California strategist masterminds four anti-gay marriage ballot campaigns this fall

Oct 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: OregonLive.com

California political consultant Frank Schubert prays his daily rosary before Mass at the St.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Oct 11, 2012

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

What really kills me is that his sister is a lesbian and raising 2 kids with her partner.

Schubert is quoted as saying his opposition to marriage equality doesn't mean he sees his sister as a "less valuable person".

Right, just not an EQUAL person deserving the same rights & benefits as any other person......

This is the new tactic for the anti-gays, kinda along the same lines of "love the sinner but hate the sin".

Not buying it. If you oppose equal rights for me, then you oppose ME.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Maybe if Schubert were to meet with an unfortunate "accident".........

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

WeTheSheeple wrote:
What really kills me is that his sister is a lesbian and raising 2 kids with her partner.
Schubert is quoted as saying his opposition to marriage equality doesn't mean he sees his sister as a "less valuable person".
Right, just not an EQUAL person deserving the same rights & benefits as any other person......
This is the new tactic for the anti-gays, kinda along the same lines of "love the sinner but hate the sin".
Not buying it. If you oppose equal rights for me, then you oppose ME.
Schubert apparently feels that it's more important to keep uppity LGBT people in their place than it is to ensure that kids are being raised with the fully legal protections available when parents are married.

But then it's not surprising that since in Schubert's equality equation LGBT people don't count, so kids must not count for much either.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Schubert apparently feels that it's more important to keep uppity LGBT people in their place than it is to ensure that kids are being raised with the fully legal protections available when parents are married.
But then it's not surprising that since in Schubert's equality equation LGBT people don't count, so kids must not count for much either.
I gotta wonder how his sister feels about it? I mean I know how I'd feel if I found out one of my siblings not only would vote against my right to marry, but was LEADING THE CHARGE with lies they KNOW from personal experience aren't so.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the California Forum right now

Search the California Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 174,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min SpaceBlues 45,777
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 28 min Tomeeka 52,192
Obamacare Insurers to Cover Same-Sex Spouses Un... 31 min Fa-Foxy 2
California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 36 min anti-cop 15,912
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Barbi 200,327
California drought: One water cop patrols all o... 10 hr Save Water 2
•••
•••