Lethal injections may leave inmates c...

Lethal injections may leave inmates conscious until death: study

There are 29 comments on the Earth Times story from May 1, 2007, titled Lethal injections may leave inmates conscious until death: study. In it, Earth Times reports that:

“Execution by lethal injection ... has the same relationship to medicine that an executioner's axe has to surgery.”

San Francisco - The cocktail of lethal injections used to administer the death penalty in California and North Carolina may leave inmates conscious but unable to move as they are killed by painful "chemical ... via Earth Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Earth Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sarah

Jacksonville, NC

#1 May 2, 2007
HOw cruel to make someone condemned to die,( probably for killing an innocent person) feel pain at his or her death. I wonder if the person they killed felt pain? iom pretty sure they didnt give their victims a cocktail to make sure they didnt feel pain. Maybe one of the 27 stab wounds caused pain, maybe the bullet in the chest caused pain before death. Maybe being beaten until dead was painful. But please do not let the murderers or other offenders suffer any pain, how inhumane.
john butler

United States

#2 May 2, 2007
Why would any person care? I would hope that guilty person would be executed by the same means that they killed their victim, no matter what.'nuff said.
sparticus

Salinas, CA

#3 May 3, 2007
we put rabid animals down .What's the problem with cleaning out the jean pool. The people are monsters .
Take them apart and study them then what ever is left kill it
Merton

Bremerton, WA

#4 May 3, 2007
Unreal! We should do away with the death penalty.
Along the same lines, no one cares what kind of pain an unborn baby feels when it is ripped from the mother's womb. The most brutal form of abortion, partial-birth abortion, is still being debated by those in favor of it even thought the Supreme Court upheld the ban recently. If you have ever read eye witness accounts of a partial birth abortion you would read how the babies hands are opening and closing and the feet are moving when the abortionist plunges the scissors into the base of its skull.
This country has it's priorities totally mixed up. It cares more about animals and convicts than it does the most vulnerable, the unborn.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#7 May 3, 2007
Sick society..
Yeah you can't get rid of slime..like a molester or a rapist..they get to be free shortly again to do..what they know..

A woman can kill a baby...(which I have been only made aware of, a couple month back, I had no Idea).About partial birth abortion..that is just sick..the fact I didn't know and that it is done..

But we can't use a rodent..to maybe find a cure for something..

It's all too strange...
We The People reno nv

Dallas, TX

#8 May 3, 2007
sparticus wrote:
we put rabid animals down .What's the problem with cleaning out the jean pool. The people are monsters .
Take them apart and study them then what ever is left kill it
That's funny!!!!
We The People reno nv

Dallas, TX

#9 May 3, 2007
john butler wrote:
Why would any person care? I would hope that guilty person would be executed by the same means that they killed their victim, no matter what.'nuff said.
The ancient way.
hotdogs

Huntsville, AL

#10 May 3, 2007
Sarah wrote:
HOw cruel to make someone condemned to die,( probably for killing an innocent person) feel pain at his or her death. I wonder if the person they killed felt pain? iom pretty sure they didnt give their victims a cocktail to make sure they didnt feel pain. Maybe one of the 27 stab wounds caused pain, maybe the bullet in the chest caused pain before death. Maybe being beaten until dead was painful. But please do not let the murderers or other offenders suffer any pain, how inhumane.
now i am going to say some things you might not like so you will just have to deal with it. i think they should shoot them once with the lethal injection, bring them back to life then shoot them again with it the no good bastards. how can you care if they feel pain. i guess you dont think bin laden should feel pain when he is captured ha.i hope are troops beat him from a inch of his life then drag him on the back of a truck with a short rope. now thats pain. all killers should be made to suffer pain for the victim and the family. i believe the family should choose the execution of choice. believe me you would not want me to be incharge.i would put them to death one after another until they were all gone.now thats the way i feel and sorry i am so bitter
hotdogs

Huntsville, AL

#11 May 3, 2007
Merton wrote:
Unreal! We should do away with the death penalty.
Along the same lines, no one cares what kind of pain an unborn baby feels when it is ripped from the mother's womb. The most brutal form of abortion, partial-birth abortion, is still being debated by those in favor of it even thought the Supreme Court upheld the ban recently. If you have ever read eye witness accounts of a partial birth abortion you would read how the babies hands are opening and closing and the feet are moving when the abortionist plunges the scissors into the base of its skull.
This country has it's priorities totally mixed up. It cares more about animals and convicts than it does the most vulnerable, the unborn.
well maybe you shoul adopt all the unwanted babys then you would not feel so bad about abortion. who are you to asy what a women can do with here body.beleve me abortion is good when these young women become pregnant.the baby is to suffer because most young women cant take care of a child the way it is supposed to be and ends up suffering. i blame the parents. they have these pills called birth control. use them and there wont be no need for abortion.
Merton

Bremerton, WA

#12 May 4, 2007
hotdogs wrote:
<quoted text>well maybe you shoul adopt all the unwanted babys then you would not feel so bad about abortion. who are you to asy what a women can do with here body.beleve me abortion is good when these young women become pregnant.the baby is to suffer because most young women cant take care of a child the way it is supposed to be and ends up suffering. i blame the parents. they have these pills called birth control. use them and there wont be no need for abortion.
The baby is unwanted but, the pleasure and self gratification of the sex is OK. The only way to avoid pregnancy is to obstain from sex except within the context of marriage. If you did any investigation you would know that birth control is just another form of abortion. The "Pill" and the "Morning After Pill" are both abortafacients. And when the birth control, including condoms, fail to prevent pregnancy, the next step is the clinical abortion. In many cases the woman would choose to keep her baby but is forced and coerced into having an abortion by her sex partner, relatives, "friends", or employers. Check out http://www.lifeissues.org/ and get educated.
hotdogs

