Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 60655 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#43216 Feb 6, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
This new intake of deniers is the dumbest ever.
I KNOW!

Nobody even halfway smart to debate. It's just one stupid denier statement after another. Or a denier competition to tell the most lies.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#43217 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It has nothing to do with reducing CO2. It is all about redistribution of wealth. It is the marxist libtard way. Tell me how me paying someone who doesn't create a lot of CO2 money so I can continue creating CO2 stops anything. Just another libtard scam!!!
Who told you that Hannity ?? If anything is about wealth redistribution it was Globalisation but who came up with that "CAPITALISM" by exporting local jobs to cheap labor countries. So that's why all the clothes you wear are made in China, India, Bangladesh or some other 3rd world country. The TV you watch, every electrical appliance in your home and half the things you consume on a weekly basis. They are all made overseas. That is wealth redistribution, it benefits those countries that had nothing but it reduces your slice of the economic pie. So don't rant on BS about emission standards being wealth redistribution it doesn't even come close to what is already here!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43218 Feb 6, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lets put your stupid analogy into proper context. The top of the atmosphere receives the "equivalent" of 136,000,000 Hiroshima bombs per day from the sun!!!! Do you feel a little less fearful now, sissified sensationalist?
Lol
Don't you have some urgent envelopes to stuff for the Sierra Club since the Keystone XL approval is gaining momentum?
hahaha you run on improper context every day until you learn about the AGW and the global climate change.

Telling the truth is not your style.. you are misfit, a denier! Shame on you..
denier

Zion, IL

#43219 Feb 6, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
This new intake of warmies is the dumbest ever.
I KNOW

Nobody evev halfway smart to debat. It's just one stupid warmie statement after another. Or a warmie competition to tell the most lies!
Mothra

Tempe, AZ

#43220 Feb 6, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>lets put your stupid analogy into proper context. The top of the atmosphere receives the "equivalent" of 136,000,000 Hiroshima bombs per day from the sun!!!! Do you feel a little less fearful now, sissified sensationalist?
Lol
Don't you have some urgent envelopes to stuff for the Sierra Club since the Keystone XL approval is gaining momentum?
Thank you.

Warminsts demonstrate their own extremism... and still insist they be taken seriously.
Professor Emeritus Fellow

Corona Del Mar, CA

#43221 Feb 6, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that Hannity ?? If anything is about wealth redistribution it was Globalisation but who came up with that "CAPITALISM" by exporting local jobs to cheap labor countries. So that's why all the clothes you wear are made in China, India, Bangladesh or some other 3rd world country. The TV you watch, every electrical appliance in your home and half the things you consume on a weekly basis. They are all made overseas. That is wealth redistribution, it benefits those countries that had nothing but it reduces your slice of the economic pie. So don't rant on BS about emission standards being wealth redistribution it doesn't even come close to what is already here!
Dumbest post ever. Capitalism is about wealth creation, not wealth distribution.

========
The 25-page report, written by Gates and his wife Melinda, who are co-chairs of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, argued that the world is a better place than it has even been before.

Gates predicted that by 2035, there would be almost no poor countries left in the world, using today's World Bank classification of low-income countries — even after adjusting for inflation.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43222 Feb 6, 2014
Here's a question for you genious GW nutjobs.So what happens to GW when we have an off winter?Does it go into hiding?Do you put it in your pocket and bring it out when you want it?.Does it go on vacation?Same questions about our summers.Maybe GW forgot to show up for this past years hurricane season.Did someone enter the wrong(false) information when they were putting together all those fancy(manipulated)graphs?Have you nut jobs been cooresponding with Charlie Manson? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. MORONS!!!!!!!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#43223 Feb 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha you run on improper context every day until you learn about the AGW and the global climate change.
Telling the truth is not your style.. you are misfit, a denier! Shame on you..
haha
Shame on me?!
That egg on your face was placed there by you....not me!
Go create sensationalist bs somewhere else. You're beginning to compete with litesong for lamest posts on this thread.
Professor Emeritus Fellow

Corona Del Mar, CA

#43224 Feb 6, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
Here's a question for you genious GW nutjobs.So what happens to GW when we have an off winter?Does it go into hiding?Do you put it in your pocket and bring it out when you want it?.Does it go on vacation?Same questions about our summers.Maybe GW forgot to show up for this past years hurricane season.Did someone enter the wrong(false) information when they were putting together all those fancy(manipulated)graphs?Have you nut jobs been cooresponding with Charlie Manson? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. MORONS!!!!!!!
No need to concern yourself with those questions.

Rather, right now we need to support a complete ban on stadium events because of the thousands of unnecessary trips by mostly carbon based cars but also rapid transit. There is a perfectly good substitute which is television so that people can have a better view and a more comfortable seat in their own home without contributing to further global warming. Banning stadium events (like the super bowl and college football, NBA, etc) is like taking 768,000 cars off the road. True people could walk to the event, but there is not enough of the walkers to justify keeping the stadium open to everyone.

BAN STADIUM EVENTS!
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43225 Feb 6, 2014
Professor Emeritus Fellow wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to concern yourself with those questions.
Rather, right now we need to support a complete ban on stadium events because of the thousands of unnecessary trips by mostly carbon based cars but also rapid transit. There is a perfectly good substitute which is television so that people can have a better view and a more comfortable seat in their own home without contributing to further global warming. Banning stadium events (like the super bowl and college football, NBA, etc) is like taking 768,000 cars off the road. True people could walk to the event, but there is not enough of the walkers to justify keeping the stadium open to everyone.
BAN STADIUM EVENTS!
I'm really laughing my arse off at that ridiculous suggestion.But,if that's what you want to advocate for hey go for it.You forgot nascar in that group.Now the millions of people that live their lives around those activities what do you think they will say to you when you go on your media campaign?I do not think you will have a very positive outcome.
Retired Farmer

Crofton, KY

#43226 Feb 6, 2014
gcaveman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW!
Nobody even halfway smart to debate. It's just one stupid denier statement after another. Or a denier competition to tell the most lies.
You may as well give up. I did.

