Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
42,341 - 42,360 of 46,239 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
• EXTINCT: Golden toad (Bufo periglenes). Along with the Monteverde harlequin frog (Atelopus varius), also of Central America, the golden toad is among the very small number of species whose recent extinction has been attributed with medium confidence to climate change, according to Scholes and Pörtner. Last seen in 1989, the golden frog lived in mountaintop cloud forests that have disappeared due to drought and other climatic changes. Other confounding factors are involved, such as the deadly chytrid fungus, which has killed off many amphibians worldwide.(See: "Photos: Ten Most Wanted 'Extinct' Amphibians.")
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/...
^^^This proves the pseudoscience, animals have been hunted to extinction before, that's not AGW. These Golden toads are rare because their coloration makes them valuable. If you can't find them in Central America, try eBay. They were hunted to extinction by man, not killed by catastrophic man made climate change.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
While warmists routinely cite "funding sources" as a favorite debunking tool against skeptics, when you're faced with the same argument it becomes a non-issue?
It's so much fun to turn warmists own standards back on them.
Well lets take Fred Singer, a favourite with "true lies" who gets his pay checks from the Heartland institute sponsored by the Koch bros & Exxon. This guy might have degrees but he sold his soul for money, I mean he even worked for Phillip Morris in the early 90's trying to debunk the dangers of tobacco smoke. So sure we would all take notice of what he says as being the "scientific truth"

As it stands there is not ONE thing, not ONE post that is other than a personal opinion. There is no science with your lot, just parroting BS from right wing media. How you feel no shame is beyond me, it's like trying to convince us black is white.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/20/us-...

U.S. billionaire to pour $100 million into climate change fight
BY VALERIE VOLCOVICI
WASHINGTON Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10pm EST

Billionaire Tom Steyer on Wednesday night hosted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and six other Democratic lawmakers for a fundraiser at his San Francisco home and is planning an ad campaign for candidates who support tough action on climate change.

Steyer, founder of the hedge fund Farallon Capital, plans to spend $50 million of his own money and raise another $50 million from other donors for the November midterm elections.

His aim is to serve as a political counterweight to the conservative billionaire Koch brothers, who have already spent $30 million so far this year on attack ads targeting vulnerable Democratic senators who have supported the healthcare reform law popularly known as Obamacare.

Steyer hosted Reid and some of Congress' most active climate change advocates: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, Ben Cardin of Maryland, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Tom Udall of New Mexico, and Representative Gary Peters of Michigan, according to a source who attended the dinner and who spoke on condition of anonymity....
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets take Fred Singer, a favourite with "true lies" who gets his pay checks from the Heartland institute sponsored by the Koch bros & Exxon..
LOL

That argument has been debunked!

Pay attention.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2014/02/20/us-usa-campaign-cl imatechange-idUSBREA1J1IZ20140 220
U.S. billionaire to pour $100 million into climate change fight
BY VALERIE VOLCOVICI
WASHINGTON Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:10pm EST
Billionaire Tom Steyer on Wednesday night hosted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada and six other Democratic lawmakers for a fundraiser at his San Francisco home and is planning an ad campaign for candidates who support tough action on climate change.
Steyer, founder of the hedge fund Farallon Capital, plans to spend $50 million of his own money and raise another $50 million from other donors for the November midterm elections.
His aim is to serve as a political counterweight to the conservative billionaire Koch brothers, who have already spent $30 million so far this year on attack ads targeting vulnerable Democratic senators who have supported the healthcare reform law popularly known as Obamacare.
Steyer hosted Reid and some of Congress' most active climate change advocates: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island, Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire, Ben Cardin of Maryland, Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Tom Udall of New Mexico, and Representative Gary Peters of Michigan, according to a source who attended the dinner and who spoke on condition of anonymity....
Just recently the US Senate held an all nigher global warming snore-athon. Even though the Senalte holds a majority of Democrats and can pass whatever legislation it wants, the snooze-fest didn't recommend any legislation but got a lot of air time foisting global warming crisis scare-them-all scenarios.

You don't suppose they wanted some of that cash, do your?
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll- ignored.
No longer will the vapid "oil company funded" science argument be valid.

This is the first big step in what's been a long, and tedious process of getting warmists to act like adults. I'm curios to see how the other warmists respond.... will they grow out of their puerile "evil fossil fuel" company knee-jerk reactionary whining, or will they accept your adult argument?

