Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th...

Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

There are 3805 comments on the The Daily Democrat story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange. In it, The Daily Democrat reports that:

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Democrat.

Memo From Turner

Baltimore, MD

#2891 Mar 31, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Here's my memo to you: My husband's grandather and grandmother were true immigrants, who did not sneak in, and made a concerted effort to be naturalized in a timely fashion. They never spoke tthe kind of crap your friend does at every chance he gets. I helped some Italian immigrants learn to speak English years ago, so don't come at me with your lame theory. I have spoken to many "immigrants" who entered this country through the freaking front door.
Oh the grandparents came through the welcome center on Ellis Island? You do know that they did not call ahead don't you? They just arrived one day unannounced.

The lack of appreciation for American ideals in later generations are not a new thing. It is a common phenomenon where the first generation to arrive embraces the American ideals and works hard, struggles with assimilation and the language, but is still able to scrape together a life of opportunity for their children. The children take full advantage of this, work hard and prosper far beyond what their parents imagined. The next generation has little appreciation for any of this. As far as they know they are entitled to everything and the American ideals of their parents turns into lashing out at any new comers who they feel are going take a piece of their pie.

I'm glad to hear that you once spoke to immigrants. Until now we only had the stories you tell about stalking brown skinned woman in the supermarket to see what they are buying. That was creepy.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2892 Apr 1, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh the grandparents came through the welcome center on Ellis Island? You do know that they did not call ahead don't you? They just arrived one day unannounced.
The lack of appreciation for American ideals in later generations are not a new thing. It is a common phenomenon where the first generation to arrive embraces the American ideals and works hard, struggles with assimilation and the language, but is still able to scrape together a life of opportunity for their children. The children take full advantage of this, work hard and prosper far beyond what their parents imagined. The next generation has little appreciation for any of this. As far as they know they are entitled to everything and the American ideals of their parents turns into lashing out at any new comers who they feel are going take a piece of their pie.
I'm glad to hear that you once spoke to immigrants. Until now we only had the stories you tell about stalking brown skinned woman in the supermarket to see what they are buying. That was creepy.
Foolish man, the grandfather and the Italians had sponsors, so actually they arrived announced. Stalking?? Hell, I can't help it if their carts are loaded with junk food and disposable diapers among other things which are visible for anybody to see.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2894 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish man, the grandfather and the Italians had sponsors
They were white and they didn't need sponsors.

They came to the USA because they wanted to come to the USA, the USA didn't call them up and say they needed them for their special talents.

The gate was wide open... for whites.

Location hidden

#2895 Apr 1, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
They were white and they didn't need sponsors.
They came to the USA because they wanted to come to the USA, the USA didn't call them up and say they needed them for their special talents.
The gate was wide open... for whites.
Whether you like it or not, these folks had
sponsors...period. How would you know, YOU weren't there. They came in the front door, and their intentions were to assimilate as quickly as they possibly could and to become naturalized as soon as possible....no excuses and no hand-outs. Memo, you forgot to change your ID. Ha ha, Sicilians are not necessarily always
white. Read up on it. Because of the location of Scily, many blood-ines can be traced in Sicilians. LMAO at you with your blinders on. Kind of blows your foolish theory.

Location hidden

#2896 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text> Whether you like it or not, these folks had
sponsors...period.
They didn't! Exclamation mark!

Immigration policies have changed since back in the good old days when everyone was allowed through the gate except if you were yellow or brown.

Location hidden

#2897 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
YOU weren't there.
Neither were you.

Location hidden

#2898 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
They came in the front door.
The front door was wide open.

Location hidden

#2899 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
Memo, you forgot to change your ID.
Liars don't need to change their ID or their aliases, shug.

Location hidden

#2900 Apr 1, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liars don't need to change their ID or their aliases, shug.
Funn, you called yorself out.. Further, my husband's grandfather or the sponsor of the Italian family were not liars. They had sponsors and jobs lined up. Accept it, you are wrong in this instance concerning the people I talked about.

