A Times-Standard Editorial: Jefferson? No thanks!

Jan 7, 2014 Read more: Redwood Times
With his plans for an initiative to break California up into six states - Jefferson; Northern, Central, Southern and West Californias; and Silicon Valley - investor Tim Draper recently made headlines. Read more
Looking for freedom

Shingletown, CA

#1 Jan 7, 2014
actually your wrong the biggest problem with the numbers is the way the government accounts for everything, the fact is California has become a bureaucratic empire that is more concerned with driving government dependency & what ever is beneficial to them those dependent and those within the bureaucratic agencies then actually allowing people to work,
the fact is the state of Jefferson economy would be roughly 15% larger then new Mexico 2, California has the highest taxes the highest paid largest bureaucratic institutions in the country next to the feds if giving the government more money was the answer the state wouldn't be the ----- hole it is turning into,,, for example Shasta county social services represents about 91 million, 61 million of the that is just administrative cost .., given the 14000 different over lapping government agencies simply put even if the status quo was to be maintain the only thing necessary would to trim that fat of this gluttonous government
3. you might be cool with an openly corrupt totalitarian government but we in the jefferson state have had enough of being victimized and rob by a system of government that has become so corrupt and oppressive they are desperate to smother the economy in the name of this and that but when it comes down to it , its really about those within the system gaining power and money as the people are driven further into poverty ...

people have had enough..

as for answering some of your questions.

as for maps and stuff, do you need to the government to provide you a map are you so intellectually neutering you need some one to show you a map point i am making is the county lines are going to change, the changes would come over a transition period pay by the taxes already being collect ,
lastly either you believe in the principles that built this country or you dont we up here do http://youtu.be/M-ORFLD7R8I

since 1994 we in the state of Jefferson have been strangled with bull---- regulation and fees to the point we only have 24% of the economy we had in 1994 what has changed? the people no, the government has done nothing but push more and more and more regulations

i think this link sums it up
http://24hourpatriots.com/profiles/blogs/over...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Email: Affleck asked PBS to not reveal slave-ow... 7 min No More Preaching 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 22 min Guru 186,991
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 59 min Scientist 52,722
News A look at California's drought 23 hr the Fear tator 4
News The Great California Train Shortage Sun OccupyThis 3
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) Sun Nine Ball 59,250
News A look at why Greece is again in danger of default Apr 18 401K BC 2
More from around the web