Supreme Court urged to support gay ma...

Supreme Court urged to support gay marriage limits

There are 287 comments on the WTAX-AM Springfield story from Jan 22, 2013, titled Supreme Court urged to support gay marriage limits. In it, WTAX-AM Springfield reports that:

The Supreme Court was urged on Tuesday to uphold the constitutionality of two laws that define marriage as the union of a man and a woman, as it prepares to hear arguments in the historic same-sex marriage cases two months from now.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTAX-AM Springfield.

Since: Jan 08

Orlando, FL

#177 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
So we have the right to kill living human beings that have just started to think and breathe and haven't even had any life in the world yet and saw it? You sick little oaf!
Dumb! Dumb!! Dumb!!!
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#178 Jan 28, 2013
Dubya wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumb! Dumb!! Dumb!!!
Can't stand your ground?

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#179 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't properly marry someone of the same sex. Every person has the right to marry yes, right to marry the opposite sex.
The legal marriages of gay couples are not treated equally to the legal marriages of straight couples from the same jurisdiction. This is discrimination under the law.

Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. You provide no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#180 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays can't love.
Irrational, unsupportable, dehumanizing, demeaning, and simply not true.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#181 Jan 28, 2013
Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal marriages of gay couples are not treated equally to the legal marriages of straight couples from the same jurisdiction. This is discrimination under the law.
Marriage is a fundamental right of the individual. You provide no legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of equal treatment under the law as required by the constitution.
Homosexuality is unnatural.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#182 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is unnatural.
'homosexual' is sex orientation
.
Do you have a sex orientation?
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#183 Jan 28, 2013
Actually it is not. Sexual attraction is based on the brains reaction on how well it deems the the persons body it is viewing to produce good offspring through procreation. Can gays do this naturally? No, so therefore gays are biological errors.

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#184 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Gays are evil.
How so? How has any gay person been "evil" to you? How do you define "evil"? I don't think you're using it right.

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#186 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Actually it is not. Sexual attraction is based on the brains reaction on how well it deems the the persons body it is viewing to produce good offspring through procreation. Can gays do this naturally? No, so therefore gays are biological errors.
Biological errors, or "evil"? We can't be BOTH.

Perhaps we ARE "biological errors". But so are MANY people who live on this planet, and we all make every effort to make their lives EASIER, not harder. We restructure architecture so they can maneuver doors and stairs. We give them special parking. We certainly don't categorize those people as "evil", or marginalize them out of society, or deny them their most basic rights. They aren't made into VILLAINS, just for trying to live their lives with the same pursuit of happiness that everyone else enjoys.

This kind of insistence into making gay people into scapegoats is what is "evil". Turning people against their family members or friends is what's "evil". Judging people on such a shallow characteristic like which gender they're attracted to is what's "evil".

If you want to avoid "evil" in this world, then you should be looking for common ground with those around you. You should be building bridges to foster more peaceful and cooperative efforts. You aren't doing any good in this world by calling people names when you've never even met them.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#187 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is unnatural.
Irrational, unsupportable, dehumanizing, demeaning, and simply not true.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#188 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Actually it is not. Sexual attraction is based on the brains reaction on how well it deems the the persons body it is viewing to produce good offspring through procreation. Can gays do this naturally? No, so therefore gays are biological errors.
While not true, we do not deny fundamental rights based on biological errors.

You still provide no rational, reasonable, scientifically supportable, or legitimate governmental excuse for legal discrimination.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#189 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't properly marry someone of the same sex. Every person has the right to marry yes, right to marry the opposite sex.
"Right" ?

A "Right" is an innate freedom guaranteed by the Government, so in that sense you are partly correct. But soon, in a few years, you will be entirely incorrect.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#190 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is unnatural.
Define "unnatural", please.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#191 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Cling onto your gay husband for sex when he tries to leave and been with you for too long? Want him to stay? Poor thing!
We're rolling up to 20 years, Cletus. How long before your old dad had enough of your old mom's stink hole and moved onto something more decent, something that didn't have the disaster of shoving your big fat head through it, thus ruining it?

I've seen trash bags with more closing power, unless she has one of those nifty pull strings attached.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#192 Jan 28, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is unnatural.
If you want unnatural, look to a brat clawing and chewing its way out of its mother's lady hole, but they let you stay around.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#193 Jan 29, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Biological errors, or "evil"? We can't be BOTH.
Perhaps we ARE "biological errors". But so are MANY people who live on this planet, and we all make every effort to make their lives EASIER, not harder. We restructure architecture so they can maneuver doors and stairs. We give them special parking. We certainly don't categorize those people as "evil", or marginalize them out of society, or deny them their most basic rights. They aren't made into VILLAINS, just for trying to live their lives with the same pursuit of happiness that everyone else enjoys.
This kind of insistence into making gay people into scapegoats is what is "evil". Turning people against their family members or friends is what's "evil". Judging people on such a shallow characteristic like which gender they're attracted to is what's "evil".
If you want to avoid "evil" in this world, then you should be looking for common ground with those around you. You should be building bridges to foster more peaceful and cooperative efforts. You aren't doing any good in this world by calling people names when you've never even met them.
Gays have made themselves biological errors. They created their own disorders. The bible condemns homosexuals, as well as homosexuals being evil because they are destroying the american family, the natural sex drive, the abilty to love, and are raping children and homosexualing them against their will and natural sexuality and sexual health.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#194 Jan 29, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
"Right" ?
A "Right" is an innate freedom guaranteed by the Government, so in that sense you are partly correct. But soon, in a few years, you will be entirely incorrect.
God created rights. Rights are moral, the goverment only gives people the ability to rights, but he also allows evil. The goverment may say he gives the rights, but only God does. The goverment simply allows people to do good, or evil, and access their God given rights.
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#195 Jan 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>We're rolling up to 20 years, Cletus. How long before your old dad had enough of your old mom's stink hole and moved onto something more decent, something that didn't have the disaster of shoving your big fat head through it, thus ruining it?
I've seen trash bags with more closing power, unless she has one of those nifty pull strings attached.
20 years then lil man? 20 years? Did you for 20 years want to use him as a sex device? A tool to feel loved? We understand!
Largelanguage

Halkyn, UK

#196 Jan 29, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>We're rolling up to 20 years, Cletus. How long before your old dad had enough of your old mom's stink hole and moved onto something more decent, something that didn't have the disaster of shoving your big fat head through it, thus ruining it?
I've seen trash bags with more closing power, unless she has one of those nifty pull strings attached.
Got angry and now trying to defend on of your friends! Like him too much? Oh you must be really jelious and angry whenever I go and beat him up and tear the shit out of his sorry little hide.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#197 Jan 29, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
God created rights. Rights are moral, the goverment only gives people the ability to rights, but he also allows evil. The goverment may say he gives the rights, but only God does. The goverment simply allows people to do good, or evil, and access their God given rights.
"by their creator" does not mean a "god".

"Freedom" is innate by virtue of existence. "Rights" are Freedoms that are guaranteed (protected) in Law by Government.

Care to take a swing at a definition of "Liberty" ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,110
News Sessions targets more sanctuary cities 4 hr freebird 9
News Trump is accused of tweeting about the WRONG ma... 8 hr Get a Grip 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 hr loose cannon 242,994
Guild Mortgage 16 hr special needs child 1
Corcoran State Prison talk to me (May '10) Fri topper 3
News Ad blitz in California brings tax plan fight home Thu SirPrize 14
More from around the web