Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th...

Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange

There are 3805 comments on the The Daily Democrat story from Sep 26, 2013, titled Obamacare: Californians will pay 10th highest rates in country under health exchange. In it, The Daily Democrat reports that:

TOPSHOTS US President Barack Obama listens to President Michel Sleiman of Lebanon speaking to the media before a bilateral meeting on the sideline of the 68th United Nations General Assembly at the UN in New York on September 24, 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Democrat.

Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2804 Mar 27, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
Obamacare is a joke. The delay just proves what the administration doesn't have the gonads to say, not enough paying people signed up for this to work as they envisoined it would. I feel sorry for those who put their eggs in the wrong basket...yet again. Bottomline, expect higher costs to taxpayers, more polical wrangling and lawsuits. It's a sick joke.
Don't feel sorry for us. Anybody who is affected or at least understands the law thinks it is fantastic. If you want to feel bad for somebody consider the five million plus working poor who are eligible for free insurance through Medicaid expansion, but will not receive it because their governors turned it down for purely political reasons.

Since you are so full of pity you may also want to consider the taxpayers who live in those red states where they are blocking people from having insurance. They are still paying into the Medicare fund, but their taxes are going to provide people in other states with insurance. The bonus is that they get to pick up the tab when the unnecessarily uninsured people in their state need medical treatment.
truth facts

Lewis Center, OH

#2805 Mar 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't feel sorry for us. Anybody who is affected or at least understands the law thinks it is fantastic. If you want to feel bad for somebody consider the five million plus working poor who are eligible for free insurance through Medicaid expansion, but will not receive it because their governors turned it down for purely political reasons.
Since you are so full of pity you may also want to consider the taxpayers who live in those red states where they are blocking people from having insurance. They are still paying into the Medicare fund, but their taxes are going to provide people in other states with insurance. The bonus is that they get to pick up the tab when the unnecessarily uninsured people in their state need medical treatment.
Once again you prove yourself to be,CLUELESS!
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2806 Mar 27, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you prove yourself to be,CLUELESS!
And this is coming from the guy who works in the world's only completely free, completely anonymous hospital where anyone can walk in off the street and the staff is forbidden from even asking the people their name. I have always been curious how such an institution can stay in business, but apparently you have figured it out.

Why don't you solve the nation's healthcare issues right here and now and tell us the name of the hospital. Then everybody can get free treatment and the ACA will no longer be an issue.

Unless of course this was just another one of your weird stories.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2807 Mar 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is coming from the guy who works in the world's only completely free, completely anonymous hospital where anyone can walk in off the street and the staff is forbidden from even asking the people their name. I have always been curious how such an institution can stay in business, but apparently you have figured it out.
Why don't you solve the nation's healthcare issues right here and now and tell us the name of the hospital. Then everybody can get free treatment and the ACA will no longer be an issue.
Unless of course this was just another one of your weird stories.
Here you go stating falsehoods.Twisting words,flat out lying.You are useless and a waste of space.Do everyone a favor and flush yourself along with the disasterous law,where it belongs.
You still don't get it. AFTER the law is fully implemented,30 MILLION will still be WITHOUT insurance, That comes from the CBO.
The healthcare system has flaws but is still the best in the world and Hussein and the clown show is going to destroy it for what? 5 million signed up,out of that five million only 17% did not have insurance and the worst part nearly 1 million have not paid the first premium,so they do NOT have insurance.
Morons like you are clueless.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2808 Mar 27, 2014
If the law is ever implemented. CRASH and BURN.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2809 Mar 27, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
If the law is ever implemented. CRASH and BURN.
The law has already been implemented and millions of people are thrilled? What world do you live on?
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2810 Mar 27, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Here you go stating falsehoods.Twisting words,flat out lying.You are useless and a waste of space.Do everyone a favor and flush yourself along with the disasterous law,where it belongs.
You still don't get it. AFTER the law is fully implemented,30 MILLION will still be WITHOUT insurance, That comes from the CBO.
The healthcare system has flaws but is still the best in the world and Hussein and the clown show is going to destroy it for what? 5 million signed up,out of that five million only 17% did not have insurance and the worst part nearly 1 million have not paid the first premium,so they do NOT have insurance.
Morons like you are clueless.
So you are not even going to try to defend your previous comments? Feign outrage and change the subject. Lame.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2811 Mar 27, 2014
teddyr4me wrote:
Obamacare is a joke..
Poor people getting healthcare for the first time.