Huntsville, AL

#13 May 4, 2007
Merton wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby is unwanted but, the pleasure and self gratification of the sex is OK. The only way to avoid pregnancy is to obstain from sex except within the context of marriage. If you did any investigation you would know that birth control is just another form of abortion. The "Pill" and the "Morning After Pill" are both abortafacients. And when the birth control, including condoms, fail to prevent pregnancy, the next step is the clinical abortion. In many cases the woman would choose to keep her baby but is forced and coerced into having an abortion by her sex partner, relatives, "friends", or employers. Check out http://www.lifeissues.org/ and get educated.
hey let me tell you something you religeous finatic. you think your not soppose to have sex until you are married. are you a muslum or something. please say know. the pill is perfectly fine. you know what the biggest problem with this world is people who think like you and try to stick religeon down peoples throats. you need to go get a grip and a life. and my friend you need to get yourself educated. dont even go there with me with this shit. your better off leaving this subject be because people are going to really insult you. so good night and please no more ridiculous post. this is 2007 not 2007bc

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

KREUZBERG...

#14 May 4, 2007
Merton wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only is hot dogs right about your religeon thought process..but you think a woman can't speak for herself?

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#15 May 5, 2007
hotdogs wrote:
<quoted text>well maybe you shoul adopt all the unwanted babys then you would not feel so bad about abortion. who are you to asy what a women can do with here body.beleve me abortion is good when these young women become pregnant.the baby is to suffer because most young women cant take care of a child the way it is supposed to be and ends up suffering. i blame the parents. they have these pills called birth control. use them and there wont be no need for abortion.
Hotdogs, you have presented by far the best arguement for abortion; your mother should have had one, but maybe, you are the result of a botched abortion.

You still are a pitiful wretched wreck of a ignorant human being; enough to gag me this fine Saturday morning

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Somewhere in SoCal

#16 May 5, 2007
Outside of RAPE, INCEST, or threatening the Mother's LIFE abortion is wrong.

Abortion's is now used as a form of Birth control.

We are no different than the NAZI'S in the 1940's!
hotdogs

Linthicum Heights, MD

#17 May 5, 2007
MsSparrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hotdogs, you have presented by far the best arguement for abortion; your mother should have had one, but maybe, you are the result of a botched abortion.
You still are a pitiful wretched wreck of a ignorant human being; enough to gag me this fine Saturday morning
if it aint ms kong. you know what we can start this shit again i dont care. it looks like you want to argue again. has your son looted lately.and how is your murderous boyfriend doing. you started this now lets get it on ms big mouth militant.i think you just like reactions loser
hotdogs

Linthicum Heights, MD

#18 May 5, 2007
MsSparrow wrote:
<quoted text>
another thing you need to go get some help with your look on life. you are the typical democratic want to change the world loser. it is people like you who leave a bad taste in peoples mouth. i bet your on welfare with 10 kids running around. birth control would be your best bet.but a person like you would rather have children to get a check each month. what kind a credibility do you think you deserve with a death row boyfriend. do you honestly think people take you seriously...you and that other moran on here need to go find something else to do...
hotdogs

Linthicum Heights, MD

#19 May 5, 2007
Broadway Joe wrote:
Outside of RAPE, INCEST, or threatening the Mother's LIFE abortion is wrong.
Abortion's is now used as a form of Birth control.
We are no different than the NAZI'S in the 1940's!
your a loser to. god i hate liberals. you all should go hold hands with Hilery clinton and jump into a black hole
hotdogs

Linthicum Heights, MD

#20 May 5, 2007
I AM FOR ALL WOMENS RIGHTS. WHO ARE WE TO SAY WHAT WE CAN DO WITH OUR OWN BODYS. THATS THE PROBLEM EVERYBODY IS IN EVERYBODYS F--KING BUISNESS.I SAID MY PEACE. I AM OUT OF HERE.YOU ALL MAKE ME NAUSIOUS
hotdogs

Linthicum Heights, MD

#21 May 5, 2007
Tinka wrote:
Sick society..
Yeah you can't get rid of slime..like a molester or a rapist..they get to be free shortly again to do..what they know..
A woman can kill a baby...(which I have been only made aware of, a couple month back, I had no Idea).About partial birth abortion..that is just sick..the fact I didn't know and that it is done..
But we can't use a rodent..to maybe find a cure for something..
It's all too strange...
YOU CAN THANK THE CHURCH FOR THAT. IT BECAUSE OF ALL THE BIBLE HUGGERS IS WHY WE CANT EXPLORE MORE MEDICAL ISSUES. IF IT WASNT FOR THE HOLY ROLLERS OUR MEDICAL FIELD WOULD BE 100 TIMES MORE ADVANCED. TINKA ITS THE MS SPARROWS AND ALL THE OTHER LIBERAL EXTREMIST ON HERE WHY THE WORLD IS THE WAY IT IS. THANK THEM.

“"Punting is Winning" UCLA”

Somewhere in SoCal

#22 May 5, 2007
Are you a MORON? I am Conserative Republican
I am just illustrating the very few times is is acceptable, wake up and interperet before you start posting your jiberish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News APNewsBreak: Millions of Californians on hook f... 9 hr Concave 8
News CommuniCare reports its at risk of losing feder... 9 hr Concave 2
News Californiaa s anti-Trump `resistancea bills: Wh... 10 hr Geraldo Del La Fuego 7
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 hr nothim 242,601
News First year of community college could soon be f... 18 hr Concave 1
News Walters: It's time for liberal Californians to ... 19 hr Concave 11
News US immigrants sue over Trump's end of deportati... 20 hr Concave 1
More from around the web