Utility employees sue So. Cal Edison alleging racial discrimination

A group of 11 current and former black employees of Southern California Edison filed a lawsuit against the utility giant, alleging a pattern of racial discrimination against them. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SCE CSBU CSI Dept

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#41 Aug 24, 2010
Priscilla Ortiz sent an email out that our beloved brother Andy is no longer employed by SCE. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Oh yea, we forgot that HR protects upper management. So much retaliation is going on in this department that we come to work in fear everyday wondering who is next on the chopping block. So much retaliation is going on in this department.
4kate

United States

#43 Sep 6, 2010
ABCD wrote:
IF THERE WAS DISCRIMINATION , WHY ONLY TO BLACKS . THEN THEY SAY SOME BLACKS WERE PROMOTED . YOU CAN HAVE 20 YEARS IN BUT IF SOMEONE WITH 5 YEARS IN IS A BETTER WORKER , LEADER , AND SHOWED MORE DRIVE WHY NOT GIVE IT TO THE ONE WITH 5 IF HE EARNED IT BY WORKING HARDER THAN THE OTHER . SO WHO WAS DISCRIMINATING
TexMex, It is NOT only blacks that are being discriminated against. Women, working in "men's" jobs are also being harassed, abused and discriminated against. I am an Edison "bratt" and have watched the company change sharply over the last 30 years. Edison used to be a secure, family oriented environment. It has now turned into an abusive, nepotistic big business. Nuff said.
Reverse Discrimination

Studio City, CA

#44 Jan 17, 2011
I have tried to get into SCE for many years. Finally, I had the opportunity to get in and was required to take an exam on Material Requirements Planning...I was so happy! I am APICS CERTIFIED CPIM (CERTIFIED IN PRODUCTION & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT) and i have an MBA. When I got called in for the interview, following the interview I asked the hiring manager how people did on the tests, he said they are going to disregard the tests. My heart dropped when he told me this. A week later I was told I was not selected.
Don Vascopucci

AOL

#45 Jan 17, 2011
waldobinney wrote:
My Sicilian-American, lilly white ass, is gonna be pissed if my utility bill increases because some racist black man files a lawsuit of discrimination against So Cal Edison,....and wins millions.....
Foggett about it! We'll make 'em an offer, no one could refuse!
Reverse Discrimination

Studio City, CA

#46 Jan 17, 2011
I have tried to get into SCE for many years. Finally, I had the opportunity to get in and was required to take an exem on Material Requirements Planning...I was so happy! I am APICS CERTIFIED CPIM (CERTIFIED IN PRODUCTION & INVENTORY MANAGEMENT) and i have an MBA. When I got called in for the interview, following the interview I asked the hiring manager how people did on the tests, he said they are going to disregard the tests. My heart dropped when he told me this - I knew I done well on the exam and that I wasn't the right color...It's not my fault I was born white...I was emailed a week later thanking me for applying but I had not gotten the position.
Hiring Practices at SCE

Studio City, CA

#47 Jan 19, 2011
Look, it is important to hire a diversified workforce. We are only trying to follow the law. If we do provide an exam for a position and none of the preferred people pass it, we do have to ignore the exam. It is only fair.

Brendan Sykes
SCE HR Coordinator
SoCal Edison employee

Pasadena, CA

#48 Apr 29, 2013
SCE is now so focussed on minorities that white males, particularly over 40, are being downsized in the latest reorg. If you are a white male you better be political or you are gone even if you are a great worker.

Edison is all about getting the minority numbers up. Minorities know there jobs are safe and are confident but white males are shivering in the cold as they know they could be next to go. Very toxic environment to work in if you are a white male. Only option is to find another job. Too bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Jamie 48,583
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 180,901
Carly Fiorina actively explores 2016 presidenti... 1 hr Gary 13
Altadena woman celebrates 104th birthday (Apr '10) 5 hr Deb K 6
Earthquake early alert system ready to expand i... 10 hr a minute of warning 1
Gay marriage (Mar '13) Tue KiMerde 56,692
FBI Baltimore Field Office CARROLL*TRUST US Eco... Tue Stuart Furness 1

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE