California driver's licenses to get h...

California driver's licenses to get high-tech makeover

There are 17 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Oct 6, 2010, titled California driver's licenses to get high-tech makeover. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

Long a favorite target for fraud by underage drinkers and illegal immigrants, the California driver's license is getting a high-tech face-lift. The card unveiled Wednesday gains a range of advanced security features, from laser-engraved signatures printed in raised lettering to photos that can be seen only under ultraviolet light - all part of an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

the gods must be crazy

Alhambra, CA

#1 Oct 6, 2010
At what cost? Notice they didn't mention that. And I thought we were broke. Some other problems here though. Will businesses have to install ultraviolet lights at each cash register as an example. This is probably moot, but what about upping the penalty of possessing or selling bogus DL's. Heap big fine, but no jail time. We can't afford any more jails. Another great idea from the DMV. But I see a really big DL fee increase on the horizon. Sheesh.
Just Dave

Long Beach, CA

#2 Oct 6, 2010
I pass by the DMV office on Rosemead every day, and see stagnant lines of waiting people that spill out of the building and run halfway around the perimeter. I hope to avoid ever needing to stand in those lines. It's much more pleasant to read the report about all the great things the DMV is doing to serve the state. Too bad the practice is out of step with the theory.
Pancho Riado

Buena Park, CA

#4 Oct 7, 2010
Come to MacArthur park and buy the new licences today. We have an special. Buy one and a Matricula Consular card get green card free.
Anarchy equals liberty

Alhambra, CA

#5 Oct 7, 2010
Hopefully this doesn't sync with the READ-ID Act.
Anarchy equals liberty

Alhambra, CA

#6 Oct 7, 2010
Check your license under a U.V light and you'll see the California flag.
Say What

Mission Viejo, CA

#7 Oct 7, 2010
And how are these going to be distributed? Will everyone automatically get one in the mail or do we wait until we have to renew?

Either way, sounds like a lot of trouble and expense.
John Kenney

Thailand

#8 Jul 6, 2013
Just email me at pobama25@yahoo. com and i will get You a Legit U.S DL, U.S Birth Certificate and U.S Passport.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Heinsten Leist

Germany

#9 Aug 5, 2013
@John Kenney, Thank You so much my friend. You change my life really. i received your parcel you sent me, my german passport was very Good. danker

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Raja Ravinda

Tuggerah, Australia

#11 Aug 15, 2013
I Got my New Australia Biometric Passport from pobama25
Dari

London, UK

#12 Sep 1, 2013
i just got my UK National ID and DL from John Kenney
Christine

Manchester, UK

#13 Sep 5, 2013
I Just got my UK Birth Certificate, ID Card, DL and Passport from john kenney Delivered to my address in Manchester..
Huh

Covina, CA

#14 Sep 5, 2013
Here's your answer
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/illegal-immigr...
the gods must be crazy wrote:
At what cost? Notice they didn't mention that. And I thought we were broke. Some other problems here though. Will businesses have to install ultraviolet lights at each cash register as an example. This is probably moot, but what about upping the penalty of possessing or selling bogus DL's. Heap big fine, but no jail time. We can't afford any more jails. Another great idea from the DMV. But I see a really big DL fee increase on the horizon. Sheesh.
Qui France

Paris, France

#17 Sep 25, 2013
I Ordered a french passport from John Kenney and it took 3days for him to do it and 3days for him to ship it down to me. I'm so Happy and it only cost me 3500 euros. Merci John Kenney
John Kenney

Bang Lamung, Thailand

#19 Oct 9, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFndRpNWpadGu...

Email me at pobama25 @ yahoo. com and I will help You get a UK Passport and New South Wales Driver's License.
John Kenney

Bang Lamung, Thailand

#20 Oct 9, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFndRpNWpadGu...

Email me at pobama25 @ yahoo. com and I will help You get a UK Passport and New South Wales Driver's License
Sudan

Uganda

#22 Nov 2, 2013
Yesterday i received my Sudan Biometric Passport from pobama25@yahoo. com shoukra du ALLAH
Shlomo Szmajzner

Warsaw, Poland

#23 Nov 19, 2013
Thanks to pobama25@yahoo. com He did my Polish Biometric Passport and sent It to me Today In Warsaw.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques Ottawa 194,566
just bored 1 hr gorgeousSophia 1
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Gaybriel 60,804
News Rock Royalty Ava Sambora's Guide to the Best Su... 5 hr cathmandiiii 5
News How battery-powered homes are unplugging Australia 13 hr Solarman 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,318
News California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 21 hr Brigham Young 5,133
More from around the web