Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 61068 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42208 Dec 25, 2013
A very merry Christmas to everyone!
Tubby Tuke
#42209 Dec 25, 2013
no
litesong

Everett, WA

#42210 Dec 25, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Merry Christmas, my Friends!
//////////
gcaveman1 wrote:
A very merry Christmas to everyone!
//////////
litesong wrote:
The Christ, Emmanuel, God With Us
Patience & Cheer beyond circumstance are His Many Gifts to us.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42211 Dec 25, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh... litesongs talking to himself again... or maybe not. Maybe it was his other 'evil' self that's responding.
And maybe it's his 'evil' self that putting bad icons on his other posts, so that the loon litesong can respond to the 'evil' litesong, and hope people believe there's really two different litesongs here.
Loons... both/all of 'em..
Go troll elsewhere.
No Christmas spirit with the trolls.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42212 Dec 25, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
No Christmas spirit with the trolls.
... says the self-named "green troll"

LOL
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42213 Dec 25, 2013
Daily Kos:

A new study funded by Greenpeace shows that a quarter of a million Chinese people died of air pollution from coal fired power plants in 2011. And the smog is worse this year.

The analysis traced the chemicals which are made airborne from burning coal and found a number of health damages were caused as a result. It estimates that coal burning in China was responsible for reducing the lives of 260,000 people in 2011. It also found that in the same year it led to 320,000 children and 61,000 adults suffering from asthma, 36,000 babies being born with low weight and was responsible for 340,000 hospital visits and 141 million days of sick leave.

<><><>< ><><><> <><><>

And they are doing something about it. They have to.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42214 Dec 25, 2013
DENIER SCIENCE!

America Needs Fatima, a project of the right-wing American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family, and Property, is linking the tornadoes that hit Illinois this weekend to the state’s recent approval of a marriage equality bill. Robert Ritchie, the group’s executive director, is just asking the question:

Do you think the massive Illinois tornadoes are linked to the passing of the same sex “marriage” bill?

The massive tornadoes that hit Illinois after the passing of the same sex “marriage” bill, has stimulated many people to reflection.

In it, some see God’s chastisement; others see it as yet one more merciful warning from Providence; others yet deny both options and give various reasons.

What do you think?

Ritchie also offers a link to an America Needs Fatima article,“Is the Voice of God Resounding in the Recent Catastrophes,” which blames homosexuality for several natural disasters.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42215 Dec 25, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
DENIER SCIENCE!
America Needs Fatima, a project of the right-wing American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family, and Property, is linking the tornadoes that hit Illinois this weekend to the state’s recent approval of a marriage equality bill. Robert Ritchie, the group’s executive director, is just asking the question:
Do you think the massive Illinois tornadoes are linked to the passing of the same sex “marriage” bill?
The massive tornadoes that hit Illinois after the passing of the same sex “marriage” bill, has stimulated many people to reflection.
In it, some see God’s chastisement; others see it as yet one more merciful warning from Providence; others yet deny both options and give various reasons.
What do you think?
Ritchie also offers a link to an America Needs Fatima article,“Is the Voice of God Resounding in the Recent Catastrophes,” which blames homosexuality for several natural disasters.
Only backs up the point made the other day on fanatic boxed in thinking on what makes the planet tick. I find it odd that that they always give examples of God's wrath, never an example of mercy. Where was God when Hitler was around, or Pol Pot but God takes time out to dish up a tornado because approving of gays is evil. I find it constantly amazing how these people brains work, deniers thought process is the same. They all have a built in filter that blocks out anything that is at odds with their beliefs.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#42216 Dec 26, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only backs up the point made the other day on fanatic boxed in thinking on what makes the planet tick. I find it odd that that they always give examples of God's wrath, never an example of mercy. Where was God when Hitler was around, or Pol Pot but God takes time out to dish up a tornado because approving of gays is evil. I find it constantly amazing how these people brains work, deniers thought process is the same. They all have a built in filter that blocks out anything that is at odds with their beliefs.
Of course it makes a lot more sense to blame global warming on gays than on our own irresponsible actions.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42217 Dec 26, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they (some of them) have a complete disdain for science and a total faith and reliance on an imaginary sky-daddy.

Hitler's crimes were the first cause of me doubting my Methodist upbringing, when I asked, as did many Jews in the ghettos and camps, "Where is God?"

I first confronted this irrationality in the evolution debates; the 10,000-year-old Earth being the most blatant example of their ignorance.

They believe it is God's will for the Earth to be destroyed, according to the highly misunderstood Revelation, they believe that God wants you to be rich, and they believe that prayer can cure cancer. There are a lot of very devout poor people in the world and you would think that a deity that could stop the uncontrolled growth of malignant cells could also cause cells to regrow the legs of amputees.