Location hidden

#2901 Apr 1, 2014
s/b: yourself
Memo From Turner

Baltimore, MD

#2902 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Funn, you called yorself out.. Further, my husband's grandfather or the sponsor of the Italian family were not liars. They had sponsors and jobs lined up. Accept it, you are wrong in this instance concerning the people I talked about.
He called nobody out. He was simply confused by your incoherency.
Memo From Turner

Baltimore, MD

#2903 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Foolish man, the grandfather and the Italians had sponsors, so actually they arrived announced. Stalking?? Hell, I can't help it if their carts are loaded with junk food and disposable diapers among other things which are visible for anybody to see.
Oh. I did not know your family were recent immigrants to the US. Welcome to you and your people.

By the way. the laws regarding sponsoring family members did not come into effect until 1965.
Memo From Turner

Baltimore, MD

#2904 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text> Stalking?? Hell, I can't help it if their carts are loaded with junk food and disposable diapers among other things which are visible for anybody to see.
What else would you call it besides stalking. You commented about all of the illegal immigrant welfare cheats you see in the store buying Pampers. When called out on assuming all brown skinned people are illegal immigrants you explained that this was not the case at all. You work in a local school and you examine the personal records of all students when they register and you have confirmed which families are here illegally. Then you only specifically follow those women.

When asked how you knew these "illegal immigrants" were also welfare cheats you explained that only welfare cheats buy Pampers.

I must say I found your explanation far more disturbing than my original suspicions. There might be a lesson in there for you. When you get caught spewing bigotry you should just accept it and stop digging yourself deeper.

Location hidden

#2905 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Funn, you called yorself out.. Further, my husband's grandfather or the sponsor of the Italian family were not liars.
Obviously the congenital liar trait comes from your side of the family, eh, Chubby?

Location hidden

#2906 Apr 1, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
By the way. the laws regarding sponsoring family members did not come into effect until 1965.
Now, now, Memo, she's spinning a story here, don't distract here with actual details...she mixed up citizen "sponsorship" with sponsorship in La Cosa Nostra.

eh, piasan?
Jose B

Sterling, CO

#2907 Apr 1, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Immigration policies have changed since back in the good old days when everyone was allowed through the gate except if you were yellow or brown.
They were a HELL OF A LOT SMARTER BACK THEN!!! See what happened!!! Now we are stuck with a bunch of GREAZERS that breed like dump rats and stick us with the bill!!! Not to mention a bunch of fat black fuks like you!!! Ya big PUSS BAG!!! If my great great grandfather had seen things the way they are now he would have picked his own damn cotton!!!
Quirky

Denver, CO

#2909 Apr 1, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are full of Sh!tt !
Quirky

Denver, CO

#2910 Apr 1, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
<quoted text>Funn, you called yorself out.. Further, my husband's grandfather or the sponsor of the Italian family were not liars. They had sponsors and jobs lined up. Accept it, you are wrong in this instance concerning the people I talked about.
Every thing about Barefoot/Sinajuavi/UsMail is wrong. I wonder how the stoopid Bas- tard even functions! His La Raza ideals over shadow him. Same with Memo.
Jose B

Sterling, CO

#2911 Apr 1, 2014
Quirky wrote:
<quoted text>
Every thing about Barefoot/Sinajuavi/UsMail is wrong. I wonder how the stoopid Bas- tard even functions! His La Raza ideals over shadow him. Same with Memo.
He is FUN AND EASY to mess with. Just another RICO puppet!!! You look at RICOS ICON and see those pursed lips!!! Guess how he got em!!! Same place he got his LITHP!!!
Memo From Turner

Baltimore, MD

#2912 Apr 1, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, Memo, she's spinning a story here, don't distract here with actual details...she mixed up citizen "sponsorship" with sponsorship in La Cosa Nostra.
eh, piasan?
Yea I know. I just tend to give people more credit than I should.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min mdbuilder 60,994
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 222,269
News California court decision keeps teacher tenure ... 11 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
News Joe Guzzardi: UC Shows Blatant Favoritism towar... 16 hr Dee Dee Dee 2
Youth Track & Field Teams in Los Angeles County (Oct '11) Sun Queenkweli 17
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) Aug 21 In Gods we Trust 61,397
gang stalking and electronic harassment Aug 21 Anonymous 1
More from around the web