Hilarious!
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2812 Mar 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
The law has already been implemented and millions of people are thrilled? What world do you live on?
With thirty different delays,no the law is not fully implemented.Hell even kathleen syphilis can't even give straight answers about the train wreck.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2813 Mar 27, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people getting healthcare for the first time.
Hilarious!
Poor people have always been able to get healthcare.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2814 Mar 27, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>With thirty different delays,no the law is not fully implemented.Hell even kathleen syphilis can't even give straight answers about the train wreck.
Get back to me when you have something serious to say. I have no time for children.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#2815 Mar 27, 2014
Memo From Turner wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to me when you have something serious to say. I have no time for children.
Like wise,you extend the same courtesy to me. I have no time for morons.
Memo From Turner

Cortlandt Manor, NY

#2816 Mar 27, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Like wise,you extend the same courtesy to me. I have no time for morons.
Avoid mirrors.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2817 Mar 27, 2014
We in California just had a third State Senator arrest for corruption injust three month. And guess what party they belong to? Yep all three Democrats.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/03/27/l...
So many Democrats are now under arrest the Democratic leadership is worried about getting the budget passed.
And of course you have former DEMOCRATIC mayer of San Diego nBob Finer
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/24/us-...
Add that to the scandals in the City of Bell
http://www.latimes.com/topic/crime-law-justic...
And the City of Cudahy both Democratic stronghold
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
Other State should look at California and see what kind of job the Democrat party does when its in total control
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#2818 Mar 27, 2014
truth facts wrote:
<quoted text>Once again you prove yourself to be,CLUELESS!
all right, Truth !
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#2819 Mar 27, 2014
californio wrote:
We in California just had a third State Senator arrest for corruption injust three month. And guess what party they belong to? Yep all three Democrats.
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2014/03/27/l...
So many Democrats are now under arrest the Democratic leadership is worried about getting the budget passed.
And of course you have former DEMOCRATIC mayer of San Diego nBob Finer
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/24/us-...
Add that to the scandals in the City of Bell
http://www.latimes.com/topic/crime-law-justic...
And the City of Cudahy both Democratic stronghold
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story...
Other State should look at California and see what kind of job the Democrat party does when its in total control
this is exactly why the state is bankrupt because of all the corruption within the state's leaders ! the state is a goner !

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2820 Mar 27, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Poor people have always been able to get healthcare.
Wipe your chin, KnobJob.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2821 Mar 27, 2014
californio wrote:
We in California just had a third State Senator arrest for corruption injust three month. And guess what party they belong to? Yep all three Democrats.
Yellowstone County Detention Facility officials have confirmed that Jason Sheller Priest, a Republican state senator representing District 30 in Red Lodge, was housed at the jail on Sunday morning....

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-reg...

The deputy campaign manager for Delegate Barbara J. Comstock, a Virginia Republican running for a U.S. House seat, has been arrested for possession of marijuana.

Alison Rentschler has a hearing scheduled for April 17 in Loudoun General District Court on a misdemeanor charge stemming from a Feb. 22 incident, according to court records. Marijuana possession is illegal in Virginia, carrying a penalty of up to 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.

“Alison quit the campaign yesterday, but we did not know about any of this until you called,” Ray Allen, senior strategist for the campaign, told a reporter Monday.“She was a valued employee for two of our campaigns.”

Mr. Allen said Mrs. Comstock, who represents parts of Fairfax and Loudoun counties, opposes legalizing marijuana. She is running against five others in a firehouse primary to replace retiring GOPRep. Frank R. Wolf in Congress.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter

Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., was arrested for possession of cocaine on Oct. 29 in the District of Columbia, according to the court document below, which was revealed Tuesday.

McDonald's Secret Menu Discovered [VIDEO]
Emerging Market Stocks - Next Asset Class For The Hot Money?
'All Lives Are Lost'
How A Chinese Solar Giant Was Snared In An Italian Fraud Scandal

Radel -- a 37-year-old freshman congressman associated with the Tea Party movement in Florida -- has been charged with misdemeanor possession in D.C. Superior Court. He faces a maximum of 180 days in jail, as well as a fine of up to $1,000, Politico said. He is due to be arraigned on Wednesday.

"I'm profoundly sorry to let down my family, particularly my wife and son, and the people of Southwest Florida," Radel said in a statement posted to his Facebook page. "I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice. As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them.

"In facing this charge, I realize the disappointment my family, friends and constituents must feel. Believe me, I am disappointed in myself, and I stand ready to face the consequences of my actions,” Radel continued.“However, this unfortunate event does have a positive side. It offers me an opportunity to seek treatment and counseling. I know I have a problem and will do whatever is necessary to overcome it, hopefully setting an example for others struggling with this disease."

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#2822 Mar 28, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people getting healthcare for the first time.
Hilarious!
So, share the numbers...how many of those who bought this crap insurance were actually uninsured...how many, exact number???? Why can't this administration give us some real numbers regarding this point??? That is the real joke, and YOU just don't get the punchline.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2823 Mar 28, 2014
nd Not one of yoursinvolved public corruption while ALL OF MINE did.
And as for those caught with drugs. Im so conservative I consider drug laws an infringement of peoples rights and a waste of people lives and tax dollars.
A Republican politician who smokes a little wacky weed on the side is no where near as bad as a Democratic politician who sponser gun control laws then turns around and helps Gangster import illegal assault rifles As State Senator Leeland Yee is accused of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min Patriot AKA Bozo 62,872
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min JRB 233,779
looking for older men to have fun with 3 hr Grinder1373 1
News Political Earthquake In California Gay Conserva... 5 hr Raspberry3705 4
read this if you're looking for a real woman!! 6 hr Syrup2995 1
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr Grape Soda 16,061
News Recycled wastewater to give Los Angeles County ... (Nov '15) 16 hr Ronald 5
More from around the web