If you can ignore the stupidity, they are often entertaining.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42218 Dec 26, 2013
Zealots exist of the fringe of reason. If you twist your thinking enough and try see the world through their narrow keyhole view, you can make "sense" of them.

But rationale people don't live wearing blinders.

Location hidden

#42219 Dec 26, 2013
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with folks who do not have it.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42220 Dec 26, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with folks who do not have it.
Kind of a clumsy statement, and if I understand your meaning, I agree.

It ties in nicely with my comment on zealots.
litesong

Everett, WA

#42221 Dec 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
Yes, they (some of them) have a complete disdain for science and a total faith and reliance on an imaginary sky-daddy.
Hitler's crimes were the first cause of me doubting my Methodist upbringing, when I asked, as did many Jews in the ghettos and camps, "Where is God?"
You know I support your great & powerful stands against toxic topix AGW deniers. Don't expect any support from me in your brokenness of Spirit, that rejects the God who Galileo Galilei, & Johannes Kepler worshipped. It was their faith in God & His Mercy, that He & His creation were understandable by people's minds, at least in small measure, that led to their wondrous science discoveries & conclusions, & strengthened them to the end of their lives.

My display of the lack of science & mathematics education & science & mathematics degrees by toxic topix AGW deniers is constant. The reasons for a lack of science & mathematics education by toxic topix AGW deniers are many, only a few being religious.

Your reasons for your spiritual wandering, seem only straight-forward, & obvious, with reliance on a rhetorical question that isn't answered fittingly by atheist or saint.

Me...... I'll remain with my emphasis that toxic topix AGW deniers lack a fundamental education in science & mathematics by choice, even from their earliest years.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#42222 Dec 26, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You know I support your great & powerful stands against toxic topix AGW deniers. Don't expect any support from me in your brokenness of Spirit, that rejects the God who Galileo Galilei, & Johannes Kepler worshipped. It was their faith in God & His Mercy, that He & His creation were understandable by people's minds, at least in small measure, that led to their wondrous science discoveries & conclusions, & strengthened them to the end of their lives.
My display of the lack of science & mathematics education & science & mathematics degrees by toxic topix AGW deniers is constant. The reasons for a lack of science & mathematics education by toxic topix AGW deniers are many, only a few being religious.
Your reasons for your spiritual wandering, seem only straight-forward, & obvious, with reliance on a rhetorical question that isn't answered fittingly by atheist or saint.
Me...... I'll remain with my emphasis that toxic topix AGW deniers lack a fundamental education in science & mathematics by choice, even from their earliest years.
Ahh... another zealot. No proof, but a "belief".

Go troll elsewhere.

Loony zealot.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42223 Dec 26, 2013
gcaveman1 wrote:
DENIER SCIENCE!....
There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation; that's how you can know it's a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience.

Location hidden

#42224 Dec 26, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There's never been an experimental test of climate change mitigation; that's how you can know it's a hoax and man made catastrophic climate change is pseudoscience.
And that is how we know you are a dummkopf.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42225 Dec 26, 2013
Litesong, no one is knocking those who hold a spiritual belief. What we are knocking is holding that belief beyond being rational. Which means if something doesn't make sense or to make it sound rational we have to believe in a power beyond our understanding. Then don't knock those who question it, that is how science discovered the earth was not flat but the church at the time would lock you up for suggesting otherwise. That is blind faith, no one who is educated should have blind faith, question everything!
That is how science works and in the climate part of science 98% proof is enough to convince me that the 2%'ers are wrong.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#42226 Dec 27, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with any brokenness of spirit; my spirit is fine. I have a severe case of realism though.

My spiritual wandering ended many years ago when I realized that WE are responsible for this world, not a god.

In your spiritual wanderings, I find it surprising that you have chosen a transplanted Euro-God, instead of the One who resides in the mountains and trees of your native land.

To each his own, I suppose. As long as we continue to protest and fight the ignorance and corruption of these modern devils, our personal motivations don't matter.

“Headline already in use”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42228 Dec 27, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
And that is how we know you are a dummkopf.
What part of the Scientific Method don't you understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Phil 222,693
News 28 postal workers charged with mail theft, othe... 18 hr Joe Balls 3
News Show Me the Money! California's Underfunded Courts Sun Stephany McDowell 1
Need to identify a woman Sat Missouri85 1
News California Lawmakers Approve Extension Of Clima... Aug 26 Apostate 1
News California court decision keeps teacher tenure ... Aug 25 Latricia 2
GD Designs Rochdale (26) Aug 25 august005 1
More from around the web