I believe I've achieved a milestone here, so I'm just going to enjoy it for a bit.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
No longer will the vapid "oil company funded" science argument be valid.
This is the first big step in what's been a long, and tedious process of getting warmists to act like adults. I'm curios to see how the other warmists respond.... will they grow out of their puerile "evil fossil fuel" company knee-jerk reactionary whining, or will they accept your adult argument?
I believe I've achieved a milestone here, so I'm just going to enjoy it for a bit.
Then if this is valid, we can ignore all that BS about grant chasers and warmers who fly in jet planes and own yachts. When 95% of the world's opinion is against you in terms of science do you honestly expect the 5% to dominate opinion. Then we could include college educated as 99% against you. The 1%'ers would only account for the likes of Beck & Hannity who are reformed alcoholics, claiming to have found God who guides them on the righteous path much like the crusaders and Islamic extremists.Yet totally ignore something they can see and feel everyday to place their faith in the unseen & unproven. There is nothing Adult about that, its mythical science more suited for bedtime stories or cave walls.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if this is valid, we can ignore all that BS about grant chasers and warmers who fly in jet planes and own yachts. When 95% of the world's opinion is against you in terms of science do you honestly expect the 5% to dominate opinion. Then we could include college educated as 99% against you. The 1%'ers would only account for the likes of Beck & Hannity who are reformed alcoholics, claiming to have found God who guides them on the righteous path much like the crusaders and Islamic extremists.Yet totally ignore something they can see and feel everyday to place their faith in the unseen & unproven. There is nothing Adult about that, its mythical science more suited for bedtime stories or cave walls.
Typical to pull numbers out of your azz.Prove those numbers. Just like Obozosham stating 7.1 million signed up for his horrid law.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

Honesty is not a top priority for you libturds.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

"false farts" fluffed:
The IPCC's Latest Report Deliberately Excludes And Misrepresents Important Climate Science:
//////////
litesong wrote:
Just Joseph Bast filling webs with its most inaccurate, anti-science pro-oil, energy & re-pubic-lick-un toxicity. "false farts" quotes a paper shuffler to counter science.

"false farts" earns its name, "false farts".
//////////
"false farts" fluffed:
Just shows your immaturity ass hat.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Joseph Bast showed its lack of science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra & pre-calc way back in its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa. It never completed college. It co-founded Heartland. Heartland was funded by Philip Morris to cast doubt on smoking as a causative factor in lung cancer.

Joseph Bast has worn a hat on his ass for decades.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

false farts wrote:
Typical to pull numbers out of your.....
Typical of you, not to understand numbers.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then if this is valid, we can ignore all that BS about grant chasers and warmers who fly in jet planes and own yachts.
Your posts are so full of wandering flotsam that attempting to create a coherent reply would take volumes of which you'd read the first sentence or so.

That said, on your first comment...

It's the warmists that are ever so quick to find associations to funding to "evil oil companies" as a means to debunk opponent's research, and hold their fave scientists above reproach because... uhh... err... well they are, and that's all there is to it!

Just the same I can't imagine how any recipient of pubic monies could complain about including an addendum to their papers to cite their funding sources and a spending summary, Would that not be a prudent decision?

However, you're mixing up your whines. It's the celeb promoters of global warming that are being held accountable for their non-adherence to the "science" they claim proves a "crisis".
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
When 95% of the world's opinion is against you in terms of science do you honestly expect the 5% to dominate opinion.
Onto flotsam number two...

First, the whole "consensus" argument is bogus, put still a popular meme of the warmists. It's just an attempt to debunk with the logical fallacy of group-think appeal to authority.

No matter how many follow the "consensus", if a theory is wrong, it's wrong. Trumpeting "settled" science is the antithesis of the scientific method.

Who said anything about dominating opinion? In 'real' science, all research is considered. Warmists, however, preclude skeptics outright and dismiss them with a whole list of pejoratives as if that in itself is argument enough.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Then we could include college educated as 99% against you. The 1%'ers would only account for the likes of Beck & Hannity who are reformed alcoholics, claiming to have found God who guides them on the righteous path much like the crusaders and Islamic extremists.Yet totally ignore something they can see and feel everyday to place their faith in the unseen & unproven. There is nothing Adult about that, its mythical science more suited for bedtime stories or cave walls.
And now flotsam number 3...

Wow... you've got issues. Beck and Hannity alcoholics? That's relevant to what exactly?

Ahh... the 99-percentes envy based whining.

I'd say you've found global warming as a means to cobble your myriad of hate themes into a single "cause".

Get over it... some folks have more. Some have less. No amount of government intervention will change that.
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>

Dismissed.
Agreed... run along troll.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
The so-called "NIPPC" is a propaganda front for Heartland Institute, a notorious Denier organization.
Dismissed.
I would believe them more than the corrupt UN IPCC anyday.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
"GW Nazi" just destroyed your credibility. Dismissed.
Why's that, because you certainly are a GW nazi!!!!!!!!!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

charles in charge wrote:
"GW Nazi" just destroyed your credibility. Dismissed.
I disagree. "false farts" destroyed its credibilty long ago.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

false farts wrote:
I would believe them......
That's because "false farts" has no science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc in its poorly (or non-) earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Judged:

charles in charge wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would. You're a brainwashed Denier, what else COULD you believe?:)
Your way off clown. I wouldn't believe a word out of a libturds lying mouth especially an indoctrinated clown who knows nothing but what he is indoctrinated with.All you libtroll clowns are the same, you can be spotted by the first fews words you post. They all are the same nonsense,same so-called scientific data(LOL) by the same lame so-called scientist(LOL).You wear your ass for a hat and speak out of that large hole in the front.Your Al GORES btch,live with that freak!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••