Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60658 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49168 Jul 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You are confused to such an extent that you are the perpetrator of your favorite crime: "wanting this misery to be real."
History already reveals at least six previous planetary extinctions and the next one is man-made. Read a little science if you can.
The only man made extinction event possible is a nuke attack.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49169 Jul 30, 2014
Nobody can fool our humanity. We know the truth.

Those who love CO2 love wars and extinctions.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49170 Jul 30, 2014
Spokesman Chris Gunness told the BBC that Israel had been told 17 times that the school was housing displaced people, saying the attack caused "universal shame".

Mr Ban later said: "I condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms. It is outrageous. It is unjustifiable, and it demands accountability and justice.

"Nothing is more shameful than attacking sleeping children."

More than 3,000 civilians had sought shelter at the school.

Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson said: "This is a moment where you really have to say:'Enough is enough.'"

The US and UN have condemned the shelling of a school housing displaced civilians in Gaza.[bbc]
litesong

Everett, WA

#49171 Jul 30, 2014
[QUOTE who="lyin' brian"]This instance marks the third time since the beginning of Operation Protective Edge that a weapons arsenal has been found at an UNRWA school in Gaza......building materials had been found in Hamas’s tunnel infrastructure, which has been used to smuggle weapons and carry out attacks on the State of Israel....
[/QUOTE]

Palestinian & Israeli terrorists & soldiers have always mixed weapons, children, refugees, schools, hospitals, & dead & maimed relatives to show they hate each other, & to justify warfare & terror attacks against each other. Noam Chomsky told of the Israeli savagery of purposefully dropped cluster bombs within Palestinian refugee camps & other savageries, dating back decades. I remember Canadian doctors testifying before Congressional committees of such, & events of more recent vintage. Why doctors? Because no other people were ever allowed in the camps.

Yes, terrorists & soldiers can always find justification for continued death-dealing against children, civilians, the wounded & refugees. & continue, they do.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49172 Jul 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Those who support GW also support gun control,abortion(killing)wind turbines(killing)chevy volts(junk)solyndra(crony capatilism)Obozoscam(joke)IRS targeting of conservatives.
Nobody can fool our humanity and we know the truth.
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49173 Jul 30, 2014
Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
-
The Washington Times
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Absolutely

DENVER — The Climate Reality Project brought its “I’m Too Hot” trucks and offers of free ice cream to this week’s Environmental Protection Agency hearings on power-plant emissions, but the climate wasn’t cooperating.

The plan was to tout the EPA’s emissions proposal as a solution for hot weather brought on by global warming, but when the hearings began at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Denver, the temperature was a chilly 58 degrees. Plus, it was raining.

The other cities hosting the hearings Wednesday were also hit by cooler-than-usual temperatures. The high in Atlanta was forecast at 82 degrees, while it was a pleasant 70 degrees in Washington, D.C., when the hearings began at 9 a.m.

The Climate Reality Project, founded by former Vice President Al Gore, launched its “I’m Too Hot” campaign last week as “a rallying point for action in the face of rising temperatures driven by climate disruption,” according to the press release.

“These EPA hearings are a crucial opportunity for people to let the EPA know they support the agency’s efforts to reduce harmful carbon pollution, and we’ll be there to make sure our supporters don’t get too hot,” said project president and CEO Ken Berlin in a statement.

Hey DIPSHITS someone's making fools out of you(AL GORE) how embarrassing kind of like the so-called researchers getting stuck in ice and needed rescued from of all things ICE that we were told was non-existent.
YOU'VE been scamed clowns. LMAO
Louis Slungpoo

Chatsworth, CA

#49175 Jul 30, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
You are probably pro illegal immigration, right?
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#49176 Jul 31, 2014
Just read another article from Global Warming Incorporated about another piece of ice melting in the Arctic. Perhaps big Al Gore can load his private jet up with about 50,000 pounds of Jet A and do a fly over; maybe drop some ice cream bars on the over heating Eskimos. Of course he'll never make it on one tank, so he can put down in Jackson Hole and have a few drinks with the rest of the crowd.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#49177 Jul 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't you post the same nonsense before the last election?
Yes, you did. Your fake care for others is revolting as always.

