Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,728
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story
Anti Christ

Minneapolis, MN

#41498 Nov 21, 2013
Sam wrote:
+++++++GOD NOW APPROVES OF SAME-SEX-MARRIAGE!!!+++++++ God has changed His mind on Homosexuality!. God can change His mind on matters if He wants to, there are instances in the Bible where God does just that!. This time is no different. God has certainly been answering the big Gays prayers lately!, with their recent Supreme Court victories and all. God wouldn't answer me, a Straight guy!. You know, I once asked God for a wife, 5 months later, He gave me a wh**e!. I do admit, I did used to blaspheme God a couple years on down before this, but I stopped this. I figured this was the reason God raped me. If God didn't want to give me a wife, He sure as Hell didn't have to give me that rotten wh**e!!!. Because God bestowed this evil upon me, my blaspheming Him returned with a vengeance!!!. I lay it on old God now and I don't care if I do go burn forever, HAHAHAHAHA!!!. I blaspheme God real good now. I do it more then I ever did and I am a might proud of that fact, HAHAHAHAHA!!!...GIVE ME ANOTHER WH**E GOD!!!!!!!!!.
You sound suspiciously like gcaveman's half brother/son.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#41499 Nov 21, 2013
dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: The climate changes.
Opinion: Man should control the climate.
Fact: CO2 is closer to a dangerously low level than it is to a dangerously high level.
Opinion: CO2 can control the climate.
The facts are not at issue.
Opinions are.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts presented by an idiot like you may be an issue, because they may not be facts at all, but rather the foolish babblings of an ignorant old man, which in this case they certainly are.
Dear Fair Game,

"idiot", "foolish babblings"', "ignorant", "old man"

Interesting what passes for logic, reason, and evidence in this debate on Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Climate Change.

-koolaid

Post Script:
I do not recall the last time anyone has offered an actual reason for why It is wrong of me to be suspicious of the climate oracles' pronouncements of CO2 Doom.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#41500 Nov 21, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
And just for you...
If one attempts to debate a controversial issue, it's important to know if both parties can have the intellectual honesty and integrity to admit error.
I've been using "Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite" to demonstrate that some here have not the fortitude to admit that simple fact, regardless of how much evidence is provided.
It's amazing that no warmist has ever addresses Gore's hypocrisy. They obfuscate, name call, and engage in all kinds of diversionary tactics to avoid and criticism of "one of their own".
Care to step up to the plate or like the others, get all huffy, and take your ball and go home?
First, Mothra, let me congratulate you on a well executed plan to effectively prove your point.

To those who may have missed this thread's development:
Mothra conducted an experiment on this thread to test the integrity of those promoting the unequivocal consensus of CAGW.
He successfully proved that when faced with an indisputable fact the faithful believers in AGW refuse to acknowledge it's existence.

For those of us who favor logic and reason over irrational fear and personal attacks... Good job Mothra.

-koolaid

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#41501 Nov 21, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you can't face facts.
Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
As I've said, over and over (and over and over), if you can demonstrate some critical thinking skills and admit this FACT you'll show you can handle more complex issues.
Until then... enjoy Al's hypocrisy.
The topic is global warming, not Al Gore. Since you apparently have no valid argument against global warming, you must resort to deflection. That is the hurdle over which you so often trip.
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Those are facts. Facts that you do not wish to discuss.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#41502 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Fact: CO2 is closer to a dangerously low level than it is to a dangerously high level.
Opinions are.
<quoted text>
Dear Fair Game,
Interesting what passes for logic, reason, and evidence in this debate on Anthropogenic Carbon Dioxide Driven Climate Change.
-koolaid
Post Script:
I do not recall the last time anyone has offered an actual reason for why It is wrong of me to be suspicious of the climate oracles' pronouncements of CO2 Doom.
Your foolish babblings do not constitute a debate: they only constitute foolish babbling.

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#41503 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this forum is about warming, and it's plain as day no matter what is presented even when you can't understand it you will still dismiss it anyway. However every now and then a post comes in ranting on about big government ruining their lives and we are ready for that too. And the Al Gore obsession just because he is a capitalist as well as a warmist, using the same tools to get his message out as the fossil crowd do. No problems with that either!
no, it's not!

"the green troll"

#41504 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
First, Mothra, let me congratulate you on a well executed plan to effectively prove your point.
To those who may have missed this thread's development:
Mothra conducted an experiment on this thread to test the integrity of those promoting the unequivocal consensus of CAGW.
He successfully proved that when faced with an indisputable fact the faithful believers in AGW refuse to acknowledge it's existence.
For those of us who favor logic and reason over irrational fear and personal attacks... Good job Mothra.
-koolaid
The usual circle jerk: wizened hand on wizened dick.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41505 Nov 21, 2013
Just for Mothra & other Al Gore fans:

So who is telling the truth, cut & pasting celebrity homes on right wing blogs claiming they are all Al Gore's. Probably the same for David Suzuki as well.

