Why do black people hate cats?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Robert Wayne

Westlake, LA

#51 May 18, 2013
It's true. Most blacks I've come upon hate cats. They're not too fond of other animals either. But I've only known one black who didn't hate cats and I live in Louisiana. There are more blacks here than in Africa. Personally, I like cats. I think they're cute little animals and I enjoy watching them play.
CLW

Harrisburg, PA

#52 Aug 22, 2013
I am an African-American woman, and I LOVE cats! In fact, I like cats more than most people, black or white. And my daughter is the same way.
Moontide Arts

Watertown, NY

#53 Sep 1, 2013
Greenway7x wrote:
We could go back in history when crypto-druidic popes revived sadistic Euro-pagan abuse of cats as a precusor to fiery massacres of 'Kaetzers'(Cathars and Khazars)- doesn't mean all whites were/are cruel or haters of cats or of 'different' fellow humans. Nor does more ancient cat-worship among the Africans along the Nile mean some kind of weird racial volte-face if Americans of African heritage have fewer cats than dogs today.
I'm afraid that your argument, though rational, just and correct, is far too erudite for this thread. Bigotry is the theme here, so your intelligent comment will be largely ignored. Racists seldom wish to be educated.
Lalala

Opelika, AL

#54 Sep 18, 2013
"black people" don't hate cats. ignorant, mean people hate cats. ignorant, mean people hate any animal. ignorant, mean people hate blacks. ignorant, mean people hate people who are poor and require government assistance, etc. Personally, I have never heard any stereotype about African-Americans eating cats, dogs, or any pet animal. People say that about Asians, and while that does go on in some Eastern countries,it isn't all the countries, nor is it all the people in the ones that do. I don't think any Asians that live in the West do that. I have met a fair number of black ppl who were afraid of cats. I think it is because some of their ancestors were from the south and it's due to old superstitions. The whole black cats being bad luck thing originated in the south. I have known white ppl afraid of cats too, and black people who adore cats. Most people who dislike cats, no matter what their race, I have found, either have a fear of cats or have never gotten to know a cat, and are basing their views on stereotypes, just like you are.
Crazy White Cat Lady

Temecula, CA

#55 Nov 6, 2013
Lee Roy Washington wrote:
I only like fat white female cats. Ya know, the young good-looking ones with bigg buttz.
Bwaaaahaaahaaaa....you're a sick mf-er, my friend! LOVE IT...:P
Robert Wayne

Lake Charles, LA

#60 Sep 8, 2014
I've never known a black to like cats. They usually either fear or hate them. And I live in a part of the country with a black population that must be comparable to Africa's. And if a person, especially a white person asks them why they hate cats, they usually just mutter something like "dey beez evil" or some other stupid comment. I don't know why blacks are so ignorant and stupid about animals, cats in particular, but they are whether politically correct liberals want to admit it or not.
Robert Wayne

Lake Charles, LA

#61 Sep 8, 2014
Lalala wrote:
"black people" don't hate cats. ignorant, mean people hate cats. ignorant, mean people hate any animal. ignorant, mean people hate blacks. ignorant, mean people hate people who are poor and require government assistance, etc. Personally, I have never heard any stereotype about African-Americans eating cats, dogs, or any pet animal. People say that about Asians, and while that does go on in some Eastern countries,it isn't all the countries, nor is it all the people in the ones that do. I don't think any Asians that live in the West do that. I have met a fair number of black ppl who were afraid of cats. I think it is because some of their ancestors were from the south and it's due to old superstitions. The whole black cats being bad luck thing originated in the south. I have known white ppl afraid of cats too, and black people who adore cats. Most people who dislike cats, no matter what their race, I have found, either have a fear of cats or have never gotten to know a cat, and are basing their views on stereotypes, just like you are.
That thing about black cats did not originate in Dixie. Puritan Yankees in New England are the first ones I've heard of who hated and feared black cats. They somehow associated black cats with that witchcraft thing they were so into. And yes, blacks do hate and fear cats. Every jig monkey I've come across in Louisiana hates cats.
ruu

Dublin, Ireland

#62 Mar 13, 2015
Rubbish.. I'm black I love cats but everyone else I know hates them.. it's because in Africa for example idk about other black people, we're taught that cats are evil and they do witches' work because they usually go out at night. Other people just don't like them cause they purr, they find it irritating and others because cats are very rude creatures
Cajun

Paterson, NJ

#65 May 30, 2015
We don't like Cats except for eatin. Just like Catfish.
Cajun

Brooklyn, NY

#66 May 30, 2015
ruu wrote:
Rubbish.. I'm black I love cats but everyone else I know hates them.. it's because in Africa for example idk about other black people, we're taught that cats are evil and they do witches' work because they usually go out at night. Other people just don't like them cause they purr, they find it irritating and others because cats are very rude creatures
Well if u got ate by LIONS and TIGERS you wouldn't like No
cats!!! Same with India. Bengal Tigers smell curry and attack
ObviousIssues

Hampton, VA

#67 Jun 5, 2015
Robert Wayne wrote:
It's true. Most blacks I've come upon hate cats. They're not too fond of other animals either. But I've only known one black who didn't hate cats and I live in Louisiana. There are more blacks here than in Africa. Personally, I like cats. I think they're cute little animals and I enjoy watching them play.
I don;t know where you live, but most black people I know love cats...myself included. But I will say that I am more partial to dogs because they are friendlier and much more affectionate than cats.
David

Durban, South Africa

#68 Jul 5, 2015
Hi my name is Molly I'm from south. Africa my maid is so wicked There is a stray black cat near my home she hits it with stones and pegs she mumbles strange things what's wrong with. Her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 197,022
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 54,578
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 7 hr Just Think 60,851
News Paulson defends his response to economic crisis (Jul '09) 20 hr swedenforever 3
News Finding a decent bottle of wine for $15 Tue wine4all4wine 1
News Cigarette tax: California voters overwhelmingly... Tue informer 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue Pastor Pete 201,864
More from around the web