Yes, I did. I have lived through these moron electorate cycles before. A conservative administration gets elected, and he gets lucky with the voters, he gets a majority that supports his party line ambitions. Then he sets about undoing all the things that were
done in the name of the democrat party's ambitions by the previous administration. At first,
the people are happy because they have had a belly full of dem,s perpetual tax raises and their incessant desire to save the world at ANY cost, including the loss of jobs that yield a paycheck that enables the people to pay their mortgages. Further, they come to hate the nature of liberals who spend their life with their nose up everybody's back side.( We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files). Then the 1st midterm comes along and the voter revolt comes to fruition in the form of electing an opposition congress. The voters have thrown a monkey wrench into potus gearbox. But by the time the re-election (election) comes along the potus of the moment has amassed enough power through appointment's
and so forth, so he gets re-elected via voter fraud and payoffs just by less than 1%. Then the 2nd midterm.(coming up in November ). So now the electorate finally realizes that the guy they elected then re-elected truly is a power mad moron just like all that came before him. So they elect an opposition senate.) Now they have thrown sand into the engine crankcase. Everybody continues to suffer until the next election and they elect an opposition president. The new pres. undoes all that the moron b4 him did. And the cycle repeats , because the memory of the voters is no longer than your tiny little d***. This election has the added bonus feature of the upcoming collapse of the dollar and all of the world class failures of the present administration. RE: the collapse of the economy will b facilitated by the rampant, insane spending we have witnessed over the last 6 yrs, You can NOT borrow 1 1/2 TRILLION dollars per year into perpetuity. Just because you have a printing press does NOT mean you can just print money. Ever hear of the Weimar republic? look it up. Math never lies. Just politicians lawyers and morons. So now you have something new to think about.
I know, it's not in your book of tricks to think, but if you do it right there will be no pain in your brain. Remember those scary words. " I'm from the government and I'm here to help you".
If that doesn't scare you then you should enlist in the Marine corp infantry.
DDDD-25

Corona, CA

#49178 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Palestinian & Israeli terrorists & soldiers have always mixed weapons, children, refugees, schools, hospitals, & dead & maimed relatives to show they hate each other, & to justify warfare & terror attacks against each other. Noam Chomsky told of the Israeli savagery of purposefully dropped cluster bombs within Palestinian refugee camps & other savageries, dating back decades. I remember Canadian doctors testifying before Congressional committees of such, & events of more recent vintage. Why doctors? Because no other people were ever allowed in the camps.
Yes, terrorists & soldiers can always find justification for continued death-dealing against children, civilians, the wounded & refugees. & continue, they do.
Hell dude, all that violence on both sides makes me happy,. The more they kill each other, the better. It's like my dad said. " Let them kill each other until there's a winner." " Then we just kill the winners". LOL! The morons of the middle east are not humans. They are infested with religion. Insects. The world would be a far better place without them. I hope they get a good Ebola catastrophy going over there. Now that's entertainment.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#49179 Jul 31, 2014
truth-facts wrote:
As the death toll of Operation Protective Edge rises, the deaths of children are firmly in the spotlight—and rightly so. It pains all reasonable people to hear of children dying as the consequence of war. Hamas and its supporters display gruesome pictures of dead and wounded children in order to gain sympathy for their portrait of Israel as the villain intent on killing Palestinians. In response, Israel cites the need to stop Hamas from firing thousands of rockets at its own children, who are being forced to live in bomb shelters, as well as the need to eliminate the tunnels that Hamas dug into Israel in order to carry out terror attacks against Israelis. One tunnel opening was found underneath an Israeli kindergarten.
But who built those tunnels? The answer is Hamas, of course—using some of the same children who are now trapped under fire in Gaza.
The Institute for Palestine Studies published a detailed report on Gaza’s Tunnel Phenomenon in the summer of 2012. It reported that tunnel construction in Gaza has resulted in a large number of child deaths.
“At least 160 children have been killed in the tunnels, according to Hamas officials”
.The author, Nicolas Pelham, explains that Hamas uses child laborers to build their terror tunnels because,“much as in Victorian coal mines, they are prized for their nimble bodies”.
Where's the outrage about all of this?
The left is only interested in the killing of Muslims when Jews are involved. That's why they ignore the slaughter in Syria and Iraq.
litesong

Everett, WA

#49180 Jul 31, 2014
false farts wrote:
Those who support GW also support gun control,abortion(killing)..... ..
That isn't true. "false farts" is correctly named.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49181 Jul 31, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
Spokesman Chris Gunness told the BBC that Israel had been told 17 times that the school was housing displaced people, saying the attack caused "universal shame". Mr Ban later said: "I condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms. It is outrageous. It is unjustifiable, and it demands accountability and justice. "Nothing is more shameful than attacking sleeping children." More than 3,000 civilians had sought shelter at the school. Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson said: "This is a moment where you really have to say:'Enough is enough.'" The US and UN have condemned the shelling of a school housing displaced civilians in Gaza.[bbc]
^^^This explains it, the UN didn't tell Hamas not to store rockets in their schools.