Former Vice President and climate change crusader, Al Gore, was in Los Angeles recently for “24 Hours of Reality: The Cost of Carbon,” an annual live-streamed multimedia show dedicated to sparking action on climate change.

He took a break from the action to answer some questions on Reddit AMA, where he was asked:

“What specific things are you doing in life to lower your personal carbon footprint? And what is the biggest one specific thing I as an individual can do to reduce mine?”

Gore responded by saying,“I use only carbon-free electricity. Have 33 solar panels on my roof, seven deep geothermal wells under my driveway, LED lights and highest-grade energy-saving windows, max insulation, hybrid plug-in car, etc. No fountains, btw. What you can do? Make smart choices for low-carbon options in the marketplace, make sure you divest from carbon-intensive stocks; be a smart and active citizen! Let politicians know the climate crisis MATTERS to you — A LOT — that you will WORK and contribute to candidates who really champion solutions — and that you will seriously work hard to DEFEAT candidates who ignore climate or take the wrong positions on climate. Help put a price on carbon in the market and put a price on denial in the political system.”

He also urged everyone to assess the carbon pollution risks they’re exposed to by visiting www.thecostofcarbon.org .

Wichita, KS

#41506 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
So who is telling the truth, cut & pasting celebrity homes on right wing blogs claiming they are all Al Gore's. Probably the same for David Suzuki as well.
Former Vice President and climate change crusader, Al Gore, was in Los Angeles recently for “24 Hours of Reality: The Cost of Carbon,” an annual live-streamed multimedia show dedicated to sparking action on climate change.
He took a break from the action to answer some questions on Reddit AMA, where he was asked:
“What specific things are you doing in life to lower your personal carbon footprint? And what is the biggest one specific thing I as an individual can do to reduce mine?”
Gore responded by saying,“I use only carbon-free electricity. Have 33 solar panels on my roof, seven deep geothermal wells under my driveway, LED lights and highest-grade energy-saving windows, max insulation, hybrid plug-in car, etc. No fountains, btw. What you can do? Make smart choices for low-carbon options in the marketplace, make sure you divest from carbon-intensive stocks; be a smart and active citizen! Let politicians know the climate crisis MATTERS to you — A LOT — that you will WORK and contribute to candidates who really champion solutions — and that you will seriously work hard to DEFEAT candidates who ignore climate or take the wrong positions on climate. Help put a price on carbon in the market and put a price on denial in the political system.”
He also urged everyone to assess the carbon pollution risks they’re exposed to by visiting www.thecostofcarbon.org .
LOL, Mothballs gotta eat crow.
dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

#41507 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Opinions are.
<quoted text>
Dear Fair Game,
-koolaid
Post Script:
Fact: CO2 is the first link in the food chain
Opinion: CO2 is toxic pollution that must be mitigated.
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Your foolish babblings do not constitute a debate: they only constitute foolish babbling.
"foolish babbling"

Once again... No offering of reason or science in challenge to my statements above.
Once again... No offering of reason or science to justify your fear of CAGW.

What remains is the fact that:
"Your foolish babblings do not constitute a debate: they only constitute foolish babbling."

Wichita, KS

#41508 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Opinions are.
<quoted text>
Dear Fair Game,
-koolaid
Post Script:
<quoted text>
"foolish babbling"
Once again... No offering of reason or science in challenge to my statements above.
"Your foolish babblings do not constitute a debate: they only constitute foolish babbling."
The Earth is warming. CO2 is a GHG. Burning fossil fuels increases the CO2 in the atmosphere. Not opinions, facts.

"the green troll"

#41509 Nov 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Opinions are.
<quoted text>
Dear Fair Game,
-koolaid
Post Script:
<quoted text>
"foolish babbling"
You were given reason and science back in April, and failed to take it on board:
Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Below 250ppm CO2 would be at a dangerously low level. At 5000 ppm CO2 would be getting closer to a dangerously high level. Currently, at 400 ppm CO2 is MUCH closer to 250 than it is to 5000.
Today, Earth is due to enter into a new Ice Age and with CO2 levels so low it will be unstoppable. Man's only hope is to triple the CO2 in the air and save our planet from Catastrophic Climate Change.
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
You trot out a denial dose CO2 killer poisoning level of non-science. On top of that, you never mention buildings of inadequate ventilation requirements that often have 5-10 TIMES CO2 concentrations of the atmosphere.
Not only do you advocate for higher CO2 levels for the entire life of people & societies, than even the prolifically math crippled 'lyin' brian', your doses of CO2 have major health problems, not only over lifespans, but short term body stresses, too.
Indeed, you earn your name,'drink the kkk-aid', an advocate for death.
5000ppm is the concentration of CO2 that causes health problems in humans, you idiot- nothing to do with global warming.