The people who don't want to admit that humans putting all that CO2 back into the atmosphere that God worked for hundreds of millions of years to lock up in coal and petroleum can and will cause the climate to warm cannot be reasoned with. First, the religious ones refuse to admit that the CO2 in coal was ever in the air to begin with. They scoff, "Millions of years.... No way. The earth was created in six days in 4004 BC!" And science. That is irrelevant to them, because, as one told me, "Scientists don't believe in God and His creation, so their science is not valid."

Then there are the ones who have drunk the poison kool-aid put out by the likes of the Koch brothers, two filthy rich old men who want their fossil fuel energy companies to make them even richer.

And it doesn't really matter to either sort. I've had deniers from both camps tell me, "It doesn't really matter because we'll be dead before any real harm is done."

That's probably true, too. Future generations will look back from the devastation and privation that the world will be then and damn them, but... They're already dead.
denier

Zion, IL

#43227 Feb 6, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
al gore is on vacation he's in the Caribbean on his 123 ft motor yacht named the carbonator trading carbon credits to islanders for seashells and cigars!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43228 Feb 6, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>haha
Shame on me?!
That egg on your face was placed there by you....not me!
Go create sensationalist bs somewhere else. You're beginning to compete with litesong for lamest posts on this thread.
You overrate yourself shamelessly..

And misunderestimate your opponents.. hahaha

Got science? 400,000 hiroshimas disturb daily our planet's equilibrium while we observe more than climate change each day
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43229 Feb 6, 2014
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Warminsts demonstrate their own extremism... and still insist they be taken seriously.
No need to thank that "warminst."

Pay attention now. Associated with those daily 400,000 hiroshimas are the 90 million tons of man-made CO2.

Got it?

Until the growth of CO2 is halted, said Greg Rau, a marine chemist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, ocean acidification will just keep getting worse.

"That's not a threat or a prediction," Rau said. "It's a promise."

Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2014/02/05/3308195/in-figh...
denier

Zion, IL

#43230 Feb 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You overrate yourself shamelessly..
And misunderestimate your opponents.. hahaha
Got science? 400,000 hiroshimas disturb daily our planet's equilibrium while we observe more than climate change each day
so your sayin 400,000 Hiroshimas daily thats what 146,000,000 or so a year hmm doesn't that kinda contradict "manmade"globull warming think about per the last 30 years?
denier

Zion, IL

#43231 Feb 6, 2014
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No need to thank that "warminst."
Pay attention now. Associated with those daily 400,000 hiroshimas are the 90 million tons of man-made CO2.
Got it?
Until the growth of CO2 is halted, said Greg Rau, a marine chemist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, ocean acidification will just keep getting worse.
"That's not a threat or a prediction," Rau said. "It's a promise."
Read more here: http://www.adn.com/2014/02/05/3308195/in-figh...
show me the chart that says 90 million tons?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43232 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
<quoted text>so your sayin 400,000 Hiroshimas daily thats what 146,000,000 or so a year hmm doesn't that kinda contradict "manmade"globull warming think about per the last 30 years?
The word is global, got it?

No, no contradiction.. just a confirmation that you are ignorant in science.
denier

Zion, IL

#43233 Feb 6, 2014
No, no I took algera, sienc, math, pre calc, calc, and post calc Spanish ,social sudies ,and automaton mechanics +mk ultra!
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#43234 Feb 6, 2014
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
You may as well give up. I did.
The people who don't want to admit that humans putting all that CO2 back into the atmosphere that God worked for hundreds of millions of years to lock up in coal and petroleum can and will cause the climate to warm cannot be reasoned with. First, the religious ones refuse to admit that the CO2 in coal was ever in the air to begin with. They scoff, "Millions of years.... No way. The earth was created in six days in 4004 BC!" And science. That is irrelevant to them, because, as one told me, "Scientists don't believe in God and His creation, so their science is not valid."
Then there are the ones who have drunk the poison kool-aid put out by the likes of the Koch brothers, two filthy rich old men who want their fossil fuel energy companies to make them even richer.
And it doesn't really matter to either sort. I've had deniers from both camps tell me, "It doesn't really matter because we'll be dead before any real harm is done."
That's probably true, too. Future generations will look back from the devastation and privation that the world will be then and damn them, but... They're already dead.
Well future generations will look at all the debt created and will say the same."Dam them" we'll all be dead but the damage will already be done.They'll wonder why all you warmers drank the poison kool aid from Al Gore and say they got what they deserved.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#43235 Feb 6, 2014
denier wrote:
No, no I took algera, sienc, math, pre calc, calc, and post calc Spanish ,social sudies ,and automaton mechanics +mk ultra!
hahahaha

Can't you find a scalar for CO2 in tons per day? LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 219,295
News Maxine Waters Won't Be Charged With Ethics Viol... (Sep '12) 3 hr Theodore Kennedy 14
News Some say it's time California had statewide rul... 5 hr Le Jimbo 1
News Maxine Waters: 'The tea party can go straight t... (Aug '11) 11 hr Sheol 3
News Leslie Van Houten, Manson follower, denied paro... 20 hr ted 1
Election California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 22 hr Edrosenthaal 16,048
News Victorville ranked No. 9 on 'California's most ... Fri Lulubelle Fire 5
More from around the web