Militarizing schools, hospitals and mosques are war crimes, just as the perp is responsible for the deaths of innocents during a robbery, the terrorists are responsible for the deaths of those children, not Israel.
Grey Ghost

Miami, FL

#49182 Jul 31, 2014
What's the latest in the Glow Bull Warming scam libs?

Al Gore go underground?
litesong

Everett, WA

#49183 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
//////////
"dumb dumb de dumb-two bit brain" puffed:
..... all that violence on both sides makes me happy,. The more they kill each other, the better....... my dad said. " Let them kill each other until there's a winner." " Then we just kill the winners"........ the middle east are not humans....... Insects....... I hope they get a good Ebola catastrophy going over there. Now that's entertainment.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Those cheering on the terrorists & soldiers, from the other side of the world are more insect-like......pardon to the insects.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49184 Jul 31, 2014
Louis Slungpoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably pro illegal immigration, right?
Why? Why have borders?

Are you talking about kids?

FYI: A psychiatrist says the Australian government sought to cover up the extent of mental health problems among children held in asylum detention.

The comments came at a national human rights inquiry into the treatment of children in immigration detention.

His claim came a day after church leaders accused Australia of holding children in "inhumane" conditions.

The government rejected that as "offensive". It says it is working to reduce the number of child detainees.

Dr Peter Young worked for International Health and Mental Services, a provider of health services at detention centres contracted by the government.

He told the Australian Human Rights Commission inquiry that he had collected figures showing "significant" mental health problems among child detainees, according to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

P.S. The tip of the iceberg.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49185 Jul 31, 2014
Global warming is real and its all my fault. I absolve you of blame, I did it. I'm not going to stop.

If you reduce your greenhouse gas emissions I'll increase mine. Nobody measures carbon dioxide emissions, I've been emitting CO2 since I was born. The more carbon I emit the more fun I have.

I love emitting greenhouse gas more than you want to conserve, tax and drive up the cost of fossil fuel. No matter how expensive gas costs, I'll buy premium because alcohol is for drinking and cars are for driving; they don't mix well.

Play it safe and you'll be emitting carbon dioxide a long, long time.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Home, sweet home.

#49186 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
[]Palestinian & Israeli terrorists & soldiers have always mixed weapons, children, refugees, schools, hospitals, & dead & maimed relatives to show they hate each other, & to justify warfare & terror attacks against each other.
Israel offered land for peace but when Hamas took Gaza Israel got war. Hamas' charter incorporates genocide of the Jews and the destruction of Israel.

I've been to Israel, Muslims are treated with respect like everyone else. Palestinian territories are under control of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza.

litesong wrote:
Noam Chomsky told of the Israeli savagery of purposefully dropped cluster bombs within Palestinian refugee camps & other savageries, dating back decades.
Noam Chomsky is an Israel hater, who has spent a large part of his professional life trying to destroy Israel. Cite, if you have any interest in discussing facts.

litesong wrote:
I remember Canadian doctors testifying before Congressional committees of such, & events of more recent vintage. Why doctors? Because no other people were ever allowed in the camps.
Those camps are run by the UN, the rest of Palestine is under Palestinian Authority. They are responsible for the weapons fired from their territory.

I'd like to commend Egypt and Jordan for doing heroic work suppressing terrorism from Palestine, good fences make good neighbors.

litesong wrote:
//////////
Hamas teaches children to hate Jews, nothing like that happens in Israel. I've been to Israel, the people there love peace, just like here. Israel has a democratically elected representative government, Muslims and Christians serving in all branches of government freer than anywhere else in the Middle East.

Don't close yourself in a bubble of hate, go out and see the world, read an Israeli paper and look for the hate, then visit a Palestinian site. Don't be confused by left wing, anti-Israel media and university hacks, go see for yourself.

I recommend Eilat on the Red Sea coast.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#49187 Jul 31, 2014
Israel occupied Gaza in the 1967 Middle East war and pulled out its troops and settlers in 2005. But it still exercises control over most of Gaza's borders, waters and airspace.

It has imposed tight restrictions on the movement of goods and people, which it says is vital for its own security, but Palestinians say they feel confined and the restrictions are intolerable.

P.S. Countries join in calling Israel a terrorist state. Karma works!
truth-facts

Chillicothe, OH

#49188 Jul 31, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true. "false farts" is correctly named.
You say something Ms. pink panties?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Dr Guru 219,440
News Is Vallejo a good place to buy a first home? It... 22 min Anon 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News The Latest: California fire drives people from ... 13 hr TheDNC is crappy 1
News California Scraps John Wayne Day Due To His Rac... 15 hr Mark 30
News Body found as thousands flee California wildfires 19 hr mehdi mountather 1
H Clinton Demands USA Take 65,000 Muslim Refugees Sun Just Sayin 3
More from around the web