Foolish babbling of an ignorant old man.

"the green troll"

#41510 Nov 21, 2013
It seems you first mentioned this fact three years ago,

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/2012-presiden...
Less than 110ppm may be too little and over 1100ppm may be too much. The current CO2 level at 385ppm is much closer to a dangerously low level.
Since you demand logic and reason, here they are.

The CO2 level in the atmosphere is rising rapidly: there's no danger of it falling to dangerously low levels.

http://www.ipcc-data.org/figures/ipcc_ddc_co2...

You seem to confuse a dangerous to health level of CO2 with a dangerous to the planet level of CO2.

Your dangerously high level (to the planet) of CO2 will be reached by the end of the century at current rates of emissions.

That level of CO2 in the atmosphere hasn't happened for 30-100 million years, when the Earth was 16 degrees Celsius hotter.

http://www2.ucar.edu/atmosnews/news/3628/eart...

Climate science says a dangerous to the planet level of CO2 is 400ppm- a level reached this year.

CO2 was at the "dangerously low level" of the pre-industrial era since human beings emerged on the planet, and we got on with it just fine.

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs026-03/fig1.jpg

So, there you are, a logical and reasoned explanation of why your babblings are idiotic.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41511 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
So who is telling the truth, cut & pasting celebrity homes on right wing blogs ...
Not me... I posted a Google search.

LOL

btw, Al Gore didn't get all 'green' with his properties until he was called out for not doing so.

Spin all you like, but Al Gore is a global warming hypocrite.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41512 Nov 21, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Mothballs gotta eat crow.
Mothballs have a function, but "motheaten" has no function & can't eat crow.
litesong

Monroe, WA

#41513 Nov 21, 2013
motheaten wrote:
he was called out......
"motheaten" was always called out of its science & mathematics classes for sub-par performance.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41514 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
Don't you think it's odd that every western, communist, dictatorship country around the world has some form of health care built into their economy. Obviously the more successful ones have full on health care for all. Yet a bunch of tea baggers and totally misguided republicans think they are right and the rest of the world is WRONG! What gives them this special foresight that say a well educated German, or any European for that matter doesn't have. It's the same for global warming, they think the rest of the world is nuts and it's just them that can see the light. Yet at the same time can't see the comparison when they are called American Taliban.
If you want the government to control healthcare, why don't you want the to control food distribution?

The whole point of the Obamacare failure is government is too inept for us to give them this kind of power and control over our lives.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#41515 Nov 21, 2013
OzRitz wrote:
... It's hypocrisy in the extreme when you accept all other aspects of government in your life. A total no brainer!
I don't trust government to mitigate climate change either.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#41516 Nov 21, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you want the government to control healthcare, why don't you want the to control food distribution?
The whole point of the Obamacare failure is government is too inept for us to give them this kind of power and control over our lives.
What you miss is the BIG point with healthcare and that was the current system is failing the vast bulk of the population. No matter how you try to spin it, the US ranks 33 in terms of health amongst wealthy countries. It has the highest costs by as much as a third of the next ranking country, the highest insurance premiums and the highest medicine costs. It's no good having the best doctors when they are only treating the rich, that won't cut it. If the food supply was under the same threat then of course you would expect the government to step in. The "markets" do not fix everything especially when there is collusion between competition. That can happen very easily with the food chain, one big supermarket buys the rest out (capitalism) and then charges what it likes. You have more to fear from the markets than you do from government, you have been sold a dummy religion.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#41517 Nov 21, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
"motheaten" was always called out of its science & mathematics classes for sub-par performance.
<yawn>

When you're not a boor, you're a useful idiot loon.

Oh wait... I'm mistaken. You CAN be both at once.

Your momma must be so proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Californians fight over migrants 6 min barefoot2626 149
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 42 min Mrs Cleo 55,969
Bayonets, grenade launchers given to local law ... 1 hr Nuts to You 173
A California Without Illegal ImmigrantsBy Ruben... 1 hr Americans-by-guts 24
Calif. Woman Fined for Saving Water 2 hr Here Is One 3
CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 4 hr surfs up 7,955
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Jacques from Ottawa 178,078
•••

California People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••