opinions to yourself and don't ask questions except "where is the john?".

It seems everyone but you knows about these affairs. Will you believe your beloved Wikipedia?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Menu&#820... ;

If my link doesn't work, as it often does not, just google "secret bombing of Cambodia and Laos". Got it?
Learn to Read

Camby, IN

#153974 May 2, 2013
LRS wrote:
<quoted text>Off yourself immediately and the world will laugh, not with you but at you! Sparky, the world will never laugh with you because you've never said anything remotely funny. They're laughing alright......AT you! Like me, see...LMAO! squidiot
Psssst. Hey Romper. You forgot to call me a troll. You're slipping wuss boy

Location hidden

#153975 May 2, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"
<quoted text>
Ellen wrote : "The birther quoted the personal opinion of Bingham, and then I showed that he had changed that opinion, and I added another opinion."
Everyone read, knew, and understood that. Except Rogue. Comprehension does not come quickly and easily to Rogue, as he's so often shown.
We shan't hear anymore from him on that one.
Where does it say in United States v. Wong Kim Ark or in the Fourteenth Amendment does it say "natural Born citizen"?
Again, all it says is "citizen". Wong Kim Ark was a "native born citizen" as he was born on U.S. soil. But John McCain is a "natural born citizen" as both of his parents were U.S. citizens. My younger sister, who was born in Munich Germany in 1956 is also a "natural born citizen", again, because both of her parents were also U.S. citizens. And she has a DS-1350 to prove it. John McCain does not have a DS-1350 because the Panama "Canal Zone" was a U.S. territory at the time of his birth.
Certification of Report of Birth (DS-1350)
http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/faq/faq_...

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#153976 May 2, 2013
Jacques,
I just read that President Obama is going to nominate Penny Pritzker as Commerce Secretary.
My questions to you are how and why does one of the richest people in America wind up with the name "Penny"?
Could it be that she is a Penny Pinscher? My understanding is that the penny is derived from the British pence, and that in America the coin is officailly called the 'cent'.
I do not trust her.
loose
Learn to Read

Camby, IN

#153977 May 2, 2013
Ellen1 wrote:
<quoted text>The birther quoted the personal opinion of Bingham, and then I showed that he had changed that opinion, and I added another opinion....
Birfistan law as handed down by Dufus Dale - "any opinion that may support our fables is to be considered an absolute expression of legislative intent. Any opinion that is contrary to our fable is erroneous and irrelevant."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Brian_G 46,293
Britain, California to Work Together on Global ... (Aug '06) 40 min SpaceBlues 5
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr anonymous 54,838
California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr lechezz 4,998
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr Tank ever 7,926
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr landluber suck 200,576
Condoleezza Rice urges Republican party to be m... 9 hr Swedenforever 51
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••